(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 121.
#2451 1 year ago

Get ready Stern fanboys to eat your words once again when it comes to another JJP release. Code and gameplay will likely be great as with Pat's last two JJP pins. Don't judge a game based on pictures alone as any of these games are just a box of lights without code, music, sounds, etc.

#2452 1 year ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Pintastic is next week, hopefully its there and showgoers can play it, until then there’s really nothing to say about gameplay, none of us have played it yet. Except the one JJP Employee has played it and he likes it

It's supposed to be... and I'm sure it will play well and be fun just like pat's other jjp pins.... I don't believe that's the issue people are having

#2453 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Get ready Stern fanboys to eat your words once again when it comes to another JJP release. Code and gameplay will likely be great as with Pat's last two JJP pins. Don't judge a game based on pictures alone as any of these games are just a box of lights without code, music, sounds, etc.

Agree, I really like all those additional things you mentioned on Wonka.

#2454 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I have never been so disappointed to be so correct.

Yup, you nailed it...I read your comment yesterday and felt a sneaking suspicion that you were on the money.

#2455 1 year ago

Well, I went from an immediate CE purchase to not really that interested. I'm a huge Toy Story fan and I had been thinking that the only way that they could screw this one up is if they made it based on TS4. I'm just really disappointed after years of waiting.

#2456 1 year ago

I regret selling my ruby woz. Twice the toys, half the price. I hope we didn’t see all in the pics.

#2457 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It's supposed to be... and I'm sure it will play well and be fun just like pat's other jjp pins.... I don't believe that's the issue people are having

Im not a customer but im a player on this game, once i play it i will form my opinion. Glad im going to pintastic already but now i have more to look forward to.

#2458 1 year ago

Someone will really love this underwhelming reveal today…

7504E748-3D3F-4625-AE7A-F7C874821489 (resized).jpeg7504E748-3D3F-4625-AE7A-F7C874821489 (resized).jpeg
#2459 1 year ago

With the high prices being charged these days, what a game looks like and the interactive toys/mechs on the PF are quite important to many players. Even before seeing gameplay a great deal can be assessed about a machine by the photos. It’s interesting how some are thinking DI now appears to be Pat’s pinnacle game of his JJP career.

#2460 1 year ago
04FB558A-D916-4EAF-8F55-BCE66A518295 (resized).jpeg04FB558A-D916-4EAF-8F55-BCE66A518295 (resized).jpeg
#2461 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Toy story 4 CE gameplay.
Enjoy.

Looks amazing

#2462 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

It shoots great. A wonderful game to play so far for me.

Says that guy that works at jersey jack.

Dude, what the fuck was pat lawlor doing this entite time? It's a stripped down no good goofers with a worse theme. Like, Pat.... im so disappointed.

That video editor really tried to take a whole bunch of nothing and tried to make it look like something. I commend the fun action zooms (on nothing), trying ever so hard to get us excited for it this turd.

Also: you cant just add a crap ton of lights to things and make it make sense. Woz? Makes sense. Gnr? Makes sense. I dont remember the toys going to effing vegas. Stop givimg us these crazy lights in every game and expect us to not notice the rest of the game.

If they had a batman theme, or soemthing else noir and gritty, you better believe they'd have lights up the wazoo.... also, for no reason.

Sheesh I'm disappointed.

#2463 1 year ago

This is exactly what happened with Wonka .
Huge hype before seeing pictures and video .
And then realising it hasn't got the assets you want .
No Woody and Buzz toys on the Playfield , what the fuck .

IMG_20220614_212037 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_212037 (resized).jpg
#2464 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Looks amazing

Really?

#2465 1 year ago

This may have been stated. No art under posts? Will this finally fix the playfield issues?

#2466 1 year ago

TS4 is not Toy Story, period. I was beyond excited for this thing, and now am just disappointed. What a swing and a miss.

#2467 1 year ago

Compared to Pat's last JJP game, Wonka, there doesn't appear to be nearly as many mechanical features. Wonka has the the entire Wonkavtor ball lock mech, 6 magnets under the playfield (plus others), the spinning Gobstopper, Gobstopper rotating mech, Wonkavision LCD, and a kickback.

