(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 121.
#2351 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

So it's Toy Story with no ...... Toys

Was expecting it to be packed as hell.. something along the lines of WOZ and Wonka. Hmm lets hope there is more to it

#2352 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Gezzz the playfield is quite underwhelming from the pics that I have seen. Looks like a cross between a Zaccaria and NGG.

Watch the video. It gives a better impression, IMO.

#2353 1 year ago

Sad someone had to “get” the pics (Thank you!) in order for us to actually see the game BEFORE making a deposit on the it. Not saying it’s a bad game, just disappointed how JJP handled that end of the deal.

#2354 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Watch the video. It gives a better impression, IMO.

Yeah I did... hmmm seems like a lack of shots. Quite an open playfield which is not common for Lawler. Obvs cant judge till I play..

#2355 1 year ago

I also get why there is no SE, there wasn't much to remove from the LE like a mini playfield or a wonkavator.

I was selling my WOZ to buy TS but I don't know anymore, now I feel WOZ belongs to a glorious past that will never happen again.

#2356 1 year ago

will it feel weird bashing Gabby Gabby in the face?

#2357 1 year ago

Toy story 4 CE gameplay.
Enjoy.

#2358 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Toy story 4 CE gameplay.
Enjoy.

Already posted 3 pages back , also all pictures are online . But thanx

#2359 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

I also get why there is no SE, there wasn't much to remove from the LE like a mini playfield or a wonkavator.
I was selling my WOZ to buy TS but I don't know anymore, now I feel WOZ belongs to a glorious past that will never happen again.

Yea your right not sure whst u cld really remove... ..

#2360 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Already posted 3 pages back , also all pictures are online . But thanx

Lol

#2361 1 year ago

Wonder why they removed the external volume control?

#2362 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

If you were to put one of these in a location geared to kids...

#2363 1 year ago
Screenshot_20220614-052331_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220614-052331_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2364 1 year ago

Does the LE also have the mini games? Sure sounds like it but in the pics it only shows buzz and others while the CE shows the mini games?

701E942C-B307-46CA-BE43-978F8B5F3A52 (resized).png701E942C-B307-46CA-BE43-978F8B5F3A52 (resized).png872D6AC2-F98D-4090-87EA-A543C2CE8323 (resized).png872D6AC2-F98D-4090-87EA-A543C2CE8323 (resized).png
#2365 1 year ago
Screenshot_20220614-052449_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220614-052449_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2366 1 year ago

Yep no gameplay difference between models..

#2367 1 year ago

Pat really has a thing for collecting tickets.

#2369 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep no gameplay difference between models..

Only differences are the topper, art blades, red armor, signed placard and mirrored backglass but yeah sadly no gameplay differences by the looks of it.

#2370 1 year ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

BUT if there is 1000 CE's...I would think that there will be some available...but at 15K ...I could see some saying ..Pass for this one. But I don't know nothing. Been gone too long... lol

In 2010, I commissioned an AFM restoration with High End Pins...cost 13K (in today's $$, easily over 15k). Sure, this isn't a restoration, however it shows how much I/we value these games. I sold it for 10k in 2018 and "lost" 3k (in quotes since I enjoyed it for 8 years which is hard to place a value on). In that timeframe, HEP's were commonly sold for a loss.

From my perspective, 15k for a fun, richly appointed "collectors" game isn't out of step with other highly valued collectors games (like HEP restorations).

#2371 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Only differences are the topper, art blades, red armor, signed placard and mirrored backglass but yeah sadly no gameplay differences by the looks of it.

Custom callouts from Bo Peep only in the CE. Wonka had something similar I believe.

#2372 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Custom callouts from Bo Peep only in the CE. Wonka had something similar I believe.

Thanks! Did u get this from the website?

#2373 1 year ago

Have a feeling were going have lots of disappointed folks as they wake up and see this .

#2374 1 year ago

Where does it say CE has custom call outs?

#2375 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have a feeling were going have lots of disappointed folks as they wake up and see this .

