(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 121.
#2301 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Hopefully i’m missing something here.

Pop-up jump ramp into back right corner super jackpot hole, a la NGG.

#2302 1 year ago

Anyone else notice the art seems to be pulled back from the posts? Also some posts seem to be sunk into the playfield? Hopefully that helps with playfield issues. Looks like a cool pin.

#2303 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Anyone else notice the art seems to be pulled back from the posts? Also some posts seem to be sunk into the playfield? Hopefully that helps with playfield issues. Looks like a cool pin.

Also c washers under starposts

#2304 1 year ago

No more standard editions? I definitely won't ever be able to afford one then...

#2305 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Also c washers under starposts

Lots of washers fix any flaws.

#2306 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Yeah I'm fine with a LE. Topper does look great with those fibre optics, but if it's like 3k more I'll be fine without it.

Yep I'd b totally fine with a le but being ts4 and the price after shipping gonna b over 13k most likely . I'm gonna wait for the used market as they will b making ton of them for years like g@r plus wanna c if there are quality issues first. I got a g@r le shipped for 9700 . I know the market is crazy and things have changed but I'm ok to wait ss these prices are just getting dumb . Wait till the ce price is revealed 16k+ after shipping ...sld be a interesting day ahead.

#2307 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

No more standard editions? I definitely won't ever be able to afford one then...

Doesn’t look like it

#2308 1 year ago

Missed until second look: Forky figure on the right side! Can’t wait to hear Forky’s callouts, along with Little BoPeep. Get it families with little children may like this, but little children don’t play pinball nor have $15k to spend, so not sure who the market is for this machine???

#2310 1 year ago

No slinky ramp or claw machine?! What a missed opportunity..

#2311 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

not sure who the market is for this machine???

Same people who bought WOZ & Wonka, don't overthink it.

#2313 1 year ago

The stunt ramp does look fun.

Sure it's a NGG thing, but it was the best part of that game so good to see it back.

#2314 1 year ago

Just saw the promo video of a Dad and his little girl playing the machine. Maybe this is the market JJP is going for, little girls? That would make more sense with all the theming designed for little girls. Little BoPeep, Jessie the cowgirl, Forky, bunny’s, lite bright style lit up mirror star in the back, pop up dolly head, all the things little girls love! If my 2 daughters were into pinball, could be fun for them, but they won’t touch any of my machines. Maybe its because I’ve never had a chance to buy a girlie themed pinball machine before? Just wondering…

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/ts4bgvid.mp4?fs=e&s=cl

Is the sound working for anyone? Not working when I watch it.

#2315 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Is the sound working for anyone? Not working when I watch it.

There is no sound, it’s a direct link to the video that plays at the top of the page.

#2316 1 year ago

That playfield is…. Open. Could have been a p3 game.

#2317 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Just saw the promo video of a Dad and his little girl playing the machine. Maybe this is the market JJP is going for, little girls?

Ok, dude, we get it. Pinball is only for tough guys.

#2318 1 year ago

Kind of disappointed here. Toy Story 4… written is biiig. This carnival never really excited me. Not much innovation. Not many ramps. I'm hoping to discover some great things in the gameplay and code. If not, it will be a disappointment.

#2319 1 year ago

Lots of ngg stuff reused. The ball lock mech that was taken out off ngg .. u got pop up and the jump ramp and spiinner disk also. I'm sure game will play well and be fun but so many missed opportunities and nothing new really . I expect much more for my 13 and 16k .....my godzilla premium has so many neat mechs/toys and amazing layout and was 9k. Guess will see if the 750 or so 16k+ ce sell out . In this market they may but they sldnt imo especially based on ts4. I'm kind of upset lol. But cld anything really live up to the hype ...u think after so long it wld be much more. I'm a huge jjp fan too . I hope the playfield issues are fixed also.

