(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 121.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

GnR has been out for a minute now. And no Toy Story/Matrix/Avatar in site. Welp, deposit down on TBL.
I wonder if JJP will make me second guess this.

A Hogbog original Matrix would be ridiculous. Zero interest in Avatar by Eric. No interest in Lawlor on Toy Story because he's essentially out of ideas based on his last 4 pins. I can get a Roadshow for $2500 if I want some dual shooter lane talking head nostalgia (and can put up with the VERY country music).

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No interest in Lawlor on Toy Story because he's essentially out of ideas based on his last 4 pins.

Interesting to hear this take. I can’t explain why Wonka gets the most play. Both by me and the family. I wasn’t as impressed in the beginning when purchased NIB but having had it a couple years, it keeps getting better and better. Probably best for home ownership. Would think it wouldn’t do as well on location.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A Hogbog original Matrix would be ridiculous. Zero interest in Avatar by Eric. No interest in Lawlor on Toy Story because he's essentially out of ideas based on his last 4 pins. I can get a Roadshow for $2500 if I want some dual shooter lane talking head nostalgia (and can put up with the VERY country music).

Eric on Matrix would be awesome!
Slash could introduce him to Keanu
and get all assets haha.
Wonka and Dialed In are good pins
and I’ll take that $2500 Roadshow you were talking about?

#54 2 years ago

If they really are making Toy Story, that is awesome. But I hope it is based on the original film. Or maybe the first two. I could even live with the first three.

But if it's based on toy story 4, forget it.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

But if it's based on toy story 4....

Well that would be really really weird.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wonka and Dialed In are good pins

Just not for me. Dialed In, especially, got very repetitive the longer I had it.

Quoted from romulusx:

and I’ll take that $2500 Roadshow you were talking about?

There's one for $3200 right now in our area that could likely be had for close to $2500 since it is inoperable (sounds like battery damage) but otherwise looks like it's in good shape. It's not an uncommon price for that pin even in these days of pinflation.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Interesting to hear this take.

Every designer recycles elements (or mirrors whole layouts - I'm looking at you, Borg), but Keith at Stern and Eric at JJP bring an energy and new way of looking at old chestnuts of pinball design integrating them in a fresh way. Lawlor is just down to plain old recycling. It's boring to me. I'd love to be surprised by his next pin, but it will probably be what his last 4 or 5 have been - recycled "greatest hits" elements from other pins of his. Harsh I know, but based on what he's delivered it's where I'm at with his. I'd love to be surprised, though.

#58 2 years ago

I was hyped for this for a long time but now it's fading. Not sure why exactly, still think it's a great IP but less interested in having it in a collection.

The Avatar and Matrix rumors are a lot more exciting sounding to me. An Avatar CE edition could be outrageously gorgeous if done right, so many cool assets to work with, electroluminescent cabinet art, maybe some Demolition man style grips for an alternate play and scoring style, eye-tracking 3D features, KRULL style lower playfield... okay it's turning into the Homer Car now!

But if they do make Toy Story I hope it's a great game.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I was hyped for this for a long time but now it's fading. Not sure why exactly, still think it's a great IP but less interested in having it in a collection.
The Avatar and Matrix rumors are a lot more exciting sounding to me. An Avatar CE edition could be outrageously gorgeous if done right, so many cool assets to work with, electroluminescent cabinet art, maybe some Demolition man style grips for an alternate play and scoring style, eye-tracking 3D features, KRULL style lower playfield... okay it's turning into the Homer Car now!
But if they do make Toy Story I hope it's a great game.

It's fading, in my opinion, because even if it's a great layout with awesome assets, we know it will likely have a crap playfield and be priced higher than GNR. Down right depressing, to me.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Every designer recycles elements... but it will probably be what his last 4 or 5 have been - recycled "greatest hits" elements from other pins of his. Harsh I know...

I always find it amusing when people act like the recycling just started recently in their old age.
I missed what Wonka was a rip of...CSI? Not that i think it's that great or anything...hmm maybe it is CSI

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I always find it amusing when people act like the recycling just started recently in their old age.
I missed what Wonka was a rip of...CSI? Not that i think it's that great or anything...hmm maybe it is CSI

For example, there was all the hype pre-release about how amazing and revolutionary the gobstopper mech was, and it turned out to essentially be the ToM trunk. Woo. Dialed In SIM card is the Cousin It shot, etc, etc, etc. I will say that adding photo taking ability to Dialed In was fun, but that's about it. That pin is a bunch of missed opportunities.

