(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 121.
#2201 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:Nope, JJP hasn't made anything I would want to own yet. Not that I hate them, I just don't enjoy them enough to buy

Cool cool, thanks for your input on their playfields then.

#2202 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Curious why you need washers to protect a playfield? Kinda seems a little counterintuitive for $11-15k.

#2203 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Its all good. Your money... not mine.

Quoted from smokinhos:

Curious why you need washers to protect a playfield? Kinda seems a little counterintuitive for $11-15k.

Put the crack pipe down “smokinhos” and go to bed. It’s the night before the big JJP release. You need your rest for tomorrow

#2204 1 year ago

Wondering if using an Iphone 13 vs Laptop would make a difference for tomorrow?

#2205 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I guess all the JJP playfield issues are forgotten...

And Butch and LTG

#2207 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Wondering if using an Iphone 13 vs Laptop would make a difference for tomorrow?

Cell network vs wifi sometimes makes a difference.

#2208 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2209 1 year ago

Well it would be Iphone on wifi

#2210 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Put the crack pipe down “smokinhos” and go to bed. It’s the night before the big JJP release. You need your rest for tomorrow

Really.. crack pipe? Nice insult. People aren't allowed to disagree with you much i bet.

#2213 1 year ago

I seriously doubt there’s any chance for us commoners to grab a CE off a distro at this point. From what I hear you have to be either well connected or be a CE buyer since JJP’s first title.

#2214 1 year ago

The sound of a thousand CE fantasies of TS1 or TS1-3 being dashed...

#2215 1 year ago

Would it help if I stay up all night?

#2216 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Well it’s official, we are in a bear market now. A 20% drop is the tipping point. As the smoke clears, we are still standing. Will this impact my decision whether to buy a TS LE? No. When you think about it, what’s lost is gone. Chances of market going up from this lower point are better than when market was 20% higher, right?
[quoted image]

Told y’all to cash up, but noooo

#2217 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:Really.. crack pipe? Nice insult. People aren't allowed to disagree with you much i bet.

Come on dude, you have been trolling all night on TS. Can’t handle a little “disagreement”? I figured you must have been “smokin” something.

Let’s see what it looks like tomorrow.

#2218 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just rode a electric tiny cab back and forth to the Jimmy Buffett concert tonight in Austin!
I drive gas guzzlers. Life is short. Do what

Really.. crack pipe? Nice insult. People aren't allowed to disagree with you much i bet.

Maybe he really likes Crack? Might be a compliment.

#2219 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

And Butch and LTG

I’m officially boycotting Toy Story until they bring LTG back

#2220 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Maybe he really likes Crack? Might be a compliment.

“Smokin” is his name.

#2221 1 year ago

Are they asking for deposit or the whole thing tomorrow?

#2222 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Would it help if I stay up all night?

There will probably be a shitload of these available right after the release Korn. Like Ultraman/Halloween.

And I have a Halloween

#2223 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Are they asking for deposit or the whole thing tomorrow?

Usually JJP wants $1000, non-refundable.

#2224 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“Smokin” is his name.

Alright.. you win. But to the disappointment of the masses.. smokinHOs has nothing to due with smoking anything. And despite busting balls about yet another interesting choice of theme, I do hope its more than art and lights and is a fun shooter. I am somewhat shocked on how excited peeps are about TS. But not much should surprise anyone on the pinball hobby anymore.

#2225 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There will probably be a shitload of these available right after the release Korn. Like Ultraman/Halloween.
And I have a Halloween

I’m with you on this one Ice. Wife wants CE so I kinda have to follow through

#2227 1 year ago

What order does Jersey Jack make games - CE or LE first. How long did it take them to get through all the CEs for GNR?

#2228 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Alright.. you win. But to the disappointment of the masses.. smokinHOs has nothing to due with smoking anything. And despite busting balls about yet another interesting choice of theme, I do hope its more than art and lights and is a fun shooter. I am somewhat shocked on how excited peeps are about TS. But not much should surprise anyone on the pinball hobby anymore.

That we can agree on! Like I said, I’m looking forward to a new Lawlor game, maybe his last.

#2229 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

What order does Jersey Jack make games - CE or LE first. How long did it take them to get through all the CEs for GNR?

LE first always. CE run follows after a few months or so usually.

#2230 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That we can agree on! Like I said, I’m looking forward to a new Lawlor game, maybe his last.

Coming full circle. I hope you know I'm just messing with you. You have a great group of games. I always appreciate these reveals. Hard not to respect the work that goes into them. Good luck snagging one. Should be interesting tomorrow.

#2231 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

LE first always. CE run follows after a few months or so usually.

But, they've been making them for almost two months now...

#2232 1 year ago

Ice, you really think TS will have the same fate as Halloween?

#2233 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’m officially boycotting Toy Story until they bring LTG back

Please don't.

What ever the game is. If it's a great game, and you like the looks of it. Get it. You'll be glad you did.

LTG : )

#2234 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please don't.
What ever the game is. If it's a great game, and you like the looks of it. Get it. You'll be glad you did.
LTG : )

Lloyd, you are the mother fuckin’ man!

#2235 1 year ago

Updating the jjp site frenetically, refusing to go to bed.

