(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 121.
#1951 1 year ago
Quoted from bobzilla:

Will it be the same size as WOZ or GNR?

WOZ is a widebody, so Toy Story will not be that. It will be a standard body.

Anything after Toy Story could be potentially be a widebody.

#1952 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Can any game live up to 7 years of anticipation?

There are some that are going to love it or hate it no matter what it looks like. 100% guaranteed.

#1953 1 year ago

That TBL on the way, or go for the shiny new TS….hmmmm…everybody’s got choices, one scratches his chin

#1954 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

You can also tell from the pic that the shooter knob is much closer to the coin door (like GnR and DI, and unlike Hobbit and POTC). Narrow body confirmed.

When I look up the dimensions for all those it’s showing 29” for them. I’m confused. Lol

#1955 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

The shooter rod shows this is based on ToyStory

The shooter rod is 'the pixar ball' - originally from Luxo Junior, so it doesn't really tell you anything specific.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxo_Jr.

#1956 1 year ago
Quoted from bobzilla:

When I look up the dimensions for all those it’s showing 29” for them.

The backbox is always the same size - 28~29ish depending on manufacturer.

Standard body = 22"
Wide body = 25"

#1957 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The backbox is always the same size - 28~29ish depending on manufacturer.
Standard body = 22"
Wide body = 25"

ahhh okay. That makes sense. I don’t have a GNR but I thought that was considered a wide body.

#1958 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Plus Lawlor is anti-widebody.
To that I say, "BOO!"

Weird....loved my Road Show and TZ.....

#1959 1 year ago

He called those a "mistake" in some interview I read not that long ago.

He's wrong. There are plenty of poor widebodies, but TZ, jjPotC and Indy are three fantastic pins that would not be the same in a narrow body. For the right pin, widebody is the way. Saying narrow only is lame. Calling TZ and Roadshow a "mistake" because they were wide is moronic like the headphone jack he moved to the area of your knees on jjp machines, when it was just fine on the coin door. Jack said that was his doing, and, like saying all widebodies are a "mistake," that was wrong, too.

#1960 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

The shooter rod shows this is based on ToyStory

TS 4 ?

#1961 1 year ago

No additional info until orders are live

#1962 1 year ago

There's no way it'd be on TS4 alone.

It'd be like a Rocky V pin.

#1963 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Was hoping to see a video a bit before the orders go live.

#1964 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1965 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

This has to stop. To be clear, I'm not remotely interested in another JJP pin but those that are shouldn't have to gamble this kind of money before they see the game.

Jeff

#1966 1 year ago

I’ve read interviews where Pat alluded to TZ as a mistake in terms of Williams was unwise to give him free reign as it resulted in a game that was expensive to make and didn’t have popular appeal (even though it’s now a classic in home settings). Didn’t have to do with being a wide body. Are you sure it wasn’t that you read?

Quoted from PinMonk:

He's wrong. There are plenty of poor widebodies, but TZ, jjPotC and Indy are three fantastic pins that would not be the same in a narrow body. For the right pin, widebody is the way. Saying narrow only is lame. Calling TZ and Roadshow a "mistake" because they were wide is moronic.

#1967 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

You pay tax according to your zip code. I'm in sales. If I sell you something you pay the tax for where you live.
That's how it works. Everywhere.

For certain states, the seller doesn’t have to collect sales tax if they’ve sold less than a certain amount to that state, e.g. I live in PA and they don’t have to collect if < $100k sold to state in prior 12-months.

#1968 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

That TBL on the way, or go for the shiny new TS….hmmmm…everybody’s got choices, one scratches his chin

The Big Lebowski is way cool dude but the Toy will play better!

#1969 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The Big Lebowski is way cool dude but the Toy will play better!

And you know this how?

Jeff

#1970 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He's wrong. There are plenty of poor widebodies, but TZ, jjPotC and Indy are three fantastic pins that would not be the same in a narrow body. For the right pin, widebody is the way. Saying narrow only is lame. Calling TZ and Roadshow a "mistake" because they were wide is moronic like the headphone jack he moved to the area of your knees on jjp machines, when it was just fine on the coin door. Jack said that was his doing, and like saying all widebodies are a "mistake" that was wrong, too.

One significant distinction is Pat also said in that same interview - some wide bodies (albeit TZ and IJ) were really standard body designs with a shooter lane added off to side. So widebodies made after that were the ones he’s referring to that were not good geometry. I don’t understand that comment either but I heard what he said.

#1971 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

This has to stop. To be clear, I'm not remotely interested in another JJP pin but those that are shouldn't have to gamble this kind of money before they see the game.
Jeff

It’s absolutely wild.

#1972 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

There's no way it'd be on TS4 alone.

That’s not a good comparison.
If TS 4 has all the characters from previous movies .Especially if they were able to get a lot of animations and sound assets.I think it’s also very important that they get Tim Allen and at least Tom Hanks brother to do shout outs and voice work for pin!

