(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 121.
#2501 1 year ago

and than, about the real/coil kickback in the outlane, for sure its a nice feature, and i like it in T3 or ST PRE/LE (which are STERN pins)

#2502 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Yeah everyone just thinks I'm shilling I understand. I shouldn't even be here when everyone has their heart set on bitching and stuff. I'm enjoying this game more than I have a new game in a long time but that's me and I am certainly not the target audience that's for sure. It shoots great, the code is great and there are three separate voice actors that did custom speech for it coupled with movie quotes and all kinds of fun shots. No sarcasm here tho - I get it. Everyone wants to trash it today and that's your right if you want. Hopefully it will be like Pirates where once it gets out there and people have a chance to play it they will realize how good it is. I loved DI at the beginning and dung jumped on me and got me reprimanded on here. That's fine. I do tech support not game sales and I didn't design this one but it's just straight up fun. That's really all. It's fun.

Please tell me they use a lot of movie quotes
From woody and buzz?

#2503 1 year ago

Can you imagine if JJP does not even have full assests for the characters voices! I hope they do but would not be shocked if no woody or buzz callouts.

#2504 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If Stern is listing a spinner of all things as a "Spinner with dual ultra action mechanical movement" then yes something that uses an actual coil to interact with the ball is sure as hell a feature lol.

Two wrongs don't make a right. We are talking about this game's lack of assets, not stern's.

This game is praising stand up targets, pal.

#2505 1 year ago

Good news pinside. JJP has already glued on toy story characters to the pf for you so check that box!

Wow - woke up this morning and just so disappointed. I called it - jjp 2.0 is in full effect. The days of woz innovation are dead. Absolutely dead! But couple that cost cutting approach and pairing it with TS4? What were they thinking? And I don’t want to hear it shoots well. Hello- that’s why we’re even paying attention to begin with - i would expect that from Pat. And no this isn’t pirates - that game was loaded and will prob represent the last true JJP game.

I was hoping for so much more than what I’m seeing right now. Not because of some podcaster that literally hypes every new game bc my expectations were not great to begin with. Even the Colors of LE and CE armor matching wonka along with some similar placement of items on pf is interesting too. Edit - that blue looks flat with no sparkle. Great.

After all this time, they spent how much time working on this game and we have this. I get once the proper reveal happens we’ll get a better appreciation and I’m sure it will be fun. It’s a game from one of the greatest but missed opportunities is an understatement. Unfortunately you can’t add actual hardware - game looks even more barren than even I was expecting. Jump ramp is def the highlight for me. Interested to see how Meny and the boys spin this. Hard not to acknowledge what’s going on here.

#2506 1 year ago

Toy Story 4 was dark, creepy, and depressing. Disney made little bo beep the spotlight of the movie of course. I don't care to ever see it again much play it over and over. All the crazy spinning carnival stuff with lights makes me a bit queezy. I feel as though when I get to play this game for the first time the flipper buttons will be sticky from a kids cotton candy.
"Hey Wonka I want off!"

#2507 1 year ago

Pinsides overall reaction so far

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#2508 1 year ago

Question: Wasn't this made 4 years ago?

If yes, Toy Story 4 wasn't even made and in fact, TS 3 was supposed to be the very last movie. Did they name it 4 because it took 4 years to make and release?

PS: I've fixed the toys in my pic. No need to have peep candy toys in a pinball game.

Tim

Fixed (resized).PNGFixed (resized).PNG

#2509 1 year ago

Don't think it's been mentioned, but the web page does say "Custom Voice Narration by Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear)". So that's good. But I'm still out on my planned CE.

#2510 1 year ago

It’s kind of interesting that a long ago movie theme from June 21, 2019 that no one even talks about anymore is now being released in June 2022.

#2511 1 year ago

Snoozer. Time to put pat out to pasture. Steve is next.

Looks pretty boring to me. Nothing new or exciting about pinball.

Jump ramp looks like a huge liability to the plastics and figures. Also, ball hang ups.

JJP officially tanking? Might be. Seems like a lot of money tied up in a meh game. Who knows…hope Im wrong.

#2512 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It’s kind of interesting that a long ago movie theme from 2019 that no one even talks about anymore is now being released in 2022.

Kind of interesting as in it kind of sucks??

Toy Story 1-3 are classics, that was a layup....And we are getting this??

I'm glad I paid my full balance on LOV Deluxe last week; don't have to worry about making room for this abomination

#2513 1 year ago

No celebrity signatures? Tim Allen, Tom hanks?

#2514 1 year ago

Wonder what the reaction would be if everyone hadn't jumped on the Kaneda hype train.
Based on the direction they went with GNR, this was never going to be loaded with toys.
Claw machine .... yeah right
I don't get the huge PF screen, they have the largest display in the industry - why cover so much PF real-estate with another screen?

It is a pretty machine, and I am sure it will be very fun to play (most pinball is) ... just won't be in my basement

#2515 1 year ago

This is going over as well as Scrappy Doo pinball would. Major disappointment with the direction and the lack of the OG characters. Too much of the new characters spread throughout.