Yeah. Only the duke kaboom topper was impressive

#2376 1 year ago
Quoted from badgerx23:

Yeah. Only the duke kaboom topper was impressive

You think?

#2377 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks! Did u get this from the website?

Yeah it's on the site on the CE additional features/bling.

"Additional Custom Speech by Annie Potts (Bo Peep)"

#2378 1 year ago

"Hit each of the Forky Targets to start Rescue Forky!"

Forky TargetsForky Targets

But does anyone really want to rescue Forky?

#2379 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Yeah it's on the site on the CE additional features/bling.
"Additional Custom Speech by Annie Potts (Bo Peep)"

Couldn’t find it….But Thanks anyway

#2380 1 year ago

I think the topper fiber optics are neat but topper is far from impressive... I see no reason to go ce unless u really really want this game and love ts4 movie they are supposedly making 750+ and it's 3k+ more.... I'm not even sure I'm in on a le at 12500 down the road.. think I'll wait for next stern premium release to decide.... so many pins coming out no point to hurry

#2381 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Couldn’t find it….But Thanks anyway

COLLECTOR’S EDITION
Carnival Red Powder Chrome Armor
Individually Numbered CE Plaque – Limited to only 1,000 Units
Pixar Luxo Ball Shooter Knob
Exclusive Playfield Artwork with Sparkle Accents
RadCal Cabinet Art Package by John Youssi
Mirrored Backglass & Art Blades
Fiber Optic Fireworks Topper with Flying Duke Caboom Mech
450+ Individually Controlled RGB LEDs with Under Cabinet Lighting
Signature Card Signed by Pat Lawlor & Jack Guarnieri
Laser Etched Rule Card
Additional Custom Speech by Annie Potts (Bo Peep)

#2382 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

"Hit each of the Forky Targets to start Rescue Forky!"
[quoted image]
But does anyone really want to rescue Forky?

If it was rescuing slinky dog or sending army men in, I'd love it!

#2383 1 year ago

"Pinball Industry Leading Lighting Package"

Hmmmm. Funny how the number of rainbow-lights cramped in has become a measure of being a leader. Not my cup of tea.

Oh well. Congratulations to JJP and team on a new game release.

#2384 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

They didn't, did they? In the pictures, it's in the usual place down below your knees on the left of both the LE and the CE.

#2385 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Count me as one of the disappointed. The game looks like a Pat Lawlor retread and the license based on Toy Story 4 is a bummer (but not surprising). I was hoping for a game based on the classic/original Toy Story. Oh well...guess I just saved myself some money and anxiety

#2386 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They didn't, did they? In the pictures, it's in the usual place down below your knees on the left of both the LE and the CE.

Ah yeah you're right. I should have enlarged the image. I was only looking at the LE version and it sort of blends in with Bo Peep's leg. Glad to see it there.

#2387 1 year ago

"Watch colorful light shows as you fly through the air! Shoot for the moon and land the ball on the Star Adventurer Stunt Deck."

Star Adventurer Stunt DeckStar Adventurer Stunt Deck

Speaking of ordering extra parts... I'd probably want to have half a dozen "Stunt Decks" in reserve.

#2388 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Ah yeah you're right. I should have enlarged the image. I was only looking at the LE version and it sort of blends in with Bo Peep's leg. Glad to see it there.

I'd be happier to see it back in the coin door again. I hate the location of it.

#2389 1 year ago

Wow 1000 ce ... not so sure they will immediately sell out at this point
These companies are milking the current market for sure

#2390 1 year ago

One positive thing is that they both appear to include the hot rails lighting systems installed.

#2391 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Count me as one of the disappointed. The game looks like a Pat Lawlor retread and the license based on Toy Story 4 is a bummer (but not surprising). I was hoping for a game based on the classic/original Toy Story. Oh well...guess I just saved myself some money and anxiety

Me to now I can sleep late lol

#2392 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

"Watch colorful light shows as you fly through the air! Shoot for the moon and land the ball on the Star Adventurer Stunt Deck."
[quoted image]
Speaking of ordering extra parts... I'd probably want to have half a dozen "Stunt Decks" in reserve.

