(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 121.
#2551 1 year ago

After being hyped for years

6jmmov (resized).jpg6jmmov (resized).jpg

#2552 1 year ago

Give me LOV, Halloween, Rush, any other new release over this.

#2553 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

Give me LOV, Halloween, Rush, any other new release over this.

i dont think i would go THAT far... lol

#2554 1 year ago

This is the most JJP thing ever lol.

#2555 1 year ago

At least there's no suicide pops. Wonka was great besides throwing a ball in the trash every game for hitting a required shot into pops that sling the ball SDTM.

#2556 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

what the fuck was pat lawlor doing this entite time?

Being pushed by JJP bean counters to strip off all the fun & expensive stuff.

#2557 1 year ago

Fork…y me! That’s disappointing!!!

#2558 1 year ago

You Sir, are my hero for the day and you have scooped every pinball creator/podcast personality at the 6 hour ago mark. Can’t wait to buy my TSLE at high noon today. And if LE’s are being run on a separate line from CE’s, it will get here that much sooner.

Bottom link page is inactive for now. Thanks for the early peak behind the curtain. It helped me decide to buy the LE, without hesitation and confirmed there was no need to buy the CE. Unknowns are quantities and pricing. Maybe JJp is waiting to see how many CE orders they get before announcing the number. That way if 750 are ordered, they stick with it. However, if 1,250 are ordered, they will announce that amount. That ensures you’ll get a CE if you want it and takes away most of the upside scalpers were hoping to realize.

#2559 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Updating the jjp site frenetically, refusing to go to bed.
THIS IS BIGGER THEN THE LUNAR LANDING!

WAIT......

We really did land on the Moon???.

#2560 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not to mention how strict Disney would be with all their compliance requests. I remember talking to Gary at Pinfest and he said Disney were the hardest to satisfy licence wise of all the licenced themes he had ever done……. He was also drinking heavily

#2561 1 year ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

WAIT......
We really did land on the Moon???.

dumb-and-dumber-no-way.gifdumb-and-dumber-no-way.gif

#2562 1 year ago

I was in for a CE, being TS 4 im out completely. Since im not getting a CE now theres no rush. I can always get an LE down the road if it truly is amazing code and gameplay.

#2563 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You Sir, are my hero for the day and you have scooped every pinball creator/podcast personality at the 6 hour ago mark. Can’t wait to buy my TSLE at high noon today.
Bottom link page is inactive for now. Thanks for the early peak behind the curtain. It helped me decide to buy the LE, without hesitation and confirmed there was no need to buy the CE. Unknowns are quantities and pricing. Maybe they are waiting to see how many orders they get before announcing the number. That way if 750 are ordered, they stick with it. However, if 1,250 are ordered, they will announce that amount. That insures you’ll get a CE if you want it and takes away most of the upside scalpers were hoping to realize.

1000ce

#2564 1 year ago

In terms of mechanical features that also give the game a world under glass feeling I'm so far more impressed by those in my Turtles Premium that I paid NIB $7,500 for over Toy Story 4 for $12k+. The Turtles van with a physical ball lock that opens up, the spinning pizza disk with magnet, the mechanical glider that interacts with the lockdown bar button, and the moving Krang toy. All of those are integrated with the theme better, and are more complex then anything I'm seeing in Toy Story 4.

#2565 1 year ago

Ummm... is no one going to bring up that they just slapped a mirror in the back of the playfield and called it a feature? That reeks of something having been pulled for cost reasons. It is just too lazy.

mirror (resized).jpegmirror (resized).jpeg
#2566 1 year ago

I have to admit, first impressions are not good. I find it very simple looking and not a fan of the large LCD screen (bigger is not always better). At the end of the day, when you are paying this kind of money, innovation should be front and center. At this point I am simply not seeing it. No order for me until I get to play the game. I was also looking for Toy Story 1-3 assets as well. I am out (for now).

As for comments about JJP 2.0 and lack of innovation, I really do think GnR was able to pull it off. There was something else in play here. Budget constraints? Really trying to shift the target market? I know timeless/home sales have always been Jack's thing. Maybe his voice is really gone?

