(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 121.
#151 2 years ago

Originally I with unhappy with a new in box Wonka CE purchase because one of the art blades was ripped on the left side and I have an issue with the way they package the legs on top, they can come crashing down upon opening if not extremely careful and removed exactly as described, no wrapping, a couple got scraped up. I talked with Barry and he was totally understanding. They sent me new legs and an art blade free of charge. GNR LE came in with no playfield issues or any issues whatsoever. I'm not sure I'll be in for Toy Story as only so much room and so many great pins out there now but much love for Lawlor and wish him the best if he's doing that one. I'm totally happy with Wonka for now, it's a great game.

#152 2 years ago

Toy story is a dream theme for my family, but don't like what I'm reading

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:Originally I with unhappy with a new in box Wonka CE purchase because one of the art blades was ripped on the left side and I have an issue with the way they package the legs on top, they can come crashing down upon opening if not extremely careful and removed exactly as described, no wrapping, a couple got scraped up. I talked with Barry and he was totally understanding. They sent me new legs and an art blade free of charge. GNR LE came in with no playfield issues or any issues whatsoever. I'm not sure I'll be in for Toy Story as only so much room and so many great pins out there now but much love for Lawlor and wish him the best if he's doing that one. I'm totally happy with Wonka for now, it's a great game.

Same thing happened to my wonka! ripped left art blade! But man oh man, is it fun!
Cant wait for toy story!

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Maybe with this attitude I'll live longer.

live-long-prosper.giflive-long-prosper.gif
#155 2 years ago

I’ve been waiting several years for toy story after the initial rumor. No other company release is ever as exciting as a jjp release. I’m definitely in. I bought gnr le day 1, didn’t like the play field issues at all, and fortunately my day 1 order was so backordered that I got it in June after all the fixes started coming from factory. My gnr is perfect and amazing in every way even after a ton of plays. I may not order day 1 on toy story, but I’m getting one no matter what. Just let the initial kinks get worked out and then order one.

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I’ve been waiting several years for toy story after the initial rumor. No other company release is ever as exciting as a jjp release. I’m definitely in. I bought gnr le day 1, didn’t like the play field issues at all, and fortunately my day 1 order was so backordered that I got it in June after all the fixes started coming from factory. My gnr is perfect and amazing in every way even after a ton of plays. I may not order day 1 on toy story, but I’m getting one no matter what. Just let the initial kinks get worked out and then order one.

You are one of the very lucky ones, but I wonder how your PF looks under all those nasty washers all over your nice PF, from the so called factory fix? Just give your GNR PF time and it will most likely become just as all the others.

#157 2 years ago

I wonder when they are going to announce a new game? It looks like since DI, they have announced a new game every 14-18 months. GNR was announced in October 2020... so we are at the 14 month mark.

#158 2 years ago

If u look at the Wonka early posts years ago people said it won’t be wonka it’s toy story. Gnr was also in conversation way before launch so I’d say toy story is next.

#159 2 years ago

Both my GNR and Wonka CEs are fantastic and the PFs are perfect.

Bring on Toy Story.

Sorry Jimmy. Lol

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bring on Toy Story.
Sorry Jimmy. Lol

I’ve owned them all. Wonka CE had some pooling and I was able to iron out with yellowbird’s method. Love Wonka and it’s a keeper.

Dialed In shot probably the best of all the titles but the family couldn’t get into the theme. No playfield issues.

Woz YBR was beautiful but hard. No playfield issues

GNR LE had no playfield issues

Bought Pirates LE second hand and it had a small chip on the left post.

Finally just got Hobbit and the family loves it. I know it is a polarizing title. No playfield issues.

We would be an immediate buy for Toy Story so bring it on!!!!

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bring on Toy Story.
Sorry Jimmy. Lol

Long time Dougy! It’s like your best buddy, you know the podcaster buddy just said: GNR is a concert in a box, so who cares it shoots like a slow moving dog and has no mechs. He says its a different flavor of pinball on a 27” regular LCD screen, to be consumed at the insane concert in a box price of: $13,500.00!!!

Walmart sells a GNR concert in a box for $20 in Blu-ray, that plays on a 65 inch or bigger OLED screen, coupled to a high end sound system that blows away GNR’s comparatively weak stereo system. All for $20 you get a far better concert experience!!! And you never will have any PF issues. Hoping since Pat is on TS it won’t have the questionable geometry GNR has. Nor the issues after playing GNR the 50th time, becoming so monotonous with no real mechs that owners want to get rid of it asap. Smart people are starting to sell them off in anticipation of TS. That should tell us something about how long a “concert in a box” nothing but multiballs experience, will last in the home. Best advice: sell GNR, buy TS and spend $20 for a GNR concert for a far better experience and own both for far less money!!! Unless TS has the typical crappy PF and comes with no warranty. Oh wait, it will, lol.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

You are one of the very lucky ones, but I wonder how your PF looks under all those nasty washers all over your nice PF, from the so called factory fix? Just give your GNR PF time and it will most likely become just as all the others.

