(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 121.
#2001 1 year ago

Before JJP toy story release…

848EB706-6C4D-4C36-A48E-EC0222DC2E83 (resized).jpeg848EB706-6C4D-4C36-A48E-EC0222DC2E83 (resized).jpeg

After JJP toy story release…

B447D5F7-7099-4464-84A7-52DD07A32DD3 (resized).jpegB447D5F7-7099-4464-84A7-52DD07A32DD3 (resized).jpeg

#2002 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I must be a widebody slut because I like STTNG, POTC, TZ, IJ *AND* Hobbit.

... and so easy to go back further.. Black hole, Paragon, Big Game (along with that classic stern widebody lineup), Stellar wars, Countdown.... So many great classics.. just like standard size.. the game can be a good design or poor.

#2003 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It wasn’t Steve Ritchie who said pinball was dead it was Pat Lawlor.
I think he was asked about that and his response was Oops!

100% certain it was SR. I've been collecting since 1998 and I remember being pissed when he said it. He left Williams and went back to video games. Think he said it around that time.

#2004 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I’m actually surprised we don’t have the promo video with 24 hours before order banks.
When was the GnR video and when did they open up orders?
I understand not giving a week because you want the excitement to be fresh but the day before taking orders seems like it would accomplish that.

As the JJP Logo fades out, you hear the horns start up (boomp, boomp, boomp, ba-boomp), with pyrotechnics and flashing lights setting the backdrop, a hot chick with a belly shirt walks up and pulls the shooter rod and the ball launches around Mr. Potato Head, The hot rails are flashing every color of the rainbow and the playfield is flashing vividly with light. The sound bellows through the topper soundbar "You've got a friend in Mee!" as the horn bass kicks in and you are transported into the World of Toy Story.

#2005 1 year ago

Steve Ritchie interview

Screenshot_20220613-170914_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220613-170914_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2006 1 year ago

Steve is a designer, not a psychic. At the time things were indeed grim for pinball. When something has been your job, you don’t have the fortune to have the same untarnished enthusiasm for your work as fans of the work do. There is a part of you that does, but also a part that has been through the wringer and is somewhat jaded. I wouldn’t be angry or take it as an insult myself that he said that one day years ago.

#2007 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The Big Lebowski is way cool dude but the Toy will play better!

Quoted from romulusx:

Just from playing TBL,DI and Wonka.I love TBL artwork and mechs more but gameplay is better on PL pins

I love my JJP games, but my TBL rules! If Toy Story plays better, it'll be a WIN-WIN!

Dude - Your Opinion.gifDude - Your Opinion.gif

#2008 1 year ago
s-l500 (1) (resized).jpgs-l500 (1) (resized).jpg
#2009 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

a hot chick with a belly shirt walks up and pulls the shooter rod

I'm in!

Quoted from MikeS:

The sound bellows through the topper soundbar "You've got a friend in Mee!"

...and I'm out!

#2010 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I must be a widebody slut because I like STTNG, POTC, TZ, IJ *AND* Hobbit.

No, you're just loose. You have to also like WWF Royal Rumble, Popeye, and Judge Dredd to be a card-carrying widebody slut.

#2011 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Has anyone heard of the new prices? I am hearing the LE's are now 12k and the CE's are now 15k. I just can't spend this much on a pinball during these times.

Everyone should be considering the huge recession coming and not give into the FOMO on any pin. You can bet your bottom dollar, no matter the release, huge losses are coming in the pinball industry to all of us that purchased at extremely inflated prices. JJP selling any product at $12k and $15 is a fools game, no matter if its TS or not. People will be trying to dump them all at once at the next release and losing just like is/going to happen on GNR. That’s the problem with a small company only releasing 1 every 2 years. Resist FOMO, there will be plenty for sale after all the economic dust settles at much lower prices. With it looking like food is going to be hard to get, you won’t be able to eat TS, lol.

#2012 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, you're just loose. You have to also like WWF Royal Rumble, Popeye, and Judge Dredd to be a card-carrying widebody slut.

Let us not forget the widest of the wide bodies..... Space Invaders.

#2013 1 year ago

Most people in this hobby aren’t living paycheck to paycheck. If there are 3k TS buyers tomorrow I bet half of them lost $100k+ in the last two trading sessions.
Why not drop $15k on a toy if you can.
Prices may settle, but there’s not a huge crash coming to pinball.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Everyone should be considering the huge recession coming and not give into the FOMO on any pin. You can bet your bottom dollar, no matter the release, huge losses are coming in the pinball industry to all of us that purchased at extremely inflated prices. JJP selling any product at $12k and $15 is a fools game, no matter if its TS or not. People will be trying to dump them all at once at the next release and losing just like is/going to happen on GNR. That’s the problem with a small company only releasing 1 every 2 years. Resist FOMO, there will be plenty for sale after all the economic dust settles at much lower prices.

