(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 121.
#2151 1 year ago

Is this blast list needed to buy from JJP?

#2152 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

As an EV driver, please take this Tim Allen “Tool Time” Mopar talk to the “I hate EVs thread”
So, CE got the Ruby Red sparkle. I’d of preferred blue with some neon green accents…

I hope you brought enough for everyone Spiccoli.

#2153 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Speak for yourself.. I pretty sure a couple of us are cool..

I sir, am cool…

#2154 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I hope you brought enough for everyone Spiccoli.

Mr. Hand confiscated it. What a dick!

#2155 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is this blast list needed to buy from JJP?

Through Pinballstar, Yes. It’ll have the PayPal link in the morning to order.

#2156 1 year ago

Don’t remember much about Toy Story, saw the 1st or 2nd one maybe with my kids and one of my daughters had a Jessie costume for Halloween one yr.

Def NOT a “dream theme” for me. Far from it. But I liked Road Show and think Lawlor is going to knock it out of the park.

#2157 1 year ago

LAST YEAR....
2017 Dodge Viper ACR Extreme
With alot more carbon fiber and the max u can go with the Prefix Extreme Package on the engine.

All Natural Aspiration to a 9.0 XL Extreme

Quoted from titanpenguin:

If you don’t already know, DSE has some nice upgrades for them. Definitely need to do the window bosses.

Getting the windows tinted...but PM on what ur talking about...thanks

#2158 1 year ago

I have been talking with a lot of distributors today trying to find a Toy Story CE as a lot are already sold before JJP even named the theme. JJP is trying to act like Ferrari now as one distributor told me a lot of people keep a permanent down payment with them for whenever JJP announces a new title. Personally, this kind of rubs me the wrong way as I bought JJP's WWCE directly from them and it was not a problem. I do not like this feeling of when a new pinball title gets announced everyone who already has a deposit on order with a distributor gets first dibs right away. I am going to still try and get a Toy Story CE tomorrow, but I just feel this new system of permanently having down payments with a distributor is a little excessive.

#2159 1 year ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

So does anyone know *where* the reveal is happening tomorrow at 12p EST? Dead Flip?

Deadfilp is Stern only - Buffalo Pinball did the GNR one

#2160 1 year ago
Quoted from T-Bone21:

I have been talking with a lot of distributors today trying to find a Toy Story CE as a lot are already sold before JJP even named the theme. JJP is trying to act like Ferrari now as one distributor told me a lot of people keep a permanent down payment with them for whenever JJP announces a new title. Personally, this kind of rubs me the wrong way as I bought JJP's WWCE directly from them and it was not a problem. I do not like this feeling of when a new pinball title gets announced everyone who already has a deposit on order with a distributor gets first dibs right away. I am going to still try and get a Toy Story CE tomorrow, but I just feel this new system of permanently having down payments with a distributor is a little excessive.

Are you sure JJP is demanding this or is it so much demand that people get on waiting lists and offer deposits to show they're serious? Waiting to look for a CE the day before the sale sounds like the issue to me, other people realize what the demand is and get on a list/put up a deposit early is just being prepared.

#2161 1 year ago

4 new pages and I get a picture of a knob......

#2162 1 year ago
Quoted from DKong:

At least you didn’t have to pay for it or go to an adult site

#2163 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Through Pinballstar, Yes. It’ll have the PayPal link in the morning to order.

What about from JJP? Do we need this blast list?

#2164 1 year ago
Quoted from DKong:

Here you go.

LTG : )

62050398_2347972918556910_4374057344934346752_n (resized).jpg62050398_2347972918556910_4374057344934346752_n (resized).jpg
#2165 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I also signed up for JJP blast list but nothing yet in any folder for that matter.

Nothing also

#2166 1 year ago

KornFreak28 no, you have to go to the JJP website at 12 EST and buy there if you can

#2167 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Here you go.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

#2168 1 year ago
Quoted from Thizben:

KornFreak28 no, you have to go to the JJP website at 12 EST and buy there if you can

Thanks! The feeding frenzy will probably shut JJP website down

#2169 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks! The feeding frenzy will probably shut JJP website down

It's a very niche frenzy, I doubt a website even poorly hosted can't take 10,000 concurrent connexions. A pinball reveal isn't the PS5 reveal or Black Friday

#2170 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

It's a very niche frenzy, I doubt a website even poorly hosted can't take 10,000 concurrent connexions. A pinball reveal isn't the PS5 reveal or Black Friday

Good point. Never bought from JJP direct before. Are they asking for the whole thing tomorrow or just a deposit? Also, someone mentioned that you could cancel the order later. Do you get your money back if you do?

#2171 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:Good point. Never bought from JJP direct before. Are they asking for the whole thing tomorrow or just a deposit? Also, someone mentioned that you could cancel the order later. Do you get your money back if you do?

It's a deposit with JJP. I'm sure it will say if it's refundable or not when you make that payment.

Most of their game sales are through distributors, so I wouldn't worry about site crash.

#2172 1 year ago

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/

Website is down showing teaser

#2173 1 year ago

Jersey Jack's e-commerce site was created in conjunction with Shopify, which runs significantly bigger sites than this, so it should be OK, but we'll see tomorrow at noon.

