(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 121.
#2601 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

It does say LE is limited to 5K. Have past LE titles been at 5K also?
Doesn’t say how many CE’s

Have the amount of CE's been verified? This will determine if I buy or not, 500 yes 1,000 no way.

#2602 1 year ago

Are we going to see one next week at Pintastic?

#2603 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Lack of an SE is a big mistake IMO - Arcades are going to pass on this also

The LE looks like an SE!

#2604 1 year ago

This is the most pinside that pinside has ever been lol. Layout does look fun. I understand the theme disappointment though, what a shame.

#2605 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Have the amount of CE's been verified? This will determine if I buy or not, 500 yes 1,000 no way.

Said 1000 before links were taken down

#2606 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Buyers wanted 1-3….and here we are.
For real tho - even if they only wanted to license 4, surely they would have allowed it to just be called “Toy Story Pinball”. POTC wasn’t named after only the final film. There’s plenty of TS merch that doesn’t have the 4 on it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The game has characters to collect like slinky dog and Hamm and such. The game is fun which I used to think was what mattered but I understand that things have been changing and maybe I'm missing out or something. I like playing it and the code is pretty much done. Shots are smooth. Maybe none of that matters and if so then I'm misjudging things. That's all cool.

#2607 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Buyers wanted 1-3….and here we are.
For real tho - even if they only wanted to license 4, surely they would have allowed it to just be called “Toy Story Pinball”. POTC wasn’t named after only the final film. There’s plenty of TS merch that doesn’t have the 4 on it.

I know, right? They could have just called it Toy Story and I think they would end up selling 20% more games.

#2608 1 year ago

Without reading a 1000 posts have they confirmed pricing and the number of CE's?

#2609 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

At that point you pass on the license...this is a turd plain and simple, wtf. I know you work for JJP; but don't even try here; I own GnR LE, had a Wonka; love both...This is so disappointing; they F'd up big time

Nothing quite like grown men throwing forum tantrums.

bhdp2upn4ej41 (resized).jpgbhdp2upn4ej41 (resized).jpg

#2610 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

How long have you been around, rare? Disney wanted 4. They are the licensor. Remember?

Disney wanted TS4 when? Before TS4 movie was released back in 2019? Releasing the game as TS4 back then would have made sense, but now especially as the new Buzz movie is about to hit, the TS4 theme seems old. I really wish Disney / JJP could have found a way to licence Toy Story as a theme rather than pinning the game to the 1 movie, especially the 4th one.

#2611 1 year ago

At the price point its gotta be more than just a fun game to shoot... the price is a BIG change (assuming pricing rumors are true)

The game has characters to collect like slinky dog and Hamm and such. The game is fun which I used to think was what mattered but I understand that things have been changing and maybe I'm missing out or something. I like playing it and the code is pretty much done. Shots are smooth. Maybe none of that matters and if so then I'm misjudging things. That's all cool.

#2612 1 year ago

Wanting to play the game is a whole lot different than wanting to own it.
I’ll play it, but I’m not going to own it. As a huge pinball and Toy Story fan this is an epic fail. It looks like Disney screwed JJP again.

#2613 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Bwahahaha! Yep, best analogy I’ve seen.
Honestly though, is anyone all that surprised here? JJP, with the exception of GnR, has really struggled in the theme selection department since their inception. None of their themes, with the exception of GnR, have blown the collector community away. I don’t blame them for Hobbit…they took a bet it would be of similar quality to LOTR and were just wrong. But POTC without Jack Sparrow? Dialed In?

I have zero problems with their theme selections. Actually I love their themes. The problem lies with the lack of assets after hobbit. Woz and hobbit set a standard that since has fallen short on every game. Wonka had the asset, but the coder decided to make bad choices on how to use them, or more appropriately not use them. Anyway, I’m excited to see this game, just not nearly as excited as I was 24 hours ago

#2614 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

That's like getting the Caddyshack license and making a pin based off of Caddyshack 2

Or the getting the rights to all the 90's era Batman films and chosing the fourth one with Clooney as Batman and Arnold as Mr Freeze.

giphy-1-1.gifgiphy-1-1.gif
#2615 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Without reading a 1000 posts have they confirmed pricing and the number of CE's?

1000 CEs. Price unknown.

#2616 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Have the amount of CE's been verified? This will determine if I buy or not, 500 yes 1,000 no way

Yes. 1,000.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2617 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2618 1 year ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I really do thing GnR was able to pull it off.

Goes to show you how important it is to have a licencer who understands what you trying to do and wants to help you do it .

#2619 1 year ago

No signature from Mr. Mirco? I'm out.....

#2620 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Same - I thought they would do original Toy Story actually

Absolutely agree!

