(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 121.
#1451 1 year ago

Damn… guess now that business hours are over for central/east coast no teaser.

Guess it’s another week waiting…

#1452 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Damn… guess now that business hours are over for central/east coast no teaser.
Guess it’s another week waiting…

Yeah, that's a bummer. Was really hoping for at least a teaser today.

#1453 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Says the guy posting 6 times a day for the last 6 years. Lol.
I know personally how much time it takes to maintain that ratio and it equals a lot of time.

And your point is? I’m an active member but I don’t take notes on what people like yourself say. I’m not a follower - just stating what I see and move on. Or I’ll ask for tech advice or provide where I can.

So yes, I love pinball and enjoy pinside. Add that to your list as you continue stalking me.

#1454 1 year ago

"people like me" is everyone who posts on pinside. Reading comprehension is not your strength, I get it.

#1455 1 year ago

On the topic of CE purchase fairness - I think that JJP should do something similar to what they did with Hobbit Smaug gold. Give a date, or even end of day 1 these days, and say order a CE by this date to get one. Then just make that number of CEs. People who really want one will get one. Less flipping likely.

Just an opinion.

#1456 1 year ago

Who wants to fight! Let’s do this!

09C98D30-4C6B-4159-9C35-379E9DE88504.gif09C98D30-4C6B-4159-9C35-379E9DE88504.gif
#1457 1 year ago

Pintastic? Also, my local distributor is already out of stock on an unreleased game.

#1458 1 year ago
Quoted from nothans:

Pintastic? Also, my local distributor is already out of stock on an unreleased game.

unannounced*

#1459 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Who wants to fight! Let’s do this!
[quoted image]

I love this!Could someone more tech savvy then me slow this down alittle and put it side by side with Will Smith and his friend Chris Rock?

#1460 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

"people like me" is everyone who posts on pinside. Reading comprehension is not your strength, I get it.

No I’ve updated to make it clear that trolls like you is who I’m referring to. You have nothing better to do with your boring life but try to stir something up on a pinball forum. But continue stalking me - the jealousy is obvious. Nothing but pity for chumps like you. I’m sure life sucks enough - no need to further embarrass yourself.

And please spare us with your predictable it’s me not you response. Guys like you are a dime a dozen here and are a complete waste of time so I’ll take one for the team and ask you just pm me…. so I can continue further ignore you bc last word from me on this

Back to the topic at hand. Excited to see the reveal hopefully early this week. I thought a teaser today so maybe full reveal will be later next week.

#1461 1 year ago

Just want to say I feel grateful to live in an era to have multiple companies making awesome titles that drop every few months and to be in the financial position to afford them. Then trade them with fellow pinheads. It's a magical time to be in this hobby.
I asked my distro (the best in the world if you're reading this Joe! ) 2 years ago to put me on day 1 CE list and still hopeful to get one. It will be a keeper to sit alongside my beautiful Lawlor WW CE.

#1462 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

No I’ve updated to make it clear that trolls like you is who I’m referring to. You have nothing better to do with your boring life but try to stir something up on a pinball forum. But continue stalking me - the jealousy is obvious. Nothing but pity for chumps like you. I’m sure life sucks enough - no need to further embarrass yourself.
And please spare us with your predictable it’s me not you response. Guys like you are a dime a dozen here and are a complete waste of time so I’ll take one for the team and ask you just pm me…. so I can continue further ignore you bc last word from me on this
Back to the topic at hand. Excited to see the reveal hopefully early this week. I thought a teaser today so maybe full reveal will be later next week.

I'm licking my wounds.

#1463 1 year ago

So, most likely this coming Monday?

#1464 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If you are wondering whether the Toy Story movies are done …. Toy Story 5 is already in the works and will be released next year. Toy Story 6 is the finale and it is being conceptualized. That one might take 5-10 years before coming out, but it should keep this franchise “fresh” through 2030. Now, who plans to buy the Forky version?