#2320 1 year ago

This may be the biggest left down in pinball history ever. Just was on the website and looked through the features and photos and wow this is so underwhelming. I was worried the game was going to be completely unloaded from the creative mechanical toys side off things and it sure looks that way. Looks like it features as the main toy a LCD screen on the playfield which is so overdone. I guess video modes will be your main toy, WTF! Has 1 pop up head like NGG, a generic spinner disc and a jump ramp.
This is the one game if any that should have featured some creative mechanical magic under the glass and that seems to be a complete miss here. Also why isn’t this based off of the original movie????? Hopefully i’m missing something here. I am going to bed.

Guns and roses doesn't have very much either, that's 2 in a row that are a little thin on mechs. This theme is not for me. Looks like it will be a good game though.

#2322 1 year ago

Some Good news is it looks like most areas on the playfield that something is attached has the art pulled back some.

#2323 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The ball lock mech that was taken out off ngg .. u got pop up and the jump ramp and spiinner disk also.

At least a design lesson was learned. The ramp comes up out of the PF instead of slamming down on the playfield and chewing it up over time like NGG.

Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

That playfield is…. Open. Could have been a p3 game.

Not even. The wheel, side ball lock, jump ramp and pop-up gabby are in the "dead zone" on a P3.

#2324 1 year ago

It is hard to tell from the photos how many ramp shots? 1 real ramp plus the jump ramp??

#2325 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Guns and roses doesn't have very much either, that's 2 in a row that are a little thin on mechs. This theme is not for me. Looks like it will be a good game though.

Started with wonka but even that had tons magnets and neat stuff. Def seem to more about lights and bling now . That's to bad as I liked the old jjp but I don't see any more innovations just lots of recycling.

#2326 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:At least a design lesson was learned. The ramp comes up out of the PF instead of slamming down on the playfield and chewing it up over time like NGG.

Lol… this. Jump ramp is cool though. Gotta see more playfield stuff. I have a DI and a Houdini so I get hype on mechs. I need to see subways, trap doors, catapults, etc. lol

#2327 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Started with wonka but even that had tons magnets and neat stuff. Def seem to more about lights and bling now . That's to bad as I liked the old jjp but I don't see any more innovations just lots of recycling.

That's kind of to be expected with Lawlor who does "best of" mech and idea collections on his current designs. The next Eric one will have plenty of innovation.

#2328 1 year ago

WOW I'm scratching my head on this one. I am a Toy Story fan but this misses the mark! No Slinky Dog? Nothing from the classic movies? No big toys? Just seems like a lot of flash, and flash geared towards young girls. I don't get the seemingly narrow presentation here.

If we are truely looking at a $13K asking price here as rumored, I just don't see it... and if you know me, I'm pretty open minded to JJP titles and games overall.

#2329 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wonka was good. I know they had to cut back but that was a theme they could’ve gone really crazy on as well. They went nuts on WOZ and DI.

#2330 1 year ago

It is hard to tell from the photos how many ramp shots? 1 real ramp plus the jump ramp??

I believe 2 ramps with a diverter on the left one so it can go to left or right inlane

#2331 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's kind of to be expected with Lawlor who does "best of" mech and idea collections on his current designs. The next Eric one will have plenty of innovation.

I suppse was just hoping for something new... especially with current prices

#2332 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

WOW I'm scratching my head on this one. I am a Toy Story fan but this misses the mark! No Slinky Dog? Nothing from the classic movies?

It being Toy Story 4 has been talked about for months, at least. People refused to accept it when it came up, but this should not be a surprise by now.

#2333 1 year ago

Wow look at those washers…..

FDE3A105-6A69-4106-82B2-54F3436A7C01 (resized).jpegFDE3A105-6A69-4106-82B2-54F3436A7C01 (resized).jpeg

#2334 1 year ago

It looks to be more like a carnival theme than Toy Story in a lot of ways. The carnival in TS4 was kind of a background item with almost no significance to the movie, but understand couldn’t theme it after an antique store. Too bad its not themed around army men, Buzz lightyear spaced themed with Emporer Zerg and such. Maybe this machine was really built for locations with lots of little kids, like a Time Zone location? It does looked to be packed with lots of lights, doll figures, plastics, a screen as the central toy, a spinner, a pop up doll head, but not much else. With hardly any mechs, it will be easy to care for maintenance wise, so that’s a positive.