TS practically designed itself. Toy Box lock, Slinky Dog ramp, Claw toy. Throw in a Pizza Planet "this" or a Talking Mr. Potato Head "that", some good rules, and it's a home run.

Instead we got the "kooky carnival" direction where JJP also QUADRUPLES DOWN on how much PF space should be taken up by ANOTHER F'ING LCD SCREEN!!!

#2516 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Wonder what the reaction would be if everyone hadn't jumped on the Kaneda hype train.
Based on the direction they went with GNR, this was never going to be loaded with toys.
Claw machine .... yeah right

I'll answer that:

I don't listen to kaneda. I'm let down by the theme and the fact that Pat just reused ngg parts to make an underwhelming looking game.

#2517 1 year ago

I'm sure it will be a fun game and will shoot nicely but I don't really see it as a step-up over Dialed In and Wonka in terms of features and toys. Considering that Wonka LE was $9K at release and this is rumored to be $12K (and Lawlor's swan song) I was expecting more. I'm still excited to play one and find out more but I've come to the conclusion that if you want to see innovation and unique designs that you have to look towards the next generation of designers. I'm sure Eric's next game with JJP will be epic and bring the innovation that we as collector's desire! I'm also looking forward to seeing what Mark Seiden does for his first game.

#2518 1 year ago

"It's a profit deal huh.....takes the pressure off. Step right up and win some crap!"

SmartSelect_20220614-080524_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220614-080524_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2519 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

This is going over as well as Scrappy Doo pinball would. Major disappointment with the direction and the lack of the OG characters. Too much of the new characters spread throughout.
TS practically designed itself. Toy Box lock, Slinky Dog ramp, Claw toy. Throw in a Pizza Planet "this" or a Talking Mr. Potato Head "that", some good rules, and it's a home run.
Instead we got the "kooky carnival" direction where JJP also QUADRUPLES DOWN on how much PF space should be taken up by ANOTHER F'ING LCD SCREEN!!!

Well said!

#2520 1 year ago

Can you buy the CE online? Will they ship it outside the US if purchased directly? Thanks for the help!

#2521 1 year ago

Maybe not trying to have a big surprise reveal and instead getting feedback from a focus group throughout the design and development would deliver a product that aligns more strategically to the target customer. I’m sure there are plenty of enthusiasts that would love to be involved and provide real world market feedback before a huge investment like this goes to production. Just my 2 cents

#2522 1 year ago

Boy oh boy, I can't remember this much negativity on a new pin in a while.

I'm going to wait and see before making final judgement. I see the disappointment for sure, expectations were so high on this.

#2523 1 year ago

Seems a bit like Wonka reveal 2.0 with folks disappointed theme not implemented well on the playfield.
People wound up liking Wonka so you never know how these things go long term.
Software and screens drive so much of these games now.

#2524 1 year ago

So how long will it take for CE's to sell out?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2525 1 year ago

Collectively its really interesting to see how much of a misstep TS4 really is, as we see the same comments of what people expected over and over. Many came up with this list of ideas independently. If there was a Slinky dog ramp, a Claw machine that picks up the ball, Mr. Potato Head ball lock, that dumps all the balls out his rear end for example. A talking Woody head like in Fun house, obvious things that have been universally expected and this would have been a home run.

#2526 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Seems like Wonka reveal 2.0 all over again with folks disappointed theme not implemented on the playfield.
Seems many wound up liking Wonka so you never know these things go longer term.
Software and mini screens drive a lot of it now.

No this is much different. There is plenty of theme implementation...the theme just sucks.

#2527 1 year ago

Lots of new posts....just woke up....what did I miss fellas?

#2528 1 year ago

Jjp- we got the karate kid license!

Me- sweet! I get to fight up to Johnny in the game, chase Elizabeth Shue, train with miyagi, and fight cobra Kai skeletons!!!

Jjp- uh, no! You get to skip the tournament, and go straight to Mike Barnes. There’s no love interest, no cobra Kai, and some bonsai tree trimming. It’s karate kid 3

Me- ……….

#2529 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Lots of new posts....just woke up....what did I miss fellas?

People are ready to spend their money on Back to the Future trilogy pinball.

#2530 1 year ago

I know this is going to shock you. But a lot of people don't listen to Kaneda and really don't care what that fraud has to say.

#2531 1 year ago

Well, that’s incredibly disappointing. I’m sure it’ll be fun to shoot and play but I’m not spending $15k on TS4.

#2532 1 year ago

well little disappointed it looks just like Wonka (colors and stuff), i dont like forky, and no lotto the bear guy, but Im still going for a cE
I thought the same thing when I first saw WOnka.. what the hell is that!? Then I decided to go for it, one of my favorites
Im sure I wont be disappointed with this either.

#2533 1 year ago

As predictable as the tides, once revealed Pinside shifts from excitement and anticipation to complaints and disappointment.

Remember all the bitching when Wonka came out, that there weren’t enough mechs and toys? And how it turned out to be one of their best games from a player’s standpoint?

