(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 121.
#1701 1 year ago

Any chance we could take all the petrol / gasoline talk to the pinside bitch thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-pinside-bitch-thread .

#1702 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m all about different viewpoints but sometimes this shit gets old.
This is a anticipation for Toy Story!
There’s threads for Mirco playfield issues and lack of warranty

I don’t think you are “ all about different viewpoints.” If you were you’d realize that those of us talking about the playfield issues aren’t trying to rain on anyone’s parade. Most, including myself, are just profoundly disappointed in how JJP handled things with their last game and we want them to improve that with this game. JJP makes awesome games. There is definitely a place in the hobby for their high end product, but when they ask a top price for a top product it’s not too much for the purchaser to expect a quality build and good customer service. We have a right to express that opinion on this thread (and any other) with the hope that JJP might realize these are areas they need to improve upon. Speaking for myself, I don’t begrudge anyone’s excitement over Toy Story. I think the game will be incredible and I’m anxious to play it. I’m just hoping it’s of the quality customers deserve for spending as much as this game will cost.

#1703 1 year ago

There is a pinball in my boot?
Who poisoned the VUK?
Toy Story is going to be out of my price range but can’t wait to see it. Well maybe just in my price range if it’s as awesome as it’s being hyped to be.

#1704 1 year ago

Has anyone heard of the new prices? I am hearing the LE's are now 12k and the CE's are now 15k. I just can't spend this much on a pinball during these times.

#1705 1 year ago

A slinky dog ramp would look great

#1706 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Has anyone heard of the new prices? I am hearing the LE's are now 12k and the CE's are now 15k. I just can't spend this much on a pinball during these times.

That seems to be the speculation range over last 20 pages. (And no SEs). I think 10-12 and 13-15k seems safe bet

#1707 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So they dropped the SE because 9k wasn't viable for them and above 10k was too expensive for an SE

That makes the LE not really limited anymore.

#1708 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I don’t think you are “ all about different viewpoints.” If you were you’d realize that those of us talking about the playfield issues aren’t trying to rain on anyone’s parade. Most, including myself, are just profoundly disappointed in how JJP handled things with their last game and we want them to improve that with this game. JJP makes awesome games. There is definitely a place in the hobby for their high end product, but when they ask a top price for a top product it’s not too much for the purchaser to expect a quality build and good customer service. We have a right to express that opinion on this thread (and any other) with the hope that JJP might realize these are areas they need to improve upon. Speaking for myself, I don’t begrudge anyone’s excitement over Toy Story. I think the game will be incredible and I’m anxious to play it. I’m just hoping it’s of the quality customers deserve for spending as much as this game will cost.

Ok fine but it goes on and on.
Every thread that has anything mention of a JJP game the same people come by to repeat themselves as nauseam

#1709 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Any chance we could take all the petrol / gasoline talk to the pinside bitch thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-pinside-bitch-thread .

Or the "quit being an old fart and bitching about gas prices thread"

#1710 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Prediction- what I just described already exists and someone will be super happy to point it out

Lights, Camera, Action! has a rotating playfield section in the top left that changes from a lane to a ramp.

#1711 1 year ago

I’m getting tired reading so much speculative talk… I hope JJP can finally give a proper tease tomorrow so this thread can be more productive.

I’ll be a little sad if it’s not TS, but I’m still gonna get this CE. I’ve made arrangements with the wife.

I’ve had too many conversations with the wife to not follow through. She finally said yes and I’m taking advantage of it.

#1712 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I’m getting tired reading so much speculative talk… I hope JJP can finally give a proper tease tomorrow so this thread can be more productive.
I’ll be a little sad if it’s not TS, but I’m still gonna get this CE. I’ve made arrangements with the wife.
I’ve had too many conversations with the wife to not follow through. She finally said yes and I’m taking advantage of it.

Convincing the wife is often the most difficult part about getting a new pin…at least it is in my case. If you’ve completed that mission the rest just falls in line. Get the game and play the hell out of it!