I can't wait...I might even have something special up my sleeve

#2174 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

It's a deposit with JJP. I'm sure it will say if it's refundable or not when you make that payment.
Most of their game sales are through distributors, so I wouldn't worry about site crash.

Spooky’s website couldn’t take it for Halloween so I wouldn’t be so sure. I’d guess Jersey generally has a better website, but issues tomorrow wouldn’t surprise me.

#2175 1 year ago
#2176 1 year ago

OMG.. please take my $12k for a Woody.. The whining has already started about not getting to buy your $15k CE. IT'S TOY STORY PEOPLE!

#2177 1 year ago

I was able to secure a ce a few days ago. Been on lists for years and also buy most new pins. Still don’t know price. Distributors I don’t think know the price yet or can’t say.

#2178 1 year ago

Oh... That is slick promo. This better be bad ass. Hyped up the wife spite informing her of potential CE "inflation" costs. Gosh I hope I am wrong as it will help all of us.

#2179 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Steve is a designer, not a psychic. At the time things were indeed grim for pinball. When something has been your job, you don’t have the fortune to have the same untarnished enthusiasm for your work as fans of the work do. There is a part of you that does, but also a part that has been through the wringer and is somewhat jaded. I wouldn’t be angry or take it as an insult myself that he said that one day years ago.

I’m way behind on these posts but yeh, if everyone on pinside had their life comments quoted at intervals into the future, I think maybe 20% would age well.

#2180 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:Spooky’s website couldn’t take it for Halloween so I wouldn’t be so sure. I’d guess Jersey generally has a better website, but issues tomorrow wouldn’t surprise me.

Most Spooky sales are direct. Most of JJP's are not.

I also would think JJP would have a more robust site.

#2181 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Let us not forget the widest of the wide bodies..... Space Invaders.

Atari Hercules would like to ask for a word outside…

#2182 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

OMG.. please take my $12k for a Woody.. The whining has already started about not getting to buy your $15k CE. IT'S TOY STORY PEOPLE!

You have an Ultraman, and used to own a Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles. What’s your point

#2183 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You have an Ultraman, and used to own a Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles.

Sure do.. and did. Can you seriously compare Toy Story to either? JJP fanboy? Dumped DI due to theme? Interesting. Arguably the best JJP with the fewest playfield issues.

#2184 1 year ago

I guess all the JJP playfield issues are forgotten...

#2185 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Sure do.. and did. Can you seriously compare Toy Story to either? And you're a JJP fanboy. Dumped DI due to theme? Interesting. Arguably the best JJP with the fewest playfield issues.

Seriously? There is no comparison. You are right about that one

I never owned DI due to theme.

I’m a good pin fanboy as you can see.

#2186 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Hype train.. TS - greatest pinball game EVER. Dont get me wrong.. new games are cool and boost the excitement in the pinball community, but its SO over the top..

#2187 1 year ago

This is what I got with your bottom link

58A1D35F-800F-4EC5-BC15-4653E28F47F5 (resized).jpeg58A1D35F-800F-4EC5-BC15-4653E28F47F5 (resized).jpeg
#2188 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Looks like it. Maybe it was overblown? My GNRCE and WonkaCE pfs have no issues.

Or maybe as they say, “Pinside is just a small part of the pinball community”.

And the whiners are even smaller?

#2189 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Must be a guess if you’ve never had one.

#2190 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I guess. I've owned 5 JJPs and never had any playfield issues. I must be lucky.

`

#2191 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Seriously? There is no comparison. You are right about that one
I never owned DI due to theme.
I’m a good pin fanboy as you can see.

GZ and STh.. I have em. I'll give you props on those, the rest are all you. I guess my DP isn't good enough for you either.. Maybe Lawlor should have saved the DI layout for your TS.

#2192 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Hype train.. TS - greatest pinball game EVER. Dont get me wrong.. new games are cool and boost the excitement in the pinball community, but its SO over the top..

Relax dude, it’ll be ok. It’s just another game. Fun times

#2193 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My GNRCE and WonkaCE pfs have no issues.

Look under the washers and report back.

#2194 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Must be a guess if you’ve never had one.

Nope, JJP hasn't made anything I would want to own yet. Not that I hate them, I just don't enjoy them enough to buy

#2195 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Look under the washers and report back.

Already did and reported back long ago.

Also changed out the washers for future protection. . No issues

#2196 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Atari Hercules would like to ask for a word outside…

Holey Moley would like to have a word with Hercules outside.
https://pyxis.nymag.com/v1/imgs/6a9/c0b/5384522276261ca05842b6994ee3eaadb8-holey-moley-06.rhorizontal.w700.jpg

parcade (resized).JPGparcade (resized).JPG
#2197 1 year ago

The playfield issue denial and short term memory... just in time for a new release. Pinball has been long considered gambling, makes sense now actually.

#2198 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Relax dude, it’ll be ok.

Its all good. Your money... not mine.

#2199 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

Cloudflare should help a bit with that. Looks like it's hosted in Austin TX. So getting a fast VPN with an Austin node will save you hops and maybe give you an edge on a CE purchase when the site goes catatonic at noon.

#2200 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Already did and reported back long ago.
Also changed out the washers for future protection. . No issues

Curious why you need washers to protect a playfield? Kinda seems a little counterintuitive for $11-15k.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 16.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 35.00
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/44?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.