(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 121.
#2751 1 year ago

Well this is disappointing and odd.

#2752 1 year ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

Yeah, what's the deal with that? I could be wrong here, but seems like Logan Hardware only has Stern and Spooky. Haven't been out to Galloping Ghost pinball in a couple years, so can't speak to that one. Then I avoid emporium since folks tell me their machines are always down.

Enteruim has been pretty solid lately with games working. They have a GNR and a WW. Manager is a pinball fan, there is a monthly tournament the first Tuesday of the month with drink and food specials.

#2753 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2754 1 year ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Enteruim has been pretty solid lately with games working. They have a GNR and a WW. Manager is a pinball fan, there is a monthly tournament the first Tuesday of the month with drink and food specials.

Nice! Which Emporium?

#2755 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

There were a lot of possible settings they could have used like Andy's room or pizza planet that i personally think could have lead to more interesting Playfield designs and would have hit the nostalgia button for a lot of people. I wish they used locations and assets from all the films.. just using assets from 4 seems like a lot of lost potential.

That's what I'm saying.

Quoted from Zavadoza:

... Because if it was based on what Toy Story fans would want, it would be the entire series.
Andy, Andy's room, Pizza planet, Emperor Zurg, the prospector, big Al's toy barn, Sid, Lotso huggin bear, Wheezy, etc etc not in it? And all the main toys like Slinky dog, Rex, Ham, and Mr Potato head have a diminished role in TS4.

#2756 1 year ago

Wow. I was ALL IN on a CE. Had a spot lined up and all. Big fan of Toy story. I'm 37 and grew up with it. My girls love it too. But....just wow..... I'm out. Can't believe I'm saying that.

Me: You can't screw up Toy Story, there is way too much awesome stuff to work with!
JJP: Hold my beer.

I even sold some games to free up some funny money for it. Shit. Wish I didn't do that. Won't do that again!

#2757 1 year ago

Maybe we’re all wrong. TS4 could be JJP’s new age WoZ.
Release these editions.
Wait a few months after “Toy Story production window closing”.
Announce Toy Story: Andy’s Room Edition
….

#2758 1 year ago

Toy Story 4?!!

It's The Last Jedi of Toy Story. Tough to swallow.

200.gif200.gif
#2759 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Cute little girl bash toy?????
[quoted image]

Looks like Squid games!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2760 1 year ago

I've decided to wait for the next Lawler pin based upon Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation.

My dream theme.

#2761 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Wow. I was ALL IN on a CE. Had a spot lined up and all. Big fan of Toy story. I'm 37 and grew up with it. My girls love it too. But....just wow..... I'm out. Can't believe I'm saying that.
Me: You can't screw up Toy Story, there is way too much awesome stuff to work with!
JJP: Hold my beer.

“Hold my beer” when executed properly is so damn funny. Lol.

It will sell well despite launch day typing.

#2762 1 year ago

These are huge to have in the game. If only the game was called Toy Story and Toy Story 4 Naming the game after the 4th title of such a big franchise seems odd. This would be like Hobbit being called Hobbit: Battle of the 5 Armies...

• Custom Voice Narration by Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear)
• Pinball Version of “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” by Randy Newman

#2763 1 year ago

Just watched the video, I guess I’ll have to go back and watch the movie again because I barely remember any of the characters on the playfield.

It’s weird that none of the main characters of toy story are toys in the playfield right?

Still might be a great game to play.

#2764 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Toy Story 4?!!
[quoted image]

It's not the Last Jedi of toy story... It's just the least of the series and a really bad time to focus on a movie that came out several years ago.

But yeah... Tough to swallow. I was hoping to either buy one or buy something that someone clears out to buy this. I don't think this is going to shake the market much.

#2765 1 year ago

I wasn't in on a toy story no matter what but TS4 is a very confusing decision.

#2766 1 year ago

I will say, the pop up mold does look really good. I’m excited to see this game, but it will never be the one I’d hoped for. Going to give it a chance though, and I’m sure I’ll get an LE after all the kinks are worked out.

#2767 1 year ago

Well, shit. I woke up excited and caught up the last 400 posts from when I went to bed. I don't know what I'm thinking now.

Good luck to those who are gunning for a CE. I will play this on location when I see it.

#2768 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Making it Toy Story 4 is like making a Beatles game and only using music from 1964.

Or a Beatles Let it Be edition with Yoko Ono multiball and custom Yoko Ono callouts.

#2769 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

This is the most pinside that pinside has ever been lol. Layout does look fun. I understand the theme disappointment though, what a shame.

The disappointment is pretty across the board in every pinball community right now, not just pinside

Quoted from 27dnast:

Nothing quite like grown men throwing forum tantrums.
[quoted image]

Yes pointing out obvious bad decisions and being disappointed about them is "throwing a tantrum"

The COPERS are way more insufferable than the disappointed right now.

