(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 121.
#1251 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

If you listen to the video Ken asks international buyers that can't find a distributor for a CE to call JJP to help them with that before the game is released.
My guess is that means we might get a teaser Friday and reveal early next week. Unlikely we see it until then.

What video ?

#1254 1 year ago

PinballSTAR ordering info :

How do you get notified of all the info, pics, videos, models, pricing etc. ? Just email Joe at [email protected] to get on our email blast list.

At this time we will be going into DEFCON 3 and asking that you please only email (not call or text) us as it is a much easier way for us to be able to reply to everyone in a timely manner. It also allows us to do the most important part of this process which is ensure your email is in our email blast list. On reveal / ordering day we send out an email with easy 1 click PayPal ordering links. That is is ONLY way to buy on reveal day. No phone calls, no busy signals, no voice mail, no unanswered texts. One click and you buy and your order is time stamped. Prior PinballSTAR customers can attest to how easy and painless our system is.

We have not yet decided how we are handling CEs so I do not have answers for those questions yet. Again, please just email Joe at [email protected] to get on our email blast list.

… and most importantly BE NICE people !
: )

Joe

pinball-star-logo-200 (resized).pngpinball-star-logo-200 (resized).png

#1255 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

How do you get notified of all the info, pics, videos, models, pricing etc. ? Just email Joe at [email protected] to get on our email blast list.
At this time we will be going into DEFCON 3 and asking that you please only email (not call or text) us as it is a much easier way for us to be able to reply to everyone in a timely manner. It also allows us to do the most important part of this process which is ensure your email is in our email blast list. On reveal / ordering day we send out an email with easy 1 click PayPal ordering links. That is is ONLY way to buy on reveal day. No phone calls, no busy signals, no voice mail, no unanswered texts. One click and you buy and your order is time stamped. Prior PinballSTAR customers can attest to how easy and painless our system is.
We have not yet decided how we are handling CEs so I do not have answers for those questions yet. Again, please just email Joe at [email protected] to get on our email blast list.
Joe
[quoted image]

Calling now.

#1256 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Joe
[quoted image]

Looking forward to ordering through you again, Joe, for a professional, courteous and painless process!

#1257 1 year ago

Anyone still need confirmation the game is going to be Toy Story?

#1259 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Anyone still need confirmation the game is going to be Toy Story?

Only everyone on this thread, yes.

#1260 1 year ago

Are people really looking forward to owning a game with a theme for 8 year olds or are they most excited at the prospect of flipping for profit?

#1261 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Are people really looking forward to owning a game with a theme for 8 year olds or are they most excited at the prospect of flipping for profit?

Both apparently - I am in the first camp.

#1262 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

If ya can’t beat ‘em join ‘em

#1263 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I'm always excited to see the next jjp game but I don't want to buy all of them .
I had no interest in GNR until I played it .
They're made with love and I'm glad they don't pump out 3 or 4 a year .

#1264 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I might get two. One for each reason you mentioned.

#1265 1 year ago

Blablabla

#1266 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

It will be a little bit of Column A, a little bit of Column B.

Some people are diehard Disney fans ('Disney Adults'), and then there's also the segment of younger Pinsiders who grew up with Toy Story who will want a nostalgia title (like how everyone over 40 wants a Goonies pin). Then add in the Pinsiders who will get less resistance from their significant other if they get a family friendly title. Finally there are those who love JJP and/or Lawlor titles. That's Column A.

Then there are d-bag FOMO flippers. Half of them got caught with their pants down trying to flip HW/UM spots and ended up losing a few hundo. They'll be looking to recoup their losses with a Disney title flipped to an honest person who was just late to the party. That's Column B.

#1267 1 year ago

I give JJP credit for trying to eliminate the CE drama that occurred during the GNR release. I still stand my prediction months ago that the LE's will be $12.5K, and the CE's will be $15K (1000 units)

#1268 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Are people really looking forward to owning a game with a theme for 8 year olds?

What? It's not cool to like cartoons well into my 40's?