THIS IS BIGGER THEN THE LUNAR LANDING!

#2236 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Ice, you really think TS will have the same fate as Halloween?

Not a chance. Reason 1? Toy Story 4 was designed by a professional with tons of experience on what works. I'm not a huge fan of the "Lawlor's greatest hits" approach to PF design, but there's no denying he has an encyclopedic knowledge of what works and how to make great flow. And Reason 2? JJP has fantastic animation/sound resources. Their jjPotC work was insanely good, and they all have a premium level of presentation Spooky can only dream of.

Spooky is way too new and under-resourced to even try this comparison. They still have a lot of growing to do.

#2237 1 year ago

Great American Pinball. Took me a minute on what the red star was. I had to look it up.

SmartSelect_20220614-002636_Gmail (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220614-002636_Gmail (resized).jpg
#2238 1 year ago

I hate this. I can only afford about one game per year. I do like Toy Story,,,, But I am a huge BOND fan and am trying to stay disciplined enough to not go in on TS. Do you think there will be plenty on used market in a year?

#2239 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I hate this. I can only afford about one game per year. I do like Toy Story,,,, But I am a huge BOND fan and am trying to stay disciplined enough to not go in on TS. Do you think there will be plenty on used market in a year?

Of course there will be. We are in the FOMO age, I think it started with the toilet paper during COVID and it's still sticking to our butts.

#2240 1 year ago

I automatically know I'm going to see JJP haters before I even open a JJP thread. The same guys that forgive Stern quickly and love JJP when they have a rare game they can re-sell for a profit... of course.

I've owned FOUR (4) JJP's and have had ZERO issues. There's a ton of us on here.

This is Pinball, a hobby I love, and I'm willing to invest in my personal joy because that's how life works.. regardless of the low times of other peoples ownership. I have had plenty of problems with my Stern games... just dealt with it and moved on and made the best of it. I've never gotten a replacement playfield when I think I could have, etc. I'm over that and have a GZ on order and still own all my Sterns!

I'm in on Toy Story if it looks good. My kids will love it for sure. But it's not a sure thing... layout, presentation, and a good game still must be present for me to move on one. I have the cash saved and ready. If not, I guess I'll squirrel it away for the "upcoming recession".

Can't wait to see what's next!! These are the kinds of things I live for, a big release from the hobby I love so much.

Some of you guys need to take a chill pill and lighten up a little.

#2241 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Not to mention George Gomez design. I wasn't sure if he would ever do another game? Love his work.

#2242 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Buy the Toy Story, play it for a couple months, sell it for Bond (or Jaws, or Cobra Kai, or Venom, or Harry Potter or whatever the next Stern is in Aug). You may take a hit on it (or you may not), but think of it as a rental fee. You don't have to KEEP every pin you buy. Enjoy them, then pass them on for the next one.

#2243 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Wow! I'm not really a fan of 4.

He's messing with you. I tried to find the game earlier and you can type whatever you want in there. It's Toy Story. It started development a couple years before 4 came out.

That trick hasn't worked since Monster Bash remake. (Typing in the url and finding the hidden page that you can't just navigate to.)

#2244 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

He's messing with you. I tried to find the game earlier and you can type whatever you want in there. It's Toy Story. It started development a couple years before 4 came out.
That trick hasn't worked since Monster Bash remake. (Typing in the url and finding the hidden page that you can't just navigate to.)

I might be wrong, but "4" is in their URL and that is a fact.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
#2245 1 year ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

I might be wrong, but "4" is in their URL and that is a fact.[quoted image]

Only reasoning I can think of for this to only be TS4 is Disney licensing.

The cost it would take to get the entire franchise vs just that film. Because if it was based on what Toy Story fans would want, it would be the entire series.

Andy, Andy's room, Pizza planet, Emperor Zurg, the prospector, big Al's toy barn, Sid, Lotso huggin bear, Wheezy, etc etc not in it? And all the main toys like Slinky dog, Rex, Ham, and Mr Potato head have a diminished role in TS4.

We will see tomorrow I guess. We are definitely guaranteed a Forky.

#2246 1 year ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Wow! Good catch!

#2247 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Wow! I'm not really a fan of 4.

If it’s TS 4 with characters from previous Toy Stories with plenty of animations and sound I’m good with it!I think it will shoot great and Pretty sure they’ll have Tim Allen and Tom Hanks brother for pinball shout outs and exclusive dialogue

#2248 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If it’s TS 4 with characters from previous Toy Stories with plenty of animations and sound I’m good with it!I think it will shoot great and Pretty sure they’ll have Tim Allen and Tom Hanks brother for pinball shout outs and exclusive dialogue

Yes but by the time you scroll through the pictures the CE will be long gone!

#2249 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

My deadpool could have used a washer to protect its playfield, but it didn’t have one and chipped. Problems happen with sterns too.

#2250 1 year ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

They might have needed to host it on a static page to redirect all the others to it. Toy story 4 pinball game doesn't follow their page naming "convention".

On the other hand, the Fun fair in TS4 could be a good theme to build a world around under the glass so that plus a push from Disney to use TS4 assets would also make sense.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
10,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Coast, FL
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frederick, MD
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/45?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.