(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 121.
#1101 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

At this point it's who you know. If you're towards the top of a distributor's list, you are good to go. Personally, if I were a distributor and I was selling a CE to a customer, I would make a stipulation that I would be emailing them monthly to make sure they still have the machine. Time stamped proof or even a FaceTime session to certify that they haven't flipped it for a profit would be needed. If they have sold it, they move down the list. No answer to my email? Down the list you go. Simple as that.
Too many people ruining it for others just trying to make a few grand. Really sad.

Or JJP could fix the problem by just making as many CEs as the market wants.

#1102 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or JJP could fix the problem by just making as many CEs as the market wants.

But then you lose the meaning of it being a very limited number available which gives it its value

#1103 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

At this point it's who you know. If you're towards the top of a distributor's list, you are good to go. Personally, if I were a distributor and I was selling a CE to a customer, I would make a stipulation that I would be emailing them monthly to make sure they still have the machine. Time stamped proof or even a FaceTime session to certify that they haven't flipped it for a profit would be needed. If they have sold it, they move down the list. No answer to my email? Down the list you go. Simple as that.
Too many people ruining it for others just trying to make a few grand. Really sad.

If that is what people are doing, sad. No other words. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though. Greed is what gets everyone in trouble. It is one of the worst character flaws of humans. No other way to put it.

#1104 1 year ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

If that is what people are doing, sad. No other words. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though. Greed is what gets everyone in trouble. It is one of the worst character flaws of humans. No other way to put it.

After the game is released, wait about a month and check the Market. You'll see a bunch of CEs on there with a $10k markup, guaranteed.

#1105 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

But then you lose the meaning of it being a very limited number available which gives it its value

The limited number doesn't really give it value. I believe Jack has said that the last couple of games they've sold, they have sold less standard editions than any other version. The standard is really the most limited version... Plus, looks at WOZ, they can make as many different types of collectors editions as they please. They're not so limited after all.

People generally just want the best version of the game.

It is a bummer that they prevent anyone who wants one from getting one. This mainly just benefits the flippers.

#1106 1 year ago

My distrib's CE allocation was higher than expected (although not enough to meet demand) - which probably means they are making more CEs this time around.

Still no pricing information, but $15k seems to be a persistent rumor. I hope not.

#1107 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If it was merely cosmetic differences, I could see it, but adding the physical coma lock to the CEs only meant that if you wanted the most complete GnR with all the mechs, you had to have a CE.

And CE is just "Collector's Edition" there's no limit in the name like "Limited Edition." If you want one for the scarcity flippers, add some bling to the Collector's Edition and make a Limited Collector's Edition. But making all the CEs the market wants would solve the flipper issue for the most part.

#1108 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it was merely cosmetic differences, I could see it, but adding the physical coma lock to the CEs only meant that if you wanted the most complete GnR with all the mechs, you had to have a CE.
And CE is just "Collector's Edition" there's no limit in the name like "Limited Edition." If you want one for the scarcity flippers, add some bling to the Collector's Edition and make a Limited Collector's Edition. But making all the CEs the market wants would solve the flipper issue for the most part.

Exactly if JJPs “limited edition” is pretty much endless with a total of 5000 units (which I keep hearing they have not hit the total 5k) then why not just produce an unlimited collectors edition for all the collectors and reduce the number of the limited edition tier a little.

#1109 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Exactly if JJPs “limited edition” is pretty much endless with a total of 5000 units (which I keep hearing they have not hit the total 5k) then why not just produce an unlimited collectors edition for all the collectors and reduce the number of the limited edition tier a little.

The LE is really the equivalent of a Stern Premium, so why limit it at all? The nomenclature JJP has gone with is really what's a problem.

So have the Special Edition (formerly LE, no limit), the Collector's Edition (now unlimited), and Unobtanium Edition (special collector's edition limited to 200 with super bling and a 25k price tag).

It would essentially solve the flipping problem since the Unobtanium would have the same features as the Collector's Edition, just extra niceties/trim.

