(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 121.
#2801 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Paging all the goobers pushing for the CE to be $18k.... please, give us your thoughts today.

They were all excited yesterday… then JJP basically yelled “ANDY’S COMING!!!” and now it’s silence.

#2802 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

HOT TAKE.
FOMO rules this hobby, and the thought that you cant lose and may even gain on these games.
Now the manufactures think, why not us getting the $$$ but there comes a point where if they take the air out of the FOMO and this is an investment angle this bubble Bursts. It very well may happen today!
It's a fine line.

Atari was killing it.. until ET

#2803 1 year ago

Didn't Jack say there might be a possible second released before August? Could that be a different version of this game?

#2804 1 year ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

If they couldn’t make a “real” TS they should have passed on the title.

Yep. It shows when the licensor respects pinball. Rick and Morty is a great example of a modern license where the creators were "all in". The callout work is stunning and gives the game a personality that is missing from most games today. Kudos to Spooky for making it happen.

Toy Story 4 seems like a concession from Disney, who could probably give a crap about pinball.

#2805 1 year ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

Didn't Jack say there might be a possible second released before August? Could that be a different version of this game?

Lol no.

#2806 1 year ago

Was this game initially supposed to go out in wonka's place and got pushed back?

#2807 1 year ago

12k & 15k cost. Just got the email.

#2808 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Rick and Morty is a great example of a modern license where the creators were "all in". The callout work is stunning and gives the game a personality that is missing from most games today. Kudos to Spooky for making it happen.
Toy Story 4 seems like a concession from Disney, who could probably give a crap about pinball.

rick-and-morty-this-guy-gets-it.gifrick-and-morty-this-guy-gets-it.gif
#2809 1 year ago

15k kind of expensive.

#2810 1 year ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

12k & 15k cost. Just got the email.

Bummer but not shocked.

#2811 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

15k kind of expensive.

You think?

#2812 1 year ago

So the jump ramp goes.... where? To destroy the pop bumper covers?

Half surprised they're not jumping the ball onto the HUGE screen.

#2813 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2814 1 year ago

Does anyone know if you order a pinball from pinball star if they charge tax out of state and have the option to pick up locally from Illinois?

#2815 1 year ago

Okay so I REALLY like my Wonka and it'll be the last JJP machine I own because of well, the playfield... (I have pooling like damn near everyone else) However, I don't know what THIS is? Just feels like it was slapped together and shoved out the door thinking "well the market is hot and people will buy literally anything so go ahead and see what we can get past people now"...

TS4? You have the license for Toy Story and you decide to base your game off of TS4???? I don't care how well it "shoots"...

Jeff

#2816 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yep. It shows when the licensor respects pinball. Rick and Morty is a great example of a modern license where the creators were "all in". The callout work is stunning and gives the game a personality that is missing from most games today. Kudos to Spooky for making it happen.

And yet the code was so thin and repetitive that within an hour of gameplay you've seen everything the game has in it, whether you're good or not. That game lasted two weeks for us.

#2817 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

So the jump ramp goes.... where? To destroy the pop bumper covers?
Half surprised they're not jumping the ball onto the HUGE screen.

There is a plastic sheet over the pop bumpers much like No Good Gofers.

#2819 1 year ago

I was never going to buy this game just based on playfield issues being covered up and not addressed and insane pricing but actually feel bad for people that were still on board and woke up this morning to a TS 4 theme with lack of toys based on the original characters. You won't get an apology from JJP but take mine instead and hope it helps... I am deeply sorry and know you were expecting so much more from the company that made such a ground breaking game like WOZ.

#2820 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yep. It shows when the licensor respects pinball. Rick and Morty is a great example of a modern license where the creators were "all in". The callout work is stunning

To be fair - JJP did get Tim Allen & Annie Potts. That’s a major celeb “get”. If they’re also allowed to use voice clips from the movie, then there’s gonna be no issues with the audio integration. While I love R&M & the callouts are phenomenal, they didn’t get Jerry, Beth & Summer custom or clips.