With Toy Story, which is more expensive, I'm seeing a kickback, the large LCD toy, spinning disk, pop up ramp, and pop up figure. That seems to be it in terms of physical mechs? I sure hope there's some magnets there under the playfield which is something Pat has done with his past two JJP titles. I was hoping we would have seen at least one mech that was on the larger scale.

Need to wait and see for proper gameplay video. The ruleset sounds very deep with is great to hear. 12 main modes at least being the carnival modes.

#2468 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

With the prices being charged these days, what a game looks like and the interactive toys/mechs on the PF are quite important to many players. Even before seeing gameplay a great deal can be assessed about a machine by the photos. It’s interesting how some are thinking DI now appears to be Pat’s pinnacle game of his JJP career.

Quoted from Doctor6:

Says that guy that works at jersey jack.
Dude, what the fuck was pat lawlor doing this entite time? It's a stripped down no good goofers with a worse theme. Like, Pat.... im so disappointed.
That video editor really tried to take a whole bunch of nothing and tried to make it look like something. I commend the fun action zooms (on nothing), trying ever so hard to get us excited for it this turd.
Also: you cant just add a crap ton of lights to things and make it make sense. Woz? Makes sense. Gnr? Makes sense. I dont remember the tiys going to effing vegas. Stop givimg us these crazy lights in every game and expect us to not notice the rest of the game.
Of they had a batman theme, or soemthing else noir and gritty,you better believe they'd have lights up the wazoo.... also, for no reason.
Sheesh I'm disappointed.

Yeah everyone just thinks I'm shilling I understand. I shouldn't even be here when everyone has their heart set on bitching and stuff. I'm enjoying this game more than I have a new game in a long time but that's me and I am certainly not the target audience that's for sure. It shoots great, the code is great and there are three separate voice actors that did custom speech for it coupled with movie quotes and all kinds of fun shots. No sarcasm here tho - I get it. Everyone wants to trash it today and that's your right if you want. Hopefully it will be like Pirates where once it gets out there and people have a chance to play it they will realize how good it is. I loved DI at the beginning and dung jumped on me and got me reprimanded on here. That's fine. I do tech support not game sales and I didn't design this one but it's just straight up fun. That's really all. It's fun.

#2469 1 year ago

I understand the disappointment of many of you. But consider that this game clearly was not created for you. I applaud jjp for a theme that may appeal to young kids, particularly girls, and their families. How many pinball machines exist that are geared toward old men (all of them)? How many for girls? The closest is perhaps WCS or the bugs bunny game. You could say the game is innovative in trying to expand pinball’s player base and appeal. When was the last time any company did that? Flame away all ye haters.

#2470 1 year ago

Ouch, I went to sleep so excited to see the reveal today, and the this is what we got. Zero desire to try for a CE at this point and unsure if even an LE purchase. Really hoping it shoots great, which I believe it will. Pretty bummed about this one

#2471 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Compared to Pat's last JJP game, Wonka, there doesn't appear to be nearly as many features. Wonka has the the entire Wonkavtor ball lock mech, 6 magnets under the playfield (plus others), the spinning Gobstopper, Gobstopper rotating mech, Wonkavision LCD, and a kickback.
With Toy Story, which is more expensive, I'm seeing a kickback, the large LCD toy, pop up ramp, and pop up figure. That seems to be it in terms of physical mechs? I sure hope there's some magnets there under the playfield.
Either way need to wait and see for proper gameplay video.

You missed the spinning disc and pop-up posts which i guess is similar to the bad guys in CC.

#2472 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Yeah everyone just thinks I'm shilling I understand. I shouldn't even be here when everyone has their heart set on bitching and stuff. I'm enjoying this game more than I have a new game in a long time but that's me and I am certainly not the target audience that's for sure. It shoots great, the code is great and there are three separate voice actors that did custom speech for it coupled with movie quotes and all kinds of fun shots. No sarcasm here tho - I get it. Everyone wants to trash it today and that's your right if you want. Hopefully it will be like Pirates where once it gets out there and people have a chance to play it they will realize how good it is. I loved DI at the beginning and dung jumped on me and got me reprimanded on here. That's fine. I do tech support not game sales and I didn't design this one but it's just straight up fun. That's really all. It's fun.