#1269 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Joe
[quoted image]

Joe!!
Quick question!
Will Any of these shirts give me a little more luck getting a CE?

11833279-C13D-4D20-9EB9-C64D0FFC8B9E (resized).jpeg11833279-C13D-4D20-9EB9-C64D0FFC8B9E (resized).jpeg29965282-2B0C-4423-BA9D-6C0E6A3E42BF (resized).jpeg29965282-2B0C-4423-BA9D-6C0E6A3E42BF (resized).jpeg698D4A74-B443-4A6F-9AF5-85F347B3122D (resized).jpeg698D4A74-B443-4A6F-9AF5-85F347B3122D (resized).jpeg71A9E300-BF71-46E5-9DCB-67D74F6B4964 (resized).jpeg71A9E300-BF71-46E5-9DCB-67D74F6B4964 (resized).jpeg7FBDB6D8-F489-4A3E-872B-52B889A10387 (resized).jpeg7FBDB6D8-F489-4A3E-872B-52B889A10387 (resized).jpegA833F7ED-BDC9-46FB-862D-A8A8B72C7D5E (resized).jpegA833F7ED-BDC9-46FB-862D-A8A8B72C7D5E (resized).jpeg
#1270 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Joe!!
Quick question!
Will Any of these shirts give me a little more luck getting a CE?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My guess is your a lock Cool shirts by the way....did u get those with each purchase?

#1271 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Joe!!
Quick question!
Will Any of these shirts give me a little more luck getting a CE?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bravo, get this man a CE!

#1272 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Joe!!
Quick question!

Aaaaand, this is why they will sell out

#1273 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Joe!!
Quick question!

Mike I LOVE you man - you make me laugh all the time ! Thanks for that ! Now get the f back in line ! lol

#1274 1 year ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Aaaaand, this is why they will sell out

My guess is your correct, but if JJP pushes the envelop on NIB pricing ($15k+) I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. Keep in mind GNR is the ONLY CE that actually sold out day 1. DICE, WWCE, POTCE sat for months and months before distributors finally unloaded them. Who knows maybe JJP will include an extra play field with every purchase

#1275 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Mike I LOVE you man - you make me laugh all the time ! Thanks for that ! Now get the f back in line ! lol

I wish pinside could replace the up and down-voting system with something more facebookish so i could laugh at posts like these. Hilarious

Now show us Toy Story!

#1276 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is your correct, but if JJP pushes the envelop on NIB pricing ($15k+) I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. Keep in mind GNR is the ONLY CE that actually sold out day 1. DICE, WWCE, POTCE sat for months and months before distributors finally unloaded them.

You may be right, but those other games were before people started paying 2x-3x the price for the version with different cabinet art and trim color. These are strange times we live in now.

#1277 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is your correct, but if JJP pushes the envelop on NIB pricing ($15k+) I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. Keep in mind GNR is the ONLY CE that actually sold out day 1. DICE, WWCE, POTCE sat for months and months before distributors finally unloaded them.

That was the old world. This is the new world.
History is being erased or rewritten daily and is no longer a reliable measure of future events.

#1278 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

You may be right, but those other games were before people started paying 2x-3x the price for the version with different cabinet art and trim color. These are strange times we live in now.

No doubt !

#1279 1 year ago

Are you getting a CE?

#1280 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I heard directly from my distro that CEs were $15000. Don’t know if you heard reliable info otherwise.

That's what I first thought also.. after posting my thoughts on fb I received some messages from people saying that was low and it wld be more .....so I guess will see. Still 15k plus shipping and possible tax is alot and crazy but it wld not surprise me if they try to get even more out of it .

#1281 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

What? It's not cool to like cartoons well into my 40's?

. . . or 50s?

#1282 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

3 months? More like 3-4 years and possibly longer.
I just got back from a vacation spot we go every year and it always packed. 2 hour waits to eat at every restaurant, beaches and pools packed, etc... and this year it was ghost town. It is coming and will hurt.

Coming to all markets…house-stocks-pins
Cash up boys….looking forward to stepping over the carcasses of those who don’t.

