(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 121.
#1301 1 year ago

I bet it's going to have balls & sound... possibly chipping & lots of washers

#1302 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

I have seen it. Very early incarnation of the machine, but I know what the theme is as well as a couple of the mechs.
That's all I'm saying for now!

Nice! Looking forward to seeing it!

#1303 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Nice! Looking forward to seeing it!

The whole pinball world is at this point.

#1304 1 year ago

Talk about generating “buzz”. I can’t wait!

#1305 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Pissing my pants... love you Greg...

Pooping my pants, not in love.
Wait, what thread is this??

#1306 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Since this title was rumored, I was hoping they'd use the same internal projection mapping Disney now uses on their ride animatronics. Imagine if Buzz, Woody, Mr. Potato Head, and anyone else on the PF were all able to have real facial expressions (fear when you drain, happiness when you make a shot, total elation when you make a jackpot). Their blank white faces would look creepy as hell when the game was off, but when on it would be out of this world.

That would be AWESOME! Great idea

#1307 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

I have seen it. Very early incarnation of the machine, but I know what the theme is as well as a couple of the mechs.

89C5B589-45D7-44D6-A2F2-3D314A6CAF3D.gif89C5B589-45D7-44D6-A2F2-3D314A6CAF3D.gif
#1308 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

That would be AWESOME! Great idea

And to think... I suggested Lawlor/JJP consider it 6 years ago!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-3-pat-lawlors-next-pin/page/2#post-2770124

#1309 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

1qjz3c.jpg1qjz3c.jpg
#1310 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Either do i

#1311 1 year ago

Have we established that this pin is based on Toy Story 4 and not the Buzz Lightyear movie? When theme comes up, some people have been dancing around just coming out and calling it Toy Story. So I wonder if it is really based on BL and it won’t be called Toy Story per se.

#1312 1 year ago

Who established it was based on Toy Story 4?

#1313 1 year ago

IMO, if it is based on a movie no one has seen yet (“Lightyear”) there will by a major negative reaction from the Pinhead community. It has to be based on either TS1 or TS1-4

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Have we established that this pin is based on Toy Story 4 and not the Buzz Lightyear movie? When theme comes up, some people have been dancing around just coming out and calling it Toy Story. So I wonder if it is really based on BL and it won’t be called Toy Story per se.

#1314 1 year ago

I don’t believe him either. Nope!

#1315 1 year ago

IMO JJP probably is taking one shot at the Toy Story theme. With this in mind, I see it being assets from all of the movies. The fact that they are launching right at the same time as the new movie tells me some of those assets will be in this release as well. I don't have any specific knowledge of this, but would seem the most logical given the timing and circumstances. I also believe they have been working on this for some time now and that would lend itself to historical content of Toy Story as well? We will find out in the coming days/weeks

#1316 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I don’t believe him either. Nope!

I actually do believe him.

#1317 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

IMO, if it is based on a movie no one has seen yet (“Lightyear”) there will by a major negative reaction from the Pinhead community. It has to be based on either TS1 or TS1-4

I actually hate the theme. I can look past a bad theme for a great game though.

#1318 1 year ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

I actually do believe him.

#1319 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Who established it was based on Toy Story 4?

Yes it's based on Toy Story 4 and the premises is working through the carnival.

#1320 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Yes it's based on Toy Story 4 and the premises is working through the carnival.

What an epic fail if true.

#1321 1 year ago

I hope is not TS4
TS4 came out in June 2019
I thought they were working on this pin before that

#1322 1 year ago

Definitely a liar….

#1323 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

What an epic fail if true.

I have a feeling you would say epic fail no matter how good it is?

#1324 1 year ago
everybody-lies-house (resized).pngeverybody-lies-house (resized).png
#1325 1 year ago

Called my distributor, can’t wait to get my CE!

#1326 1 year ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Pre-orders on pre-orders… just what pinball needs…

#1327 1 year ago

Anyone have an idea what the deposit will be if you get a shot at a direct purchase of a CE on release day?

#1328 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Anyone have an idea what the deposit will be if you get a shot at a direct purchase of a CE on release day?

$1000.00 is customary

#1329 1 year ago

Also confirmed CE here! I hope this game is awesome

#1330 1 year ago

I’m hoping for a Zurg bash toy somewhere on the pf.

#1331 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Also confirmed CE here! I hope this game is awesome

Quoted from Colehvac1:

Only CE guarantee i could locate was 100K or some shop based in Nigeria.

#1332 1 year ago

The playfield bit that was visible looked like Jessie's chaps, which eliminates the Buzz Lightyear movie and reinforces that's it's Toy Story (and most likely TS4 based on the development timeline).

