(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 121.
#1151 1 year ago

by my distributor.

#1152 1 year ago

I'm sure most distributor allocations have been full for a pretty significant amount of time. There were probably a few outliers, but I know folks who have been on Toy Story CE lists for well over a year.

#1153 1 year ago

Hell with the CE, but I did put my deposit on a LE this morning

Edit* Lawlors due for another puppet head on a playfield

#1154 1 year ago

Is this his last game or is that just a rumor?

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Hell with the CE, but I did put my deposit on a LE this morning
Edit* Lawlors due for another puppet head on a playfield

#1155 1 year ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

I was told the CE is sold out??

Just get on the list for distributors that keep lists and get on the mailing list for those that don't.

If they end up making more CEs this time and/or the price is a lot higher than GnRCE, you will be able to get one.

#1156 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I'm sure most distributor allocations have been full for a pretty significant amount of time. There were probably a few outliers, but I know folks who have been on Toy Story CE lists for well over a year.

I have been on a list for about 3 years. Its a dream theme for me and the family. Hope it does not suck

#1157 1 year ago

It won't suck. Lawlor has made some stellar JJP pins in Wonka and Dialed In - their 2 best!

#1158 1 year ago

self-imposed moderation.
Post content deleted due to misinformation.

#1159 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

The video clearly said to use the CONTACT form on the JJP website and let them know you wanted a CE. They would then try and pair you up with a distro and/or put you on the list for one of the JJP Direct allotments. 1-2-3- GO!

CONTACT FORM?!

I'm out

#1160 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

CONTACT FORM?!
I'm out

This was For international only

#1161 1 year ago

TS has been in development for years, so it's pretty surprising there aren't any details that have been leaked.

Still nothing out there?

#1162 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

TS has been in development for years, so it's pretty surprising there aren't any details that have been leaked.
Still nothing out there?

It is amazing no pic no vids nothing!

#1163 1 year ago

Shouldn’t we give credit to JJP for taking steps to ensure everyone is aware of how to order CEs? They listened to the issues with GNR orders and have tried to address it.

#1164 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

The video clearly said to use the CONTACT form on the JJP website and let them know you wanted a CE. They would then try and pair you up with a distro and/or put you on the list for one of the JJP Direct allotments. 1-2-3- GO!

That was for non-US buyers. I believe.

#1165 1 year ago

The way I see it, and based on past experiences, LE’s will most likely turn out to be a much better value. What did Pirates CE owners got for theirs? A different (and uglier) colored playfield with same playfield issues as LE’s and SE’s, a CE placard, and a noisy topper?

Unless the CE offers a different playing experience by adding more goodies and toys, I just don’t see the justification. We will see….

#1166 1 year ago

Thought this was interesting

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Thought this was interesting[quoted image]

Hey that's me! Lol

#1168 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Thought this was interesting[quoted image]

I read that as sales officially going live everywhere at the same time regardless of if it’s Direct or distributor.

#1169 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

That was for non-US buyers. I believe.

Yup you are right. thanks for the correction. I will edit my post.

#1170 1 year ago

Well, They have a $30k game now and LE owners dont. Look at GnR, folks were selling CEs for over $20k while LEs have been holding down near MSRP. A lot of folks know the limited versions have a better chance of holding their value.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

The way I see it, and based on past experiences, LE’s will most likely turn out to be a much better value. What did Pirates CE owners got for theirs? A different (and uglier) colored playfield with same playfield issues as LE’s and SE’s, a CE placard, and a noisy topper?
Unless the CE offers a different playing experience by adding more goodies and toys, I just don’t see the justification. We will see….

#1171 1 year ago

I’m just hoping to get one because love pinball never to flip , hope those of us who actually want one to keep and play get priority which I know to figure out who that is like impossible

#1172 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

All CE's will be sold out within hours.
Even a rumored 500 Buzz and 500 woody isn't enough to prevent this.
I'm skipping the CE and the headache.
I'm personally waiting for price and gameplay, and if I like it buy a much later production number.

