(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 121.
#1551 1 year ago

Those of you hating on high gas prices may enjoy the EV thread...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread/page/30#post-6971695

#1552 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

$9.60 in Mendocino, California....

Damn. Stop driving and drink more of that Mendocino wine instead.

#1553 1 year ago

Some random poster on Twitter saying reveal on Tuesday.....

#1554 1 year ago

To each their own, but I wouldn't drive an EV if u gave it to me.....I'm big on gas guzzlers (I have a Landcruiser)....although seems like every other house has a Tesla around here.

#1555 1 year ago

My wife had an all electric and then a hybrid. We loved the electric and hated the hybrid. I was trying to hold out until there was an electric Odyssey or at least the hybrid that's rumored to be imminent, but our 2008 was too many miles and too many repairs needed, so we had to get a 2022 and stick with gas for it. As soon as car supply eases up, we'll be getting another all electric for my wife. Electric cars are definitely the future.

#1556 1 year ago

Wait til everyone drives an EV, you'll see about high electricity prices

#1558 1 year ago

Jersey Jack liked a comment on their Facebook post stating "CE sold out" and another few referencing Toy Story

#1559 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Jersey Jack liked a comment on their Facebook post stating "CE sold out"

Sold out from distributors but not the online sale direct from JJP.

#1560 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Jersey Jack liked a comment on their Facebook post stating "CE sold out" and another few referencing Toy Story

And that "sell out" assumes the CE price:quantity ratio is within reason.

#1561 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

And that "sell out" assumes the CE price:quantity ratio is within reason.

...and that the game actually looks fun of course. I was stoked about buying a Rob Zombie right up to the reveal video.

#1562 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

Wait til everyone drives an EV, you'll see about high electricity prices

And blackout days where only even or odd house addresses can charge to save on energy.

#1563 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

To each their own, but I wouldn't drive an EV if u gave it to me.....I'm big on gas guzzlers (I have a Landcruiser)....although seems like every other house has a Tesla around here.

Rivians are pretty impressive, like an EV Landcruiser, only way faster and better driving dynamics. Electric F150 Lightning is looking great too.

#1564 1 year ago

I presume this is already in there. "Coal powered" doesn't sound as virtuous:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1534534390029733889

#1565 1 year ago

Drive what you want, back to talking about how bad JJP playfields are!!

#1566 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Yes please, already a thread on gas/EVs:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread/page/30#post-6971695

#1567 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

They have been problematic, but didn't seem to affect the value of my Pirates games, or GnRCE, at least not below msrp on that one. If they come in with 1000 CEs at $15k, I'm not sure how it will go, but never bought pinball machines as an investment anyhow.

#1568 1 year ago

So I put my bet on a big mech in the middle left of the playfield, apparently no subway.

There's 2 jst connectors under the shooting lane, below the light board. I don't think I've ever seen that,

#1569 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

So I put my bet on a big mech in the middle left of the playfield, apparently no subway.
There's 2 jst connectors under the shooting lane, below the light board. I don't think I've ever seen that,

Crap, didn't even think about the apparent lack of a subway. That's definitely interesting considering how many of his games utilize them.

#1570 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

I was hoping for a lower playfield being the working crane game.

#1571 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

And blackout days where only even or odd house addresses can charge to save on energy.

Solar with local storage is plenty to make this a non-issue in sunny states.

#1572 1 year ago

Mr.Potato Head creeping in the background?

68E36C99-16B7-4569-BF57-AFAFE51A210A (resized).jpeg68E36C99-16B7-4569-BF57-AFAFE51A210A (resized).jpeg
#1573 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

stoked about buying a Rob Zombie right up to the reveal video.

I love my Rob Zombie. It’s far from perfect but it’s a rockin’ ass kicker. Surprisingly, even to me, it’s not leaving my collection.

#1574 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Mr.Potato Head creeping in the background?
[quoted image]

Whoa, that's a nice find!

#1575 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

[quoted image]

Dang!! I subscribed to their channel and I was notified. Huh…

Boy oh boy! I’m ready for this.

Rumor next game designed by Pat Lawlor: Check.
Clue maybe it’s a TS theme: Check (to the person who found Me. potato head).:..

I know I’m gonna like this game.

#1576 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

The national average price for gasoline hit a $5/gallon for the first time in history this week. The vast majority of Americans, including those working in factories making things such as pinball machines, are being absolutely crushed by that and food prices. I honestly don't understand your assessment about a "mild" recession.

Allow me to explain and you can still disagree if you like:

1) talking about absolute prices is not applicable for comparing to history due to inflation- particularly gasoline. Compared to the last time gas was high, what kind of mileage were people getting? How far were they driving? More or less? We’re gas stations more ubiquitous and closer? We’re more stores closer? Did they have as great a chance of working or attending school remotely? $5 is just a nice number that’s easy to write about and get clicks.

2) mild meaning short lived in the technical sense of the definition of recession. I believe flat/growth returns shortly after due to basic supply and demand. There is an invisible hand in place that will prevent too deep/long of a recession. That’s all I mean by mild. Yes pain OF COURSE, but not breadlines.