There has nothing but speculation regarding a TOY STORY 5, let alone talk of a release next year at that.

It's okay to speculate but don't put anything down as fact until things are known or announced (unless you can post a credible source)

#1465 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

On the topic of CE purchase fairness - I think that JJP should do something similar to what they did with Hobbit Smaug gold. Give a date, or even end of day 1 these days, and say order a CE by this date to get one. Then just make that number of CEs. People who really want one will get one. Less flipping likely.
Just an opinion.

What’s the point of that? Just make one edition and sell it that way unlimited if you are going to do that.

JJP and Stern know that. It’s why they create an LE/CE edition, so that they can charge MORE for something “limited”

People always want something for less. Human nature

Furthermore, as evidenced by the non stop JJP bashing who knew there would be such overwhelming demand for this new release?

Sight unseen

#1466 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Just want to say I feel grateful to live in an era to have multiple companies making awesome titles that drop every few months and to be in the financial position to afford them. Then trade them with fellow pinheads. It's a magical time to be in this hobby.
I asked my distro (the best in the world if you're reading this Joe! ) 2 years ago to put me on day 1 CE list and still hopeful to get one. It will be a keeper to sit alongside my beautiful Lawlor WW CE.

This kind of positivity isn’t appropriate for pinside

But hell yeh man- I’m diggin the magic!! JJP is 7 for 7 IMO. TS gonna be fantastic in its own way.

#1467 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/551#post-6969736

^more credence to the no SE rumor, assuming the distributor is in the know

#1468 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What’s the point of that? Just make one edition and sell it that way unlimited if you are going to do that.
JJP and Stern know that. It’s why they create an LE/CE edition, so that they can charge MORE for something “limited”
People always want something for less. Human nature
Furthermore, as evidenced by the non stop JJP bashing who knew there would be such overwhelming demand for this new release?
Sight unseen

Hobbit Smaug Gold is what started the CE for JJP. They gave customers a choice with a short time-line on ordering the more expensive model. I chose LE regular back then. Don't regret it. They can still have 5000 LEs. Give the customer base the choice of what they want. More profit for JJP as well. I know this won't change JJPs philosophy, but Jack got it right with the Hobbit strategy in my opinion. Just an opinion.

#1469 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Hobbit Smaug Gold is what started the CE for JJP. They gave customers a choice with a short time-line on ordering the more expensive model. I chose LE regular back then. Don't regret it. They can still have 5000 LEs. Give the customer base the choice of what they want. More profit for JJP as well. I know this won't change JJPs philosophy, but Jack got it right with the Hobbit strategy in my opinion. Just an opinion.

I bought an original WOZ ECLE for $6500 and canceled my Hobbit after the problems JJP had and the “evolution” of that game

A 5k “LE” run is NOT limited.

Either you serve the “collector market” or you don’t.

All of these companies are pushing the limits and risk bastardizing the whole process

Can’t charge what they want to charge with unlimited runs. That simple. If they could they would. Same with Stern

#1470 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

This kind of positivity isn’t appropriate for pinside
But hell yeh man- I’m diggin the magic!! JJP is 7 for 7 IMO. TS gonna be fantastic in its own way.

I love the JJP magic too, I just wish they could nail another theme that resonates with me as well as Hobbit. Toy Story has potential but there are just so many directions they could go - I really hope they pull it off.

A JJP Matrix, Harry Potter or Star Wars would be a dream come true.

#1471 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I bought an original WOZ ECLE for $6500 and canceled my Hobbit after the problems JJP had and the “evolution” of that game
All of these companies are pushing the limits and risk bastardizing the whole process
Can’t charge what they want to charge with unlimited runs. That simple. If they could they would. Same with Stern

It would be a interesting survey to see if people that are serious about ordering a CE (and willing to put down a deposit on a $15k pin, and not a flipper) if they really care if the CE is 500 units or 1000, knowing that they could miss out if it's 500. Stern customers that sell out the larger LE quantities don't seem to care. No big deal or controversy. Just let your customer base buy what they want. I will let it go and just agree to disagree.