#2335 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Wonka was good. I know they had to cut back but that was a theme they could’ve gone really crazy on as well. They went nuts on WOZ and DI.

For sure I have wonka and di.. great great..games... I'm sure this will b also but I paid 4k less for those lol.. what can u do tho.

#2336 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Wow look at those washers…..
[quoted image]

Good news is they did pull the art back also

#2337 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I suppse was just hoping for something new... especially with current prices

Well, I remember saying a while ago I had zero interest in a Lawlor Toy Story with his usual "best of" recycled Lawlor ClassicTM ideas, but I'll say that I'm actually interested in playing this. Yeah, it's a ton of expected Lawlor recycling, but it looks fun. We'll see. I'll have it in for temp testing/mods for at least a month or two, so maybe I'll end up loving it.

#2338 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

WOW I'm scratching my head on this one. I am a Toy Story fan but this misses the mark! No Slinky Dog? Nothing from the classic movies? No big toys? Just seems like a lot of flash, and flash geared towards young girls. I don't get the seemingly narrow presentation here.
If we are truely looking at a $13K asking price here as rumored, I just don't see it... and if you know me, I'm pretty open minded to JJP titles and games overall.

Totally agree.. not sure I'm a fan of the giant 10in screen the way its laid across the playfield ... I get it tho bc u play games on it..

#2339 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

For sure I have wonka and di.. great great..games... I'm sure this will b also but I paid 4k less for those lol.. what can u do tho.

DI is for sure the best bang for buck

#2340 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Totally agree.. not sure I'm a fan of the giant 10in screen the way its laid across the playfield ... I get it tho bc u play games on it..

But you have a massive screen on your back box you can play games on. The 10 inch lcd screen is a huge waste of space.

#2341 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, I remember saying a while ago I had zero interest in a Lawlor Toy Story with his usual "best of" recycled Lawlor ClassicTM ideas, but I'll say that I'm actually interested in playing this. Yeah, it's a ton of expected Lawlor recycling, but it looks fun. We'll see. I'll have it in for temp testing/mods for at least a month or two, so maybe I'll end up loving it.

Yep I'm sure it will be fun and play well and I'm a huge jjp fan. I just thought with current pricing we wld b getting much more but looks like this is the new jjp but I'm ok waiting for a nice used one down the road as they will make a ton of them.

#2342 1 year ago

But you have a massive screen on your back box you can play games on. The 10 inch lcd screen is a huge waste of space.

But it has lights around it lol.. lots of bling now on jjp games ...... there were so many great things thst cld if been done ..

#2343 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Yep it's a ton of game for current prices ...

#2344 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

I just found it boring after a while. So many missed opportunities at theme integration with essentially useless PF decorations. The spiders, the drones, the one-note electric dracula. I kept waiting for him to start going crazy and behaving erratically, speeding up, slowing down, etc as the final battle got closer. Nope. Nothing. And then the repetitive climb through the disaster icons on the phone. Bleh. It's my second least-favorite JJP, Hobbit being the bottom.

But I will say that picture mode was a HUGE hit on location when we had it out. (And yes, that's a Batman'66 SLE in the lineup)

2017-08-26_Selfie Mode.gif2017-08-26_Selfie Mode.gif

#2345 1 year ago

This is like making the Matrix pinball based on the 4th movie, which was horrible. What a missed opportunity by JJP to knock TS out of the park

#2346 1 year ago

Toy Story 4 (released in 2019) already feels so old now. I really wish they had just stuck with the Toy Story theme in general and not focused on one film, especially the least popular of the series.

#2347 1 year ago

So it's Toy Story with no ...... Toys

#2348 1 year ago

Gezzz the playfield is quite underwhelming from the pics that I have seen. Looks like a cross between a Zaccaria and NGG.

#2349 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

So it's Toy Story with no ...... Toys

Saw this coming

#2350 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

This is like making the Matrix pinball based on the 4th movie, which was horrible. What a missed opportunity by JJP to knock TS out of the park

Perhaps the licence obtained was only for the carnival element of the film. Would have been a hell of a lot cheaper than the whole movie. But that may limit callouts at video to only that section of the movie.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/47?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.