Maybe the software side of TS4 will blow me away?

Sigh...

#2567 1 year ago

I hope the rumor of Stern getting Foo Fighters is true now. That's where my money will be going (most likely).

#2568 1 year ago

Exact same thoughts here

Quoted from PinWill333:I was in for a CE, being TS 4 im out completely. Since im not getting a CE now theres no rush. I can always get an LE down the road if it truly is amazing code and gameplay.

#2569 1 year ago

My guess is its a really fun pin to shoot, animations will be great (best in pinball), and launch code will be great (as always).....just not sure its JJP pricing great?

#2570 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Ummm... is no one going to bring up that they just slapped a mirror in the back of the playfield and called it a feature? That reeks of something having been pulled for cost reasons. It is just too lazy.
[quoted image]

I don't think it's a mirror. I think it's a tunnel kinda thing. It looks like where the ball goes when you hit the ramp shot.

#2571 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

The issue for me is price. I'm fairly certain Wonka was much cheaper when it was revealed. This is just one game I will have to play first. Then I'll make my decision.

Oh you're absolutely right about that. Wonka was a 12.5K CE.

The price is a bitter pill for me also, these games are getting dangerously close to the point I just pass.

#2572 1 year ago

Innovative Ramp shot = 1950’s pinch an bat ramp connected to a solenoid.

#2573 1 year ago
its-groundhog-day-again-reporting.gifits-groundhog-day-again-reporting.gif
#2574 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Not to mention how strict Disney would be with all their compliance requests. I remember talking to Gary at Pinfest and he said Disney were the hardest to satisfy licence wise of all the licenced themes he had ever done……. He was also drinking heavily

How did the Gabby “bash toy” ever made it past Disney compliance?!

JJP: “And here is a pop up doll, Gabby, that awards you x points for bashing her right in the kisser with a steel ball. Our target market, 50 year old middle class US men who fall all over themselves dropping $15k sight unseen love that”.

Disney compliance: “Sure. Great! Go ahead!!!”

#2575 1 year ago

This may be the first game of the modern era to be void of any mechanical toys in the back 1/3 of the playfield? Very strange. I'm not seeing a single one and damn is that LCD huge.

Screenshot 2022-06-14 090627 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-06-14 090627 (resized).jpg

#2576 1 year ago

In a nutshell:

Toy Story CE is the Woody edition and it is red, has a mirrored back glass and a custom integrated topper.

Toy Story LE is the Buzz edition and it is blue, has a back glass too (thx bigd1979) and no topper.

Also sounds like quantities are set at 1k / 5k. Surprised the game has no upper playfield. I always enjoy JJP rules charts.
39F1B71F-082C-4B1A-A6D9-CBEF8DB1F4AD.jpeg39F1B71F-082C-4B1A-A6D9-CBEF8DB1F4AD.jpeg

#2577 1 year ago

TS FOUR?!??!

Hahahahahaahaaa!!!

What’s next, JJP? Godfather 3?! Matrix 4?! Ghostbuster ‘16?!?!?

OMG, this is a scandal. How did this happen?!?! Like, even just taking “4” off the cabinet would be a 100% improvement.

#2578 1 year ago

In a nutshell:
CE is the Woody edition and it is red, has a mirrored back glass and a custom integrated topper.
LE is Buzz edition and it is blue, has a translite and no topper.

Where are you seeing that? The playfield is crammed with all the shitty characters from TS4.

#2579 1 year ago

In a nutshell:
CE is the Woody edition and it is red, has a mirrored back glass and a custom integrated topper.

Pretty sure le is a backglass just not mirrored.... jjp hasn't done translights

#2580 1 year ago

In a nutshell:

Lack of an SE is a big mistake IMO - Arcades are going to pass on this also

#2581 1 year ago

This has been the funniest thread to watch.
If you ever wondered what a fart noise would look like this thread is it.

#2582 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Where are you seeing that? The playfield is crammed with all the shitty characters from TS4.

It is only on the cabinet decals. Head decals depict the model.