Cant it just be that people are disappointed in the implementation of the theme? I doubt many "have their hearts set" on "wanting to trash" it.

I was hoping for Lawlor and Pixar's greatest hits.

#2473 1 year ago

You still have to look at it. The cabinet art is bad. It just looks like a movie poster. The positioning of the Toy Story 4 on the side of the cabinet is horrible. The monstrous screen that takes up the entire left upper third of the playfield. Virtual pinball on a pinball machine?!? Come on. If this was Toy Story 1, then it sells out in seconds, slinky dog ramp, claw machine that picks up the ball, while the aliens say chosen one, and other original stuff that I'm not creative enough to think of. I'm 37, the original Toy Story is my childhood. Toy Story 4 is my kids Toy Story. I love my kids, but if I was going to spend $12k on a machine, it's got to be Toy Story 1. Sorry JJP, unfortunately for you my kids are a little short of $12k in their piggy banks.

I agree it could be a really fun game to shoot, but if Dialed In value proves anything, it proves that no matter how good a pin shoots it doesn't matter if the theme and integration suck. You can still get a Dialed In CE for $8500-$9000. I'm a Dialed In fan too!

Now that price point has moved to $12k(LE)-$15k (CE), there is no chance for this to be a smart buy.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

#2474 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I understand the disappointment of many of you. But consider that this game clearly was not created for you. I applaud jjp for a theme that may appeal to young kids, particularly girls, and their families. How many pinball machines exist that are geared toward old men (all of them)? How many for girls? The closest is perhaps WCS or the bugs bunny game. You could say the game is innovative in trying to expand pinball’s player base and appeal. When was the last time any company did that? Flame away all ye haters.

But how many people are going to pay $16,500 delivered for a CE for their kids or grandkids to play???

How many of Us have even watched TS4???

#2475 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Compared to Pat's last JJP game, Wonka, there doesn't appear to be nearly as many features. Wonka has the the entire Wonkavtor ball lock mech, 6 magnets under the playfield (plus others), the spinning Gobstopper, Gobstopper rotating mech, Wonkavision LCD, and a kickback.
With Toy Story, which is more expensive, I'm seeing a kickback, the large LCD toy, pop up ramp, and pop up figure. That seems to be it in terms of physical mechs? I sure hope there's some magnets there under the playfield.
Either way need to wait and see for proper gameplay video.

I'm unsure why you keep harping on the fact it has a kick back. Like, talk about a feature that normally wouldn't be praised. It's a just a coil. No more exciting than an auto launcher.

I get an impression they had a substantially limited bom on this game, more so than any other. I was really hoping if Pat were to recycle any if his old stuff, it would have been Rudy but with Woody.

To me, this is the led zeplin pro of the jersey jack games.

#2476 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

So you want My Little Pony the Pin next?

#2477 1 year ago

The long, much anticipated wait for my dream franchise finally hits, and it’s not my dream theme. It’s like hearing they got rocky and it’s only rocky 4. It’s like hearing they got back to the future and it’s only part 3. My nostalgia lies only with part 1-2. Potato head, Rex, army men, Sid, zurg, the claaaaaw! I’m so happy I didn’t put down on a CE for this after all. I will say the game still looks great, and I’m excited to see it, but a big part of it will always leave me feeling empty and unfulfilled because of the movie choice. I can see how it’s probably easier to make a pinball story from part 4 based around a carnival atmosphere, but still. I hope it’s amazing. I hope it has movie assets and great callouts. I hope it’s just really fun. I’m also happy that the LE is blue so I don’t have to add another red game to my already red lineup at home. That all said, I have no doubt that it will be an amazing game that I will absolutely love and it could still potentially become a favorite of mine, even over my gnr.

#2478 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I see your perspective and it may do well in theme parks and such but the pinball community is not that demographic. In my opinion most home buyers that have this kind of disposable income are not kids or little girls.

#2479 1 year ago

I hope it comes out that Disney forced JJPs hand and made them make TS4. If not, and they chose it over the original, just a baffling swing and a miss theme wise.