I can maaaybe understand buying the LE since it'll probably be fun and probably Lawlors last game. Honestly I think the jump ramp seems pretty sweet, and I keep seeing people say they wanted a claw machine, but a claw machine would probably suck and slow the game down too much. Maybe this is a hot take too but I am just not a fan of spinning discs in the playfield. I see ZERO reason to go after a CE, especially at 15k or whatever its going to cost. Honestly these days I'm finding it pretty hard to justify the price difference between a JJP and a Stern.

Hey you stole my meme!! You did improve my version though so I'll let it slide I guess

#2770 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Try again.
June 18, 2018. It's opening coincided with the TS4 movie release, but it's all about the characters in the first 3 films.

TS4 came out in 2019.

I am still excited for the game. The issue with the TS4 movie was the actual story arc. It basically ignored Buzz, the ending was pretty terrible… basically the writing wasn’t up to the standard.

However… the carnival concept was great. Gabby gabby and Duke Kaboom were great new characters.

#2771 1 year ago

Every RFS thread today…

“Ended up deciding to keep my game. No longer for sale”

#2772 1 year ago
eca (resized).pngeca (resized).png
#2773 1 year ago

Toy Story 4?!!
[quoted image]

Not really, not even close.

Screenshot 2022-06-14 104610 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-06-14 104610 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2022-06-14 104712 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-06-14 104712 (resized).jpg

#2774 1 year ago

When is the actual reveal noon when you can order?

#2775 1 year ago
Quoted from gawcol:

LIMITED EDITION​
Exclusive Limited Edition Art Package by John Youssi
• Imagination Blue Powder Coated Armor
• Individually Numbered LE Plaque – Limited to 5,000 Units
• Custom Voice Narration by Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear)
• Pinball Version of “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” by Randy Newman
• 27″ Backbox LCD Display With Scenes From The Film
• 10″ Carnival Game LCD Playfield Display
• 120 Watt 2.1 Stereo Sound System with Subwoofer
• 300+ Individually Controlled RGB LEDs
• JJP Exclusive HotRail Lighting System
• Star Adventurer RGB LED Stunt Deck Marquee
• Duke Caboom Stunt Ramp with Benson Posts
• Gabby Gabby Pop-Up Mech
• Second Chance Antique Store Mystery Scoop
• “Take A Chance” Spinning Wheel Mechanism
• Road Trip Physical 3-Ball Lock with Drop Target
• 5 FORKY Targets
• 4 Buzz Pop Bumpers
• 2 Woody and Bo Peep Spinners – 1 Captive Ball
• Shaker Motor & Invisiglass
• Photo Booth Camera
• Wi-Fi Enabled + Bluetooth Audio
COLLECTOR’S EDITION​
• Carnival Red Powder Chrome Armor
• Individually Numbered CE Plaque – Limited to only 1,000 Units
• Pixar Luxo Ball Shooter Knob
• Exclusive Playfield Artwork with Sparkle Accents
• RadCal Cabinet Art Package by John Youssi
• Mirrored Backglass & Art Blades
• Fiber Optic Fireworks Topper with Flying Duke Caboom Mech
• 450+ Individually Controlled RGB LEDs with Under Cabinet Lighting
• Signature Card Signed by Pat Lawlor & Jack Guarnieri
• Laser Etched Rule Card
• Additional Custom Speech by Annie Potts (Bo Peep)

Didn't notice that scoop initially..! SOLD!!!

I'm just jaw dropped at the rumored pricing for this, and there's no way the JJP owner would drop pricing, riiiiight?

If this were more $6500 LE/$8500 CE things would be more excusable/understandable, but even Led Zeppelin seems to have more going on in the playfield. This seems like the front 80% is barren.

Just....shocked. Still.

Dialed-In was jam packed, Wonka started to lose mechs in comparison, but managed to bluff it out. This....seems all LCD's, all displays, and all software. Which is not traditional pinball, and certainly seems cheaper production wise.

But hey, if it's anything we found out during Covid, someone has to pay.....for profit margins to be met!

#2776 1 year ago

I’m waiting for the reveal.

#2777 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

When is the actual reveal noon when you can order?

You can order it at noon. Most likely the actual reveal will be the same time.

#2778 1 year ago

Gabby Gabby pop up mech?

Good Lord......Nothing subliminal there about hitting a little girl in the face with your balls............

#2779 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not really, not even close.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Look, it’s a pleasant movie. It’s fine. It looks cool. It whiffs the usual Pixar emotional ending, tho. In any case - as we all know, nostalgia & emotional bond sells expensive pinball. People have strong emotional bond to TS 1&2, sometimes 3. People may have given 4 a decent review, but no one is bonded to it.

#2780 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

You must have been on vacation when godzilla was released. Worst thing we said about that was godzilla looked like a watermelon.