#1472 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm licking my wounds.

Just my two cents here but I’d give it some time and then contact delt via pm and see if you guys can work it out maybe later on. He’s an asset to this hobby, this forum, and pinside in general.

#1473 1 year ago

Just an observation.... Looking back at YouTube videos from JJP it looks like they like to post new title videos on Mondays.

#1474 1 year ago
Quoted from NOrbit:

Just an observation.... Looking back at YouTube videos from JJP it looks like they like to post new title videos on Mondays.

What is your YouTube proof?? Give us dates and titles.

#1475 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

What is your YouTube proof?? Give us dates and titles.

GNR Oct 5, 2020
WW Apr 15, 2019
Did not check anything else.
Couldn't tell you about JJP other social media announcements.

#1476 1 year ago
Quoted from NOrbit:

GNR Oct 5, 2020
WW Apr 15, 2019
Did not check anything else.
Couldn't tell you about JJP other social media announcements.

Now that’s some good research. I could see teaser coming on Monday. Same week as Lightyear release in theaters. Piggyback off the movie publicity.

#1477 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

My distro contacted me asking if I still wanted a CE.
Between not seeing the game, not knowing if it's based on the entire franchise or just TS4 and the Mirco mess, I passed.
If the game looks fun and the playfield issues are resolved, I'll jump in later on an LE. For me, it's best just to wait.

Ditto

#1478 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You say this like there are some rules regarding „limited“ or „collectors“ editions. Is this really true? I suppose a rule could be if they say an edition is „limited“ to a certain number of units, then they should stick to that, but I reckon there are ways around that - like introducing a further limited edition. I interpret your remark „bastardizing“ the whole process as irritating the customers (maybe to such an extent that sales decrease). Is that a danger? Honest questions, I do not know.

From my point of view, I see the „limited“ editions is a way to maximize margins on sold units and to optimize (probably maximize) number of units built. Ideally this strategy will delight customers and minimize the number of frustrated customers. It‘s a balancing act. What is the best strategy when you consider the interests of the manufacturer first?

#1479 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

^more credence to the no SE rumor, assuming the distributor is in the know

5 GNR SE's came to Australia .

#1480 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I could see teaser coming on Monday. Same week as Lightyear release in theaters. Piggyback off the movie publicity.

To me , it sounded like Zach was hinting that SDTM
would be filming their promo video this weekend .

#1481 1 year ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Just my two cents here but I’d give it some time and then contact delt via pm and see if you guys can work it out maybe later on. He’s an asset to this hobby, this forum, and pinside in general.

Keep your change and buy some condoms.

#1482 1 year ago

Did anyone go as far as emailing all the distributors on the JJP list? I have a local friend, who's new to the hobby,he's really hot to get a CE. I told him to follow the JJP guide & get on the email blast and that would be his best chance. Would he be wasting time emailing everyone on the list? Has anyone tried that? I know most of the bigger dealers are booked.

Also if you are a dealer who has a spot, I can put you in direct contact with him.

#1483 1 year ago

How do you get on the JJP mail blast?

#1484 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

How do you get on the JJP mail blast?

go to the website and sign up for the newsletter

#1485 1 year ago

Steve, you’re a good guy! Keep on keeping it real!

#1486 1 year ago

Wonder if JJP will try to stuff a strawberry scented Lotso under the glass. If they do, he’d better have animated eyebrows.

C93C77F8-AE7A-4E7C-838E-B3DADF2C9236.jpegC93C77F8-AE7A-4E7C-838E-B3DADF2C9236.jpeg

#1487 1 year ago

At the end of multiball the center drain becomes the incinerator chute, the balls magnetize together and your flippers turn off. All 4 balls “hold hands” give up and go sdtm, Toy Story 3 style.

