(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 121.
#1801 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The more interesting questions to me are 1) how many LE’s and 2) when will they sell out? I’ll guess 5k LE’s and they sell out in one week. Therefore total run is 1k CE’s @ $16k (conventional wisdom is $15k but I say, nay) and 5k LE’s at $12.5k (you thought I’d say $12k, nope). Once the dust settles, that’s $20.25M of games sold in one week and produced over next 12 months. Pretty good for JJP, if it happens, and good for the customers.

You think they will sell out 5k LE’s?? You can still get GNR LE’s.

#1802 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

You pay tax according to your zip code. I'm in sales. If I sell you something you pay the tax for where you live.
That's how it works. Everywhere.

I don’t pay tax on my pins or from pinball life or Marco’s. So your not 100% correct. Maybe on what your selling.

#1803 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

He has a podcast you can sign up for Patreon.

Nice. I will give my worthless prediction right here, right now. JJP’s next game will be/should be The Matrix….Fingers crossed

#1804 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

You pay tax according to your zip code. I'm in sales. If I sell you something you pay the tax for where you live.
That's how it works. Everywhere.

Not when I ship to my AZ address from out of state.

#1805 1 year ago

Everybody PayPal me $5 and I’ll give you my best prediction for jjps next game

#1806 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I agree surprises are fun!Short of the one big leak in Jersey there’s been a pretty tight lid on things.
If I had a choice I would like to see Steve or Eric on a Matrix pin!

Eric on Matrix is the way!

#1807 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I don’t pay tax on my pins or from pinball life or Marco’s. So your not 100% correct. Maybe on what your selling.

I believe you are still liable for the sales tax, regardless of whether the selling company collects it from you or not.

#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

You positive about this?

Not accurate at all. JJP likely charges tax in most states. How do y’all have money for $15k machines but not know what business and sales tax nexus is?

#1809 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Not accurate at all. JJP likely charges tax in most states. How do y’all have money for $15k machines but not know what business and sales tax nexus is?

Cause some of us have more money than brains

#1810 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'm pretty certain it's widely known that the next title is Godfather by Eric

Godfather makes no sense. The Matrix makes complete sense. Maybe Godfather was a code name for The Matrix? I hope so.

Speaking of Godfather, though...even if you're not a fan of the movie, watch The Offer on Paramount streaming. The cast is amazing and the series is extremely entertaining.

#1811 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Whether or not you pay the tax you owe, you absolutely owe tax on stuff you buy online. It's in the AZ tax code:

https://azdor.gov/individual-income-tax-filing-assistance/understanding-use-tax

I can't imagine compliance is that high, but if you're ever audited and you've purchased a lot of pins online over the years, penalties and interest on the unreported liability could get painful.

#1812 1 year ago

Until JJP gets a true second line, I think they should time gate the LE’s. Limit the amount to how many they can make in a year or if they are not selling well send out a last call. JJP needs to be able to announce a new game every year, even if they have a hot seller. This will help create perceived limited availability. Also in case of a flop you can re-run an in demand title, like Stern does with their VE.

#1813 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Whether or not you pay the tax you owe, you absolutely owe tax on stuff you buy online.

As someone who recently got audited I can confirm this is true. Also you aren’t only supposed to be paying taxes on new products but used ones as well. My Mrs Pac was made over 40 years ago and has been bought and sold several times but I still need to pay tax when I buy it because it’s not a tax on the item but a tax on the transaction. Or so it has been explained to me.

#1814 1 year ago

um, do you know what LE stands for?

Apparently you don’t understand that there has never been a limit to JJPs “Limited Editions”. LE is an artificial marketing construct to drive demand for FOMO. They have never sold out LEs. And, if true that there won’t be an SE, it’s now the de facto base model of the game. JJP will build as many as they believe demand warrants over whatever lifespan they have set for the production run. Whatever number they set for LEs will be high enough that it won’t be exceeded.

But your incredulous statement that they will sell out 5k LEs in a week is what triggered my comment. Nothing to do with what an LE is or how fast they can be produced. No one has seen or played the game. They aren’t going to sell 5k total units in a week, let alone your implication of every LE game that will be produced.

#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

As someone who recently got audited I can confirm this is true. Also you aren’t only supposed to be paying taxes on new products but used ones as well. My Mrs Pac was made over 40 years ago and has been bought and sold several times but I still need to pay tax when I buy it because it’s not a tax on the item but a tax on the transaction. Or so it has been explained to me.