#62 2 years ago

Quantum Theatre w/magnet
Subways,crazy magnets interactive camera modes and I dig quantum mechanic arm multiball.It’s a challenge to take two ball multiball and send them for a loop without her jammin them

#63 2 years ago

Quantum magnet is from RBION & subways certainly aren't new. My only point is AFM is WW so let's not act like they just started doing this.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Quantum magnet is from RBION & subways certainly aren't new. My only point is AFM is WW so let's not act like they just started doing this.

You know your right and I've noticed that their still using the same old metal ball.wtf?

#65 2 years ago

Get ready for at least an $11k LE price tag on the next game now that GNR LE and Wonka LE is $11k. I bet the CE for the next JJP will be $14k...

#66 2 years ago

I'm concerned that this title will suffer from lack of assets. For the love of God is it too much to ask when we pay 11-14,500 on these new JJP games. If anyone is listening over there please realize this matters.

I want to hear and see the words / music that make this license so special. And in a perfect world see and hear them at the same time.... (wonka)

I do appreciate that JJP will create a world under glass experience However I would really appreciate it if the code had some substance and was not just all multiballs as well.

This is constructive criticism. Tough love approach. Hope it helps.

I'm 100% in on a Toy Story. JJP please do not disappoint.
buzz-lightyear-no-sign-of-intelligent-life.gifbuzz-lightyear-no-sign-of-intelligent-life.gif

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well that would be really really weird.

Lol, yeah, because toy story 4 basically destroyed the whole franchise.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd love to be surprised, though.

I’d love a surprise also. Would be great to have some more excitement for any game that comes from JJP, given the issues that are occurring. Like I said, I don’t know what it is regarding Wonka, maybe the unique, kinda all-over-the-place coding? Maybe the fact that it’s hard to figure out all the rules and keep track of them (still coding)? Could be the shots? I dunno. But it keeps me coming back for sure. Your response has made me desire to look into Lawlor’s last 4-5 games (don’t know off top of my head) and see if I can get some time flipping them; compare and contrast.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

I’d love a surprise also. Would be great to have some more excitement for any game that comes from JJP, given the issues that are occurring. Like I said, I don’t know what it is regarding Wonka, maybe the unique, kinda all-over-the-place coding? Maybe the fact that it’s hard to figure out all the rules and keep track of them (still coding)? Could be the shots? I dunno. But it keeps me coming back for sure. Your response has made me desire to look into Lawlor’s last 4-5 games (don’t know off top of my head) and see if I can get some time flipping them; compare and contrast.

Dialed In or Wonka are a huge leap over the anemic BoM on his Stern stuff - CSI, Family Guy/Shrek (reskin), Nascar/Grand Prix, Ripleys, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Monopoly...basically just skip Stern stuff he did and look at NGG, Addams, Roadshow, Twilight Zone, and Funhouse from his B/W glory days.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dialed In or Wonka are a huge leap over the anemic BoM on his Stern stuff - CSI, Family Guy/Shrek (reskin), Nascar/Grand Prix, Ripleys, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Monopoly...basically just skip Stern stuff he did and look at NGG, Addams, Roadshow, Twilight Zone, and Funhouse from his B/W glory days.

Great advice! Gonna take a while for me to get bored of all those. You’ve got some hours on me. I’ll get back to you after 20,000 more posts! Ha!

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

I'm concerned that this title will suffer from lack of assets. For the love of God is it too much to ask when we pay 11-14,500 on these new JJP games. If anyone is listening over there please realize this matters.
I want to hear and see the words / music that make this license so special. And in a perfect world see and hear them at the same time.... (wonka)
I do appreciate that JJP will create a world under glass experience However I would really appreciate it if the code had some substance and was not just all multiballs as well.
This is constructive criticism. Tough love approach. Hope it helps.
I'm 100% in on a Toy Story. JJP please do not disappoint.
[quoted image]

I want Buzz to have a Spanish mode

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

I think jjPotC was much BETTER for the fact that it had limited assets. The theme integration was outstanding without leaning heavily on movie clips that will get old in weeks of home play. It's not ALWAYS the case (Stern Jurassic Park, I'm looking at you), but a great license can still be a great pin even with limited assets.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I want Buzz to have a Spanish mode

If we're going that route, I want a Japanese option, too:

In fact, make it a mode where when you hit a target or do some sequence while in the mode, it changes the callouts to other languages.

#74 2 years ago

I wouldn’t be surprised if toy story had limited movie assets (if any). They could easily go the Toy Story mania route… or use elements from some of the video games. Fwiw… those would also be equally awesome. Tons of possibilities with Toy Story…. But like everyone said… stay away from Toy Story 4

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Quantum magnet is from RBION

Uh, The Shadow did it first and better.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Uh, The Shadow did it first and better.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Every designer recycles elements (or mirrors whole layouts - I'm looking at you, Borg)....