#2821 1 year ago

Video is marked private

#2822 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Where are those images from?

#2823 1 year ago

Imagine toy story looked like an updated version of this? CV? Remember when games were packed and innovative……almost 30 years ago?

Or even JJP#1 - almost 10 years ago.

Compare that to this?

I’m out at 15k. I don't support a price hike like this with nothing to show for it. JJP shouldn't try to be stern b/c they're charging much more. LE would be the way to go but buying now is foolish unless you need it right away. Used LE prices ftw.

94E8DD11-C366-4BF7-81D5-CC4E5DA36185 (resized).jpeg94E8DD11-C366-4BF7-81D5-CC4E5DA36185 (resized).jpegF18CC6C7-8621-4AB7-A353-15E146598519 (resized).jpegF18CC6C7-8621-4AB7-A353-15E146598519 (resized).jpeg

#2824 1 year ago

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeyKu4cltch/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Click on open in app or it will be too small to see.

Sorry if this was posted earlier already

#2825 1 year ago
b1e8750bd2419edacc29d1105e992ac3.gifb1e8750bd2419edacc29d1105e992ac3.gif
#2826 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

There is a plastic sheet over the pop bumpers much like No Good Gofers.

In addition to two posts that pop out from the playfield just ahead of the jump ramp which I'd assume is to ensure only a solid shot will go airborne.

#2827 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And yet the code was so thin and repetitive that within an hour of gameplay you've seen everything the game has in it, whether you're good or not. That game lasted two weeks for us.

1. Lies

2. I’d rather see everything than have a game stuffed with so much that you’ll never see it. You’re ultimately still going to see repetition based on ball times & skill set.

#2828 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Based on the comments so far, I would guess when you make the shot it ruins your childhood and possibly kicks your dog.

Thats a CE only option.

#2829 1 year ago

Somebody retheme Cactus Canyon as Woody’s Roundup.

#2830 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wow, I love the fast flow, combos and humor (and I tend to like pretty tough games). If you were bored in an hour, the game wasn't dialed in or setup correctly. Dialing the game in took me 2 months, btw. In any event, different strokes.

#2831 1 year ago

Where are those images from?

Email from JJP about the release.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2832 1 year ago

At this point I think JJP should make a game based on that paperclip from microsoft that would help you write things. That would be so much better than this turd.
Clippy the next 15k game from JJP!

3AE45EB9-58D3-4D4A-97A3-0172B93E5DCF (resized).jpeg3AE45EB9-58D3-4D4A-97A3-0172B93E5DCF (resized).jpeg
#2833 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The game is hard and fun. The best theme integration of any game. Best light show of any game (yes better than GnR). You can tell the people that made it were really fans of the show.

#2834 1 year ago

Slept on it. Toy Story 4 instead of just Toy Story is definitely a bummer but I have no doubt the game is going to shoot fun. However, shooting fun is Stern’s path to victory. JJP is built on loaded games and this just simply isn’t loaded. I guess we will see how pricing shakes out but I really don’t think they can justify 12k for the cheapest option. I will say I think LE is a viable option at least. Surprised there isn’t a SE considering the theme being so good for all ages arcades.

#2835 1 year ago

I remember being on pre-order list for WOZ in 2012.

$6500.

Now $15000 for TSCE..

Wish my packpacket had gone up 230%

#2836 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Wow, I love the fast flow, combos and humor (and I tend to like pretty tough games). If you were bored in an hour, the game wasn't dialed in or setup correctly. Dialing the game in took me 2 months, btw. In any event, different strokes.

I gave it two weeks and over 1000 plays.

#2837 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

To be fair - JJP did get Tim Allen & Annie Potts. That’s a major celeb “get”. If they’re also allowed to use voice clips from the movie, then there’s gonna be no issues with the audio integration. While I love R&M & the callouts are phenomenal, they didn’t get Jerry, Beth & Summer custom or clips.

Sure, but the game is clearly centered around Rick/Morty...so I don't miss the other characters (though it would have been cool if they were included, I guess).