#1173 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I'm personally waiting for price and gameplay, and if I like it buy a much later production number.

Ditto

#1174 1 year ago

I got a good deal on this one

22B61150-0292-44DC-BAD5-22BE7256E715 (resized).jpeg22B61150-0292-44DC-BAD5-22BE7256E715 (resized).jpeg
#1175 1 year ago

Its starting to boil.

#1176 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Exactly my thoughts! CE’s will sell out within minutes and that’s OK. The only CE I would buy sight unseen would be The Matrix or Star Wars. Sitting out the TS CE frenzy and assessing the machine, game play and the issues TS will most likely have before pulling the trigger.

#1177 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Well, They have a $30k game now and LE owners dont. Look at GnR, folks were selling CEs for over $20k while LEs have been holding down near MSRP. A lot of folks know the limited versions have a better chance of holding their value.

If your motive for buying is to resell it, then It makes sense

#1178 1 year ago

Retained value is important. If both are the same game essentially and spending an extra $3k upfront means I'll have an extra $9k in value in 3 years, who wouldnt make that same call.
Most people assume any pin will some day be sold, whether that's 1-20 years in the future. Same reason people are about resale value when buying a home they have no plans to sell. It's all part of the logic/emotion on a big purchase.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

If your motive for buying is to resell it, then It makes sense

#1179 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Retained value is important. If both are the same game essentially and spending an extra $3k upfront means I'll have an extra $9k in value in 3 years, who wouldnt make that same call.
Most people assume any pin will some day be sold, whether that's 1-20 years in the future. Same reason people are about resale value when buying a home they have no plans to sell. It's all part of the logic/emotion on a big purchase.

I must agree

#1180 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

In the long run you're correct as the LE and CE basically plays the same. It will be interesting to see if JJP adds mechs to the TSCE like they did with GNR. My guess is they will do go in the same direction and add an additional mech/toy along with adding the standard rad cals, armor, blades, and topper.

#1181 1 year ago

Look, I do understand wanting an LE model to rip off your fellow hobbyist when you resell it right away. But early JJPs are basically asking for something to be wrong. You'd think they'd release LEs later, at the very least, until fixes are worked out.

#1182 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

If CE prices come out at $14k - $15k though and at 1,000 games there's going to be far less room for value growth. GNR CE's are going for around $17k - $18k but those games game out at $12,500 NIB and 500 were made. $14k - $15k NIB with 1,000 games made is an entirely different story. Even at $14k - $15k with 1,000 games the CE should at least maintain that level of value.

#1183 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Look, I do understand wanting an LE model to rip off your fellow hobbyist when you resell it right away. But early JJPs are basically asking for something to be wrong. You'd think they'd release LEs later, at the very least, until fixes are worked out.

....applies to all pinball vendors I've ever run across

#1184 1 year ago

Ok, from my distro who I won’t name, but it’s a major one. I made the list for a ce. I got on many months ago.

CEs and LEs on the two lines simultaneously right now. 4 weeks to be in stock. CE at $15000. I think that’s all the info I got.

#1185 1 year ago

I dont disagree with you. Same thing has happened with Stern LEs. When there were $500 you could guarantee an increase of value on "most" of them. With 1000 CEs, it doesnt really matter if you have an LE or a CE. I'd prefer a CE, but if I get an LE I'm fine with that too. I've got a POTC LE, a Wonka CE and had a GnR LE. The only reason I have so many Stern LEs is because I'm impatient and want my games as quickly as I can get them.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If CE prices come out at $14k - $15k though and at 1,000 games there's going to be far less room for value growth. GNR CE's are going for around $17k - $18k but those games game out at $12,500 NIB and 500 were made. $14k - $15k NIB with 1,000 games made is an entirely different story. Even at $14k - $15k with 1,000 games the CE should at least maintain that level of value.

#1186 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Ok, from my distro who I won’t name, but it’s a major one. I made the list for a ce. I got on many months ago.
CEs and LEs on the two lines simultaneously right now. 4 weeks to be in stock. CE at $15000. I think that’s all the info I got.