I’m not saying things are perfect, just saying I don’t believe the doom gloom scenarios. Things will level out and all the while those of typing on a pinball hobby forum will extraordinarily likely be fine and in most cases more than fine.

#1577 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Allow me to explain and you can still disagree if you like:
1) talking about absolute prices is not applicable for comparing to history due to inflation- particularly gasoline. Compared to the last time gas was high, what kind of mileage were people getting? How far were they driving? More or less? We’re gas stations more ubiquitous and closer? We’re more stores closer? Did they have as great a chance of working or attending school remotely? $5 is just a nice number that’s easy to write about and get clicks.
2) mild meaning short lived in the technical sense of the definition of recession. I believe flat/growth returns shortly after due to basic supply and demand. There is an invisible hand in place that will prevent too deep/long of a recession. That’s all I mean by mild. Yes pain OF COURSE, but not breadlines.
I’m not saying things are perfect, just saying I don’t believe the doom gloom scenarios. Things will level out and all the while those of typing on a pinball hobby forum will extraordinarily likely be fine and in most cases more than fine.

What?

#1579 1 year ago

I think what they are saying is look at:

Cost per mile adjusted for inflation and factoring in average miles driven.

#1580 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Dealer just offered me a CE at 25k. No joke.
Wow

ben.gifben.gif
#1581 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Rivians are pretty impressive, like an EV Landcruiser, only way faster and better driving dynamics. Electric F150 Lightning is looking great too.

When u need to pull a boat / trailer, and take it into the wilderness it's kinda hard to rely on an EV although the F150 lightning is a pretty impressive truck.

#1582 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Dealer just offered me a CE at 25k. No joke.
Wow

Are you naming names??

#1583 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Sold out from distributors but not the online sale direct from JJP.

One positive thing is JJP learned from the GNRCE shit show. I wonder how many games JJP held back and are selling direct? Hopefully its quite a few so people have a real chance of picking one up day 1.

#1584 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

One positive thing is JJP learned from the GNRCE shit show. I wonder how many games JJP held back and are selling direct? Hopefully its quite a few so people have a real chance of picking one up day 1.

I think it will be either 250 or 500. I can’t see it being anymore than 500, but I’m not basing that on anything other than common sense and common sense doesn’t always dictate in the world of pinball.

#1585 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

When u need to pull a boat / trailer, and take it into the wilderness it's kinda hard to rely on an EV although the F150 lightning is a pretty impressive truck.

Speaking of mileage…boats. Ugh.

#1586 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I think it will be either 250 or 500. I can’t see it being anymore than 500, but I’m not basing that on anything other than common sense and common sense doesn’t always dictate in the world of pinball.

If they only do 250 or even 500 CE’s, I think they are leaving a ton of money on the table.

#1587 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

If they only do 250 or even 500 CE’s, I think they are leaving a ton of money on the table.

That was my thought on the number of CEs JJP will sell direct and not the total number of CEs sold.

#1588 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

That was my thought on the number of CEs JJP will sell direct and not the total number of CEs sold.

So…30 minutes to an hour of sales eh?

#1589 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

So…30 minutes to an hour of sales eh?

I think they are going to be gone in 10 minutes.

#1590 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Clearly JJP is better off selling direct although they need to keep their network happy. If they held back that many its a good sign for people who really want the CE

#1591 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I think they are going to be gone in 10 minutes.

Have to factor in website issues.

#1592 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

They built 500 GNR CE's and they sold out day 1.....my guess is they will double the number in order to maximize profits.

#1593 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Have to factor in website issues.

Haha. Fair point. Seems like a website crash would be par for the course. Good call!

#1594 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

$9.60 in Mendocino, California....

Should have filled your bathtub with gas when it was only $5. and use it now

#1595 1 year ago

Word on the street is there's a dealers meeting on Tuesday....

Teaser Monday, full reveal Tuesday would be my newest guess (until that comes and goes and I have yet *another* guess after that!)

#1596 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They built 500 GNR CE's and they sold out day 1.....my guess is they will double the number in order to maximize profits.

I think the number of CEs is a delicate subject. If they make too many CEs, they may not sell as quickly as they think. I guess what I’m saying is a lot of people are willing to drop $15,000 on something that is truly limited, such as 500 units. However, if they make 1,000 units or more, they aren’t as limited which may impact sales. It’s a psychological game with the buyers.

#1597 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I would think they could announce 1000 Toy Story CE's and they would still sell out in a day. Demand for this one will be massive. Not a theme I am interested in but I am a huge Lawlor fan so I will absolutely shove cash into these when I see them on location. Also hoping that this will get some Dialed In machines moving in the market, it's been at the top of my want list for a while now.

#1598 1 year ago

Wish I could upvote this more than once

#1599 1 year ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I would think they could announce 1000 Toy Story CE's and they would still sell out in a day. Demand for this one will be massive. Not a theme I am interested in but I am a huge Lawlor fan so I will absolutely shove cash into these when I see them on location. Also hoping that this will get some Dialed In machines moving in the market, it's been at the top of my want list for a while now.

Toy Story 1 came out in 1995...perfect number for CEs?

#1600 1 year ago

ENHANCE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/32?hl=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.