Uh, every layout Borg had was ripped off from Lawlor and then swapped.
I thought we were talking aboot designers recycling their shit, but you just love reading yourself.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uh, every layout Borg had was ripped off from Lawlor and then swapped.
I thought we were talking aboot designers recycling their shit, but you just love reading yourself.

I only read myself when I'm quoted. So, you're right...I guess?

Yes Borg copies past stuff, too, but he also does a TON of mirrored layouts. Not sure what point you're trying to make. Lawlor copies old stuff, Borg does, too, and mirrors, as well.

#78 2 years ago

Lawlor makes great pins based on designs that work well. Internet critics are funny.

#79 2 years ago

Here is what I would throw into the ring... if JJP is starting to make more Wonka, then the next JJP game can't be very far away!

3 weeks later
#80 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Here is what I would throw into the ring... if JJP is starting to make more Wonka, then the next JJP game can't be very far away!

I hope so. Think we’ll get a view of Toy Story before Christmas?

#81 2 years ago

This could play right along with the a Toy Story speculation.

Buzz “Lightyear” prequel was just announced for release June 2022.

BC9E3B87-72C9-4778-BCDD-463E0F34356E (resized).jpegBC9E3B87-72C9-4778-BCDD-463E0F34356E (resized).jpeg
#82 2 years ago
Quoted from Matt1724:

This could play right along with the a Toy Story speculation.
Buzz “Lightyear” prequel was just announced for release June 2022.[quoted image]

I see Disney replaced Tim Allen as the voice of Buzz Lightyear.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I see Disney replaced Tim Allen as the voice of Buzz Lightyear.

Anyone know why?

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Anyone know why?

This one isn’t a “toy story”, it’s about the “real” Buzz Lightyear who the toy is supposedly based on. Not sure if they went to Tim Allen first and couldn’t make a deal or just wanted a bigger name

Edit - BuzzInBuffalo beat me to it.

#86 2 years ago

Tim Allen is not PC enough for Corporate Disney. The one and only Buzz Lightyear is Tim Allen.

#87 2 years ago

Buzz Lightyear without Buzz's voice, that movie is off to a bad start

#88 2 years ago

I can’t believe this imaginary conspiracy theory stuff is hitting a kid’s movie now. Tim Allen was never an option. The character is not the Buzz from Toy Story. The director decided to cast Captain America because he wanted to. That’s all.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can’t believe this imaginary conspiracy theory stuff is hitting a kid’s movie now.

Pillow huggers got all day to be paranoid.

#90 2 years ago

Anything interesting out of tonight's JJP Expo seminar?

#91 2 years ago

Was hoping for a rabbit out of the hat moment and new game announcement for them

#92 2 years ago

Nope, fireside chat with the JJP team

#93 2 years ago

MGC this coming weekend. Any chance you think they’ll reveal their next title?

Things to consider…
- They are closing in on their GnR LE orders.
- The second line will be done soon with their Willy Wonka LE second run.
- They revealed Willy Wonka at MGC back in 2019.

#94 2 years ago
Breaking+news_4378a8_7094751.gifBreaking+news_4378a8_7094751.gif
#95 2 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

MGC this coming weekend. Any chance you think they’ll reveal their next title?
Things to consider…
- They are closing in on their GnR LE orders.
- The second line will be done soon with their Willy Wonka LE second run.
- They revealed Willy Wonka at MGC back in 2019.

Very highly unlikely.

#97 2 years ago

Toy Story is obviously next and its going to be HUGE! It might be their biggest seller ever. I’m predicting 1000 CE this time around with a price of about $13,500.00 That will be my guess. I think Matrix will be after Toy Story… JJP will be on fire in 2022.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Toy Story is obviously next and its going to be HUGE! It might be their biggest seller ever. I’m predicting 1000 CE this time around with a price of about $13,500.00 That will be my guess. I think Matrix will be after Toy Story… JJP will be on fire in 2022.

I would be an immediate buy for both of those titles.

#99 2 years ago

If you think we are getting two games next year then.

depositphotos_63037873-stock-illustration-pinball-icon-2 (resized).jpgdepositphotos_63037873-stock-illustration-pinball-icon-2 (resized).jpg
#100 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

If you think we are getting two games next year then.

I'll bet you a pinball on that. From what I'm hearing the next game behind Toy Story is also already done. They hired new designers right but why? So they can release those games in 2029? I think their new game will release soon and they'll start a schedule going forward. What I mean by that is now that they have two lines, they'll release a production schedule. I doubt they're going to sell games until the game stops selling. I think JJP is going to have some great announcements coming up!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/2?hl=ray3127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.