(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 121.
#1401 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

And “enjoyed it” means 10,000 plus plays like your Wonka!!!

We are about to hit "payoff" on Wonka! Over 12K plays. 12,500 is the break-even.

#1402 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This is a repeat of the #1 prediction from many many people. Nothing original here.

I don’t take notes of others with too much time on their hands - just stating my view. If that’s what many think, then they’re right as well IMO. Just like those that think this will be ultra loaded for some reason are drinking the jjp kook aid. I hope I’m wrong though on that as I would love jjp 1.0 to show back up

#1403 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

We are about to hit "payoff" on Wonka! Over 12K plays. 12,500 is the break-even.

Do you have a job!lol

#1404 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Do you have a job!lol

Playing pinball, evidently

#1405 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Do you have a job!lol

Truth is, I barely touch it now because my wife has claimed every score on the machine by a large margin.

She tends to load up all 4 players and hammer the machines for hours.

#1406 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don’t take notes of others with too much time on their hands - just stating my view. If that’s what many think, then they’re right as well IMO. Just like those that think this will be ultra loaded for some reason are drinking the jjp kook aid. I hope I’m wrong though on that as I would love jjp 1.0 to show back up

Your JJP observations are 100% accurate. Both Wonka LE and GNR had very little mechs, and were definitely not loaded by any stretch. They did a nice job on both games, but they were a far cry from their games in the past.

#1407 1 year ago

I saw him come in and sign a bunch of backglasses.

MJ (resized).jpgMJ (resized).jpg

There's a mode that makes the ball look like it's rolling backwards.
And a zombie mode.
And one where the top of the ball catches on fire.

#1408 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Your JJP observations are 100% accurate. Both Wonka LE and GNR had very little mechs, and were definitely not loaded by any stretch. They did a nice job on both games, but they were a far cry from their games in the past.

Agree. Extremely polished...loaded, not so much. The fun factor is still there though.

I'm hoping TS has at least as many mechs as TZ, but that may be hard to do on a standard body game.

#1409 1 year ago

What is going to be the different feature(s) of game play for the CE?

Also since its a Disney title did JJP work out a combo license deal to do another run of Pirates?

#1410 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I just want it to be a fun game to play with good code and goal progression.
I can forgive asset issues if the game is great. After all it is a pinball machine not a $13K DVD player for one movie.

DVD?? Who watches DVD’s still and not Blu-ray or Blu-Ray 4k?

#1411 1 year ago

Also since its a Disney title did JJP work out a combo license deal to do another run of Pirates?

NO MORE PIRATES are scheduled to be run.

#1412 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

All I got say is... Play it before you buy it folks..
I'm seeing used pinball prices starting to normalize a bit. Still some people late to the punchbowl out there but its happening.
Saw a few Rush Premiums and others going under NIB. .. The spooky games.. Some Williams WPC stuff priced within the realms of reason.
Some availability of NIB games once more.. Its happening..

I noticed that also. Rush LE’s at around retail NIB. Still a lot of pins used priced a live MSRP though, but coming down.

Will definitely take a wait and see approach. Only reason interested is because my wife and kids love Toy Story. Rather let all the issues (at least big ones besides playfield issues) be ironed out.

#1413 1 year ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

What is going to be the different feature(s) of game play for the CE?

Excellent question! Since JJP knows people are killing each other to buy CE’s sight unseen, they know it’s not necessary to tell people what the game will have or any differences between the CE or LE

#1414 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Pretty official post on the subject of pirates rerun or not.

#1415 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Excellent question! Since JJP knows people are killing each other to buy CE’s sight unseen, they know it’s not necessary to tell people what the game will have or any differences between the CE or LE

Doesn’t it seem logical that information such as that will be announced at the reveal? Discussing game features prior to mentioning the game at all seems odd.

#1416 1 year ago

Doesn’t it seem logical that information such as that will be announced at the reveal? Discussing game features prior to mentioning the game at all seems odd.

Sorry but that’s kinda of a stupid statement. Are you really going to have time to play the machine or at least see a good video before CE’s are sold out? From what I hear, CE’s sell out within hours??