#1333 1 year ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

I hope is not TS4
TS4 came out in June 2019
I thought they were working on this pin before that

You start working on movie themes way before they come out. Toy Story 4 was announced and development started in 2014.

#1334 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The playfield bit that was visible looked like Jessie's chaps, which eliminates the Buzz Lightyear movie and reinforces that's it's Toy Story (and most likely TS4 based on the development timeline).

Wait what? Visible where?

#1335 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Post #429

#1336 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Very grainy, but obviously art not on any previously released JJP playfield by the ball trough, and the post right after shows Jessie's chaps for comparison. It's the bottom of Jessie's chaps by the ball trough.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/9#post-6877394

Also, it explains the "random" JJP Facebook picture by a stack of playfields with all the designers at JJP plus Jack. The only thing that makes sense is it was to commemorate the start of Toy Story production, and the tiny PF slice confirms it.

#1337 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

$1000.00 is customary

Not customary. My distributor charges $250 and it’s refundable

#1338 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Not customary. My distributor charges $250 and it’s refundable

My distributor charges $100. But I hear $1000 here on pinside all the time

cus·tom·ar·y
/ˈkəstəˌmerē/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
according to the customs or usual practices associated with a particular society, place, or set of circumstances.
"it is customary to mark an occasion like this with a toast"

Usual practice not “the only practice “

#1339 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

My distributor charges $100. But I hear $1000 here on pinside all the time

The $1000 is JJP direct sales, AFAIK.

#1340 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The $1000 is JJP direct sales, AFAIK.

Thank you for the confirmation

#1341 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I have a feeling you would say epic fail no matter how good it is?

You obviously haven’t been paying attention. I have been waiting for Toy Story for years. It is a dream theme for my family and I got on a CE list a couple years ago. But with the change in warranty support and no assurances that JJP has addressed the playfield quality issues I’m not willing to gamble $15k.

I can wait a year and see how things pan out. That probably means no CE but I’m sure the LE will be fine. Unless it’s a TS4 only theme. Then hard no.

#1342 1 year ago

God no TS 4 only theme. That is a disservice to the franchise. I don’t think this game will only be based on that film.

Either way I’m committed to follow through to buy this CE.

Perhaps this was why it took so long. Creative differences on how to execute this theme??

#1343 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Are people really looking forward to owning a game with a theme for 8 year olds or are they most excited at the prospect of flipping for profit?

My wife is a computer animator and Toy Story is her absolute grail as it came out while she was in school down at Ringling (Sarasota, FL). She got to meet a lot of the Disney and Pixar animators so TS has a special place for her and it's why I'm doing everything I can to find my (first ever) CE.

So, YMMV but that's my reason.

#1345 1 year ago

If you think this game is going to be “packed” you haven’t been paying attention to the past few years at JJP. Started with wonka and continued with gnr and as someone that owns woz and wonka, it’s clear as day. Less is more for jjp right now (Less toys, more playfield issues and more expensive) and I would expect that to continue unless they decide to change their business model. Lawlor, who’s been pulling features from games like gnr goes ahead and then loads up his game like it’s twilight zone? No Way.

I predict teaser tomorrow with the date of reveal which I also predict will be Tuesday next week. 15k CE, double the CEs as gnr and No standard editions

Regardless of it being packed or not, we’re talking a new lawlor and a new jjp which is exciting. Bring it

#1346 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I predict teaser tomorrow with the date of reveal which I also predict will be Tuesday next week.

I actually think they won't reveal till after BUZZ comes out on June 17th.
This leaves just a few days to reveal before Pintastic.
Hopefully not an epic fail reveal like Dialed in was.

#1347 1 year ago

Dialed in rules all

#1348 1 year ago

If I had extra funds and space.. I’d buy both TS and Dialed In.

I enjoy originality and some of the mechs were fun to me. However, I’ve only played it in the wild and not in a home setting.

I still think TS will be awesome. I just want it to be better than The Simpsons Pinball Party

#1349 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Hopefully not an epic fail reveal like Dialed in was.

They already have plenty convinced that washers are a playfield fix and some are concerned that the CE's will be priced too low. Don't think a poor reveal is going to change any of that.

#1350 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You obviously haven’t been paying attention. I have been waiting for Toy Story for years. It is a dream theme for my family and I got on a CE list a couple years ago. But with the change in warranty support and no assurances that JJP has addressed the playfield quality issues I’m not willing to gamble $15k.
I can wait a year and see how things pan out. That probably means no CE but I’m sure the LE will be fine. Unless it’s a TS4 only theme. Then hard no.

Don't engage. It just encourages him.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 16.95
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/27?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.