(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 121.
#1201 1 year ago

Hopefully the PF issues have been resolved, but they may still be bad. Some of you care, some do not. Go into your purchase at least knowing the risk.

And if you don't care about PFs that much - go for it. It should be loaded with mechs, have good code, and be an absolutely gorgeous pinball machine as all JJPs are.

#1202 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I know people who couldn’t get replacement playfields and those that did had to fight really hard for them, which still isn’t a great resolution if it goes to someone who isn’t able to do a playfield swap, some people in this hobby physically can’t due to health issues.
But my original comment wasn’t to cause a big song and dance Vitty felt the need to try and make a big deal out of it but it’s always good to bring up the point for those unaware of past issues. No doubt there will be the same people moaning about problems if there are any, rinse and repeat is the Pinside way haha.

Totally agree that it was a lousy resolution to a problem they are responsible for.... I for one would never do a play field swap

#1203 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

ut if the same folks are back on here in 2-3 months, raging because their playfield sucks and has damage

Whoever complains about a JJP PF from here on out is a complete idiot. You know what your going to get so its no surprise. If you think any different at this point its shame on you. The surprise will be if it holds up well and there is no issues.

#1204 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Haha always find it funny when someone tells someone to man up buttercup from behind a keyboard but anyhoo some people had much bigger problems than a couple of washers on their playfield, but if non of that bothers you then good for you buddy, you enjoy it no hate my end.

I don’t like doing this but check out this dudes collection!Why are you here instead of the Whats Stern’s new pin thread? Thanks

#1205 1 year ago

I wonder honestly if we have hit the upward peak of the upward curve. With the massive recession incoming I do not know
many people that can shoulder another price hike. That said with very few New Releases right now not sure that any route
owners can not pony up and pick one up. Looking forward to see what they come up with.. At this point with all the hoopla
can it be anything else than Toy Story or Buzz Lightyear?

#1206 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I wonder honestly if we have hit the upward peak of the upward curve. With the massive recession incoming I do not know
many people that can shoulder another price hike. That said with very few New Releases right now not sure that any route
owners can not pony up and pick one up. Looking forward to see what they come up with.. At this point with all the hoopla
can it be anything else than Toy Story or Buzz Lightyear?

I think this is their last chance to set this crazy pricing!After the recession sets in full boar everybody will have to cut prices to do business This includes remodeling and trade contractors along with pinball companies.

#1207 1 year ago

Market is going to flood over the next three months w/ used pins. The turnover will be sludge and everyone thinking they will flip TS CE will find themselves in a leaky boat. No market can maintain upward mobility without a major dip in there.

#1208 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Market is going to flood over the next three months w/ used pins. The turnover will be sludge and everyone thinking they will flip TS CE will find themselves in a leaky boat. No market can maintain upward mobility without a major dip in there.

I hope yall are right, but I dont see it happening. Nothing will ever be reasonably priced again.

#1209 1 year ago

What about the other title that will be announced this year any rumors?

#1210 1 year ago
Quoted from Munsters:

I hope The Matrix

#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

3 months? More like 3-4 years and possibly longer.

I just got back from a vacation spot we go every year and it always packed. 2 hour waits to eat at every restaurant, beaches and pools packed, etc... and this year it was ghost town. It is coming and will hurt.

#1212 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

I just got back from a vacation spot we go every year and it always packed. 2 hour waits to eat at every restaurant, beaches and pools packed, etc... and this year it was ghost town. It is coming and will hurt.

Shit I HOPE my vacay spot is a ghost town. Fingers crossed.

#1213 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Shit I HOPE my vacay spot is a ghost town. Fingers crossed.

Careful what you wish for

#1214 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t like doing this but check out this dudes collection!Why are you here instead of the Whats Stern’s new pin thread? Thanks

No idea why pointing out something from one manufacturer makes you a fanboy of another, let’s leave that at the door before someone ends up looking silly.

I’m 100% in on a Toy Story I’m just not jumping in on release. Will get ah LE and upgrade to a CE if the chance comes down the road.

