(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 121.
#2701 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Cute little girl bash toy?????
[quoted image]

Was she the villain for TS4? I didn’t even know there was a TS4- kids got old..
Equal rights and all- it is a strange bash toy for a Disney license.

#2702 1 year ago

Plot twist.

All these "leaked" images and videos were from the prototype machine they scrapped years ago before 100% redesigning it to the machine that everyone is hoping for based on the complete TS IP, with better toys, more mechs, and a plethora of A-list characters with all the original voices.

The marketing is following a 3 Act structure, we are in Act 2 at the moment, waiting for the final resolve to be released at 12pm EST with the real images and videos!

#2703 1 year ago

Less Screens, More Pinball! (resized).jpgLess Screens, More Pinball! (resized).jpg

#2704 1 year ago

All we need now is SR's game to have another left scoop to really bring morale down.

#2705 1 year ago
Quoted from gawcol:

LIMITED EDITION​
Exclusive Limited Edition Art Package by John Youssi
• Imagination Blue Powder Coated Armor
• Individually Numbered LE Plaque – Limited to 5,000 Units
• Custom Voice Narration by Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear)
• Pinball Version of “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” by Randy Newman
• 27″ Backbox LCD Display With Scenes From The Film
• 10″ Carnival Game LCD Playfield Display
• 120 Watt 2.1 Stereo Sound System with Subwoofer
• 300+ Individually Controlled RGB LEDs
• JJP Exclusive HotRail Lighting System
• Star Adventurer RGB LED Stunt Deck Marquee
• Duke Caboom Stunt Ramp with Benson Posts
• Gabby Gabby Pop-Up Mech
• Second Chance Antique Store Mystery Scoop
• “Take A Chance” Spinning Wheel Mechanism
• Road Trip Physical 3-Ball Lock with Drop Target
• 5 FORKY Targets
• 4 Buzz Pop Bumpers
• 2 Woody and Bo Peep Spinners – 1 Captive Ball
• Shaker Motor & Invisiglass
• Photo Booth Camera
• Wi-Fi Enabled + Bluetooth Audio
COLLECTOR’S EDITION​
• Carnival Red Powder Chrome Armor
• Individually Numbered CE Plaque – Limited to only 1,000 Units
• Pixar Luxo Ball Shooter Knob
• Exclusive Playfield Artwork with Sparkle Accents
• RadCal Cabinet Art Package by John Youssi
• Mirrored Backglass & Art Blades
• Fiber Optic Fireworks Topper with Flying Duke Caboom Mech
• 450+ Individually Controlled RGB LEDs with Under Cabinet Lighting
• Signature Card Signed by Pat Lawlor & Jack Guarnieri
• Laser Etched Rule Card
• Additional Custom Speech by Annie Potts (Bo Peep)

Tim Allen, alright, that's pretty cool! The LE is still the better deal IMO.

#2706 1 year ago

The conversation, 4 years ago at JJP:

Jack: "Hey Pat, I've got an idea for a pinball machine..hear me out: Toy Story! For everyone!"
Pat: "Toy Story 4? OK, I'll get right on it!"

#2707 1 year ago
Quoted from BradVR4:

Plot twist.
All these "leaked" images and videos were from the prototype machine they scrapped years ago before 100% redesigning it to the machine that everyone is hoping for based on the complete TS IP, with better toys, more mechs, and a plethora of A-list characters with all the original voices.
The marketing is following a 3 Act structure, we are in Act 2 at the moment, waiting for the final resolve to be released at 12pm EST with the real images and videos!

Can confirm the little girl is my niece and she’s 30 now

#2708 1 year ago

What's next? Stern's Back to the Future 3 pinball?

#2709 1 year ago

How does this NOT have a Trash Can shot? It's literally the only thing Forky says for half the movie. lol

#2710 1 year ago

Yesterday, FOMO super high

Today, no one wants it

LOL

For what its worth I bet this game is fun as heck and shoots well but its just not what people expected.

