(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,987 posts
  • 659 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by explosiveegg
  • Topic is favorited by 127 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
Schermafbeelding 2022-07-19 193844 (resized).jpg
giphy (5).gif

There are 5,987 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 120.
#1501 68 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Pretty sure it was the last pinball show podcast .
https://www.podbean.com/ea/pb-cbw3g-124499c
Also on YouTube

Listened quickly but didn’t hear that hint.

#1502 68 days ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I just wish their was some blowback to their bottom line so they would realize that is now way for them to run their business.

I've come to learn that for individuals their true colors come through when they are in trouble but oddly the opposite is true for businesses. So, many companies that drew flushes during the pandemic proceeded to treat their customers and employees terribly. I'd like to believe that karma and the free market will catch up with them.

#1503 68 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

All reasons why, despite wanting TS for years, I’m out at release. If JJP shows that things are different, I’ll look at getting one next year. But there are too many with short memories or FOMO that will gladly take the slots of those voting with their wallets that it won’t make a difference or offer any incentive for JJP to change.

And, like you, I’m now all in on a Cactus Canyon. There are enough good pinball manufacturers out there who actually care about customer service and quality builds for me to leave JJP behind and put my pinball money elsewhere.

#1504 68 days ago

JJP essentially gave us the middle finger with GNR: raising the price twice mid-run,

At least they honoured people who had their deposits in , unlike Stern who cancelled your order and made you reorder again at the higher price , no matter how long you had been waiting .

#1505 68 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

At least they honoured people who had their deposits in , unlike Stern who cancelled your order and made you reorder again at the higher price , no matter how long you had been waiting .

Yup. And that’s why I haven’t bought a Stern since 2004.

#1506 68 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

All reasons why, despite wanting TS for years, I’m out at release. If JJP shows that things are different, I’ll look at getting one next year. But there are too many with short memories or FOMO that will gladly take the slots of those voting with their wallets that it won’t make a difference or offer any incentive for JJP to change.

If u like the game just wait a year, and pick up a nice HUO one that u can inspect. My guess is JJP will increase the LE even more, which isn't sustainable so my guess is you'll see them at a heavy discount on the secondary market.

#1507 68 days ago

People are starting to get even more worried about the economy after the Thursday friday stock market, i believe it will be bloody this Monday, perfect time to release a new overpriced game. Glad the CEs sold out for them, but that wont carry the company, unless of course its a tax shelter for a bunch of corporate investors then it really doesn’t matter

#1509 68 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not to go into panic mode, but the new pin market is softening. I see 16 GZ premiums for sale above msrp. I have no doubt all will sell, but today they sit. Still possible to buy one in $10.5-11k range and many are available to ship. Many people don’t mind paying a premium to get it now.

#1510 68 days ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Not to go into panic mode, but the new pin market is softening. I see 16 GZ premiums for sale above msrp. I have no doubt all will sell, but today they sit. Still possible to buy one in $10.5-11k range and many are available to ship. Many people don’t mind paying a premium to get it now.

I had a distributor offer me one @ 10k the other day. Even though 1k over MSRP is considered reasonable, the dealer (who I've never done business with) asked me to Paypal him the money with no invoice and no mention about what the 10k was for (when paying with "friends and family" to avoid insurance). No thanks.

One advantage of being a 20-year veteran of this hobby is I've learned when I'm patient, the games have a way of finding me. That's what happened to me on Rush LE...turned down an offer of 12.5k 6-months ago and recently picked up one from a collector friend NIB for roughly MSRP. Really love the game more than I expected.

Looking forward to seeing JJP's reveal. I've only owned 2 of their games (GNRLE, DILE) and neither were keepers for me.

#1511 68 days ago

Yup. And that’s why I haven’t bought a Stern since 2004.

What will you do when CGC pisses you off,turn to Haggis?I have no problem with people making a point that their dissatisfied with JJP but it gets old when I read the same post over and over by the same people!
I’m mean we understand that yourself and a few others will never give them another penny of your hard earned monies.We got it already!

#1512 68 days ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

People are starting to get even more worried about the economy after the Thursday friday stock market, i believe it will be bloody this Monday, perfect time to release a new overpriced game. Glad the CEs sold out for them, but that wont carry the company, unless of course its a tax shelter for a bunch of corporate investors then it really doesn’t matter

The amount and consistency of fear and panic leads me to believe the worst is over. People with money still have plenty as far as I can see, and in most cases are probably better off than pre pandemic. Demand for our hobby is thru the roof. There are more people, with more money and bigger houses. The game will sell extraordinarily well, and absent a nuclear war, our markets/economy will be fine after possibly a mild “recession”. Just my opinion. I look forward to once again seeing if I will be owning my first JJP.

#1513 68 days ago

Dealer just offered me a CE at 25k. No joke.

Wow

#1514 68 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow

If this is already happening get ready to grab popcorn earlier than we thought!
So much for insanity ending?

#1515 68 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow

Yup. Bet it was the same as the one I posted about this morning.

#1516 68 days ago
Quoted from insight75:I just received a response from a distributor that they have 1 more CE available. Only $24,999. lol

Quoted from delt31:

Wow

My source must hate me with the 100k want it or not option.

#1517 68 days ago
Screenshot_20220611-134417_Facebook (resized).jpg
#1518 68 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

[quoted image]

What's the coil count

#1519 68 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:What's the coil count

I was going to say. Someone please dissect this for me

#1520 68 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow

Willing to name them?

#1521 68 days ago

I agree with the posts about the economy. Good timing for them to get this release out before things go too far south $$$ wise. Looking forward to checking the pin out. Interested in the CE but will not pay absurd flip prices to get one. I saw the FB post from this AM showing Pat, i bet they start ramping up teaser posts and pics and announce it in a week or so.