#1417 1 year ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

There is a reason there was no Tim Allen, it is not the same character. Toy Story is about Buzz Lightyear, the toy. Lightyear is about the character Buzz Lightyear. Think of Lightyear (the new movie) being the movie that Andy would have gone to see in movie theaters that made him want to get a Buzz Lightyear toy.

Yeah, and it turns out the actor who plays Buzz in the Lightyear movie wanted too much for voiceover work, so they hired Tim Allen to be the voice of the the toy instead.

#1418 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Sorry but that’s kinda of a stupid statement. Are you really going to have time to play the machine or at least see a good video before CE’s are sold out? From what I hear, CE’s sell out within hours??

Perhaps but your BS post “confirming” 350 CEs named after characters made me watchful. I get so tired of the trolling and the BS that when someone tries to argue that of course JJP wouldn’t bother to differentiate the features of each model when that was done for GnR in the launch day reveal videos felt like a silly thing to say. Sorry for the snippy tone but you and I go way back as far Usenet RGP I think and sometimes I wonder about peoples agenda.

#1419 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

DVD?? Who watches DVD’s still and not Blu-ray or Blu-Ray 4k?

Lots of people. Especially if you are a fan of older cult and horror films. There are a ton of movies that have had very limited or no releases on Blu or 4k to date.

#1420 1 year ago

How many are

Perhaps but your BS post “confirming” 350 CEs named after characters made me watchful. I get so tired of the trolling and the BS that when someone tries to argue that of course JJP wouldn’t bother to differentiate the features of each model when that was done for GnR in the launch day reveal videos felt like a silly thing to say. Sorry for the snippy tone but you and I go way back as far Usenet RGP I think and sometimes I wonder about peoples agenda.

“You and I go Way back” WTF r u talking about? I have no clue who the F you are sir. As far as “trolling” I guess the truth hurts doesn’t it? Reveal the fucking game already and give people time to decide. Oh and by the way….Fix your damn shitty playfields will ya?

#1421 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

How many are

“You and I go Way back” WTF r u talking about? I have no clue who the F you are sir. As far as “trolling” I guess the truth hurts doesn’t it? Revel the fucking game already and give people time to decide. Oh and by the way….Fix your damn shitty playfields will ya?

Classy. I guess I should have expected it.

#1422 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Agree. Extremely polished...loaded, not so much. The fun factor is still there though.
I'm hoping TS has at least as many mechs as TZ, but that may be hard to do on a standard body game.

Recent history isn't on our side, but I totally agree it would be nice to get something creative....

#1423 1 year ago

Classy. I guess I should have expected it.

How about you reveal the game and don’t accept CE orders until a week has passed to give people time to at least see and analyze the game??

#1424 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

People are going to glue so much crap all over this thing.

There's definitely no accounting for taste. I'm seeing Godzillas that look more like terrariums than pinball machines. I also don't understand the desire to replace original artwork on translites or side blades. "Sorry, Leonardo, but I'm going to put Lisa in a different dress." Oh, well. This is why Baskin-Robins sells 31 flavors of ice cream. If it floats your boat... LOL!

#1425 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

How about you reveal the game and don’t accept CE orders until a week has passed to give people time to at least see and analyze the game??

Half decent idea. Unfortunately not my call but I’ll mention it going forward.

#1426 1 year ago

it seems the current model is working quite well for pinball manufacturers. Why would they switch?

#1427 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

it seems the current model is working quite well for pinball manufacturers. Why would they switch?

Customer satisfaction. Fairness. Equity. Reputation...

#1428 1 year ago

you are missing a comma after the NO.

#1429 1 year ago

I have no hope TS will be loaded with toysw that ship has sailed with the Pirates ar JJP.

But I'm still in to buy one ,can't go wrong with Pat Lawlor and a dream theme

#1430 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

hear ya. But companys let the market tell them what to do. Right now the market is telling them to stay the course. But I hear ya.

#1431 1 year ago

Some folks definition of “loaded” is different.

With GNR, my idea of “loaded” fun is a pin like that, with an unreal light show and the band that actually participated to support the game 100% with some cool unique features.

If you like jamming out and playing a rock concert with great concert footage and animations, what more could you ask for?

Not every game has to be “tournament worthy” to be considered great!

The GNR total experience is fantastic. And I’ll say the same thing about Wonka

#1432 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

That’s exactly why! Current model only benefits pinball manufacturers, not the customer which in the end ends up with shitty playfields, fixing shit that should’ve been done at the factory, and for the most part a shitty warranty.

