(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 121.
#2401 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Mark my words. This game will have more glued down, off the shelf toys and dolls added by most owners than even The Simpsons.
That one Jurassic Park, packed with every tacky mod made, will look barren compared to the crap most fellas are gonna throw in the cabinet.

haha jep. I already was shopping on amazon

#2402 1 year ago

One more thing to add for me- I've always found Toy Story to be a kids type movie with massive adult appeal on so many levels. But somehow, JJP has managed to take that and make a game that is more focused on kids and more specifically, seems to be geared towards girls when the franchise really isn't.

#2403 1 year ago

"Yes, I Canada cancel my order for a CE."

Yes I Canada!Yes I Canada!

Consider my spot yours if you're dying to rescue Forky!

#2404 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

One more thing to add for me- I've always found Toy Story to be a kids type movie with massive adult appeal on so many levels. But somehow, JJP has managed to take that and make a game that is more focused on kids and more specifically, seems to be geared towards girls when the franchise really isn't.

definitely is a strange direction they took

#2405 1 year ago

I would have had the ce signed by Tim Allen and Tom hanks next to their characters.

#2406 1 year ago

Not sure how I feel .. I'm angry bc of what this cld of been but I'm happy I get to keep 13-16k in my pocket and wait to see all the other new stuff coming that is much cheaper(relatively speaking) lol

#2407 1 year ago

I think CGC just earned a heap of new customers for CCr

#2408 1 year ago

Really disappointing use of the IP.

I was picturing this love letter to some of the best animated movies ever.

Instead I wake up to love letter to Rocky 5.

#2409 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I think CGC just earned a heap of new customers for CCr

Hard to beat their price point currently especially the le and there is whole new code coming by year's end

#2410 1 year ago

Happy to not have that same stress I did when GNR was revealed on that October 5th. Maybe later down the line.
Right now I’ll save up for the rumored pulp fiction and my MMr 2023 order.

#2411 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just found it boring after a while. So many missed opportunities at theme integration with essentially useless PF decorations. The spiders, the drones, the one-note electric dracula. I kept waiting for him to start going crazy and behaving erratically, speeding up, slowing down, etc as the final battle got closer. Nope. Nothing. And then the repetitive climb through the disaster icons on the phone. Bleh. It's my second least-favorite JJP, Hobbit being the bottom.
But I will say that picture mode was a HUGE hit on location when we had it out. (And yes, that's a Batman'66 SLE in the lineup)
[quoted image]

It’s not perfect but the combos, mechs and flow make it one of my favs. It’s a 100% ground-up operation and is seriously innovative and loaded. Agree it could’ve been more cohesive and it’s lite on atmosphere but I look at it like an arcade style pinball game or a pinball tech demo that plays awesome.

#2412 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Watch the video. It gives a better impression, IMO.

Watched it, but it doesn’t show much and highlights how much is not there. Shows its pretty mechless. Maybe actual game play will reveal some hidden gems?

#2413 1 year ago

Pfffff, what a whining folks here! It's late there right? Go to sleep!

#2414 1 year ago

Surely this game deserves a chance to see a proper reveal, with gameplay video showing off the shotmap, audio & features of the game before opinions are formed about whether or not it's an instant buy or just a recycling of old ideas. It may play beautiful and be a lot of fun to play.

I get that there are huge expectations based on the almost endless possibilities that the TS franchise has to offer. Not to mention the hype that gets created leading upto a new game release and is never realised. Look at the initial reactions to DI, POTC and WONKA. These are all very good games that people want to own & play. Surely this one will be too?

#2415 1 year ago

Initially total disappointment. Looks like a kiddie girls game. Will wait for gamrplay vid thou ..Where is the claw machine !!!!!!!!!

#2416 1 year ago

Shows how stupid the NIB market has got when 5 standup targets is now a “feature” in your $12,000 LE machine.

rd

291091B3-4E6D-4AB8-86D5-032E9BABBAE4 (resized).jpeg291091B3-4E6D-4AB8-86D5-032E9BABBAE4 (resized).jpeg
#2417 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Watched it, but it doesn’t show much and highlights how much is not there. Shows its pretty mechless. Maybe actual game play will reveal some hidden gems?

Just really disappointed in the large screen on the playfield. Especially when it has a pinball mode on it. Mini games are fun and all but it takes away from the actual pinball experience.