#1215 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I hope The Matrix

You don’t have to hope, I know it

-Morpheus

#1216 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

I read his comment as to the start, not duration. If that is indeed the case, I sadly agree with both of you. I got my haircut today, and the stylist said that she is really struggling to pay for gas and groceries, as are all of her friends. I just drove back this morning from Elkhart, IN, and the RV factories are starting to lay off, and had overflow fields full of product. I have family that works in that industry. These are real people, with real problems, not political agitators or apologists. I see a lot of the latter on here, which always makes me scratch my head.

I have money saved for TS, and hope the release is soon and spectacular. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking twice about buying another pin, from any manufacturer right now. I just hope the current manufacturers survive what is on the horizon.

#1217 1 year ago

I just got confirmation: Only 350 CE’s for this title. 100 Buzz’s, 100 Woody’s, 100 Forky’s and 50 Slinky’s

#1218 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

100 Forky’s and 50 Slinky’s

That's 100 too much of one, and not enough of the other.

Edit: Ooooooooh. JJP should make you only sign up for a CE, but you can't choose your edition. Then 100 poor saps eventually open their CE box and saw they dropped 2.5 Stern Pros' worth of $$$ for the "Poochie/Jar Jar Binks" edition.

#1219 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I just got confirmation: Only 350 CE’s for this title. 100 Buzz’s, 100 Woody’s, 100 Forky’s and 50 Slinky’s

Toy Story 4 theme confirmed?

#1220 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

No idea why pointing out something from one manufacturer makes you a fanboy of another, let’s leave that at the door before someone ends up looking silly.
I’m 100% in on a Toy Story I’m just not jumping in on release. Will get ah LE and upgrade to a CE if the chance comes down the road.

In a JJP thread there’s a lot trolls who just love to piss on anything and everything JJP!

#1221 1 year ago

semi-interesting theme for me but I’m not getting one before I see some gameplay. By that time for sure all CE’s are gone

#1222 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

not a chance

#1223 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

In a JJP thread there’s a lot trolls who just love to piss on anything and everything JJP!

I don't think he was trolling just saying that you might want to be cautious with your enthusiasm due to JJP's recent playfield track record. I personally am not a fan of most of their games but I do like Hobbit and Pirates of the Carribean. At the same time I don't think any other company has put out as bad of games as Mando and Led Zeppelin. You can say something negative about a company but still like that company, at least I think its allowed.

#1224 1 year ago

Man I would be pissed if Forky was the CE. I hope the CE is just a different art package but not character specific. I am expecting a Slinky ramp, Claw Machine Lock, Buzz Ramp, and hopefully a solid Movie Asset package.

#1225 1 year ago

With JJP’s outward messaging focused on the CE model, I feel like the LE is being treated like white, trash. I will be going for an LE and word above is that each model will run on separate lines, at the same time, LE buyers won’t have to wait until all CE’s are done. I believe the LE will be offered at $12k and that’s enough. I can’t fathom the CE features pulling me in. I’m not buying without seeing the ball rolling around and seeing high res pics. Hoping they release sizzle videos about half hour before the order banks open.

When do we think this will go down? Two most promising times would be in the morning on Friday, 6/10 or Monday, 6/13. It feels like it may be one of those convenient days. Either way we’ll hear about on Pinside the second it happens, I’ll bet.

#1226 1 year ago

Is Toy Story still rumored to be a re-skin of Willie Wonka? I have not kept up with all of the scuttlebutt.

#1227 1 year ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Is Toy Story still rumored to be a re-skin of Willie Wonka? I have not kept up with all of the scuttlebutt.

I HIGHLY doubt they do that.

#1228 1 year ago

I never heard this as a rumor - rumor was Wonka was toy story originally.

Quoted from Hi-Fi:

#1229 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Buzz, Woody and Slinky are the most liked toys. Whoops they missed one, Rex. and then they give us Forky? I don’t think I would every buy a Forky CE, F’n No Way. At least there are 3 great choices in the possible pool. Won’t effect me though, I’m be slumming it with the lowly LE.