#1522 68 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What's the coil count

More than Stern games!

#1523 68 days ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Listened quickly but didn’t hear that hint.

I had a look for you , there's one mention at 24:50 , also remember Zach saying him and Greg were going to film something , I listen to all the podcasts and they all blur into one .

#1524 68 days ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Willing to name them?

Not going to name - just not my style but they’ve been added to my never buy from list. I can understand some increase but I have zero tolerance for distributors up charging that much. The best is when distributors upcharge and defend it by saying they just received it as NIB trade in. Yeah right. Guy trades in their NIB Godzilla LE For another game at msrp? Gtfo.

The craziness will die down and hopefully customers remember the ones who played by the rules and the ones who didn’t.

#1525 68 days ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

The amount and consistency of fear and panic leads me to believe the worst is over. People with money still have plenty as far as I can see, and in most cases are probably better off than pre pandemic. Demand for our hobby is thru the roof. There are more people, with more money and bigger houses. The game will sell extraordinarily well, and absent a nuclear war, our markets/economy will be fine after possibly a mild “recession”. Just my opinion. I look forward to once again seeing if I will be owning my first JJP.

The national average price for gasoline hit a $5/gallon for the first time in history this week. The vast majority of Americans, including those working in factories making things such as pinball machines, are being absolutely crushed by that and food prices. I honestly don't understand your assessment about a "mild" recession.

#1526 68 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

[quoted image]

Waiting for someone smarter than me in pinball to break all of the parts down and what we could be looking at!

#1527 68 days ago

My two cents here (not that anybody asked for it)…it really bothers me to see JJP rewarded for treating its customers like shit on their last game. I’m not a JJP hater or anything. I’m a happy owner of an LE POTC. It’s just that everyone seems to be falling all over themselves for this game, forgetting that JJP essentially gave us the middle finger with GNR: raising the price twice mid-run, giving mostly useless assistance on the playfield issues, changing their warranty policy, not responding to maintenance requests, etc.

That's not forget Jack blaming GnR owners for the playfield issues lol!

#1528 68 days ago

Why would one playfield have green coils and the other green?

#1529 68 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Waiting for someone smarter than me in pinball to break all of the parts down and what we could be looking at!

That's exactly what I said! Looking forward to the Zapruder-level dissection of that photo

#1530 68 days ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Why would one playfield have green coils and the other green?

Because they're the same ?

#1531 68 days ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Willing to name them?

A good way to dissuade this type of crap would be to name the distributor…

#1532 68 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow

It's stuff like this that makes me not trust these dealers. Or anyone at all.

#1533 68 days ago
Quoted from orthopimp:

A good way to dissuade this type of crap would be to name the distributor…

*Chanting*

Name, them!
Name, them!
Name, them!

#1534 68 days ago

Can anyone read this or tell if its playfield layout?

wall (resized).jpg
#1535 68 days ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Gasoline hit a $5/gallon for the first time in history this week. The vast majority of Americans, including those working in factories making things such as pinball machines, are being absolutely crushed by that and food prices. I honestly don't understand your assessment about a "mild" recession.

Only $5 where you are? It's over $6 here in CA, some of the full service stations it's close to $7.

#1536 68 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Only $5 where you are? It's over $6 here in CA, some of the full service stations it's close to $7.

National average of $5 for the first time in history. I'll edit my post.

#1537 68 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$9.60 in Mendocino, California....

#1538 68 days ago
Quoted from kapaun:

[quoted image]

Definitely a playfield assembly guide for that station. Can't read the heading, though.

#1539 68 days ago
Quoted from kapaun:

[quoted image]

Good find. This is the kind of detective work I'm talking about, people!

Possible bash toy in the center?

#1540 68 days ago
Quoted from kapaun:

[quoted image]

Looks like a map, with "STORE" in red, so I guess you navigate to the store?

#1541 68 days ago
Quoted from koji:

Looks like a map, with "STORE" in red, so I guess you navigate to the store?

Like Al’s Toy Barn maybe or the antique store?

#1542 68 days ago

An attempt to bring out the layout a bit better, someone smarter/with better tools than I can probably clear up the text.

better (resized).png
#1543 68 days ago
Quoted from paulbmathews:

Like Al’s Toy Barn maybe or the antique store?

I really hope Al's Toy Barn isn't a centerpiece toy on this one....

#1545 68 days ago

Are we expecting the playfield to represent a single location? Andy’s room, Toy Barn, Daycare, or carnival/town from TS4 (with antique store)

#1546 68 days ago
Quoted from APfan1:

$9.60 in Mendocino, California....

That's ridiculous. If I lived there, I'd make the short jaunt up to Fort Bragg 20 minutes away and fill up for $5.99.

#1547 68 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's ridiculous. If I lived there, I'd make the short jaunt up to Fort Bragg 20 minutes away and fill up for $5.99.

I hoping it's just someone price gouging. And that they are dealt with swiftly and painfully.

#1548 68 days ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Are we expecting the playfield to represent a single location? Andy’s room, Toy Barn, Daycare, or carnival/town from TS4 (with antique store)

Carnival seems most likely scenario, but if there's a dumb ferris wheel for balls I will be breaking something. One of the worst features of Cyclone.

#1549 68 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Gas has always been high in California due to all the excess taxes. That being said I have never seen anything approaching $9/gallon. The highest I've seen in the Bay Area is $6.80....I filled up yesterday for $6 /gallon

#1550 68 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Gas has always been high in California due to all the excess taxes. That being said I have never seen anything approaching $9/gallon. The highest I've seen in the Bay Area is $6.80....I filled up yesterday for $6 /gallon

I just filled up for 4.69 in Florida

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 23.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
$ 104.00
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 5,987 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!