(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 121.
#1351 1 year ago

If you are wondering whether the Toy Story movies are done …. Toy Story 5 is already in the works and will be released next year. Toy Story 6 is the finale and it is being conceptualized. That one might take 5-10 years before coming out, but it should keep this franchise “fresh” through 2030. Now, who plans to buy the Forky version?

#1352 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Don't engage. It just encourages him.

Yeah right and you are mister positive lol

#1353 1 year ago

nothing yet?

#1354 1 year ago

I'll tell you one thing, I saw the trailer for Lightyear and no Tim Allen was Lame AF.

If they don't have the right voice actors for call-outs, it might go from must buy to no buy....I'm assuming they will just use movie clips like Wonka, but still; no Tom Hanks or Tim Allen would suck big time.

#1355 1 year ago

Most likely we will get call outs from Tom Hanks brother, he does most of the voice work for woody outside of the main movies.

#1356 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Most likely will get call out from Tom Hanks brother, he does most of the voice work for woody outside of the main movies.

Ugh, lame

#1357 1 year ago

C'mon JJP, just show the pin already!!!

#1358 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

C'mon JJP, just show the pin already!!!

Maybe today will get a teaser vid?

#1359 1 year ago

It really isn’t. There is an uncanny similarity in their voice work. I challenge you to tell the difference. I certainly can’t.

#1360 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

It really isn’t. There is an uncanny similarity in their voice work. I challenge you to tell the difference. I certainly can’t.

I think it’s that I/we notice Buzz voice is not the same tone as before.. I knew that instantly and saw it was Chris ***** (don’t want to name him).
That is just from the trailer.. how about all of Buzz’s unique expressions?? Tim was awesome at that.

Ugh… I agree when I watch the new movie I’ll notice it for a bit and soon it will be fine.

Just a shocker to start with.

Bring Tim Allen Back!! He is the tool man after all.

#1361 1 year ago

As awesome as they would be, I am not expecting custom call-outs from Hanks or Allen.

I'd be good with mostly movie clips, they have a lot of material to work with there. Then supplement with somebody like Ratzenberger or Tom Hanks' brother.

Overall I'm not worried about call-outs or limited assets/IP. At the TPF seminar, Jack cited "full assets" as being one of the most important components of deciding what titles to create. They're not going to make games that they can't do "the right way." To me, that bodes very well for Toy Story.

#1362 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Overall I'm not worried about call-outs or limited assets/IP. At the TPF seminar, Jack cited "full assets" as being one of the most important components of deciding what titles to create. They're not going to make games that they can't do "the right way." To me, that bodes very well for Toy Story.

I just want it to be a fun game to play with good code and goal progression.

I can forgive asset issues if the game is great. After all it is a pinball machine not a $13K DVD player for one movie.

#1363 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I just want it to be a fun game to play with good code and goal progression.
I can forgive asset issues if the game is great. After all it is a pinball machine not a $13K DVD player for one movie.

I'm sorry, I can't...The voicework is probably the biggest reason the Toy Story movies are so amazing.

I'm holding out hope that they have this lined up right...We shall see...I'm excited to see the layout.

#1364 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I'm sorry, I can't...The voicework is probably the biggest reason the Toy Story movies are so amazing.
I'm holding out hope that they have this lined up right...We shall see...I'm excited to see the layout.

I can't imagine Tom Hanks is cheap. They couldn't even get his likeness on games like Apollo 13. Custom voicework would be even more costly. I'd personally rather JJP not spend the majority of their R&D on his voice, especially when his brother is a perfect fit for the role and sounds identical.

Plus, everyone knows the real best voicework in Toy Story was Jim Varney as Slinky...

#1365 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I can't imagine Tom Hanks is cheap. They couldn't even get his likeness on games like Apollo 13. Custom voicework would be even more costly. I'd personally rather JJP not spend the majority of their R&D on his voice, especially when his brother is a perfect fit for the role and sounds identical.
Plus, everyone knows the real best voicework in Toy Story was Jim Varney as Slinky...