4A34E9F8-0B72-46DC-988C-770C4EB113CD.jpeg4A34E9F8-0B72-46DC-988C-770C4EB113CD.jpeg
#1230 1 year ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

It most definitely won't be.

#1231 1 year ago

Hoping they don't bump up the SE price too much(and that there is an SE). On the plus side I could use the money not used buying Toy Story to go crazy with the virtual pinball setup.

#1232 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

With JJP’s outward messaging focused on the CE model, I feel like the LE is being treated like white, trash. I will be going for an LE and word above is that each model will run on separate lines, at the same time, LE buyers won’t have to wait until all CE’s are done. I believe the LE will be offered at $12k and that’s enough. I can’t fathom the CE features pulling me in. I’m not buying without seeing the ball rolling around and seeing high res pics. Hoping they release sizzle videos about half hour before the order banks open.

Agreed. If I like what I see then I'm perfectly fine with a LE. JJP LE's are still very packed. Invisiglass, Shaker, External Volume, Backglass, Color Powder Coated Rails/Legs etc.

#1233 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Hoping they don't bump up the SE price too much(and that there is an SE). On the plus side I could use the money not used buying Toy Story to go crazy with the virtual pinball setup.

SE was rumored and confirmed (pretty sure) to be gone. So you are looking at the LE for your “value” option. If I had told you in 2012 that one day JJP’s base game would be $12k, you’d have slapped my mouth. But I think it’s here so I get to slap you back.

#1234 1 year ago

SE was rumored and confirmed (pretty sure) to be gone. So you are looking at the LE for your “value” option. If I had told you in 2012 that one day JJP’s base game would be $12k, you’d have slapped my mouth. But I think it’s here so I get to slap you back.

DF17931D-4F03-4F82-8D39-9D5164CE29A6.gifDF17931D-4F03-4F82-8D39-9D5164CE29A6.gif
#1235 1 year ago

What’s the point? Pin pricing has gone up? Last time I checked ALL manufacturers have followed suit. The price of a Stern Pro?

Never would have believed it! Premium? Nope? LE? Just crazy. Lol

Labor costs, supplies, materials, rent, insurance, etc etc. it’s called “inflation” and it’s out of control right now.

And I was there in 2012 when Jack severely underestimated the true cost of delivering a WOZ pin and nearly went down the tubes.

Stern needed investors to survive.

I remember paying 5 cents for a pack of baseball cards as a kid.

Times change.

Bring on Toy Story, all the whiners, nitpickers and complainers? A small loud vocal group.

Why? Because JJP is going to blow out sales of Toy Story. Record setting for them

And aren’t we always told that Pinside represents just a small piece of the hobby?

Here we go. Gonna be fun!

#1236 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What’s the point? Pin pricing has gone up? Last time I checked ALL manufacturers have followed suit. The price of a Stern Pro?
Never would have believed it! Premium? Nope? LE? Just crazy. Lol
Labor costs, supplies, materials, rent, insurance, etc etc. it’s called “inflation” and it’s out of control right now.
And I was there in 2012 when Jack severely underestimated the true cost of delivering a WOZ pin and nearly went down the tubes.
Stern needed investors to survive.
I remember paying 5 cents for a pack of baseball cards as a kid.
Times change.
Bring on Toy Story, all the whiners, nitpickers and complainers? A small loud vocal group.
Why? Because JJP is going to blow out sales of Toy Story. Record setting for them
And aren’t we always told that Pinside represents just a small piece of the hobby?
Here we go. Gonna be fun!

I must say I love your enthusiasm!!

#1237 1 year ago

I would not be surprised if, in the current environment, JJP offers CE's for around $18,000. And why not? Assuming the game is great, why should they give all the profit to flippers when they could give half to themself (JJP). If the CE game is as good as prior games let's assume retail on a CE is $18,000. Within weeks flippers could easily get $22,000. Seems like a fair play to me for JJP to go to $18,000. In addition, 1,000 CE's would seem about right.
Assuming the game is actually different than LE's and below as most JJP are it would be "worth it". Otherwise, buy LE's and get most of the goodies.
If CE's are more "loaded" as in the past, I have $36,000 for two CE's. One to play immediately and one to save for the future.