#2014 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Most people in this hobby aren’t living paycheck to paycheck. If there are 3k TS buyers tomorrow I bet half of them lost $100k+ in the last two trading sessions.

Think we’re all going to be quite surprised. There is plenty of history showing how pinball companies selling high priced pinball machines, going out of business, during recessions. This one is going to be colossal, as history bears out. $15k is a huge spend on something that is totally unnecessary and you can’t eat. The market will come back with all our losses in the future. There may only be one pinball company getting through all this nasty shark invested waters the market is entering.

#2015 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Let us not forget the widest of the wide bodies..... Space Invaders.

He said slut, not whore.

#2016 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Well it’s official, we are in a bear market now. A 20% drop is the tipping point. As the smoke clears, we are still standing. Will this impact my decision whether to buy a TS LE? No. When you think about it, what’s lost is gone. Chances of market going up from this lower point are better than when market was 20% higher, right?
[quoted image]

Still PLENTY of air to come out of the COVID bubble.

Image 6-13-22 at 5.50 PM (resized).jpgImage 6-13-22 at 5.50 PM (resized).jpg
#2017 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

[quoted image]

Lets not jinx the inevitable downward trend. Luckily, I'm not a day trader and have more than 20 years before I retire. Just part of the cycle.

I'm ready to lock in my CE!!!

#2018 1 year ago

Anybody know of a distributor with a CE spot, please let me know. A friend is in search of one.

LTG : )

#2019 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

[quoted image]

It’s not a covid bubble we are having the problems from. It’s all from a gigantic over printing/producing of the money supply.

#2020 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It’s not a covid bubble we are having the problems from. It’s all from a gigantic over printing/producing of the money supply.

It's both. The graph tells the story, not my opinion.

#2021 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

[quoted image]

You guys are in for a big surprise!

Vintage-Disney-Treasure-Craft-Dumbo-Circus-Ball (resized).jpgVintage-Disney-Treasure-Craft-Dumbo-Circus-Ball (resized).jpg
#2022 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Anybody know of a distributor with a CE spot, please let me know. A friend is in search of one.

I called/emailed most of the distros and got nowhere. Best bet is tomorrow at 12 from JJP.

#2023 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm confused. When I call one of the large JJP dealers, they say they don't open up "spots" until the game is revealed. What am I missing? Do some distributors fill all the slots before a game is even announced. The only "CE" I've ever purchased is R&M...not familiar with how it works in JJP land...I've only owned LE JJP's.

#2024 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm confused. When I call one of the large JJP dealers, they say they don't open up "spots" until the game is revealed. What am I missing? Do some distributors fill all the slots before a game is even announced. The only "CE" I've ever purchased is R&M...not familiar with how it works in JJP land...I've only owned LE JJP's.

They keep lists and I contacted many who said there lists are full. I do hope I'm wrong.

#2025 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Plus Lawlor is anti-widebody.
To that I say, "BOO!"

Maybe he should play Twilight Zone sometime.

/s Yes, of course I know.

#2026 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

They keep lists and I contacted many who said there lists are full. I do hope I'm wrong.

Well, if all the CE's are spoken for before the game is released, then the system is rigged. Bummer.

#2027 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

i remember asking you this question, you told me to call a JJP distro

#2028 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The sound bellows through the topper soundbar "You've got a friend in Mee!"

How about "Boys Are Back in Town" by Thin Lizzy instead? That was from the first movie.

#2029 1 year ago

I'm really glad we have all the economic expert pinsiders here to tell us what do. I feel safe now

#2030 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

I'm really glad we have all the economic expert pinsiders here to tell us what do. I feel safe now

The market could have completely crashed today and Aliens could come and take over the planet and it will change absolutely nothing in regard to the CE selling out instantly tomorrow.

#2031 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

You know what’s funny is having owned all 4 of those in addition to the Hobbit, I still feel like STTNG is my favorite wide body.
POTC is great, and I still own it, but TZ I didn’t like at all and IJ got boring quickly. Hobbit was a joke. About as much fun as Thunderbirds to me. Sold the others pretty quickly. Thankfully there’s room for everyone to like different things. Except people who don’t like Godzilla

Agreed, STTNG is my fave wide body of all time as well, he accomplished the speed aspect even with the extra width, and the lucard combo felt so satisfying when you had it dialed in...Tough game though

#2032 1 year ago
0915F34D-87A2-4BCB-8CF7-905469158523 (resized).jpeg0915F34D-87A2-4BCB-8CF7-905469158523 (resized).jpeg
#2033 1 year ago

What does it even take to reserve a CE with JJP tomorrow at 12 EST? I created an account, added credit card, shipping address, etc...but...is it like a $2k deposit or anybody know?