Varney and Mickey Rooney for sure

#1366 1 year ago

I've waited 4 years for this pin...Expectations are super high

#1367 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Hanks brother does 99% of the woody voice work outside the main movies. Video games, toys, talking teddy’s, you name it, he sounds just like Tom as woody so custom call-outs from his brother would be amazing!

#1368 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hanks brother does 99% of the woody voice work outside the main movies. Video games, toys, talking teddy’s, you name it, he sounds just like Tom as woody so custom call-outs from his brother would be amazing!

Who cares! You are still buying this pin even if your neighbor was doing the damn call outs!

#1369 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I'll tell you one thing, I saw the trailer for Lightyear and no Tim Allen was Lame AF.
If they don't have the right voice actors for call-outs, it might go from must buy to no buy....I'm assuming they will just use movie clips like Wonka, but still; no Tom Hanks or Tim Allen would suck big time.

There is a reason there was no Tim Allen, it is not the same character. Toy Story is about Buzz Lightyear, the toy. Lightyear is about the character Buzz Lightyear. Think of Lightyear (the new movie) being the movie that Andy would have gone to see in movie theaters that made him want to get a Buzz Lightyear toy.

#1370 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Who cares! You are still buying this pin even if your neighbor was doing the damn call outs!

Clearly smoke cares hence my message above, he shouldn’t worry as Tom hanks brother does an indistinguishable woody.

#1371 1 year ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

There is a reason there was no Tim Allen, it is not the same character. Toy Story is about Buzz Lightyear, the toy. Lightyear is about the character Buzz Lightyear. Think of Lightyear (the new movie) being the movie that Andy would have gone to see in movie theaters that made him want to get a Buzz Lightyear toy.

95D92965-4DFB-445B-B1ED-426EE2B4C08B.gif95D92965-4DFB-445B-B1ED-426EE2B4C08B.gif
#1372 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I don’t get it you waited 4 years so clearly your a fan of the franchise? Yet you are unaware hanks brother does all the woody voice work for Tom outside the main movies, clearly you haven’t been able to tell the difference like most people.

Now your also saying Lightyear is lame for not using Allen when it was done for a reason as the character is the actual Buzz (Evans)who inspired the toy (Allen).

You sure your not just complaining for the hell of it?

#1373 1 year ago

Buzz movie comes out June 17. It would just be dumb to announce a pinball machine from the same franchise a single day before that. They have a huge opportunity to ride on the coat tails of a huge marketing campaign. That is the day the pin will be announced, so you can all go home and come back then

#1374 1 year ago

How has JJP released pins previously and has their process been consistent?

Is it a teaser video provided with a release date, then they start taking orders 9am on release date?

Or, do they release a full video and start taking orders immediately?

#1375 1 year ago

I want a talking head with moving eyes and mouth on the playfield.

#1376 1 year ago

I'm pretty excited to see what JJP has coming out next, but I have to admit it would be hilarious if all this talk here about Toy Story being their next pin is for nothing because their next pin is Willow or something lol.

Before the Toy Story peeps try to wreck me, I'm just joking around. I'm eagerly waiting for the announcement as well (and it seems obvious that it's Toy Story). Trying to make light of some these really serious posts on here... and I'm also excited for the weekend.

Cheers, everyone! Have a great weekend!

#1377 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I want a talking head with moving eyes and mouth on the playfield.

I wonder if they could do a talking Mr. Potato Head and or Mrs. Potato Head. I have flashbacks to Red and Ted on Roadshow......

#1378 1 year ago

Im hoping for no talking head...

#1379 1 year ago

I just want army men

#1380 1 year ago

“Pixar” captive ball, talking Mr Potato or Buzz head, slinky ramp.

#1381 1 year ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I just want army men

Ooo… yeah, that would be a cool dedicated mission mode.

Too much to do. I hope they just throw all in. I’m my eyes the code could be as large as POTC. Too many character with their own journey.

Super excited!!

#1382 1 year ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

I wonder if they could do a talking Mr. Potato Head and or Mrs. Potato Head. I have flashbacks to Red and Ted on Roadshow......

