(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 121.
#1751 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Unless I misunderstood, JJP is selling CEs direct too, right?
So why is everyone worked up over this? They aren’t gone…yet.
Sure it will be a launch day scramble but it’s premature to whine don’t you think?

Yeah that is my understanding, otherwise why would Ken have made that "how to order a CE" on the JJP Facebook group? Waiting for the reveal video myself and then ordering direct.

#1752 1 year ago

The more they sell direct the bigger their profit margin. My guess is if you want a CE you could probably get it but who knows. 15k?+tax+shipping. I’m hoping it won’t sell out in 2 seconds like sterns attempt to sell GZ LE direct.

#1753 1 year ago

I love asking

Quoted from Medic:

The more they sell direct the bigger their profit margin. My guess is if you want a CE you could probably get it but who knows. 15k?+tax+shipping. I’m hoping it won’t sell out in 2 seconds like sterns attempt to sell GZ LE direct.

Good point about tax. Dumb question but I guess tax will be applied even if you’re not in Illinois? Damn 7% or so here in Penn on top of 15k? Yikes

#1754 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Don't think they're making SE's anymore.

No SE model for Toy Story? Only two models available? Bummer if so.

#1755 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think JJP should wait until they have all their CE orders, make that many and 100 more to stop the flippers destroying the hobby. This way everyone that wants a CE gets one and this removes the incentive for the flippers.

How would this help JJP? Why would they want to diminish the FOMO that drives sales?

#1756 1 year ago
D670B715-CE4C-4ECD-BCE9-E4BF48524880.gifD670B715-CE4C-4ECD-BCE9-E4BF48524880.gif
#1757 1 year ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

So how do you get patches then?

Inlanes….

#1758 1 year ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

How long do you think it will take website to sell out of CEs? 30 minutes?

The more interesting questions to me are 1) how many LE’s and 2) when will they sell out? I’ll guess 5k LE’s and they sell out in one week. Therefore total run is 1k CE’s @ $16k (conventional wisdom is $15k but I say, nay) and 5k LE’s at $12.5k (you thought I’d say $12k, nope). Once the dust settles, that’s $20.25M of games sold in one week and produced over next 12 months. Pretty good for JJP, if it happens, and good for the customers.

#1759 1 year ago

Is it being shown Monday or Tuesday?

#1760 1 year ago

Interesting talking point here…

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The more interesting questions to me are 1) how many LE’s and 2) when will they be sold out. I’d say 5k LE’s announced and they sell out in one week.

#1761 1 year ago

I’d say 5k LE’s announced and they sell out in one week.

I heard they have only sold around 4k GNR LE’s…and those were available under 10k. At the price points being tossed on here (12.5k and 15.5k), I think they would be fortunate to sell all 1,000 CE’s and 2,000 of the LE’s in the initial rush to buy machines.

#1762 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Is it being shown Monday or Tuesday?

video is probably Mon, after Stern’s scheduled presentation to distributors. Order banks likely to open Tues am.

#1763 1 year ago

video is probably Mon, after Stern’s scheduled presentation to distributors. Order banks likely to open Tues am.

Great. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing this.

#1764 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I heard they have only sold around 4k GNR LE’s…and those were available under 10k. At the price points being tossed on here (12.5k and 15.5k), I think they would be fortunate to sell all 1,000 CE’s and 2,000 of the LE’s in the initial rush to buy machines.

That is one strategy, whereby JJP reduces the number of LE’s to what they can produce in a shorter amount of time and then move on. So if they were going to stop at a lower number of games, like 2.5k, they might be able to finish them in six months. As we would expect Toy Story to run for years, JJP might move it to the smaller line and announce another Toy Story LE edition with 2.5k units, and at a higher price point. Then, the main line is freed up to produce next title. Who knows, but that would be a better strategy than the one I first proposed?

#1765 1 year ago

The more interesting questions to me are 1) how many LE’s and 2) when will they sell out? I’ll guess 5k LE’s and they sell out in one week. Therefore total run is 1k CE’s @ $16k (conventional wisdom is $15k but I say, nay) and 5k LE’s at $12.5k (you thought I’d say $12k, nope). Once the dust settles, that’s $20.25M of games sold in one week and produced over next 12 months. Pretty good for JJP, if it happens, and good for the customers.

What the hell are you smoking?

NFW 5k LEs sellout in a week. And, if there are no SEs I suspect LEs will be “unlimited”

#1766 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

No SE model for Toy Story? Only two models available? Bummer if so.

That's what many are saying/predicting, sucks cause I'm pretty much done paying over 10K for a pinball machine.

#1767 1 year ago

Why would they get rid of the SE’s though? Wouldn’t that eliminate a lot of potential buyers?

#1768 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Why would they get rid of the SE’s though? Wouldn’t that eliminate a lot of potential buyers?

I don’t think the GNR SE’s sold very well.

#1769 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

These are all good points. I am just giving my thoughts on it. Thats all. Does not mean i am right or wrong. AND NO, I DO NOT HAVE A CE LINED UP.. I am not getting one..

We are not getting one either. I am just suggesting a solution to help people get the games they want. FOMO seems really big on Toy Story.

#1770 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

IMO, If that happens the LE will not be as desirable as it was on previous titles

#1771 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

What the hell are you smoking?
NFW 5k LEs sellout in a week. And, if there are no SEs I suspect LEa will be “unlimited”

um, do you know what LE stands for?