I'm not sure the used machine/casual sale law is the same in all states. In AZ law I linked to, a casual sale of a used item (not a car, there are exceptions) between people who aren't in business to sell that kind of thing wouldn't be taxed. Dunno how it works in UT.

#1816 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Godfather makes no sense. The Matrix makes complete sense. Maybe Godfather was a code name for The Matrix? I hope so.
Speaking of Godfather, though...even if you're not a fan of the movie, watch The Offer on Paramount streaming. The cast is amazing and the series is extremely entertaining.

The Offer is incredible.

#1817 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballpaully:

The Offer is incredible.

The whole cast is fantastic, but the actor that plays Bob Evans is incredible. He has the Bob Evans sound and mannerisms down cold. Also, the actor that played the eccentric Austrian Bludhorn part was always the center of attention when he was on screen. Giovanni Ribisi was also top notch. I could run down the cast one by one and talk about why they were great. Those three were the standouts, but literally the whole cast was just perfection. Lou Ferrigno even was in there as a mob goon!

#1818 1 year ago

HELLO EVERYONE...BEEN AWAY FOR SOME TIME.....GOING TO GET CAUGHT UP THIS WEEK AND BUY SOME OVERDUE MODS I HAVE BEEN WANTING...

NOTICE MY CAPS!!!!!

AND......

ITS 3AM....

ALREADY CONTACT JOE.....BUT HEARING ALOT OF RUMORS ON THIS. 1000 CE WOULD BE A LOT...BUT BASED ON HOW MANY WERE MAD ON GNRCE...I COULD THIS HAPPENING.....BUT AT 15K EACH....I DONT KNOW..???

#1819 1 year ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

HELLO EVERYONE...BEEN AWAY FOR SOME TIME.....GOING TO GET CAUGHT UP THIS WEEK AND BUY SOME OVERDUE MODS I HAVE BEEN WANTING...
NOTICE MY CAPS!!!!!
AND......
ITS 3AM....
ALREADY TEXTED JOE.....

Just texting Joe still? I thought by now you'd be sending him Cameos from Tan Mom and High Pitch Eric.

#1820 1 year ago

Very excited to see this game revealed, would love to grab an LE at some point and maybe if JJP announce do what they usually do by announcing another super duper edition (RE, YBR) without anything missing I’ll upgrade later.

#1821 1 year ago

JJP should just make a single pin, the Super Deluxe Ultra Limited Edition, #1/1.

Charge $25M and be done with it.

It'll still flip at like $48m, but just let it go, man.

#1822 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I remember kaneda ordering a game direct on his live. He lives in NY. I don't remember if it was JJP or Stern, but he was charged tax on it.

If you order direct from JJP and shipped out of state there isn't any tax charged by JJP. Just shipping. Ask me how I know.

Does anyone else outside of Illinois who has ordered from JJP have a different story?

#1823 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

If you order direct from JJP and shipped out of state there isn't any tax charged by JJP. Just shipping. Ask me how I know.
Does anyone else outside of Illinois who has ordered from JJP have a different story?

I believe it depends how many sales have been done in a particular state as there are different thresholds for them. Once met I believe tax occurs.. usually between 100000 and 500000 thousand which won't take long with the price of the ce being 15500+.

#1824 1 year ago

No surprise that it's not a simple answer.

#1825 1 year ago

There is a nexus list that tells the limits for everywhere

#1826 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

No surprise that it's not a simple answer.

Over here , everyone pays 10% and that's included in the price .

#1828 1 year ago

Sonds like from a sales tax standpoint, basically you've got to get creative by leveraging state's tax differences when you're purchasing.

#1829 1 year ago

I deal with online taxes daily and it’s a pain in the ass collecting for 23 states and going in monthly to each states portal and paying. Cost me around $25k a yr for programs and around 20 hrs a month. Most states are a number of transactions such as 250 -1000 orders but some are price like $100,000 to 175k you start paying. Govt really needs to step in for us small businesses and create a single portal that sends taxes to each state. It’s all nut and poorly done for online retailers. Everyone is different and some portals take hours to do where some are just a few minutes.

#1830 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

But it's not worth 5 bucks.

Why? Please provide some explanation.

#1831 1 year ago

Gas prices, taxes...what's next inflation complaints on this thread? C'mon guys.

Let's get a reveal today!

#1832 1 year ago

From my Spooky purchase, my understanding was if the company has a dealer/store in the state they collect tax.

I've seen GNR LE's in the low 4100 #'s so it's very possible they did do the whole run.