Or maybe a ball eating whoo whoo like Stranger Things

#1383 1 year ago

The obvious pinball toy is a claw that picks up a pinball and deposits it somewhere else on the playfield

#1384 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I predict ... 15k CE, double the CEs as gnr and No standard editions

This is a repeat of the #1 prediction from many many people. Nothing original here.

#1385 1 year ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I just want army men

People are going to glue so much crap all over this thing.

#1386 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Lol!!! So true.

#1387 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Lol!!! So true.

Quoted from zaphX:

This is one of those times I could upvote alot..you are totally spot on zaphX

#1388 1 year ago

Can a distributor here put me on their CE list? Or if someone wants to give up their spot I’d be interested.

#1389 1 year ago

All of the pinballs will look like this

il_1140xN.2877056142_16jl.jpgil_1140xN.2877056142_16jl.jpg
#1390 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

All of the pinballs will look like this[quoted image]

I think someone already started a mod development thread for this

#1391 1 year ago

All I got say is... Play it before you buy it folks..

I'm seeing used pinball prices starting to normalize a bit. Still some people late to the punchbowl out there but its happening.
Saw a few Rush Premiums and others going under NIB. .. The spooky games.. Some Williams WPC stuff priced within the realms of reason.
Some availability of NIB games once more.. Its happening..

#1392 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I'm seeing used pinball prices starting to normalize a bit. Still some people late to the punchbowl out there but its happening.
Saw a few Rush Premiums and others going under NIB. .. The spooky games.. Some Williams WPC stuff priced within the realms of reason.

Not BSD or Diner

#1393 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Old men are going to glue crap all over this thing!

#1394 1 year ago

It'll be the quick flipping of every new machine that will be coming to an end. The older Williams stuff will stay elevated.

#1395 1 year ago

Why? You can get all the info you need watching videos and reading the ruleset. After that you just need to convince yourself you made the right decision. And if you can‘t do that you sell it.

Oh wait, now I get it, you‘re hoping to convince CE customers to wait so you have a better chance of getting a CE yourself. Clever…

No need to worry about me, though, I won‘t be getting a CE.

#1396 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The obvious pinball toy is a claw that picks up a pinball and deposits it somewhere else on the playfield

Would love to see Lawlor pay homage to his days of mind-blowing toys on the playfield for how special this theme is-- a working Claw would be right up there with the Gumball Machine and Rudy..

My predictions:
- Lawlor returns to a 4-flipper layout
- Claw on small-ish upper playfield ala Twilight Zone
- Opening/Closing Toy Chest with a jump ramp
- Major modes for Woody / Buzz / Forkie
- Minor modes ala Batman '66 to rescue other toys for power-ups / bonuses

Can't wait to finally see this one! Also, when did the rumor start about TS being Pat's last game? Would be a shame, but if he's put the work in to make another masterpiece as expected, I can see him wanting to go out on top.

#1397 1 year ago

If distros aren't posting about their process to get on a CE list in other JJP theme threads, I think we know the answer.

#1398 1 year ago

For anyone who listened to Kaneda's show today, please do not hit me up to buy my CE slot!

- Yes, I hate the Toy Story theme.
- That doesn't mean I'm not buying it because I am.
- It's not for sale until I've played through it, because all pins can be fun despite the theme. I can look past it to the gameplay.
- "Played through it" means months (or years) and thousands of plays.

#1399 1 year ago

The JJP video regarding ordering a CE for their upcoming game.

Ken says to call JJP before the reveal if you are an international customer that feels they are in an area that is not serviced by a distributor. Which means this game isn't getting revealed in a couple days (as we've seen). Hopefully we see it next week.

#1400 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

For anyone who listened to Kaneda's show today, please do not hit me up to buy my CE slot!
- Yes, I hate the Toy Story theme.
- That doesn't mean I'm not buying it because I am.
- It's not for sale until I've played through it, because all pins can be fun despite the theme. I can look past it to the gameplay.
- "Played through it" means months (or years) and thousands of plays.

And “enjoyed it” means 10,000 plus plays like your Wonka!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.