#2838 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bro, of course gameplay matters - but when you want $15k, you give the customer what they want. You could make the greatest playing game ever made, but if the license was “Gigli”, people don’t wanna drop that kind of cash. You’d be getting the same reaction if it was Frozen 2, Aladdin live action, Monsters U., etc. When it comes to franchises - not every sequel/remake is beloved. You’re underestimating how much people love TS1-3 & don’t really care about 4.

Stern figured that out with Ghostbusters. It came out the same time as the new Ghostbusters movie but they were smart to base the pinball on the original Ghostbusters because that's what people really want.

#2839 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Does anyone know if you order a pinball from pinball star if they charge tax out of state and have the option to pick up locally from Illinois?

No Sales Tax to Illinois. Not sure about the pickup.

#2840 1 year ago

$7800 LE’s in 18 months

Too many issues with this offering
If they would have even powdercoated the doors it would have made it look like they tried-

#2841 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I gave it two weeks and over 1000 plays.

Well, that doesn't mean your game was playing to all it's potential (the Spooky builds are really inconsistent). If the game was dialed in and playing like mine, you just have bad taste...what can I say?

#2842 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Was this game initially supposed to go out in wonka's place and got pushed back?

Supposedly to get a better acquisition of license usage.

#2843 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Email from JJP about the release.[quoted image]

I received the email and none of the links work. Strange they send an AVAILABLE NOW email and nothing works.

#2844 1 year ago
Quoted from Dexter:

I received the email and none of the links work. Strange they send an AVAILABLE NOW email and nothing works.

You willing to share the link? I'm on the email blast, but my email hasn't come through yet.

#2845 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

IDK, it's the most played game in my collection
to each his own

#2846 1 year ago

You willing to share the link? I'm on the email blast, but my email hasn't come through yet.

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Toy-Story/

#2847 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Well, that doesn't mean your game was playing to all it's potential (the Spooky builds are really inconsistent). If the game was dialed in and playing like mine, you just have bad taste...what can I say?

I know how to set up games and make sure they are working.

My problem was the code. I had zero incentive to keep trying to get better, because all of the modes were randomized at low levels of accomplishment.

Contrast with Wonka where the payoff for the 4th golden ticket is awesome and keeps us trying and trying to repeat.

#2848 1 year ago

$15K for CE and $12K for LE

#2849 1 year ago

Taken my time to comment after the leaked reveal, obviously ignore gameplay itself and just going off initial impressions of what’s on show it’s a huge disappointment.

No slinky, Rc, or Rex who all featured heavily in the opening of the movie, no mr potato head honouring the late Don Rickles, who Disney and Pixar went to great lengths to include and honour him in TS4 nearly 2 years after his passing.

As I said I am sure it will shoot and play great it’s Lawlor but, where’s the slinky ramp? A nice industry roast would have been for JJP to one up Sterns JP TREX have Rex eat the ball, mr potatohead bash toy who’s parts pop off (a modern day MM castle) and why not use RC for a video mode on the big lcd!!

And missing the release of TS4 why not go back and negotiate for the original trilogy or all 4 films if Disney want TS4 in there, look at how amazing POTC handled the different movies that could have been done here! Buzz and his laser distracting the player using an app in multiplayer would have been funny with the backbox camera photos could have been done like the etch-a-Sketch toy from the movies!

Still look forward to playing this but after GNR using drumsticks for a ramp return and a guitar head ball lock I was expecting the same attention to detail on this.

#2850 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

The issue with the TS4 movie was the actual story arc. It basically ignored Buzz, the ending was pretty terrible… basically the writing wasn’t up to the standard.

"Toy Story 4 made $1.068 billion worldwide, which is just $2 million higher than Toy Story 3 earned in 2010 (unadjusted for inflation). It's now the second highest grossing Pixar film of all time behind Incredibles 2."

I bet Pixar are crying all the way to the bank with your review

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hardware
Pinball Haven

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/57?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.