(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 121.
#2901 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Brain trust at JJP... Let's jack up the prices, give them less innovation/toys and base the game on TS 4.
Potential JJP buyers...
[quoted image]

Unfortunately this may be the new JJP with the investors driving the bus. I certainly hope not.

#2902 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I think JJP may have jumped the shark with this one.

*the Caboom

Quoted from crujones4life:

I think it looks cool...really wish there was an SE option. My family loves Toy Story and Forky. Not for $12,000...

Well, to be fair, that LE is the new SE at CE pricing...!

#2903 1 year ago

This reeks of bad decisions and failure to understand your core audience which has dominated the Bob Chapek era of Disney. It is obvious that Disney pushed JJP to make the game based on Toy Story 4, and JJP knew that they would only sell a limited number of them, so jack the price up to $12K each so they don't take a huge loss.

#2904 1 year ago

Lots of complainers. Like every new release.

I think its looks a like a fun shooter, and the launch ramp looks killer. Reminds me of Gophers.

This will sell out (CE's) quickly and be $30k by Xmas.

#2905 1 year ago

I will never buy a game again without a proper gameplay reveal. Thanks Halloween.

The fact that JJP is taking orders for a 12k and 15k game based on a 1 minute video of a little kid getting stoked because she hit a ramp, released ten minutes before orders go live, is NOT instilling confidence. Been there, done that. No thanks.

Yeah yeah yeah, "it will shoot great". So does my Iron Man and I sure as hell did not pay 12k for it!

#2906 1 year ago
Quoted from OB1Kenobi:

This reeks of bad decisions and failure to understand your core audience which has dominated the Bob Chapek era of Disney. It is obvious that Disney pushed JJP to make the game based on Toy Story 4, and JJP knew that they would only sell a limited number of them, so jack the price up to $12K each so they don't take a huge loss.

Sometimes you just walk away. Not all clients are good clients.

#2907 1 year ago

My guess is the game will be really fun to play, and the the code, and music integration is well done. The JJP pricing structure is the problem...$12K and $15K is a joke even for JJP

#2908 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I think its looks a like a fun shooter, and the launch ramp looks killer. Reminds me of Gophers.

No way this will be 30k. And your like every new release comment isn’t true of the great games. Godzilla and CCR didn’t get panned like this (in fact people were begging CGC to release more toppers).

#2909 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballj:

I plan on ordering, and having LouMatt over to help set up !

Don't forget little old RC.

#2910 1 year ago

Will there be a LE topper to buy separately.

#2911 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Who the F is hitting the send button?

34393915-e17ac7ac-eb0a-11e7-8aac-d9b177fbca13 (resized).png34393915-e17ac7ac-eb0a-11e7-8aac-d9b177fbca13 (resized).png
#2912 1 year ago

Looking forward to buying a CE in 14 mins and leaving this thread behind! haha
If you don't like it just walk away...LOL

#2913 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

The problem here with this quote...I believe we're all looking forward to playing it but not owning it. Who's going to buy this so we can all play it????

Chris,
Will be one on location in Ohio at Southland Lanes for everyone to play.

#2914 1 year ago

Game looks very underwhelming for the high price I'm sure the play field quality will be bad as well.

#2915 1 year ago

Dreams are free....The GNR CE package was far more impressive ... hard to believe JJP didn't put custom side rails on the CE

#2916 1 year ago

Super disappointed but additionally there is only 30 seconds of vague video of it. Literally no mechs or toys at all. A video with legit gameplay could only help at this point, there is no way to feel comfortable dropping this kind of money on 30 second footage and no toys

#2917 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

How many threads will there be about that stupid ramp destroying the Mirco playfields?
1-10
10-100
100-1000

Any takers on this yet? Im leaning towards the 10-100 grouping by this time next year

#2918 1 year ago

Well, here's to finding out that everything shown so far was just a ruse because there's no way JJP is this dumb.

#2919 1 year ago

You got that half right. CEs may sell out but they will not be even close $30k anytime soon.

#2920 1 year ago
Quoted from OB1Kenobi:

While the price hike SUUUuuuuccckkkkkkss, thankfully this game is indeed being sold by JJP.

If Stern had made this, faced with comparing prices of their existing games, Stern would 'need' to price this Toy Story game LE for $18k and the for CE $25k.

#2921 1 year ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Game looks very underwhelming for the high price I'm sure the play field quality will be bad as well.

I hope JJP have the playfield issues sorted finally because if not this game could be a disaster!

Scoop, spinning wheel, jump ramp, gabby pop up, all those features sure create and add a lot of exposed edges.

#2922 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Will there be a LE topper to buy separately.

My guess is yes....thats what they did for WW and GNR, and they were both relatively cheap (Less than $300)

#2923 1 year ago

If Woody and Buzz are primarily featured on the backbox LCD with callouts by them, this machine could win back the people upset eith the theme integration.

#2924 1 year ago

Spooky is looking a lot smarter today. For Halloween and Ultraman they showed no pictures, no video, nothing. FOMO caused the titles to sell out when the order lines opened. Web site crashed! JJP releasing pictures and video of TS4 are hurting sales already. Imagine if they gave us nothing before 12:00.

#2925 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Seems like a step down from the GNR video

SEEMS like? Gnr looks like the mona lisa compared to this.

#2926 1 year ago

#2927 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Well, here's to finding out that everything shown so far was just a ruse because there's no way JJP is this dumb.