#1713 1 year ago
Quoted from JDHHoover:

4 pops?
[quoted image]

It also looks like it has two vertical up kickers next the front two pops. So I'm guessing we're going to see something a little similar to whirlwind. With a scoop, a shot through some pop bumpers, and another scoop.

#1714 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

So they dropped the SE because 9k wasn't viable for them and above 10k was too expensive for an SE
That makes the LE not really limited anymore.

It's also rumored that they will make 1,000 CE's. How is this rare? Maybe it is but not really? I'm confused...

#1715 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

It's also rumored that they will make 1,000 CE's. How is this rare? Maybe it is but not really? I'm confused...

Limited and collectors has never meant rare. Only that production is limited to a set number of units. They become rare when production doesn’t fill out the slotted build.

#1716 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Limited and collectors has never meant rare. Only that production is limited to a set number of units. They become rare when production doesn’t fill out the slotted build.

125 Pirates CE's is rare. 500 GNRCE's is decent rare. Not 1,000 CE's of anything. I just don't agree w/ the amount of units being produced. But hey, i don't own JJP so what i think does not matter. I will just sit on the sidelines and buy a used Toy Story LE in about 1 year. I can wait.

#1717 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

125 Pirates CE's is rare.

#1718 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

125 Pirates CE's

200 CE's

Beat me by 45 seconds LTG

#1719 1 year ago

Convincing the wife is often the most difficult part about getting a new pin…at least it is in my case. If you’ve completed that mission the rest just falls in line. Get the game and play the hell out of it!

I had to laugh because yesterday my wife was giving me a hard time on why I didn't order it yet, why a distributor said that I didn't make the cut on his list, and to be carrying my credit card at all times and keep checking for JJP updates.

So, the opposite is a challenge too. She (and I) really want a CE ... at MSRP, whatever that turns out to be.

#1720 1 year ago

It's not like Stern has put out warped , chipping , pooling or scuffed playfields .
If you want to see shit playfields , take a look at the Rush thread .
And do you really think everyone is going to get free playfields . Not from what I've heard .
But it's Stern , so it's all cool .
Here's my GNR scoop after almost 1000 plays and millions of multi balls .
I don't want to bag either company , but they've had their issues and sometimes customer service isn't what you would hope for .
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpgIMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpgIMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpgIMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpgIMG_20220613_030654 (resized).jpgIMG_20220613_030654 (resized).jpg

#1721 1 year ago

Has ‘Toy Story 4 - Opus Lawlor” made it to #1 on Pinside Top 100 yet? For fans of the Shining movie and remember the redrum mirror scene …. Pat’s game is TSOL. …

#1722 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I had to laugh because yesterday my wife was giving me a hard time on why I didn't order it yet, why a distributor said that I didn't make the cut on his list, and to be carrying my credit card at all times and keep checking for JJP updates.
So, the opposite is a challenge too. She (and I) really want a CE ... at MSRP, whatever that turns out to be.

Yeah. My wife said she’d like a Toy Story but she stipulated that I had to sell one of my others to get it. No dice for me! I told her that since I bought all our other games (we have separate bank accounts) she should buy the Toy Story. That abruptly ended the conversation.

#1723 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Often times this translates into double money!

15k for the CE, plus
15k for the wife for the yes.

#1724 1 year ago

When your last game had issues but the new hype is too strong.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#1725 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Quick math and money conversion, thats $9.97 per gallon! Ouch is right. Cost to fill my Escalade would be $309.07!

yup. and this is with some taxes temporary reduced.

#1726 1 year ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

When your last game had issues but the new hype is too strong. [quoted image]

That’s some funny shit

#1727 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

200 CE's
Beat me by 45 seconds LTG

Adding 75 my mistake.. But, still RARE!!

#1728 1 year ago

Sorry if it has been answered before. Will CE be built before LEs?

#1729 1 year ago
Quoted from JDHHoover:

4 pops?
[quoted image]

So an Addam's Family-type pop bumper garden with a shoot-through?

#1730 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

No

#1731 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I doubt it. That has never happened to my knowledge, they do them after a few months on the LE line. Sometimes many months.