Hey Jim

CA413478-3F3A-4239-A674-5B9960A28ACF (resized).pngCA413478-3F3A-4239-A674-5B9960A28ACF (resized).png
#163 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hey Jim
[quoted image]

Thumbs up or down are badges of honor. Truth is hard for some very troubled JJP pinball machine owners. I know the feeling after being suckered into their unfortunately faulty universe. Wish someday it will change for JJP, they really need to show us they actually care about us the customer.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I look for the positive no reason to dwell on the negative. Maybe with this attitude I'll live longer.
Cheers.

Our maybe you'll look at the bright side of a misdiagnosis.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Long time Dougy! It’s like your best buddy, you know the podcaster buddy just said: GNR is a concert in a box, so who cares it shoots like a slow moving dog and has no mechs. He says its a different flavor of pinball on a 27” regular LCD screen, to be consumed at the insane concert in a box price of: $13,500.00!!!
Walmart sells a GNR concert in a box for $20 in Blu-ray, that plays on a 65 inch or bigger OLED screen, coupled to a high end sound system that blows away GNR’s comparatively weak stereo system. All for $20 you get a far better concert experience!!! And you never will have any PF issues. Hoping since Pat is on TS it won’t have the questionable geometry GNR has. Nor the issues after playing GNR the 50th time, becoming so monotonous with no real mechs that owners want to get rid of it asap. Smart people are starting to sell them off in anticipation of TS. That should tell us something about how long a “concert in a box” nothing but multiballs experience, will last in the home. Best advice: sell GNR, buy TS and spend $20 for a GNR concert for a far better experience and own both for far less money!!! Unless TS has the typical crappy PF and comes with no warranty. Oh wait, it will, lol.

Played an LE and the sound sucked. Definitely did not sound like a concert in a box. Picture quality not great and flippers were weak. My two daughters and I couldn’t wait to get to our last ball. If I paid $11k for an LE I would be pissed. It just was not fun. I played it more than once and didn’t enjoy it at all. Shot like a dog.

Down vote me all you want but I will never buy a JJP.

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Then why are you interested in this JJP tread?

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Then why are you interested in this JJP tread?

Take it with a grain of salt....his second favorite game is "Disco"....enough said

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Played an LE and the sound sucked. Definitely did not sound like a concert in a box. Picture quality not great and flippers were weak. My two daughters and I couldn’t wait to get to our last ball. If I paid $11k for an LE I would be pissed. It just was not fun. I played it more than once and didn’t enjoy it at all. Shot like a dog.

Unfortunately for JJP, this is becoming the general feeling by most of us once suckered into their poor playing/performing products. So nice of JJP to give such a newbie to pinball design like Eric M. a chance (GNR is only his 2nd design). However, once people try his layouts, they quickly learn there’s trouble a float, but maybe in time, he’ll learn what makes a good design, like Elwin understands so much better.

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Unfortunately for JJP, this is becoming the general feeling by most of us once suckered into their poor playing/performing products. So nice of JJP to give such a newbie to pinball design like Eric M. a chance (GNR is only his 2nd design). However, once people try his layouts, they quickly learn there’s trouble a float, but maybe in time, he’ll learn what makes a good design, like Elwin understands so much better.

Hey Jim

IMG_5481 (resized).PNGIMG_5481 (resized).PNG
#170 2 years ago

He is clearly a troll trying to get a rise out of people. I highly recommend people just use the handy 'ignore' feature pinside has implemented on him.

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

He is clearly a troll trying to get a rise out of people. I highly recommend people just use the handy 'ignore' feature pinside has implemented on him.

Done lol.

#172 2 years ago

He was temporarily ejected from this thread. Nice!! Will have some quiet for a bit at least.

#173 2 years ago

And trolls are meant to be bashed with pinballs! Troll multiball madness! Im excited to see what Toy Story has. If its anything like Wonka or PoTC then I dont think I can pass.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

And trolls are meant to be bashed with pinballs! Troll multiball madness! Im excited to see what Toy Story has. If its anything like Wonka or PoTC then I dont think I can pass.

Agreed.

The designer known for loading his games with toys working on a Toy Story game with a company who is known for allowing their designers a fairly large bill of materials. It has a lot of potential.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not without my reservations. Chipping playfields are a little concerning, but it's hard to tell how widespread that issue actually is.

#175 2 years ago

Being that TS has been long speculated and supposedly was to come before wonka, I would think this title is going to be real special. Also likely to be Pat’s last game, with all that said, I have a super high expectation for this from JJP. I am anxious to see what come out!

#176 2 years ago

Yeah, and Romulick is a hybrid. Some human, mostly troll.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yeah, and Romulick is a hybrid. Some human, mostly troll.

This thread is about a JJP game coming soon.Trolling would be Stern fans coming here just to piss on something JJP does.I’m not in a Stern forum pissing on shit that you like now am I?

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This thread is about a JJP game coming soon.Trolling would be Stern fans coming here just to piss on something JJP does.I’m not in a Stern forum pissing on shit that you like now am I?