If it's like the di one it will be fine... which it looks similar

#2393 1 year ago

I might get flamed for saying this, but it seems like Pinball manufacturers are going backwards with utilizing technology and creativity and just phoning designs in and utilizing old designs and mechs. Jump ramp and pop-up bash toy? YAWN. Been there, done that... 20-30 years ago. I'm more excited about the bridges on GZ Prem- and while it's simple, it's cool and fun. So Nothing really has to be crazy when making a new game like this... a little effort for something different goes a long way IMO. I was thinking maybe there was some surprises that we're not seeing... until I saw the features list. Nope.

Now I'm all up for a classic style game like this, but given the absurd amount of time it took to get this launched and the fact they've been seemingly working on this one game for almost 2 years.. I was expecting so much more.

When I look at this, I think my 10 year old niece would love it. Not quit sure if this hits a large group for appeal, at least initial appeal. When I was thinking Toy Story theme, I had all the classic movies in mind like most here. The 4th movie is just that like most series... it will never compare to the first 2.

I don't know why, but the last time I was at Hollywood Studios in Orlando I was thinking a Slinky Dog ramp would have been awesome... just like the roller coaster.

Can't wait for someone else to buy this so I can play it.

#2394 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I might get flamed for saying this, but it seems like Pinball manufacturers are going backwards with utilizing technology and creativity and just phoning designs in and utilizing old designs and mechs. Jump ramp and pop-up bash toy? YAWN. Been there, done that... 20-30 years ago. I'm more excited about the bridges on GZ Prem- and while it's simple, it's cool and fun. So Nothing really has to be crazy when making a new game like this... a little effort for something different goes a long way IMO. I was thinking maybe there was some surprises that we're not seeing... until I saw the features list. Nope.
Now I'm all up for a classic style game like this, but given the absurd amount of time it took to get this launched and the fact they've been seemingly working on this one game for almost 2 years.. I was expecting so much more.
When I look at this, I think my 10 year old niece would love it. Not quit sure if this hits a large group for appeal, at least initial appeal. When I was thinking Toy Story theme, I had all the classic movies in mind like most here. The 4th movie is just that like most series... it will never compare to the first 2.
I don't know why, but the last time I was at Universal in Orlando I was thinking a Slinky Dog ramp would have been awesome... just like the roller coaster.

Your totally correct.. super underwhelming

#2395 1 year ago

Wow huge injustice to what TS could have been.

#2396 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

the last time I was at Universal in Orlando I was thinking a Slinky Dog ramp would have been awesome... just like the roller coaster.

You mean Disney's Hollywood Studios. Universal is home to Harry Potter, not Buzz, Woody, and Forky.

#2397 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I heard the playfields are guaranteed.

Yeah; to pool

#2398 1 year ago
562D4FA5-185E-484C-BE26-BD85924020FD (resized).jpeg562D4FA5-185E-484C-BE26-BD85924020FD (resized).jpegE6D6C6DD-95ED-46AC-AB9D-9E716468D0D2 (resized).jpegE6D6C6DD-95ED-46AC-AB9D-9E716468D0D2 (resized).jpeg
#2399 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I don't know why, but the last time I was at Universal in Orlando I was thinking a Slinky Dog ramp would have been awesome... just like the roller coaster.

Couldn't agree more! Elwin is new, fresh, wildly talented and focused on the player. This game looks dialed-in with little to be excited about (can't believe it's been in development for so long and this is what we get!). Speaking of Dialed In, it was Pat's best effort at JJP...much cooler than this game!

#2400 1 year ago

Mark my words. This game will have more glued down, off the shelf toys and dolls added by most owners than even The Simpsons.

That one Jurassic Park, packed with every tacky mod made, will look barren compared to the crap most fellas are gonna throw in the cabinet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 16.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/48?hl=thegunnett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.