#1488 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

There has nothing but speculation regarding a TOY STORY 5, let alone talk of a release next year at that.
It's okay to speculate but don't put anything down as fact until things are known or announced (unless you can post a credible source)

Release schedule for TS5 is understood by all. Hits theaters 6 months ahead of dvd release.

1B768DD6-40D8-4AF1-ABD8-5AAB8136FCA1.jpeg1B768DD6-40D8-4AF1-ABD8-5AAB8136FCA1.jpeg
#1489 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

To me , it sounded like Zach was hinting that SDTM
would be filming their promo video this weekend .

That’s great. Where did you see this?

#1490 1 year ago

I just received a response from a distributor that they have 1 more CE available. Only $24,999. lol

#1491 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I just received a response from a distributor that they have 1 more CE available. Only $24,999. lol

And the insanity has started. No. Just no.
And yet it’ll probably be sold by Monday.

#1492 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And the insanity has started. No. Just no.
And yet it’ll probably be sold by Monday.

But it comes with free delivery and a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty.....

#1493 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Nice. I like how many people complained about JJP selling GNR CE direct from its website, leaving many distros in the cold. This is much better…

#1494 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Let us know how many dms you get from people asking which distributor it is

#1495 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

That’s great. Where did you see this?

Pretty sure it was the last pinball show podcast .

https://www.podbean.com/ea/pb-cbw3g-124499c

Also on YouTube

#1496 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Release schedule for TS5 is understood by all. Hits theaters 6 months ahead of dvd release.[quoted image]

That's from the Disney fanon website. It's user created and not real.

https://disneyfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Toy_Story_5

#1497 1 year ago
Quoted from mozach:

That's from the Disney fanon website. It's user created and not real.
https://disneyfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Toy_Story_5

Was just about to post the same thing, pretty sure Disney has given no official word on Toy Story 5. Hanks has said he’s done with it a couple times since TS4 though, sure once was on a U.K. chat show (graham Norton)

#1498 1 year ago

My two cents here (not that anybody asked for it)…it really bothers me to see JJP rewarded for treating its customers like shit on their last game. I’m not a JJP hater or anything. I’m a happy owner of an LE POTC. It’s just that everyone seems to be falling all over themselves for this game, forgetting that JJP essentially gave us the middle finger with GNR: raising the price twice mid-run, giving mostly useless assistance on the playfield issues, changing their warranty policy, not responding to maintenance requests, etc. I don’t need to rehash all that mess. I just wish there was some blowback to their bottom line so they would realize that is no way for them to run their business. Otherwise, I think they make great games and I’d like to see them continue into the future but with more focus on customer service and quality builds. Again, that’s just my two cents.

#1499 1 year ago

I'm going for the bigger fish...

291b04eebf4ae3e74c0ea8ea9908f824 (resized).jpg291b04eebf4ae3e74c0ea8ea9908f824 (resized).jpg
#1500 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

My two cents here (not that anybody asked for it)…it really bothers me to see JJP rewarded for treating its customers like shit on their last game. I’m not a JJP hater or anything. I’m a happy owner of an LE POTC. It’s just that everyone seems to be falling all over themselves for this game, forgetting that JJP essentially gave us the middle finger with GNR: raising the price twice mid-run, giving mostly useless assistance on the playfield issues, changing their warranty policy, not responding to maintenance requests, etc. I don’t need to rehash all that mess. I just wish their was some blowback to their bottom line so they would realize that is now way for them to run their business. Otherwise, I think they make great games and I’d like to see them continue into the future but with more focus on customer service and quality builds. Again, that’s just my two cents.

All reasons why, despite wanting TS for years, I’m out at release. If JJP shows that things are different, I’ll look at getting one next year. But there are too many with short memories or FOMO that will gladly take the slots of those voting with their wallets that it won’t make a difference or offer any incentive for JJP to change.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/30?hl=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.