#2418 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Initially total disappointment. Looks like a kiddie girls game. Will wait for gamrplay vid thou ..Where is the claw machine !!!!!!!!!

It shoots great. A wonderful game to play so far for me.

#2419 1 year ago
Quoted from badgerx23:

Just really disappointed in the large screen on the playfield. Especially when it has a pinball mode on it. Mini games are fun and all but it takes away from the actual pinball experience.

that’s where the mini/upper playfield should have been!

#2420 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

It shoots great. A wonderful game to play so far for me.

Politically correct thing to say

#2421 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Politically correct thing to say

I know I'm a tad biased on this but I've been playing it and it's great. Just hope everyone gets to play it a few times.

#2422 1 year ago

Meh!

#2423 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Already posted 3 pages back , also all pictures are online . But thanx

Ah ok. Just got it at work and thought i post it quickly.

#2424 1 year ago
Quoted from badgerx23:

I know what you mean having a screen that shows a digital pinball game being played. Is there real kinetic satisfaction or does it make sense stopping play on a real pinball game to play a digital facsimile located far from you on a 10” phone screen? Hmmm, not sure how that works?

#2425 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Shows how stupid the NIB market has got when 5 standup targets is now a “feature” in your $12,000 LE machine.
rd[quoted image]

Bob targets

#2426 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I know what you mean having a screen that shows a digital pinball game being played. Is there real kinetic satisfaction or make sense stopping play on a real pinball game to play a digital facsimile located far from you on a 10” phone screen? Hmmm, not sure how that works?

And Joe deliberately programmed in flipper lag which I thought was great

#2427 1 year ago

I don't post a lot on these topics but I did want a TS4...Before I saw this.

It's obvious Disney forced JJP hand on theme towards TS4 and not original. Doesn't Disney have to approve everything?

This reminds Me of going to a concert and seeing a band that I know all their songs...Until they start playing all their new songs I don't like!

It's hard for Me to get past the little girl running up to machine in teaser and a girl pop up on PF.

I realize the launch of POTC was like this...Everyone wanted one and JJP removed one thing and sales went backwards.

But this time it's a lost connection between a dream theme of Toy Story and Toy Story 4.

Not sure I want My friends coming to My house and saying that's a cool game You got for Your Grandkids!

#2428 1 year ago

Did I wake up in the wrong dimension?? TS4?? WTF!!

This looks horrible, absolutely an abomination and the worst miss on a theme I was all in on since WWE....I am so disappointed, these will flood the market.

#2429 1 year ago

Honestly... the number of disappointed buyers with money burning a hole in their pockets waking up this morning has inspired me to list one of my games for sale.

#2430 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

JJP is dropping it's new pin between Memorial Day Weekend and Juneteenth. Logic below.
So... based off of previous releases for JJP the next JJP pin is due... 7 April 2022 and we are past due? Based off of everything we are hearing I give it an 80% chance we hear about it by the end of June. Were I JJP, I would have planned on announcing my game a week or two after Stern's announcement to try and steal thunder. Based off of previous game release schedules, the next Stern Pin was supposed to release on or about 14 May, but Stern announced that pin launched was being delayed until August. JJP would have had to plan for a release date months ago, so I am guessing they were shooting for on or about memorial day weekend.
The 7 April number was based upon the following dates: (Note, I don't have the day of the month for some of these so am going with the 1st of the month for earlier releases.
WOZ- 1 April 2013
Hobbit- 1 March 2016, 1065 days after WOZ
Dialed In- 1 June 2017, 457 days after Hobbit
Pirates- 1 August 2018, 426 days after Dialed In
Willy Wonka- 13 April 2019, 255 days after Pirates
G&R- 5 October 2020, 541 days after Wonka
((1065+457+426+255+541)/5)=549 days.
549 days after 5 October 2020 is 7 April 2022.
Also note that JJP has released pins 2-4 weeks after Stern every time, so as to not compete/steal thunder.
Based off of current chatter on podcasts from Jersey Jack himself, I give it a 90% chance we see a new JJP announced by 17 June, with an 80% chance we see that new pin between memorial day weekend and Juneteenth.

Maybe, but I'll bet you a $20 donation to project pinball (putting pinball machines in children's hospitals. I'm right if you're willing. JJP will announce with an official teaser trailer at minimum between Memorial day and Juneteenth.

Called it!

#2431 1 year ago

1 inch Buzz? He the size of a gum ball.
The I pad scared him..