#2781 1 year ago
Quoted from ArtPylon:

Just watched the video, I guess I’ll have to go back and watch the movie again because I barely remember any of the characters on the playfield.
It’s weird that none of the main characters of toy story are toys in the playfield right?
Still might be a great game to play.

It's not just weird, it's f'n stupid....Jack gonna lose lots of $$$$

#2782 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The disappointment is pretty across the board in every pinball community right now, not just pinside
Hey you stole my meme!! You did improve my version though so I'll let it slide I guess

Haha, i hadn't seen yours yet, i woke up to hundreds of new posts and when i saw pics and videos that is what i thought of, posted mine before reading through all the new posts since i went to bed.

#2783 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

Or a Beatles Let it Be edition with Yoko Ono multiball and custom Yoko Ono callouts.

That would be an improvement on the game they made.

#2784 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is its a really fun pin to shoot, animations will be great (best in pinball), and launch code will be great (as always).....just not sure its JJP pricing great?

I bet there are zero custom animations of the characters in this pin. Just clips from the film and after effects motion.

#2785 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Game shoots great and is fun to play.

If that is the only goal now at JJP, then all hope is lost to relive the magic Jack intended to provide when this company started. You can’t have the bar that low and charge 15k. The company is officially going backwards now which is disappointing.

I do appreciate you chiming in though when literally every reaction is not good. So credit there for sure and I don’t think you have been offensive at all. Appreciate your perspective but JJP can do much better than this.

Edit -glad to hear Tim Allen call outs are in there. That and the ramp shot are my highlights

#2786 1 year ago

Is there a hi res full playfield picture somwhere?

#2787 1 year ago

So Godfather 3 is next?

#2788 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You must have been on vacation when godzilla was released. Worst thing we said about that was godzilla looked like a watermelon.

Cheers for the folks who like it but Zilla did not resonate for me at all.

#2789 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Haha, i hadn't seen yours yet, i woke up to hundreds of new posts and when i saw pics and videos that is what i thought of, posted mine before reading through all the new posts since i went to bed.

All good brotha, great minds think alike

fpp,small,lustre,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u1 (resized).jpgfpp,small,lustre,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u1 (resized).jpg
#2790 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Didn't notice that scoop initially..! SOLD!!!
I'm just jaw dropped at the rumored pricing for this, and there's no way the JJP owner would drop pricing, riiiiight?
If this were more $6500 LE/$8500 CE things would be more excusable/understandable, but even Led Zeppelin seems to have more going on in the playfield. This seems like the front 80% is barren.
Just....shocked. Still.
Dialed-In was jam packed, Wonka started to lose mechs in comparison, but managed to bluff it out. This....seems all LCD's, all displays, and all software. Which is not traditional pinball, and certainly seems cheaper production wise.
But hey, if it's anything we found out during Covid, someone has to pay.....for profit margins to be met!

That thinking works if you have sales volume. Time will tell, but my gut tells me JJP cut back too much and it will show up in the units sold, thus losing in the aggregate. I think they went too far on the cost cutting with this machine.

Again, have to play it now to be convinced otherwise. I am not 100% out, but will not be purchasing based on what I have seen so far.

#2791 1 year ago

So the jump ramp will shoot the ball into the upper PF? I wonder if the upper PF will get chipped on the edge by misses.

#2792 1 year ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

Has JJP used that puck like mount style for toy figurines before? Im curious if those have RFID or something in them...they look relatively easy to slide in and out to swap around.

Disney had/has that online game that works with figures that can be scanned, I believe. These could be off the shelf toys for the game.

#2793 1 year ago

Didn’t JJP have an issue with POTC licensing and Jack threw that employee under the bus about not negotiating enough assets? If they couldn’t make a “real” TS they should have passed on the title.

#2794 1 year ago

All those complaints is just an tactic to get your hands on an CE

#2795 1 year ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Yeah, not in the city..but yeah..

#2796 1 year ago

Paging all the goobers pushing for the CE to be $18k.... please, give us your thoughts today.

#2797 1 year ago

Toy Story 4?!!
[quoted image]

But The Last Jedi was the best Star Wars movie. I’m confused.

#2798 1 year ago

HOT TAKE.

FOMO rules this hobby, and the thought that you cant lose and may even gain on these games.

Now the manufactures think, why not us getting the $$$ but there comes a point where if they take the air out of the FOMO and this is an investment angle this bubble Bursts. It very well may happen today!

It's a fine line.

#2799 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

if they take the air out of the FOMO and this is an investment angle this bubble Bursts. It very well may happen today!
It's a fine line.

Calling CrazyLevi we got a bubble burst thread starting!!!

#2800 1 year ago

Can someone post the SDTM link at noon?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 35.00
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 16.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/56?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.