#1973 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

For those who were not around a few years ago, this game was first leaked on 29th October 2015.
I cannot believe it has taken nearly 7 years to hit the production line.
There must be an interesting back story.

I think they were just backed up...Jack told me himself in like 17' or 18' that their next pins were going to be Wonka, GnR and Toy Story...Interestingly he also told me that they first tried to sign SR before PL, but Stern locked him up...Funny how things work out.

I loved Wonka and am very excited to see what PL does with TS, but SR is my favorite designer of all time, and I really hope he gets a killer theme to work with; cannot wait to see what he comes up with.

#1974 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

And you know this how?
Jeff

Just from playing TBL,DI and Wonka.I love TBL artwork and mechs more but gameplay is better on PL pins

#1975 1 year ago

Seriously, no video before the order banks open? Is that speculation or info with some factual support?

#1976 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I’ve read interviews where Pat alluded to TZ as a mistake in terms of Williams was unwise to give him free reign as it resulted in a game that was expensive to make and didn’t have popular appeal (even though it’s now a classic in home settings). Didn’t have to do with being a wide body. Are you sure it wasn’t that you read?

I just remember he said "widebody" and "mistake" which I disagreed with. I wish I could remember where the article was where I read it.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

One significant distinction is Pat also said in that same interview - some wide bodies (albeit TZ and IJ) were really standard body designs with a shooter lane added off to side. So widebodies made after that were the ones he’s referring to that were not good geometry. I don’t understand that comment either but I heard what he said.

Ah, maybe it was a podcast then...it's been a while. I don't remember the media, but podcast makes sense...

#1977 1 year ago

No Dude play a Toy Story……

#1978 1 year ago
Quoted from Svente69:

No Dude play a Toy Story……

Will do soon!

#1979 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s not a good comparison.
If TS 4 has all the characters from previous movies .Especially if they were able to get a lot of animations and sound assets.I think it’s also very important that they get Tim Allen and at least Tom Hanks brother to do shout outs and voice work for pin!

They should have stopped after 3. It was perfect. Not that I don't like 4. But to base it only on 4 would be a huge miss for fans of the franchise. And there are a lot of characters and story settings not in the 4th one that I'd love to see in it. Andy's room being #1. Also Zurg, Big Al, Sid, Pizza Planet. It really needs to be the entire franchise.

Also it needs to have the sound clips from the actors and the Randy Newman music. You would think it would be easier due to it being an animated film.

And since Don Rickles has passed (mr. potato head), maybe having John Ratzenberger (Ham) would be good for callouts.

#1980 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just remember he said "widebody" and "mistake" which I disagreed with. I wish I could remember where the article was where I read it.

Ah, maybe it was a podcast then...it's been a while. I don't remember the media, but podcast makes sense...

If he said it, I hope he changes his mind. TZ remains the best game he ever made.

People can change their opinions. Back in 99 or so, Steve Ritchie said pinball was dead. Might have been just after Williams closed their doors so might be a bit later.

#1981 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

Yeah I learned this the hard way with Ultraman. Never again

#1982 1 year ago

I was checking out who liked the JJP tweet and this could be nothing but this guy seemed pretty interesting.
http://www.marcsilk.com/

Voice actor

#1983 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

Has it been confirmed they won’t show it off? It’s horribly anti consumer - create an item of unknown limited quantities, show absolutely nothing off it and force an immediate commitment to have any chance of buying. Not sure if the deposit is refundable or not (if it is my opinion would be different). I know Jersey Jack is in a different league then Spooky, but the market is a wasteland of people taking losses who had to commit to Halloween without alot of info. My money is on this being a good game, but why can’t they show it off before forcing us to make a split second decision on ordering a CE or missing out. This is a terrible precedent. These are extremely expensive toys that take up a ton of space. Stock market is tanking, economy is softening…They will get away with this now, but it could cost them some good will long term when things get back to normal which could be sooner then later.

#1984 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The shooter rod is 'the pixar ball' - originally from Luxo Junior, so it doesn't really tell you anything specific.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxo_Jr.

You think they'd use that ball for a theme other than the original Toy Story? And use it as the only teaser in fact?

#1985 1 year ago

I am taking preorders for the next JJP game. You can PM me if you would like to get on my list or text 586-530-8206. We are a JJP distributor based out of Michigan for those who are not familiar with us.

#1986 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Yeah I learned this the hard way with Ultraman. Never again

Who said they weren’t showing it before your able to order game?
GnR’s had a cool demo and Zach at SDTM video out before so I think tomorrow we will see the same!!!

#1987 1 year ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

I am taking preorders for the next JJP game. You can PM me if you would like to get on my list or text 586-530-8206. We are a JJP distributor based out of Michigan for those who are not familiar with us.

^^ Can vouch for Gary, he's my JJP pimp.

#1988 1 year ago

Well it’s official, we are in a bear market now. A 20% drop is the tipping point. As the smoke clears, we are still standing. Will this impact my decision whether to buy a TS LE? No. When you think about it, what’s lost is gone. Chances of market going up from this lower point are better than when market was 20% higher, right?