For me (and Susan) the shots/code are king. Over 12K plays on our Wonka CE and we still love it.

I predict this one will be similar for us. I can’t wait to understand the code and rules!

#2534 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

well little disappointed it looks just like Wonka (colors and stuff), i dont like forky, and no lotto the bear guy, but Im still going for a cE
I thought the same thing when I first saw WOnka.. what the hell is that!? Then I decided to go for it, one of my favorites
Im sure I wont be disappointed with this either.

You are a dream customer, my friend.

#2535 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It will be the trilogy, just minus parts 1-2

#2536 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You are a dream customer, my friend.

haha , but I hardly sleep! Maybe 4 hours max!

#2537 1 year ago

[quoted image]

[quoted image]

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Maybe Stern only has the cartoon license.

E1DE910D-D5EF-47C1-A348-DA8154B76A03 (resized).jpegE1DE910D-D5EF-47C1-A348-DA8154B76A03 (resized).jpeg
#2538 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I think CGC just earned a heap of new customers for CCr

Yep glad I’m waiting patiently for my CCRLE

#2539 1 year ago

In terms of mechanical features Wonka comes across as having far more that also makes it feel like a world under glass. The large Wonkavator physical ball lock mech, the large spinning Gobstopper, the rotating Gobstopper toy, 6 magnets under the playfield, subway, the Wonkavision mini LCD (goes with something from the movie), and a physical kickback.

#2540 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Can you buy the CE online? Will they ship it outside the US if purchased directly? Thanks for the help!

Can always ship to Shippsy and they will bring to Mississauga.

#2541 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

In terms of mechanical features Wonka has far more that also make it feel like a world under glass. The large Wonkavator physical ball lock mech, the large spinning Gobstopper, the rotating Gobstopper toy, 6 magnets under the playfield, subway, the Wonkavision mini LCD (goes perfectly with the theme), and a physical kickback.

Yeah, Wonka had a lot going on still, this is completely barren; and it's Toy Story 4...Like WTF?

That's like getting the Caddyshack license and making a pin based off of Caddyshack 2

#2542 1 year ago

Any chance that I would ever get a Toy Story was shot in the foot by Toy Story 4. What an awful decision on the part of JJP. Funny how some of the typical JJP fan boys are still praising this decision and machine, like really this is a major WTF for almost everyone.

#2543 1 year ago

The 2 plush toys take up a lot of space, not sure if they had that big of roles in TS4?

#2544 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

As predictable as the tides, once revealed Pinside shifts from excitement and anticipation to complaints and disappointment.
Remember all the bitching when Wonka came out, that there weren’t enough mechs and toys? And how it turned out to be one of their best games from a player’s standpoint?
For me (and Susan) the shots/code are king. Over 12K plays on our Wonka CE and we still love it.
I predict this one will be similar for us. I can’t wait to understand the code and rules!

The issue for me is price. I'm fairly certain Wonka was much cheaper when it was revealed. This is just one game I will have to play first. Then I'll make my decision.

#2545 1 year ago

Has it been confirmed as to what version will have the chipping and pooling on the PF yet?

#2546 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Jjp- we got the karate kid license!
Me- sweet! I get to fight up to Johnny in the game, chase Elizabeth Shue, train with miyagi, and fight cobra Kai skeletons!!!
Jjp- uh, no! You get to skip the tournament, and go straight to Mike Barnes. There’s no love interest, no cobra Kai, and some bonsai tree trimming. It’s karate kid 3
Me- ……….

Bwahahaha! Yep, best analogy I’ve seen.

Honestly though, is anyone all that surprised here? JJP, with the exception of GnR, has really struggled in the theme selection department since their inception. None of their themes, with the exception of GnR, have blown the collector community away. I don’t blame them for Hobbit…they took a bet it would be of similar quality to LOTR and were just wrong. But POTC without Jack Sparrow? Dialed In?

#2547 1 year ago

I just see this game is officially announced.
I decided to not buy the next JJP a while ago (mostly due to their collaboration with 'no issues here' Mirco Playfields).

It looks nice, but it is not my cup of tea. I'm not surprised however the CE's at 15K sell (or already is sold out) instantly, this is not so much in the modern pinball market. In the EU you can't pre order them anymore that's for sure.

#2548 1 year ago

Anyone else expecting a totally different art package?

White Armor, some blues, maybe white for CE and Blue for LE….

Less would have been more

02C5EA57-527A-410D-A65E-DC3D8DC11D51 (resized).jpeg02C5EA57-527A-410D-A65E-DC3D8DC11D51 (resized).jpeg
#2549 1 year ago

Reminds me of star wars pro....The main toy is a video screen. no mechs....KE said it best when he said pins should have kinetic satisfaction. TO early to tell but this game seems to possibly have little to none.

#2550 1 year ago

This is a bummer to me! I'm a Toy Story fan and was hoping this would bring back from childhood memories for me and the kids. I wanted to battle Zurg not Gabby Gabby!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/51?hl=parkshow30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.