#1433 1 year ago

It’s way more than half decent but I appreciate the gesture.

#1434 1 year ago

My distro contacted me asking if I still wanted a CE.

Between not seeing the game, not knowing if it's based on the entire franchise or just TS4 and the Mirco mess, I passed.

If the game looks fun and the playfield issues are resolved, I'll jump in later on an LE. For me, it's best just to wait.

#1435 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Oh, well. This is why Baskin-Robins sells 31 flavors of ice cream. If it floats your boat... LOL!

Baskin-Robins actually does sell Ice Cream boats... and yes this floats my boat!

bear-boat (resized).pngbear-boat (resized).png
#1436 1 year ago

Wow, everyone's starting to get a little nasty in here.

Aren't we excited by a new JJP drop?

#1437 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:My distro contacted me asking if I still wanted a CE.
Between not seeing the game, not knowing if it's based on the entire franchise or just TS4 and the Mirco mess, I passed.
If the game looks fun and the playfield issues are resolved, I'll jump in later on an LE. For me, it's best just to wait.

smart man! one thing we know is they will build thousands of these games and after a year there will dozens on the market, and if JJP increases the LE prices you'll probably save some coin as well.

#1438 1 year ago

Does anyone remember what day of the week and time JJP released the teaser for GnR? The one where Eric and Slash were talking and Slash ended it with, "Not in this lifetime".

I'm expecting something along those lines for TS as well.

#1439 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm excited folks may need to make room in their wallets and gamerooms for the new shiny so maybe I can get a used pin at a reasonable price.

Who am I kidding?

#1440 1 year ago

I saw 96 new post and i thought hot damn, pics... It was nothing!!!

#1441 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Playing pinball, evidently

Quoted from APfan1:

Does anyone remember what day of the week and time JJP released the teaser for GnR? The one where Eric and Slash were talking and Slash ended it with, "Not in this lifetime".

I can tell you that it’s pretty certain that the company that did GnR’s intro video is doing TS intro video.
It won’t be as cool but it will be polished

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Say what you will about JJP but they can keep a secret!

#1443 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

No, just guys like those below who don't think we understood the 87 previous times where they shared their disdain for JJP, Mirco, Toy Story, animation, and Tom Hanks' brother. It is almost like they are unaware that there are plenty of threads where they might provide constructive information about things they actually DO like.

Screenshot 2022-06-10 at 17-46-19 Jason Gortney on Instagram “The only trolls I repeatedly try to engage. Though I do smash theiScreenshot 2022-06-10 at 17-46-19 Jason Gortney on Instagram “The only trolls I repeatedly try to engage. Though I do smash thei

#1444 1 year ago

Exactly what I thought

#1445 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m with you Derek, 12k plays on Wonka, that’s crazy!

#1446 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

Slash ended it with, "Not in this lifetime".

Do you think at the end of the vid this time Slash will say,” To Infinity And Beyond!”
hope so too!

#1447 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

No, just guys like those below who don't think we understood the 87 previous times where they shared their disdain for JJP, Mirco, Toy Story, animation, and Tom Hanks' brother. It is almost like they are unaware that there are plenty of threads where they might provide constructive information about things they actually DO like.
[quoted image]

We should be sympathetic here. There is a grown man in this forum who has been waiting 4 years for the Toy Story release and if the voiceover work isn’t done by Tom Hanks and Tim Allen (preferably 10-12 hours worth each) he’s going to lose his mind and hate the machine.

#1448 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m with you Derek, 12k plays on Wonka, that’s crazy!

Susan and I have each gotten 4 golden tickets...once. It has such a brilliant layout of goals and rewards.

I bought a playfield and plastics set so I can rebuild it to new when sales time comes because nobody's gonna touch it with that kinda use otherwise! (The playfield actually looks great for the wear though)

#1449 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Do you think at the end of the vid this time Slash will say,” To Infinity And Beyond!”
hope so too!

You know what I meant!

#1450 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don’t take notes of others with too much time on their hands

Says the guy posting 6 times a day for the last 6 years. Lol.
I know personally how much time it takes to maintain that ratio and it equals a lot of time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/29?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.