#2711 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

So long as it has a CC train, I'm good with it.

#2712 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Jaws 4: The Revenge

#2713 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

There's a huge exception to this observation: GnR. That game is the gold-standard for assets in a music pin. They had full concert footage including concert-generated imagery, all put to great and extensive use in-game.

Yeah, you’re right. Guess I was thinking only of the movie licenses. I will say though I was really disappointed at first learning gnr was based on the current tour. I wanted old videos and assets. That said, I absolutely love what they did with gnr and it’s my favorite game I own by far. I’ll have to see what this ts4 turns out to be first and give it a chance. Toy story is a top 3 theme for me, and my disappointment right now is high. Feels like the Star Wars release all over again

#2714 1 year ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

Tim Allen, alright, that's pretty cool! The LE is still the better deal IMO.

Yea - I'd rather have Tim Allen than Annie Potts. LE is by far the better deal....but at $10k aftermarket.

#2715 1 year ago
Quoted from BradVR4:

Plot twist.

Yeah the SE machine announced at 12 is gonna be TS 1 themed, priced at $7k. We can dream, right?

#2716 1 year ago

Maybe Jingle All The Way
but only these characters… no Turbo Man!

02F5062D-E9F2-4D48-A3D7-7A3981ADFD0D (resized).jpeg02F5062D-E9F2-4D48-A3D7-7A3981ADFD0D (resized).jpegA9F4B84D-9C85-4436-81FD-4BD2AA8694FA (resized).jpegA9F4B84D-9C85-4436-81FD-4BD2AA8694FA (resized).jpeg
#2717 1 year ago

The 4th Toy Story was a great movie. It was the first one I was old enough to see with my kid, all the other ones came out before he was born. The film was a technical triumph with crazy realistic lighting and animation, etc. But it was also a good Toy Story story; the first one was about making new friends, the last one was about going on new adventures with new friends. I don't understand the negative reactions people are having. It looks like how you'd expect a Toy Story pin to look.

#2718 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yea - I'd rather have Tim Allen than Annie Potts. LE is by far the better deal....but at $10k aftermarket.

I think you get both Tim Allen and Annie Potts in the CE. The LE doesn't get Annie. I could be wrong though.

#2719 1 year ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Was she the villain for TS4? I didn’t even know there was a TS4- kids got old..
Equal rights and all- it is a strange bash toy for a Disney license.

She is the villain in TS4, but just like 2 and 3, the villain be becomes their friend in the end.

#2720 1 year ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

It looks like how you'd expect a Toy Story pin to look.

I think a lot of people expected it to look like Toy Story... the Toy Story that the masses universally liked, with big mechanical characters, a claw, a Slinky Dog ramp, and a presentation that makes you temporarily forget TS4 ever was a movie. This is the polar opposite.

#2721 1 year ago

When do order start? Next week maybe? I know nothing 100% but based off past JJP sneak peaks like on their website

#2722 1 year ago

Just using the carnival part of TS4 is like taking a beloved character like Buggs Bunny and trapping him in some birthday party.

#2723 1 year ago

So let me get this right. This is a Toy Story pinball, two of the main characters Buzz and Woody ( I’m assuming they are in TS4 as I haven’t seen it) and they get integrated in the game with a spinner- Woody and the pop bumpers up the back corner(Buzz)? What am I missing? I thought they would be front and centre.

#2724 1 year ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

The 4th Toy Story was a great movie. It was the first one I was old enough to see with my kid, all the other ones came out before he was born. The film was a technical triumph with crazy realistic lighting and animation, etc. But it was also a good Toy Story story; the first one was about making new friends, the last one was about going on new adventures with new friends. I don't understand the negative reactions people are having. It looks like how you'd expect a Toy Story pin to look.