#2480 1 year ago

Might it be that many people are thinking there is no show stopper mechs or exciting layout game play. Does a real good sound track, with some code and lights make for a good $13k to $15k purchase? Many think theme is everything. TS4 was the least popular of the 4, that is well known. In fact it should have ended at TS3 for a nice trilogy round up, but Disney went for an assured cash grab by putting out #4.

#2481 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

The long, much anticipated wait for my dream franchise finally hits, and it’s not my dream theme. It’s like hearing they got rocky and it’s only rocky 4. It’s like hearing they got back to the future and it’s only part 3. My nostalgia lies only with part 1-2. Potato head, Rex, army men, Sid, zurg, the claaaaaw! I’m so happy I didn’t put down on a CE for this after all. I will say the game still looks great, and I’m excited to see it, but a big part of it will always leave me feeling empty and unfulfilled because of the movie choice. I can see how it’s probably easier to make a pinball story from part 4 based around a carnival atmosphere, but still. I hope it’s amazing. I hope it has movie assets and great callouts. I hope it’s just really fun. I’m also happy that the LE is blue so I don’t have to add another red game to my already red lineup at home.

lol I made the Rocky analogy a few pages back, but went with Rocky V because I love rocky 4

#2482 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Have you seen Stern's feature matrix for the past 10 years? "Super spinner with dual rotating action", "Ultra fast orbit loop".

Seen Godzilla?

#2483 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

The long, much anticipated wait for my dream franchise finally hits, and it’s not my dream theme. It’s like hearing they got rocky and it’s only rocky 4. It’s like hearing they got back to the future and it’s only part 3. My nostalgia lies only with part 1-2. Potato head, Rex, army men, Sid, zurg, the claaaaaw! I’m so happy I didn’t put down on a CE for this after all. I will say the game still looks great, and I’m excited to see it, but a big part of it will always leave me feeling empty and unfulfilled because of the movie choice. I can see how it’s probably easier to make a pinball story from part 4 based around a carnival atmosphere, but still. I hope it’s amazing. I hope it has movie assets and great callouts. I hope it’s just really fun. I’m also happy that the LE is blue so I don’t have to add another red game to my already red lineup at home. I have no doubt either that it will be a fun hit at my house, and still potentially beat out gnr as my favorite game though.

#2484 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

But how many people are going to pay $16,500 delivered for a CE for their kids or grandkids to play???
How many of Us have even watched TS4???

Pinheads who have daughters and wives will buy this game. I don’t know about a Ce specifically. Not saying I love the direction, just saying that is who it is clearly marketed toward and that it is actually a sound business strategy and will probably work out well for jjp.

#2485 1 year ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

lol I made the Rocky analogy a few pages back, but went with Rocky V because I love rocky 4

Ok i will say it, if jjp makes a rocky 1 or 3 i would-buy JJP again LOL!

#2486 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

So you want My Little Pony the Pin next?

No I don’t. But young girls probably would. I never said I personally liked the game, man. Yes, all, bring out the hate. Strike me down. Your transformation to the dark side will be complete!

#2487 1 year ago

15k is a huge ask for this…I never thought of Toy Story as aimed more towards girls, but some how how Jersey managed to do that. The pinball market seems like it’s mostly middle aged men to me…will be interesting to see how this sells, especially with the economy crumbling. With CCR LE already on preorder this is going to be a much harder decision for me then I thought it would be. I am not seeing the CE as a no brained insta buy. I have a young son who loves woody and buzz light year, was excited for Toy Story…really just not sure about this at the moment. Toy story IP and you go with a pop up gabby? Why is the image of Buzz so small on the CE art package? That topper also doesn’t seem to be enough to justify a 3k price difference if that’s what it ends up beeing.

#2488 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm unsure why you keep harping on the fact it has a kick back. Like, talk about a feature that normally wouldn't be praised. It's a just a coil. No more exciting than an auto launcher.
I get an impression they had a substantially limited bom on this game, more so than any other. I was really hoping if Pat were to recycle any if his old stuff, it would have been Rudy but with Woody.
To me, this is the led zeplin pro of the jersey jack games.