#2621 1 year ago

Maybe this has been mentioned, but "Fennel Cake"? I think they meant "Funnel Cake", but will admit I have never been to a Portuguese carnival, so maybe this is a thing.

fennel-cake (resized).jpegfennel-cake (resized).jpeg
#2622 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Yes. 1,000.[quoted image]

Great thanks....now all we need is pricing....it might sell out if they keep the pricing at $12.5....$15K seems like a massive stretch for this pin....the GNR CE package was far more impressive IMHO

#2623 1 year ago

I texted my wife (who was very excited for this release) that the released pics show Toy Story 4.
Her response: That's not as exciting at all.

I think we are a wait and see now.

#2624 1 year ago

For Wonka & GNR did JJP release a topper and art blades for the LEs? I have it in my head the CE of GNR had a topper and the LEs got a different one, anyone kindly confirm?

#2625 1 year ago

The game is fun which I used to think was what mattered but I understand that things have been changing and maybe I'm missing out or something

The thing you are probably missing is that WoZ, Hobbit, POTC, Dialed In, Wonka (LE) and GnR (LE) were all sub $10k purchases when they came out.

JJP has increased prices so much on this title that it's causing some push back. As I said yesterday:

12.5k CE - I buy because it's PL
15k CE - watch the video and decide

I watched and it's a pass for me. But I'm super excited to play it and know it will be fun - I just can't justify $15k.

#2626 1 year ago

Bro, of course gameplay matters - but when you want $15k, you give the customer what they want. You could make the greatest playing game ever made, but if the license was “Gigli”, people don’t wanna drop that kind of cash. You’d be getting the same reaction if it was Frozen 2, Aladdin live action, Monsters U., etc. When it comes to franchises - not every sequel/remake is beloved. You’re underestimating how much people love TS1-3 & don’t really care about 4.

#2627 1 year ago

Didn't see this mentioned but now the obvious TS4 won't be confused with The Shadow.

#2628 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

#2629 1 year ago

Thinking of my current pins, I'd say I've received equal enjoyment when compared to what I paid for them. With this, I don't see 12k -15K of home enjoyment but I do see $50 bucks of on location enjoyment somewhere. I'll still play it, just don't need to own this version.

#2630 1 year ago

You’re not wrong, those things are important and I’m sure they’re great. For $12k-$15k though, the iconic Toy Story is where it’s at.
The game is missing just about everything iconic about the franchise.
If it was a $7500 SE, then they can get a pass.
This has been so anticipated for so many years. That’s why the fanatics of the IP are so dissatisfied

#2631 1 year ago

Saved by the bell. The new class. ?

#2632 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

At that point you pass on the license...this is a turd plain and simple, wtf. I know you work for JJP; but don't even try here; I own GnR LE, had a Wonka; love both...This is so disappointing; they F'd up big time

Agree the best tool in negotiations is knowing when to walk away!

#2633 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Actually, he went to sign them. Unfortunately, it chipped off when the marker hit the playfield

#2634 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Actually, he went to sign them. Unfortunately, it chipped off when the marker hit the playfield

hahahahah! Ouch!

#2635 1 year ago

Honestly, now that I'm thinking about it - what if the leak was intentional in order to gauge response for setting a price?

How many of us would re-think if the prices were $12.5k CE / $10k LE ?

Still not sure I'd buy a CE, but I'd buy an LE for $10k.

#2636 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Honestly, now that I'm thinking about it - what if the leak was intentional in order to gauge response for setting a price?
How many of us would re-think if the prices were $12.5k CE / $10k LE ?
Still not sure I'd buy a CE, but I'd buy an LE for $10k.

Keep dreaming it's not April 1st!

#2637 1 year ago

I'm liking the blue rails and cab art on the LE a lot more than the red and purple CE.

#2638 1 year ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Disney wanted TS4 when? Before TS4 movie was released back in 2019? Releasing the game as TS4 back then would have made sense, but now especially as the new Buzz movie is about to hit, the TS4 theme seems old. I really wish Disney / JJP could have found a way to licence Toy Story as a theme rather than pinning the game to the 1 movie, especially the 4th one.

Even themeing it after the ride, toy story mania

#2639 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I have zero problems with their theme selections. Actually I love their themes. The problem lies with the lack of assets after hobbit. Woz and hobbit set a standard that since has fallen short on every game.

There's a huge exception to this observation: GnR. That game is the gold-standard for assets in a music pin. They had full concert footage including concert-generated imagery, all put to great and extensive use in-game.

#2640 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bro, of course gameplay matters - but when you want $15k, you give the customer what they want. You could make the greatest playing game ever made, but if the license was “Gigli”, people don’t wanna drop that kind of cash. You’d be getting the same reaction if it was Frozen 2, Aladdin live action, Monsters U., etc. When it comes to franchises - not every sequel/remake is beloved. You’re underestimating how much people love TS1-3 & don’t really care about 4.