#2034 1 year ago

I think many on the ce list may be surprised by how many they are making and how much it's gonna cost and end up canceling or not be a instant purchase... cld be wrong tho. WIth them making 250-500 more over g@r CE and the price point being at least 3k more I think it cld be interesting . Won't be long before we find out. It's crazy how bad jjp gets hammered after the past few releases due to quality issues /warranty claims but yet here we go ....apparently everyone has very short memories.

#2035 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

What does it even take to reserve a CE with JJP tomorrow at 12 EST? I created an account, added credit card, shipping address, etc...but...is it like a $2k deposit or anybody know?

A non refundable deposit.. most likely 2k or so due to the huge cost increase.

#2036 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

A non refundable deposit.. most likely 2k or so due to the huge cost increase.

Will you be able to do it on the LE as well ? Or will it only be fore CE tomorrow?

#2037 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Will you be able to do it on the LE as well ? Or will it only be fore CE tomorrow?

Should be both.

#2038 1 year ago

Major recession soon.

#2039 1 year ago

What do you think they are gonna ask for this thing? I am guessing 15k

#2040 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I would say the % of people in this hobby that lost 100K plus in last two trading sessions are a very small % in this hobby.

There is a huge group of people that are just Average Smo's that skimp and save .

#2041 1 year ago

The NIB drought vs Recession vs Needful Things vs Sell Soul for JP game.. Hmnnn....

I know a couple folks thinking right now all I gotta do is flip 4 of these things and It's paid for.

I will be playing it at my local Barcade / or pay to play joint. Despite having a real big place in my heart
for Toy Story. Toy story inspired me to get into 3D animation a career that I'd eventually have to find
another career to fund pinball with.

#2042 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

[quoted image]

I think realistically the S&P should be about 4200 or so right now if you take the average S&P gain. Now of course this does not account for the inflation and impending recession. Pre-Covid it was at about 3500 or so...so we are darn close to a bottom...but doesn't mean it wont dip further before it "springs" back. When a bubble bursts it tends to implode a bit before it gets back to reality.

Will this affect the pinball market? Time will tell, but I think yes to some degree overall people have been spending more money than they actually have in the past few years. That and money they didn't earn. Can they afford a 15K pinball machine? No, where they buying them? I think some yes, others had the money to burn. But if you think there aren't people that shouldn't be buying these toys not buying them you are likely wrong(not you Snaroff this is in regards to previous posts) because people genuinely believe they cant lose on these things so why not spend my last ~10k on a toy?

#2043 1 year ago

I don’t think avg folks are lining up to drop $15k sight unseen on a Toy Story CE, but that’s just my guess.
I can’t imagine buying a pinball machine if it was like…10% if my annual income.

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I would say the % of people in this hobby that lost 100K plus in last two trading sessions are a very small % in this hobby.
There is a huge group of people that are just Average Smo's that skimp and save .

#2044 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Everyone should be considering the huge recession coming

Everyone keeps saying the huge recession 'is coming' but it's already here - a recession is two quarters of negative growth and we've already had one, and it's almost a given we're in the second quarter now, so, yeah. We are ALREADY in a recession (just like we've been in a bear market since January but only officially as of today).

#2046 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

mark.gifmark.gif
#2047 1 year ago

I'm really impressed that images haven't leaked...

#2048 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

... I will be playing it at my local Barcade / or pay to play joint.

Yeah ... may be the new reality for many given anticipated prices. Unfortunately, I have yet to play a JJP game on route in which the quality of gameplay was anywhere near the same as playing it in a home environment.

#2049 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yeah ... may be the new reality for many given anticipated prices. Unfortunately, I have yet to play a JJP game on route in which the quality of gameplay was anywhere near the same as playing it in a home environment.

THIS! Are these games just not meant to be routed? Because I've had this same experience and it really surprised me.

#2050 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Everyone keeps saying the huge recession 'is coming' but it's already here - a recession is two quarters of negative growth and we've already had one, and it's almost a given we're in the second quarter now, so, yeah. We are ALREADY in a recession (just like we've been in a bear market since January but only officially as of today).

Yes this is true, it just hasn't hit the job market yet. Hopefully it wont hit it too hard.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/41?hl=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.