If a kickback is just a coil then why does Stern refuse to put them into nearly all of their latest games and instead use a fake software auto save from the shooter lane? It's because its cheaper and is a cost cutting move. Seeing a physical kickback is a nice touch.

#2489 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My hope is if the topper is animated they learned something from jjPotC and they are using QUIET MOTORS this time. The PotC topper motor was ridiculous.
EDIT: WOW. This game looks packed. If the code is there (and it should be by now), lots to be happy with.
Hot Rails!
3 Flippers (at least)
Scoop
2 Spinners
Kickback
Newton Ball
PotC playfield spinning wheel
Multi-ball physical lock on left
Large playfield sub-screen with video pinball minigame
Pop up Duke Kaboom jump ramp
Medieval Madness troll head popup (gabby)

Is this sarcasm?

#2490 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Pinheads who have daughters and wives will buy this game. I don’t know about a Ce specifically. Not saying I love the direction, just saying that is who it is clearly marketed toward and that it is actually a sound business strategy and will probably work out well for jjp.

I think if you are going for a demographic of men with young daughters and a wife who will allow 12-15k on a pin vs her college fund, then that is a horrible business strategy imho.

#2491 1 year ago

I'm a Big jjp fan as much as anyone .
You don't need toys to have a great game , GNR proves that .
But this is Toy Story .
And I think people are disappointed by not having the main characters from the movies on the Playfield in the game .

#2492 1 year ago
Quoted from alex_m:

I hope it comes out that Disney forced JJPs hand and made them make TS4. If not, and they chose it over the original, just a baffling swing and a miss theme wise.

I'm sure Disney did, but what difference does it make? It's a massive swing and a miss

#2493 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If a kickback is just a coil then why does Stern refuse to put them into nearly all of their latest games and instead use a fake software auto save from the shooter lane? It's because its cheaper and is a cost cutting move. Seeing a physical kickback is a nice touch.

You're talking to a guy that wants us to stop using pop bumpers and put that money elsewhere. Kickbacks are neat, but not something worth calling it a "feature" all of the sudden, as if it were a toy.

#2494 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You were never going to buy it anyway and are just here trolling as you hate JJP. This type of behavior only happens in JJP release threads. Some people on here clearly can't stand JJP and have wanted them to fail for years which is sad. Meanwhile yourself and other Stern fanboys go nuts over Led Zeppelin which has nothing in it lol.

PF, as you're a player too, if you want to (friendly) provoke Thunderbirds, simply prove him that Munsters is NOT a top 10 game, with NO deep code in it...
and he will asap call you a jerk

(PS : to me, no fanboy, as no matter the manufacturer if the pin is good)

#2495 1 year ago

I'm going to just stick a spork on my Comet and sell it for 8k.

#2496 1 year ago

Do you remember DI reveal? Chicago expo and such excitement. Then… what? Wait? Dialed in?… based on a dude holding his cell phone to the sky?… I was so disappointed, and still am.

This feels very similar.

Hopefully gameplay in the long run will offset the initial disappointment.

disclosure: I own 3 JJP titles that I love. I already look forward to their next try.

#2497 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Shows how stupid the NIB market has got when 5 standup targets is now a “feature” in your $12,000 LE machine.
rd[quoted image]

Hard to tell, but is the foam backing missing from the "F" target too?

#2498 1 year ago

Can somebody please make an LE topper out of the claaaaaw that comes down and grabs forky out of my game?!?!?

#2499 1 year ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Do you remember DI reveal? Chicago expo and such excitement. Then… what? Wait? Dialed in?… based on a dude holding his cell phone to the sky?… I was so disappointed, and still am.
This feels very similar.
Hopefully gameplay in the long run will offset the initial disappointment.
disclosure: I own 3 JJP titles that I love. I already look forward to their next try.

Man, I loved dialed in right away. This, i cannot defend.

#2500 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You're talking to a guy that wants us to stop using pop bumpers and put that money elsewhere. Kickbacks are neat, but not something worth calling it a "feature" all of the sudden, as if it were a toy.

If Stern is listing a spinner of all things as a "Spinner with dual ultra action mechanical movement" then yes something that uses an actual coil to interact with the ball is sure as hell a feature lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/50?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.