45874531-3F91-4B79-958F-7D5A9BE245D9.jpeg45874531-3F91-4B79-958F-7D5A9BE245D9.jpeg

#1989 1 year ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

If he said it, I hope he changes his mind. TZ remains the best game he ever made.

If this really is his swan song, doesn't really matter. I think the newer designers at JJP are fine with widebody if the game demands it. Hogbog destroyed with jjPotC. No way you'd have all those toys in a narrow body. If he's really doing Matrix, I can only dream what a Matrix widebody would be.

Also, Steve Ritchie did Star Trek:The Next Generation widebody. I'd like to see what he does with another unlimited BOM in a widebody for JJP.

#1990 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Well it’s official, we are in a bear market now. A 20% drop is the tipping point. As the smoke clears, we are still standing. Will this impact my decision whether to buy a TS LE? No. When you think about it, what’s lost is gone. Chances of market going up from this lower point are better than when market was 20% higher, right?
[quoted image]

stock-buy-the-dip (resized).jpgstock-buy-the-dip (resized).jpg
#1992 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If this really is his swan song, doesn't really matter. I think the newer designers at JJP are fine with widebody if the game demands it. Hogbog destroyed with jjPotC. No way you'd have all those toys in a narrow body. If he's really doing Matrix, I can only dream what a Matrix widebody would be.

Also, Steve Ritchie did Star Trek:The Next Generation widebody. I'd like to see what he does with another unlimited BOM in a widebody for JJP.

I agree that a widebody done right can be an amazing game. It must just be much harder to design a good one. Regardless of whether there was any anti-widebody policy put in place at JJP, it seems that all of the tooling for making widebody games did not make it from NJ to Chicago. If true, there would be a considerable additional cost to getting back into widebody games. I don't expect there to be more any time soon.

#1993 1 year ago

It wasn’t Steve Ritchie who said pinball was dead it was Pat Lawlor.
I think he was asked about that and his response was Oops!

#1994 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He's wrong. There are plenty of poor widebodies, but TZ, jjPotC and Indy are three fantastic pins that would not be the same in a narrow body. For the right pin, widebody is the way. Saying narrow only is lame. Calling TZ and Roadshow a "mistake" because they were wide is moronic like the headphone jack he moved to the area of your knees on jjp machines, when it was just fine on the coin door. Jack said that was his doing, and like saying all widebodies are a "mistake" that was wrong, too.

. . . don't forget STTNG

#1995 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

. . . don't forget STTNG

It's a cool pin, and I like the game, but I feel like a lot of the extra space on top of the PF was under-utilized. UNDER the playfield is another matter entirely, though - a subway maintenance nightmare.

So because it's not an unequivocal masterpiece like TZ, Indy, jjPoTC, I left it off. But it is another GREAT game that would not have worked in a narrow cab, and I look forward to Steve's new widebody at JJP that will beat it.

#1996 1 year ago

I’m actually surprised we don’t have the promo video with 24 hours before order banks.
When was the GnR video and when did they open up orders?
I understand not giving a week because you want the excitement to be fresh but the day before taking orders seems like it would accomplish that.

#1997 1 year ago

You know what’s funny is having owned all 4 of those in addition to the Hobbit, I still feel like STTNG is my favorite wide body.
POTC is great, and I still own it, but TZ I didn’t like at all and IJ got boring quickly. Hobbit was a joke. About as much fun as Thunderbirds to me. Sold the others pretty quickly. Thankfully there’s room for everyone to like different things. Except people who don’t like Godzilla

Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a cool pin, and I like the game, but I feel like a lot of the extra space on top of the PF was under-utilized. UNDER the playfield is another matter entirely, though - a subway maintenance nightmare.
So because it's not an unequivocal masterpiece like TZ, Indy, jjPoTC, I left it off. But it is another GREAT game that would not have worked in a narrow cab, and I look forward to Steve's new widebody at JJP that will beat it.

#1998 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I’m actually surprised we don’t have the promo video with 24 hours before order banks.
When was the GnR video and when did they open up orders?
I understand not giving a week because you want the excitement to be fresh but the day before taking orders seems like it would accomplish that.

I was so hoping for a video

#1999 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

You know what’s funny is having owned all 4 of those in addition to the Hobbit, I still feel like STTNG is my favorite wide body.
POTC is great, and I still own it, but TZ I didn’t like at all and IJ got boring quickly. Hobbit was a joke. About as much fun as Thunderbirds to me. Sold the others pretty quickly. Thankfully there’s room for everyone to like different things. Except people who don’t like Godzilla

I must be a widebody slut because I like STTNG, POTC, TZ, IJ *AND* Hobbit.

#2000 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I must be a widebody slut because I like STTNG, POTC, TZ, IJ *AND* Hobbit.

You slut!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.95
Wanted
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.