Ok, so there’s at least one game sold …

#2725 1 year ago
Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 9.22.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-14 at 9.22.56 AM.png
#2726 1 year ago
Quoted from gawcol:

LIMITED EDITION​
Exclusive Limited Edition Art Package by John Youssi
• Imagination Blue Powder Coated Armor
• Individually Numbered LE Plaque – Limited to 5,000 Units
• Custom Voice Narration by Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear)
• Pinball Version of “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” by Randy Newman
• 27″ Backbox LCD Display With Scenes From The Film
• 10″ Carnival Game LCD Playfield Display
• 120 Watt 2.1 Stereo Sound System with Subwoofer
• 300+ Individually Controlled RGB LEDs
• JJP Exclusive HotRail Lighting System
• Star Adventurer RGB LED Stunt Deck Marquee
• Duke Caboom Stunt Ramp with Benson Posts
• Gabby Gabby Pop-Up Mech
• Second Chance Antique Store Mystery Scoop
• “Take A Chance” Spinning Wheel Mechanism
• Road Trip Physical 3-Ball Lock with Drop Target
• 5 FORKY Targets
• 4 Buzz Pop Bumpers
• 2 Woody and Bo Peep Spinners – 1 Captive Ball
• Shaker Motor & Invisiglass
• Photo Booth Camera
• Wi-Fi Enabled + Bluetooth Audio
COLLECTOR’S EDITION​
• Carnival Red Powder Chrome Armor
• Individually Numbered CE Plaque – Limited to only 1,000 Units
• Pixar Luxo Ball Shooter Knob
• Exclusive Playfield Artwork with Sparkle Accents
• RadCal Cabinet Art Package by John Youssi
• Mirrored Backglass & Art Blades
• Fiber Optic Fireworks Topper with Flying Duke Caboom Mech
• 450+ Individually Controlled RGB LEDs with Under Cabinet Lighting
• Signature Card Signed by Pat Lawlor & Jack Guarnieri
• Laser Etched Rule Card
• Additional Custom Speech by Annie Potts (Bo Peep)

No magnets at all either? No drop targets? This is the most stripped down jjp game to date. Also hate that the whole top left of the playfield is nothing but a screen.

#2727 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

You weren't this negative in the RGP days were you? Or maybe I forgot.

Official JJP Employee insults potential customers who have valid critiques of a $15k product. Cool. Keep it up, Official JJP Employee. Solid PR strategy.

#2728 1 year ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Because: Ham, Mr. Potato Head, Emperor Zurg, Slinky Dog, Rex and Co are either not in it or have a super small role.

Because: there's never been a pinball machine for this IP and it's based on just #4.

4 is a good movie, but this is getting a Journey pin with only "When You Love a Woman"

#2729 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

No magnets at all either? No drop targets? This is the most stripped down jjp game to date. Also hate that the whole top left of the playfield is nothing but a screen.

There is 1 drop target and I think 3 magnets that hold the balls behind it. Not sure how they stay there otherwise

#2730 1 year ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

When do order start? Next week maybe? I know nothing 100% but based off past JJP sneak peaks like on their website

It starts in 1.5 hours

#2731 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

There's a reason Toy Story land at WDW is based on the first 3 films.

Uhh, cause it opened in 2010?

#2732 1 year ago

I love Pat but I’m not feeling it

I’m
Sure it’s fun but with only being directed with 1 movie kinda takes my childhood connection away

I wish them the best and I’m sure they will sell out but no FOMO here

#2733 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Because: Ham, Mr. Potato Head, Emperor Zurg, Slinky Dog, Rex and Co are either not in it or have a super small role.
Because: there's never been a pinball machine for this IP and it's based on just #4.
4 is a good movie, but this is getting a Journey pin with only "When You Love a Woman"

There were a lot of possible settings they could have used like Andy's room or pizza planet that i personally think could have lead to more interesting Playfield designs and would have hit the nostalgia button for a lot of people. I wish they used locations and assets from all the films.. just using assets from 4 seems like a lot of lost potential.

#2734 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Official JJP Employee insults potential customers who have valid critiques of a $15k product. Cool. Keep it up, Official JJP Employee. Solid PR strategy.