#2583 1 year ago
ts4.gifts4.gif
#2584 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Lack of an SE is a big mistake IMO - Arcades are going to pass on this also

This is an SE.....just called an LE/CE. Now we know why there is no SE...

#2585 1 year ago

And to think I was considering selling my LOTR and WCS to finance TS. No way now.

#2586 1 year ago

#Screen Story 4

Not seeing any toys.

Off to meetings. Hopefully the real reveal stuns us wwf/wcw takeover style.

#2587 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Quoted from Rarehero:

TS FOUR?!??!
Hahahahahaahaaa!!!
What’s next, JJP? Godfather 3?! Matrix 4?! Ghostbuster ‘16?!?!?
OMG, this is a scandal. How did this happen?!?! Like, even just taking “4” off the cabinet would be a 100% improvement.

How long have you been around, rare? Disney wanted 4. They are the licensor. Remember?

#2588 1 year ago

The game is growing on me but this is hilarious!

#2589 1 year ago

Looking forward to seeing the real reveal. The leaked video is a decoy.
But in all seriousness I’m excited to play it.

#2590 1 year ago

Of all the toy story movies, 4 was my least favorite! Was truly looking forward to a game with the original characters. Would have been a classic and a top seller. So count me out!

#2591 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

How long have you been around, rare? Disney wanted 4. They are the licensor. Remember?

Yeah at some point someone has to say "NO!" and move to another license when this stuff happens.

#2592 1 year ago

At that point you pass on the license...this is a turd plain and simple, wtf. I know you work for JJP; but don't even try here; I own GnR LE, had a Wonka; love both...This is so disappointing; they F'd up big time

#2593 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Looking forward to seeing the real reveal. The leaked video is a decoy.
But in all seriousness I’m excited to play it.

The real game is just a rethemed Shaq

#2594 1 year ago

Deco... video or not. The pictures clearly show its based on TS4. Or do you think the pictures are deco also?

#2595 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

At that point you pass on the license...this is a turd plain and simple, wtf. I know you work for JJP; but don't even try here; I own GnR LE, had a Wonka; love both...This is so disappointing; they F'd up big time

Well I am sorry you feel that way. To each his own.

#2596 1 year ago

I was holding off on TS because I wanted to see if the playfield issues would be addressed. Now that’s moot. I’ll play this game on location but will never own one.

My family has been waiting for a Lawlor designed Toy Story pin for years. TS4? Imagine if Jack had made “The Wiz” instead of “The Wizard of Oz”. That’s what we have. Not a classic, timeless game but one based on a strange depressing sequel that sapped the life and fun out of the original movies.

The carnival theme could be a good one. But it’s not Toy Story. Toy Story is about Andy’s toys in Andy’s room. Woody. Buzz. Slinky. Mr. Potato Head. Hamm. Rex. Jessie. Army men. The Aliens. And the Claw.

Instead we’re supposed to bash a doll’s head with a pinball? And “Toy Story 4” will date this game into oblivion before it finishes production.

I don’t know who the market for this is. Not my wife or daughter. Not most Disney Fans. Not Toy Story fans. Not this fan.

#2597 1 year ago

I think they are missing an element that would help drive sales by using TS4, NOSTALGIA!

#2598 1 year ago

Buyers wanted 1-3….and here we are.

For real tho - even if they only wanted to license 4, surely they would have allowed it to just be called “Toy Story Pinball”. POTC wasn’t named after only the final film. There’s plenty of TS merch that doesn’t have the 4 on it.

4021121A-9ED1-4059-8E54-54439807FCC2 (resized).jpeg4021121A-9ED1-4059-8E54-54439807FCC2 (resized).jpeg7DF984B0-B5A3-4470-9796-FC7AF9405D7C (resized).jpeg7DF984B0-B5A3-4470-9796-FC7AF9405D7C (resized).jpeg
#2599 1 year ago
Quoted from EagleEd7:

Of all the toy story movies, 4 was my least favorite!

Same - I thought they would do original Toy Story actually

#2600 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Basing it on TS4, I think they are missing an element that would help drive sales , NOSTALGIA!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Led
Lermods

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/52?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.