Thats crazy 15k and people are lining up sight unseen for it. I could never do that. I was excited when Rush was announced. Thought about putting money down. Put it down a deposit for another game "Deadpool" distributor said, that I can switch if I wanted its no problem. A local place for a Rush and I played it and I am so happy I didnt get a Rush.

#1187 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

At that price point a Multimorphic with a couple of game modules starts to make sense... Which is why mine are coming in October.

With that said, I hope Toy Story is epic.

#1188 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So your distributor confirmed the $15K ? I guessed that months ago, but was hoping I was wrong. Did he indicated how many CE's were gonna be made?

#1189 1 year ago

Anyone choking on $15k price for a CE is just in the grandstands waiting on the race to start.

#1190 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

At that price point a Multimorphic with a couple of game modules starts to make sense... Which is why mine are coming in October.
With that said, I hope Toy Story is epic.

I hear ya there, NIB pricing was high, then crazy, and is now at insane levels. I'm buying a high end loaded virtual pin as my next "pin" that for me will replace everything from the pre LCD era (besides Ghostbusters which I'm keeping, favorite movie).

#1191 1 year ago

What’s going to be fun is having to complete the order and not just put it in your cart. No reserved and 5 minutes to complete order or anything.

I am looking forward to the “I had it in my cart and ordered but my cc flagged the transaction, so I lost it boooo” or “i just got an infinite spinning wheel when checking out and I lost it grrr”. threads.

(Note, I am about 100% guaranteed to be in the “in the cart but couldn’t check out” group if I try to put a deposit down).

#1192 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Anyone choking on $15k price for a CE is just in the grandstands waiting on the race to start.

Yep and the flippers are waiting in pit row.
It will be wild race to watch.

#1193 1 year ago

I'm going to try my best when the online orders open up, but it's not gonna break my heart if I dont get one. I'll take an LE. That's easy to say now before seeing it though.

Quoted from Vespula:

#1194 1 year ago

And just like that everyone forgets JJP had playfields falling apart on their last two releases CE included.

834386D6-D3F9-434B-A1FB-F61598A8C272.gif834386D6-D3F9-434B-A1FB-F61598A8C272.gif
#1195 1 year ago

Man up buttercup! If you can't deal with a couple washers on a playfield you are in the wrong hobby! Such a tiny issue compared to the enjoyment of playing the games....sheesh

#1196 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Man up buttercup! If you can't deal with a couple washers on a playfield you are in the wrong hobby! Such a tiny issue compared to the enjoyment of playing the games....sheesh

Haha always find it funny when someone tells someone to man up buttercup from behind a keyboard but anyhoo some people had much bigger problems than a couple of washers on their playfield, but if non of that bothers you then good for you buddy, you enjoy it no hate my end.

#1197 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

That's right! The only way to really make them see how big of an issue shitty playfields are, on their machines, is to keep buying them regardless of the cost!

#1198 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

And just like that everyone forgets JJP had playfields falling apart on their last two releases CE included.
[quoted image]

My last two CE's were perfect! Now my POTC LE and Wonka LE both had minor pooling. JJP provided replacement play fields for both games (on their dime), which as we both know won't happen anymore

#1199 1 year ago

All that being said, if people want to spend their money on the games, knowing the past issues, it isn't my or anyone else's place to tell them what to spend money on.

But if the same folks are back on here in 2-3 months, raging because their playfield sucks and has damage, well....

#1200 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My last two CE's were perfect! Now my POTC LE and Wonka LE both had minor pooling. JJP provided replacement play fields for both games (on their dime), which as we both know won't happen anymore

I know people who couldn’t get replacement playfields and those that did had to fight really hard for them, which still isn’t a great resolution if it goes to someone who isn’t able to do a playfield swap, some people in this hobby physically can’t due to health issues.

But my original comment wasn’t to cause a big song and dance Vitty felt the need to try and make a big deal out of it but it’s always good to bring up the point for those unaware of past issues. No doubt there will be the same people moaning about problems if there are any, rinse and repeat is the Pinside way haha.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.