#1238 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Be careful, there is a pinsider who keeps track of comments like “market is flooded”, “are prices too high”, etc.. he will quickly swoop in and shame you for bringing this topic up!

#1239 1 year ago
Quoted from JayH:

I have $36,000 for two CE's. One to play immediately and one to save for the future.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#1240 1 year ago
Quoted from JayH:

And why not?

Because most of us would bail!

#1242 1 year ago

Sorry. I totally screwed up my original post.

The market being flooded has less to do with the cost and more to do with the pattern of people quickly selling a freshly bought pin to buy the next newest pin. Combine this with the number of total NIB pins hitting the market each quarter, subversion of the used market will occur.

So the people getting used to the pattern of buy-play a little-and sale, will find too many of the same used pins being sold and will be forced to lower there prices to compete.

Finally, shortly after the used market becomes a short sale (Super Cheap), the NIB market will follow suit. This will be in response to the very large gap between the now “cheap & hardly used” pins and the NIB pins.

Just my logic, but I’m no expert.

#1243 1 year ago

If you listen to the video Ken asks international buyers that can't find a distributor for a CE to call JJP to help them with that before the game is released.

My guess is that means we might get a teaser Friday and reveal early next week. Unlikely we see it until then.

#1244 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

If you listen to the video Ken asks international buyers that can't find a distributor for a CE to call JJP to help them with that before the game is released.
My guess is that means we might get a teaser Friday and reveal early next week. Unlikely we see it until then.

The fact JJP made a CE specific purchasing video makes me question the 350 CE mentioned above, if they where doing 350 CEs why make a video at all, they are likely spoken for already and if not will sell out easy at that number.

Hopefully this means we are getting a much higher CE number this time around, I often buy the top tier for my own personal tastes but I’m all for everyone who wants one getting the model they want so hopefully that happens here and everyone is happy.

#1245 1 year ago

Word is somewhere around 750 ce and the price point is gonna be much higher than before....supposedly 17k+ and u also got the high freight cost now and possible tax depending on location. Le wil be 12k+ and basically unlimited (5000) and there is no se version.
I've owned all jjp pins and currently have 3 still and will most likely get a le down the road after I play it and make sure all the early issues most jjp pins are plagued with are worked out. Very happy with my middle of run g@r le. Crazy times for pinball and looks like jjp is trying to get most the profit instead of the flippers. Also lots g@r ce went up when this announcement was made today. Guess will c what happens...

#1246 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Word is somewhere around 750 ce and the price point is gonna be much higher than before....supposedly 17k+ and u also got the high freight cost now and possible tax depending on location. Le wil be 12k+ and basically unlimited (5000) and there is no se version.
I've owned all jjp pins and currently have 3 still and will most likely get a le down the road after I play it and make sure all the early issues most jjp pins are plagued with are worked out. Very happy with my middle of run g@r le. Crazy times for pinball and looks like jjp is trying to get most the profit instead of the flippers. Also lots g@r ce went up when this announcement was made today. Guess will c what happens...

I heard directly from my distro that CEs were $15000. Don’t know if you heard reliable info otherwise.

#1247 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I heard directly from my distro that CEs were $15000. Don’t know if you heard reliable info otherwise.

Yeah, I'm thinking $15k CE, $12k - $12.5k LE. Crazy.

#1248 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, I'm thinking $15k CE, $12k - $12.5k LE. Crazy.

Is it crazy if they sell out? Shrugs.

#1249 1 year ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Watch-Limited-re-release-to-mark-The-Godfather-50th-anniversary (resized).jpgWatch-Limited-re-release-to-mark-The-Godfather-50th-anniversary (resized).jpg
#1250 1 year ago

Mmhmhm muwhhaa mmpbhm multiball!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 16.95
$ 35.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/25?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.