00326CDD-C0EA-4ECE-A6E2-0D05CBBBAD85 (resized).jpeg00326CDD-C0EA-4ECE-A6E2-0D05CBBBAD85 (resized).jpeg
#2432 1 year ago

Seems like a fun game. You may not be ready for it, but your kids are gonna love it!

I have to say though, carnivals have been done to death in pinball.

#2433 1 year ago

DI prices will finally sky rocket! Solidified as Lawlors masterpiece!

#2434 1 year ago

Toy story..... f......four.

Fuck

#2435 1 year ago

Was excited for TS, but never have seen TS4... Happy to wait for my CCRLE

#2436 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You were never going to buy it anyway and are just here trolling as you hate JJP. This type of behavior only happens in JJP release threads. Some people on here clearly can't stand JJP and have wanted them to fail for years which is sad. Meanwhile yourself and other Stern fanboys go nuts over Led Zeppelin which has nothing in it lol.

#2437 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Toy story..... f......four.
Fuck

What he said. Never say never until you play a machine BUT this looks all kids of wrong for me and I have a feeling at a time that the world is heading towards a recession that this machine may be the first new machine in a few years to fail. A Toy Story one based machine with a claw machine (in place of the ipad on the playfield) was an instant buy for me before even playing it.. but this...ummm... yeah.... pass.

#2438 1 year ago

I never join in bitch and moan fests but I can not pay 15k for this one, and i am quite bitchy and moany about it.

#2439 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

I don't post a lot on these topics but I did want a TS4...Before I saw this.
It's obvious Disney forced JJP hand on theme towards TS4 and not original. Doesn't Disney have to approve everything?
This reminds Me of going to a concert and seeing a band that I know all their songs...Until they start playing all their new songs I don't like!
It's hard for Me to get past the little girl running up to machine in teaser and a girl pop up on PF.
I realize the launch of POTC was like this...Everyone wanted one and JJP removed one thing and sales went backwards.
But this time it's a lost connection between a dream theme of Toy Story and Toy Story 4.
Not sure I want My friends coming to My house and saying that's a cool game You got for Your Grandkids!

Would Disney sell the license a great deal cheaper without all the iconic toys the first 3 had for a great deal cheaper? Think about the characters represented on the pf. There is no Ham, T Rex, Mr. Potatohead, Slinky, RC, Green Army men, etc. on the PF, surely they’d cost a great deal more to have as toys on the PF. So the cheaper lesser known, (without license issues) new TS4 characters like, Forky, Little BoPeep, Blue bunny, little yellow chick, Rainbow brite style star lights, generic pop up doll head, all cheaper assets for JJP to use. Smart for JJP, but wonder how the buyers will perceive this as something they want to have the boys over to play?

#2440 1 year ago

It looks like an interesting pinball machine with JJP’s trademark LED extravaganza. Fun and *colorful*.

I’m looking forward to playing it.

#2441 1 year ago

Would have been interested if TS 1-3. But not 4 Compare this next to Godzilla and its not even a fair fight. I wonder if Zach Meny will like playing virtual pinball on that Ipad. I noticed that that is an actual minigame.

#2442 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd[quoted image]

Have you seen Stern's feature matrix for the past 10 years? "Super spinner with dual rotating action", "Ultra fast orbit loop".

#2443 1 year ago

FTR no fanboy BS, I love JJP, this is a massive miss, these will be sitting NIB at all our fave distros for years to come

#2444 1 year ago

I would love to play the mini games on the 10" screen! How more different mini-games the better!

#2445 1 year ago

There is also the possibility there is something we REALLY won't like and they are holding off on showing it to us in hopes of maximizing orders.

I have never been so disappointed to be so correct.

#2446 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

FTR no fanboy BS, I love JJP, this is a massive miss, these will be sitting NIB at all our fave distros for years to come

I'd wager you but I don't gamble too much.

#2447 1 year ago

Hey JJP haters it has a real kickback! Do you remember those instead of the fake software controlled ones?

#2448 1 year ago

Can’t wait for all the only 15 plays $13k resale posts on this one when in drops. May surpass Rush.

#2449 1 year ago

Pintastic is next week, hopefully its there and showgoers can play it, until then there’s really nothing to say about gameplay, none of us have played it yet. Except the one JJP Employee has played it and he likes it

#2450 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I think if it was priced like previous releases and only made 500ce then it wld be ok but not at the price were expecting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 16.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 35.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.