I don't even think it's that.

If you look at his game ratings. He straight up gave monster bash, medieval madness, GNR, etc a reviews of 5 or less. In fact nothing they reviewed was over a 5. Clearly the man just wants to watch the world burn.

In this thread he was actively trying to get dislikes.

I honestly am surprised Pinside doesn't ban him straight up.

#179 2 years ago

And just like that he’s gone.

3 weeks later
#180 2 years ago

Dang it! Looks like we are going to make it through 2021 without an announcement from JJP.

#181 2 years ago

Announcing Toy Story on Christmas could have been epic.

4 weeks later
#182 2 years ago

On JJP's latest post, it kinda looks like toy story art on one of the machines. I mean the head is clearly GnR but once you see buzz, it's hard to unsee it. I don't recognize the side art on the cabinet as a GnR. It honestly could just be wishful thinking, but its fun to hope.

Note: I first noticed to look closer from some comments on Facebook. They saw Buzz and Woody. That left me guessing on the other two, but I was surprised I didn't see anything posted about it here so thought I would share.

20220124_212356 (resized).jpg20220124_212356 (resized).jpg20220124_212034 (resized).jpg20220124_212034 (resized).jpg
#184 2 years ago
Quoted from BexAnn:

I don't recognize the side art on the cabinet as a GnR. It honestly could just be wishful thinking, but its fun to hope.

No doubt! But I think what you're seeing is the cab art for the GNR LE (the concert posters).

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

No doubt! But I think what you're seeing is the cab art for the GNR LE (the concert posters).

Exactly. By the one standing closer you can tell it has the red trim also

#186 2 years ago

Would of been cool to spot Toy Story just there like how stern accidentally showed off Rush then pulled the pic ASAP

Hope you see JJP new title soon

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

I went back and looked at the 3 different gnr sides, and I can’t line any of them up with the ones in this picture. I agree, I originally thought gnr le poster art, but it doesn’t seem to match the colors of the le side. Hmmm. Interesting if it’s a new art package for gnr or something different

#188 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I went back and looked at the 3 different gnr sides, and I can’t line any of them up with the ones in this picture. I agree, I originally thought gnr le poster art, but it doesn’t seem to match the colors of the le side. Hmmm. Interesting if it’s a new art package for gnr or something different

There's another cab with the same art to the left and slightly obstructed. Looks to have the LE head and I agree, can't seem to make any of the 3 cabinet art packages line up.

#189 2 years ago

It looks like a GNR in the very back, and a Wonka LE to the left of it.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from BexAnn:

On JJP's latest post, it kinda looks like toy story art on one of the machines. I mean the head is clearly GnR but once you see buzz, it's hard to unsee it. I don't recognize the side art on the cabinet as a GnR. It honestly could just be wishful thinking, but its fun to hope.
Note: I first noticed to look closer from some comments on Facebook. They saw Buzz and Woody. That left me guessing on the other two, but I was surprised I didn't see anything posted about it here so thought I would share.

I think you need help from this little guy

Lenny_004 (resized).jpgLenny_004 (resized).jpg
#191 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

There's another cab with the same art to the left and slightly obstructed. Looks to have the LE head and I agree, can't seem to make any of the 3 cabinet art packages line up.

Yeah, definitely a wonka behind it, but then same cab on the left of the yellow pole. Definitely looks like gnr heads, but that side art doesn’t match up with any current gnr art. Very odd

#192 2 years ago

If it's toy story I am in, No way I am buying first run....JJP track record with playfield issue's is a game of luck. I will sit back and enjoy CCR and wait.

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

If it's toy story I am in, No way I am buying first run....JJP track record with playfield issue's is a game of luck. I will sit back and enjoy CCR and wait.

It’s the worst kept secret as almost everyone agrees the next title is Toy Story.

The big question is how are they going to price it. I’m guessing $12k LE, $14k CE and dropping the SE entirely.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Yea I checked them too and couldn't line it up. That's when I saw what could be Buzz with his arms crossed. Though I admit it's odd the head has the GnR art. They could be trying the Elvira approach and be releasing a different edition of GnR but that seems odd when they are still making LEs. It's just very odd.

#195 2 years ago

$14k LE
$18k CE

No SE

#196 2 years ago

Wow that would be crazy.

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

$14k LE
$18k CE
No SE

D62A72AE-DE4C-4533-A3C9-DD3406168975 (resized).jpegD62A72AE-DE4C-4533-A3C9-DD3406168975 (resized).jpeg
#198 2 years ago

To my eye, a lot of the colors match up, but there is a purple in the center that doesn't. Also all the colors seem brighter. Strange.

Inkedcombine_images (1)_LI (resized).jpgInkedcombine_images (1)_LI (resized).jpg
#199 2 years ago

No SE is a blow, but it this market its hard to blame them

#200 2 years ago

The purple is probably just the photosensor's inability to capture perfectly accurate colors at that distance. Looks like it matches with GNR LE to me also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 16.95
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.