1st I've heard Eric & the Matrix! That would be so awesome!

Hopefully a reveal today!

#1833 1 year ago

Hopefully a video teaser today!

#1834 1 year ago

Hoping today is the day! I’ve been thinking Disney probaly wants this branded their latest version of the Toy Story series.I’m ok with that if they use some of the cool characters from other parts of the series.As long as it has a ton of assets from the movies as far as animations and sound I’ll be happy!
A huge bonus would be if the got some of the actors to do call outs and dialogue.Especially Tim Allen and Tom Hanks or his brother!

#1835 1 year ago

Dang it!!!! Let’s start the week with a awesome bang from JJP!

The hype train is already charged.. wait longer and it’ll fizz out.

Come on JJP! Today please.

#1836 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

The reason I missed out on getting a GNR CE is when I was about to click the button on the JJP site to check out, I decided I wanted to save tax and go through a distributor instead...and we all know what happened.....

#1837 1 year ago

My money is on a teaser trailer Tuesday with a full reveal this Friday.

#1838 1 year ago

I am sure the game will look good.

Just hope it's a good player.

Would love it if JJP beefed up the scoring, as not a fan of low scoring games.

Good to have a reveal soon!

#1839 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Would love it if JJP beefed up the scoring, as not a fan of low scoring games

Just add 3 or 6 zeros to the end of your score, whatever makes you feel better.

#1840 1 year ago

Definitely!

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 9.39.50 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-06-13 at 9.39.50 AM (resized).png
#1841 1 year ago

Not gonna happen. Sane scoring is a hallmark of all JJPs.

I personally think games that award 1M points for plunging the ball are absurd.

#1842 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not gonna happen. Sane scoring is a hallmark of all JJPs.
I personally think games that award 1M points for plunging the ball are absurd.

Just remove 3 or 6 digits from the end of your score, whatever makes you feel better.

Actually I agree with you. Try playing No Fear sometime, almost every shot is worth a minimum of ten million...it's just silly.

#1843 1 year ago

Rumor has it that the CEs inflate scoring by a factor of 1000, that way you can buy your way onto the leader boards.

#1844 1 year ago
Quoted from Rick432:

JJP should just make a single pin, the Super Deluxe Ultra Limited Edition, #1/1.
Charge $25M and be done with it.
It'll still flip at like $48m, but just let it go, man.

That is the rumored plan for the 100 Year Wizard of Oz anniversary edition. 1 of 1 and the monkey toy is back! Comes out in 2039, video applications start 2035.

#1845 1 year ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

NOTICE MY CAPS!!!!!
AND......
ITS 3AM....
ALREADY TEXTED JOE.....

What good does it do to text Joe early? According to him he doesn’t take names for a CE list and it’s supposed to be fair game for everybody. You saying you get out on the list before everybody else?

#1846 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

What good does it do to text Joe early? According to him he doesn’t take names for a CE list and it’s supposed to be fair game for everybody. You saying you get out on the list before everybody else?

I think he was joking......

#1847 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

He has a long history of harassing his distro when new games come out and seeking approval for doing so here.

#1848 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Apparently you don’t understand that there has never been a limit to JJPs “Limited Editions”. LE is an artificial marketing construct to drive demand for FOMO. They have never sold out LEs. And, if true that there won’t be an SE, it’s now the de facto base model of the game. JJP will build as many as they believe demand warrants over whatever lifespan they have set for the production run. Whatever number they set for LEs will be high enough that it won’t be exceeded.
But your incredulous statement that they will sell out 5k LEs in a week is what triggered my comment. Nothing to do with what an LE is or how fast they can be produced. No one has seen or played the game. They aren’t going to sell 5k total units in a week, let alone your implication of every LE game that will be produced.

We’ll see. JJP sold about 4k LE’s in a few days when GNR was shown. Sure TS is $2k more but since, GNR prices rose to $11.5k. I think they could sell more this time as Toy Story is a much better theme with broad appeal to all ages.

#1849 1 year ago

We’ll see. JJP sold about 4k LE’s in a few days when GNR was shown.

No they didn’t, only now are JJP around the 4k mark of GnR LEs sold to date, not the first few days of its reveal.

#1850 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I love asking

Good point about tax. Dumb question but I guess tax will be applied even if you’re not in Illinois? Damn 7% or so here in Penn on top of 15k? Yikes

Try living up in Ontario, Canada... 13% on top of about a 25% to 30% exchange rate...
Killer... but the things we do for Pinball...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 16.95
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/37?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.