Why do people continually underestimate JJP. They could be this dumb, don't sell them short.

#2928 1 year ago

China already has a bootleg version

A7EB8A3D-4947-43E7-B595-E5C79D17F96E (resized).jpegA7EB8A3D-4947-43E7-B595-E5C79D17F96E (resized).jpeg
#2929 1 year ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

China already has a bootleg version

[quoted image]

Those look more innovative than the real one

#2930 1 year ago

No one buying this game at over 20k EVER.

#2931 1 year ago

Pat: We need a big lcd on the playfield. All the kids are using them these days and will pull them in. That translates perfectly to pinball!

JJP: You sure that is a good idea?

Pat. Two words, Dialed In!

#2932 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackrabbt:

Spooky is looking a lot smarter today. For Halloween and Ultraman they showed no pictures, no video, nothing. FOMO caused the titles to sell out when the order lines opened. Web site crashed! JJP releasing pictures and video of TS4 are hurting sales already. Imagine if they gave us nothing before 12:00.

I think spooky is going to regret that decision long term…a lot of people felt burned. Plus JJP tried to pull the same thing but people were able to data mine their website.

#2933 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

R&M is a great game but do agree the scoring could be more rewarding as it is all stacked on getting the 10th adventure.

Lol, tell me you don't know how to blow up a score on R&M without saying you don't know how to blow up a score on R&M.

#2934 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackrabbt:

Spooky is looking a lot smarter today. For Halloween and Ultraman they showed no pictures, no video, nothing. FOMO caused the titles to sell out when the order lines opened

A shot they've fired and won't be able to repeat after failing to deliver a highly desirable product.

People aren't going to get hard locked into $$ without even knowing the name... and all the TS4 angst would have been the same once they know the name.

All this extremism is the same before every freaking release. Let's actually get some real exposure to the game.

#2935 1 year ago

Just caught up on thread and the excitement is sparking and arching off the walls! There is going to be a new pinball machine offered? It is going to be based on Toy Story 4, that’s fine. Oh it costs $12k? Well what else would I expect it has all this stuff packed into the game. I can order one in 7 minutes? Cool. I’ll go grab a malted seltzer and put the deposit on my cc.

#2936 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is yes....thats what they did for WW and GNR, and they were both relatively cheap (Less than $300)

The topper was different for GNR, no extra speaker.

#2937 1 year ago

Positive take. Stern realizes after this fiasco that you can’t possible charge this much for their LE’s and keeps their LE’s somewhat reasonably priced and completely takes over this market by next year.

You’re in close to 16K with shipping and whatever else and have a machine that looks like most everything else out there.

Would have been better off charging 15K and rerunning POTC’s.

This is coming from someone who originally ordered WOZ virtually blind before JJP was hardly a company, but you had a feeling game was going to be packed full of stuff.

#2938 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

While the price hike SUUUuuuuccckkkkkkss, thankfully this game is indeed being sold by JJP.
If Stern had made this, faced with comparing prices of their existing games, Stern would 'need' to price this Toy Story game LE for $18k and the for CE $25k.

JJP fans are delusional if they think this.

#2939 1 year ago

Here's the playfield...

toy story 4 first look (resized).jpgtoy story 4 first look (resized).jpg
#2940 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackrabbt:

Am I crazy? I could have sworn I saw the little 30 second trailers for Halloween and UM before ordering mine at launch. There were also numerous pictures. I had just wanted gameplay video to understand the rules, which we didn't get until much later.

#2941 1 year ago

Now if this were based on the entire series?… 30k wouldn’t be out of the question. They cut the market down significantly by making it specific to TS4 and the nostalgia doesn’t hit to make this an emotional purchase. These will sell but none will be bolted to the floor

#2942 1 year ago

Does someone have a list of the differences handy between CE and LE?

The LE art package is much better even though I was expecting to go CE on this. Is there some killer feature that pushes the CE over the edge?

#2943 1 year ago

Let's see how long it actually takes for those 1,000 CE's to sell. That will say it all.

It'll be funny to see them still available months from now, if that's how it goes. Or they could all sell out today and JJP will prove you can still sell anything, at any price, and at any quality.

I hope they get their hands slapped on this expensive lazy game.

Go back to WOZ class games or just surrender to Stern.

#2944 1 year ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

Now if this were based on the entire series?… 30k wouldn’t be out of the question.

Please stop.

#2945 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I think spooky is going to regret that decision long term…a lot of people felt burned. Plus JJP tried to pull the same thing but people were able to data mine their website.

It depends I am now a spooky fan and genuinely love my Halloween. Obviously I'm the minority lol. But the hype here is insane and to be TS4 just killed a lot of fans hope

#2946 1 year ago

flippers are really sweating this now......

Quoted from PinStalker:

Let's see how long it actually takes for those 1,000 CE's to sell. That will say it all.
It'll be funny to see them still available months from now, if that's how it goes. Or they could all sell out today and JJP will prove you can still sell anything, at any price, and at any quality.

If it sells out quick it's due to flippers taking a chance. Then see what happens and using Halloween and UM as an example, prob not good considering they're in 15 plus tax.

#2947 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

There will be a lot buying just for “their kids” but CEs? We will see

#2949 1 year ago

Yeesh. Even the playfields look nearly identical, some coloration aside.

#2950 1 year ago

Are there any more detailed photos other than what they released earlier this morning?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 16.95
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.