#1283 1 year ago

Disney fans are plentiful and when they intersect with pinball - watch out.
30+ year old pins are selling for 10k plus no problem.
15k is not a big hill to climb for these folks.
A Disney dream experience to bring home.
Congrats to JJP! Easy sellout.

#1284 1 year ago

The price is, whatever it is and will be.

To come into a Toy Story anticipation thread and see pages upon pages of practically nothing but either speculation of the price or who can afford what….price after price after price… with non stop CE talk?

Either look at the price, and the game is for you or it isn’t, it’s that simple.

Damn…

#1285 1 year ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:The price is, whatever it is and will be.
To come into a Toy Story anticipation thread and see pages upon pages of practically nothing but either speculation of the price or who can afford what….price after price after price… with non stop CE talk?
Either look at the price, and the game is for you or it isn’t, it’s that simple.
Damn…

I bet it is the best light show on any pin to date and has the coolest attract mode ever.

#1286 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I bet it is the best light show on any pin to date and has the coolest attract mode ever.

I just hope it’s fun and the rules are deep but not overly complex.

#1287 1 year ago

Does this mean that Disney did a combo license for Pirates and Toy Story?

#1288 1 year ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Does this mean that Disney did a combo license for Pirates and Toy Story?

Toy Story's been in the works for a LONG time. Pretty sure it was licensed before PotC.

#1289 1 year ago

I’m hoping for the third incarnation of a puppet head on a playfield

#1290 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I just hope it’s fun and the rules are deep but not overly complex.

Its a Pat Lawlor game. Given his track record this game should be fun, deep, and challenging. Personally, I think he did a great job with Wonka and that is why I am buying this game unseen. This will probably be my only JJP purchase.

I have Baby #3 on the way which really putting a dent into my pinball funds. There are plenty of SS games I could target instead of NIB games.

If this is really Pat's last work of art, boy oh boy his heart and soul will be poured into this game.

That is what I envision at least.

#1291 1 year ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I'm sensing some sarcasm in this post.....

#1292 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Its a Pat Lawlor game. Given his track record this game should be fun, deep, and challenging. Personally, I think he did a great job with Wonka and that is why I am buying this game unseen. This will probably be my only JJP purchase.
I have Baby #3 on the way which really putting a dent into my pinball funds. There are plenty of SS games I could target instead of NIB games.
If this is really Pat's last work of art, boy oh boy his heart and soul will be poured into this game.

I think this will be Twilight Zone 2.0 when it comes to how packed it is. I think JJP is going to give Pat free reign considering how successful Wonka was.

#1293 1 year ago

I'll take that bet. Seems logical based on the theme it is more focused on movie fun and mechs. GnR by Disney? Nah.

#1294 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:Its a Pat Lawlor game. Given his track record this game should be fun, deep, and challenging. Personally, I think he did a great job with Wonka and that is why I am buying this game unseen. This will probably be my only JJP purchase.

Congrats on the incoming baby! Way better than pinball.

#1295 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

I think this will be Twilight Zone 2.0 when it comes to how packed it is. I think JJP is going to give Pat free reign considering how successful Wonka was.

You think or know!? You have seen it correct?

#1296 1 year ago

Since this title was rumored, I was hoping they'd use the same internal projection mapping Disney now uses on their ride animatronics. Imagine if Buzz, Woody, Mr. Potato Head, and anyone else on the PF were all able to have real facial expressions (fear when you drain, happiness when you make a shot, total elation when you make a jackpot). Their blank white faces would look creepy as hell when the game was off, but when on it would be out of this world.

#1297 1 year ago

Honest to god, that alone on a Pat Lawlor game could convince me.

#1298 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Are you getting a CE?

Depends on many factors....game play, assets, price, warranty (maybe they change ).... I was very happy with my other CE's (WW, GNR)....if not than I'll be very happy waiting a year and picking up a nice LE or CE

#1299 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

You think or know!? You have seen it correct?

I have seen it. Very early incarnation of the machine, but I know what the theme is as well as a couple of the mechs.

That's all I'm saying for now!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 35.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 16.95
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/26?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.