At this point the question is all about pricing....if JJP goes back to their $9.5K LE pricing, and the $12.5K CE pricing then it will sell well. If they get aggressive with LE and CE pricing who knows what will happen? I just dont see at $15K CE or for that matter an $11K LE...the first thing I noticed was the LE and CE has the same color scheme as Wonka....I guess the designer really likes Blue and Red as DI LE was blue as well

#2641 1 year ago

This was me at 4am seeing that it's actually Toy Story 4 and looking at the pics.

I wrote this just before the pics were released:

Quoted from Zavadoza:

Only reasoning I can think of for this to only be TS4 is Disney licensing.
The cost it would take to get the entire franchise vs just that film. Because if it was based on what Toy Story fans would want, it would be the entire series.
Andy, Andy's room, Pizza planet, Emperor Zurg, the prospector, big Al's toy barn, Sid, Lotso huggin bear, Wheezy, etc etc not in it? And all the main toys like Slinky dog, Rex, Ham, and Mr Potato head have a diminished role in TS4.
We will see tomorrow I guess. We are definitely guaranteed a Forky.

I'm trying to reserve judgment until seeing more. I'm an enormous JJP and Disney fan, but even if it's a great game it's not the IP I was expecting. I'm incredibly disappointed. No way this is as loaded as Pirates and it's TOY Story.

As good as Pirates is, it is still an example of what could have been with assets.

1-3 told an entire story. 4 moved on from that and did so with new characters. It doesn't hit the same. It's going to take a while to get over the fact that we now have a Toy Story pinball machine, but not really.

Screenshot_20220613-221318_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220613-221318_Photos (resized).jpg
#2642 1 year ago

So this 15K CE is all speculation right? Not that I dont think it will be lol.

#2643 1 year ago

Most likely gonna be out. Layout looks cool but theme really drops the ball. I’d be in at gnr prices but definitely not with the hikes.

#2644 1 year ago

I'm willing to bet the game is fun to shoot.
The big ramp shot to the big fake mirror hole looks like a rewarding shot that most anybody can hit.
It looks like a lot of the BOM budget went to software and the big LCD. There is a mini pinball game on the LCD which really rubs me the wrong way... If i wanted to pay digital pinball on a screen, I'll play in VR. I like real pinball because it's mechanical and not digital....

I agree with those wishing more original characters ended up as real toys.
Like others, based on price and current info, this has gone from a definite purchase to a wait and see.

#2645 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

At this point the question is all about pricing....if JJP goes back to their $9.5K LE pricing, and the $12.5K CE pricing then it will sell well. If they get aggressive with LE and CE pricing who knows what will happen? I just dont see at $15K CE or for that matter an $11K LE...the first thing I noticed was the LE and CE has the same color scheme as Wonka....I guess the designer really likes Blue and Red as DI LE was blue as well

I know. The powder coat choice disappointed me a touch be honest. I would have liked to see a yellow LE for example. If you have all 3 Lawlor JJP LE machines, you are looking at triple blues here.

#2646 1 year ago

Yeah, but I can "collect" characters in any $20-$60 video game in a similar, and more realized manner.

The reality of a pinball game is NOT via relying more on digital assets than......physical one's.

It's okay for fans of the franchise, pinball, Lawlor and most of all JJP to be disappointed.

#2647 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

I'm willing to bet the game is fun to shoot.
The big ramp shot to the big fake mirror hole looks like a rewarding shot that most anybody can hit.
It looks like a lot of the BOM budget went to software and the big LCD. There is a mini pinball game on the LCD which really rubs me the wrong way... If i wanted to pay digital pinball on a screen, I'll play in VR. I like real pinball because it's mechanical and not digital....
I agree with those wishing more original characters ended up as real toys.
Like others, based on price and current info, this has gone from a definite purchase to a wait and see.

With that big plastic catcher level, seems pretty easy. I wonder if it holds up better than the playfields. And wonder how the spot looks where the ball falls off. I am
Personally not a fan of when balls leave the playfield

#2648 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

There is a mini pinball game on the LCD which really rubs me the wrong way... If i wanted to pay digital pinball on a screen, I'll play in VR. I like real pinball because it's mechanical and not digital....

Agree with this. Should have went the route of Family Guy/Shrek and put a real mini game in there....

#2649 1 year ago

27C3122B-7F3C-42A0-BC13-C3204614E4CD (resized).jpeg27C3122B-7F3C-42A0-BC13-C3204614E4CD (resized).jpeg
#2650 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

For Wonka & GNR did JJP release a topper and art blades for the LEs? I have it in my head the CE of GNR had a topper and the LEs got a different one, anyone kindly confirm?

That is correct. Also, the LE Topper can be modded to be even better than the CE Topper. That is what I have place on my CE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/53?hl=nhpolarbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.