#1732 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:Sorry if it has been answered before. Will CE be built before LEs?

I they used to build all the standard editions and then move onto the CEs. If they decided not to do the SE model then they will definitely do some LEs first.

#1733 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So an Addam's Family-type pop bumper garden with a shoot-through?

Doesn't look so. Four (instead of Addam's Familys 5) bumper placed in the back right of the playfield.

#1734 1 year ago

How long do you think it will take website to sell out of CEs? 30 minutes?

#1735 1 year ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Doesn't look so. Four (instead of Addam's Familys 5) bumper placed in the back right of the playfield.

Maybe it's an orbit shoot-through? 4 seems like such a waste of real-estate.

#1736 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Adding 75 my mistake.. But, still RARE!!

I had also heard only 150ish DI CE's so pretty damn rare as well.

#1738 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

150ish DI CE is right

And with a cut off date.
Crazy in hindsight now, wish they would have made more.

#1739 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

And with a cut off date.
Crazy in hindsight now, wish they would have made more.

That CE was really small levels of bling difference though, so demand was not as high.
The CE's have been upping their game a little each time and demand seems to follow.

Pirates CE: Different art/playfield package, radcals, motorized topper
Wonka CE: Different art/playfield (sparkle) package, radcals, topper, under-cabinet lighting, signature plate, custom callouts
Guns CE: Different art/playfield (sparkle) package, radcals, topper with speaker system, under-cabinet lighting, rear-cabinet lighting, signature card, signed drumsticks, Coma lock mech

#1740 1 year ago

DI will never be topped!

#1741 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That CE was really small levels of bling difference though, so demand was not as high.
The CE's have been upping their game a little each time and demand seems to follow.
Pirates CE: Different art/playfield package, radcals, motorized topper
Wonka CE: Different art/playfield (sparkle) package, radcals, topper, under-cabinet lighting, signature plate, custom callouts
Guns CE: Different art/playfield (sparkle) package, radcals, topper with speaker system, under-cabinet lighting, rear-cabinet lighting, signature card, signed drumsticks, Coma lock mech

Ya, no more jackets and dinners.

#1742 1 year ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

I had also heard only 150ish DI CE's so pretty damn rare as well.

Very true. I think any CE 500 or below is decent and rare. Not 1,000.

#1743 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So you have plenty of TAFG to sell us all so we can all have one?

I think JJP should wait until they have all their CE orders, make that many and 100 more to stop the flippers destroying the hobby. This way everyone that wants a CE gets one and this removes the incentive for the flippers.

#1744 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Demand is a huge factor though.

There are 1000 GZLEs and 4 for sale right now (with a $17k average price)

There are 1000 RushLEs and 10 for sale right now (with a $12k average price)

One could easily argue that 1000 was too few for GZ and too many for Rush.

#1745 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think JJP should wait until they have all their CE orders, make that many and 100 more to stop the flippers destroying the hobby. This way everyone that wants a CE gets one and this removes the incentive for the flippers.

It certainly would end the flipping, it’s actually a good idea

#1746 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

DI will never be topped!

And only 1600 produced. Some day they might fetch a decent price.

#1747 1 year ago

Dialed in is such an amazing Pin. Love mine so much

#1748 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

In another word, you already got a CE secured with your dealer, didn’t you? Lol

#1749 1 year ago

Unless I misunderstood, JJP is selling CEs direct too, right?

So why is everyone worked up over this? They aren’t gone…yet.

Sure it will be a launch day scramble but it’s premature to whine don’t you think?

#1750 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Quoted from Damonator:

Demand is a huge factor though.
There are 1000 GZLEs and 4 for sale right now (with a $17k average price)
There are 1000 RushLEs and 10 for sale right now (with a $12k average price)
One could easily argue that 1000 was too few for GZ and too many for Rush.

Quoted from gprotein:

In another word, you already got a CE secured with your dealer, didn’t you? Lol

These are all good points. I am just giving my thoughts on it. Thats all. Does not mean i am right or wrong. AND NO, I DO NOT HAVE A CE LINED UP.. I am not getting one..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/35?hl=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.