#1772 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How would this help JJP? Why would they want to diminish the FOMO that drives sales?

JJP wants to make and sell games. Flipping games in no way helps JJP sales, this only puts profit into flippers pockets. This gives JJP incentive to raise the price of the game. That will not help anyone.

#1773 1 year ago

Probably gonna be Dialed-In 2: Zoomed In

#1774 1 year ago

um, do you know what LE stands for?

JJP’s production with one line was 50 games per week. With 2 lines I am going to say they make 75 games a week and that would be about 3.5 k games built in 12 months. 50% higher than previous capacity. So 1k CE and 2.5k LE’s in year one. Announce a new LE version at higher price and put it on the second line for another 12 months and probably build 2.5k units. What is it you don’t understand? 2 runs of 2.5k LE’s v 1 run of 5k LE’s. Better to split it up.

#1775 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Screenshot_20220612-211411_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220612-211411_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220612-211825_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220612-211825_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1776 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Probably gonna be Dialed-In 2: Zoomed In

Dialed in 2 : Electric Boogaloo

#1777 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

JJP wants to make and sell games. Flipping games in no way helps JJP sales, this only puts profit into flippers pockets. This gives JJP incentive to raise the price of the game. That will not help anyone.

JJP can’t raise prices too much either or they’ll risk slow sales I think. Flipping will always be part of the hobby and only works with a few that missed out on the game or have plenty of money to splurge on a used CE game they really want.

#1778 1 year ago

Can I safely drain this thread and not miss out on the real news? I mean when there is real new there will be a dozen new threads right?

Drains……….byeeeeeee
Moderated

#1779 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Can I safely drain this thread and not miss out on the real news? I mean when there is real new there will be a dozen new threads right?
Drains……….byeeeeeee
Moderated

See you later! Bye bye

#1780 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

JJP can’t raise prices too much either or they’ll risk slow sales I think. Flipping will always be part of the hobby and only works with a few that missed out on the game or have plenty of money to splurge on a used CE game they really want.

They can raise prices on CE *WAY* higher as long as they sell out within a few days.

How does JJP profit from $25k CE resales? They left $10k on the table. $10k that some connected guy/gal pocketed who “got on a list” early. It’s financially dumb to let a random pinvestor make money that JJP could have made.

Just make 100 super limited CEs with three additional $25 toys and sell them for $35000. That’s how you create hype and profit from it.

#1781 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

They can raise prices on CE *WAY* higher as long as they sell out within a few days.
How does JJP profit from $25k CE resales? They left $10k on the table. $10k that some connected guy/gal pocketed who “got on a list” early. It’s financially dumb to let a random pinvestor make money that JJP could have made.
Just make 100 super limited CEs with three additional $25 toys and sell them for $35000. That’s how you create hype and profit from it.

I understand but Again, that 10K some random dude made is way to random for JJP to raise prices that much. There’s only a few that would pay that much for a machine.

#1782 1 year ago

Why would it matter when Stern's presentation is? Or did you mean JJP?

#1783 1 year ago

We all are pretty sure that the next JJP pin is TS but there’s no hint of what their next title is?

#1784 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

We all are pretty sure that the next JJP pin is TS but there’s no hint of what their next title is?

Kaneda's already posted his guess for the next JJP.

I hope they can keep a lid on things going forward, personally. Surprises are fun.

#1785 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I'm pretty certain it's widely known that the next title is Godfather by Eric

#1786 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'm pretty certain it's widely known that the next title is Godfather by Eric

I've heard a lot of people say the next game is actually The Matrix from Eric. I thought the Godfather rumor died out.

#1787 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I hope they can keep a lid on things going forward, personally. Surprises are fun.

I agree surprises are fun!Short of the one big leak in Jersey there’s been a pretty tight lid on things.
If I had a choice I would like to see Steve or Eric on a Matrix pin!

#1788 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Good point about tax. Dumb question but I guess tax will be applied even if you’re not in Illinois? Damn 7% or so here in Penn on top of 15k? Yikes

No, no tax as long as the invoice is billed to an address outside the state of the company that is selling.

#1789 1 year ago

You positive about this?

Quoted from Vespula:

No, no tax as long as the invoice is billed to an address outside the state of the company that is selling.

#1790 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I remember kaneda ordering a game direct on his live. He lives in NY. I don't remember if it was JJP or Stern, but he was charged tax on it.

#1791 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Where do you guys see Kaneda’s posts? Instagram?

#1792 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What was his guess?

#1793 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Where do you guys see Kaneda’s posts? Instagram?

He has a podcast you can sign up for Patreon.

#1794 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

He has a podcast you can sign up for Patreon.

I would like to know his guess for free!

#1795 1 year ago

5 bucks you get a ton of content. Surely you have 5 to spare sir…

Quoted from Noma2017:

I would like to know his guess for free!

#1796 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

5 bucks you get a ton of content. Surely you have 5 to spare sir…

I hate to take us down that road...
But it's not worth 5 bucks.

#1797 1 year ago

Do you though?

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I hate to take us down that road...
But it's not worth 5 bucks.

#1799 1 year ago

I guess he predicted Godfather. That could be great!

#1800 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You pay tax according to your zip code. I'm in sales. If I sell you something you pay the tax for where you live.

That's how it works. Everywhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.