This is the reason why employees of pinball companies don't interact with pinside. If his comment insulted you then maybe you are easily offended.

#2735 1 year ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Look forward to not playing it since no operators really touch JJP in Chicago for whatever reason.. :/

I don’t operate them. It’s a numbers/inventory game for me mostly. I have stern parts and I move games a lot. Adopting JJP would require slight variations in inventory, more body strain moving games, and higher invested capital on average. It’s a shame too because their themes are killer, even TS4 would be absolutely bonkers killer at MPB and probably most locations despite the launch day typing here.

#2736 1 year ago
Quoted from dbellAZ:

The actual land was 2018 but who’s counting

#2737 1 year ago
Quoted from badgerx23:

There is 1 drop target and I think 3 magnets that hold the balls behind it. Not sure how they stay there otherwise

No way they use a magnet to hold locked balls

#2738 1 year ago

Did anyone grab official pricing while the website was up? There is no way that CE is worth 3k upgrade. Compare that to guns and roses differences.

However, the game looks really fun and I am excited!

#2739 1 year ago

I like some of it. Happy to see the return of the jump ramp. I don't understand the comments about TS4 in this thread. It was a great movie. I also think the art is great.
I've never been into LCD screens on the playfield, so that didn't need to be any bigger, alas. Seriously lacking toys.
I am also not a fan of scoops in general, but ESPECIALLY not in the center of the PF.

But whatever, I'm just chatting. I'm not the market. I've never even played Hobbit, Wonka, or GnR, and only played two games ever on POTC. JJP is for richer people to squabble over.

#2740 1 year ago

Slapping a 4 on it makes it feel dated to me, like it should have been released years ago. Would have been so much better to just be generically toy story than this.

#2741 1 year ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

There is a reason when you go to Hollywood Studios at Disney World, there isn't a big vantriliquist dummy roller coaster, it's Slinky Dog and it's f'n awesome...Toy Story 1-3 are classics; absolutely awesome movies with tremendous writing and humor to go along with the graphical innovation

#2742 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

This is the reason why employees of pinball companies don't interact with pinside. If his comment insulted you then maybe you are easily offended.

This isn’t about me. This is about a botched product launch & a company representative taking it personally and lashing out.

You see how much shit Hween & UM got? Did the Spooky employees ever stoop to attacks? NEVER. They’ve been humble & have a sense of humor.

#2743 1 year ago

Has JJP used that puck like mount style for toy figurines before? Im curious if those have RFID or something in them...they look relatively easy to slide in and out to swap around.

#2744 1 year ago

Can anyone tell what happens when you hit the right orbit shot?

I'm trying to figure out if there is some kind of ramp hidden back there or not. I think a ramp back there would really help this game have good flow.

#2745 1 year ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

No way they use a magnet to hold locked balls

I relooked at the picture and zoomed in, you’re right. I swear I saw something about a drop target though.

#2746 1 year ago
Quoted from badgerx23:

I relooked at the picture and zoomed in, your right. I swear I saw something about a drop target though.

IMG_0280 (resized).jpgIMG_0280 (resized).jpg
#2747 1 year ago
Quoted from dbellAZ:

Try again.

June 18, 2018. It's opening coincided with the TS4 movie release, but it's all about the characters in the first 3 films.

#2748 1 year ago

I can't wait for them to do ghostbusters next loooooool

Give the people what they want!!

3418C35D-DE99-400F-8F84-3AABB6120701 (resized).jpeg3418C35D-DE99-400F-8F84-3AABB6120701 (resized).jpeg
#2749 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Can anyone tell what happens when you hit the right orbit shot?

Based on the comments so far, I would guess when you make the shot it ruins your childhood and possibly kicks your dog.

#2750 1 year ago
Quoted from badgerx23:

I relooked at the picture and zoomed in, you’re right. I swear I saw something about a drop target though.

There is a drop target by the ball locks

Screenshot_20220614-103504 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220614-103504 (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frederick, MD
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/55?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.