#1110 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

The limited number doesn't really give it value. I believe Jack has said that the last couple of games they've sold, they have sold less standard editions than any other version. The standard is really the most limited version... Plus, looks at WOZ, they can make as many different types of collectors editions as they please. They're not so limited after all.
People generally just want the best version of the game.
It is a bummer that they prevent anyone who wants one from getting one. This mainly just benefits the flippers.

WOZ was at a time where Jack promised they're would be no gameplay differences between each versions at JJP. But that ship has long sailed !

#1111 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:I've seen JJP's next game. Don't want to spill the beans in here publicly. Let's just say the hysteria they created after the GnR reveal is going to seem tame compared to their next one....
I've also seen and played Nordman's new game at American Pinball. It's a great time for pinball (with the exception of the prices, of course).

Hysteria ? So it's a Def Leppard pin? Pass

#1112 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

I heard the game after TS is Elton John, and Steve Ritchie is doing the voice of Elton John

Surely JJP can stretch to getting callouts from Elton?

#1113 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

I heard the game after TS is Elton John, and Steve Ritchie is doing the voice of Elton John

I don’t think that would be a smart business decision….at all

#1114 1 year ago

Okay... Where the heck will JJP announce the game when they are ready to release the notice? Let's say they do announce it during end of June during Pintastic would they post this announcement to https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/news/ or their Facebook page right away?

Or, do I have to follow some other feed?

Would like to know so I can contact my distributor right away.

#1115 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

You should have probably already done that.

#1116 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bless you sir. You are a wise man !
You'll be pleased with the game and quality of the build. CGC really knocked this one out of the park.
LTG : )

I ordered one after playing it at The Allentown Show. It played so well. Reminded me of how BW games played after unboxing them and setting them up back-in the 1990 ’s. The flipper feel was spot on which I didn’t previously think when playing CGC’s earlier releases.

#1117 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

My distrib's CE allocation was higher than expected (although not enough to meet demand) - which probably means they are making more CEs this time around.
Still no pricing information, but $15k seems to be a persistent rumor. I hope not.

15k would only be acceptable if the playfields were “diamond plate” quality. Unfortunately I don’t think that will ever happen.

#1118 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

You should have probably already done that.

Oh, I've done that already, but appears that I need to confirm that I am still interested in purchasing the product after the reveal.

Not sure if this is the workflow many distributors take or perhaps I mentioned to my distributor to buy a CE with contingency of JJP #7 being TS.

I should sort this out with him, but was just asking the community.

#1119 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Okay... Where the heck will JJP announce the game when they are ready to release the notice? Let's say they do announce it during end of June during Pintastic would they post this announcement to https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/news/ or their Facebook page right away?
Or, do I have to follow some other feed?

Go to the bottom of the website and sign up for the JJP mailing list. Follow JJP on instagram and facebook. Those three will get the announcements when there are announcements.

#1120 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Go to the bottom of the website and sign up for the JJP mailing list. Follow JJP on instagram and facebook. Those three will get the announcements when there are announcements.

Thank you! The answer I was looking for.

#1121 1 year ago

Dealers did get their allotment numbers so should be soon. In on a ce. No prices yet. What was a guns ce when released like 13? Prob 14 on ts.

#1122 1 year ago

They should just make one version and sell as many as they could, a pinball machine is not suppose to be an investment anyways. That way everybody gets the best version

#1123 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

They should just make one version and sell as many as they could, a pinball machine is not suppose to be an investment anyways. That way everybody gets the best version

But it is an investment

#1124 1 year ago

As a dumb person new to buying what’s the best strategy if I’ve dragged my feet to this point. Get on distributors interest list or wait for SE or LE direct from JJP website?

#1125 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

But it is an investment

That’s what we all tell ourselves and family/friends lol

#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

As a dumb person new to buying what’s the best strategy if I’ve dragged my feet to this point. Get on distributors interest list or wait for SE or LE direct from JJP website?

If late in the game I’d order from JJP direct on day 1. However, if you’d like someone in your corner if something goes wrong, then buying through a distributor is your best bet.

#1127 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

I don’t think you are “late” at all! They’ll be making TS’s for a whole year! Relax!

#1128 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

If you want an LE I say wait 6 months for any early issues to be resolved. The last 4 JJP pins in a row have had some early build games affected by playfield issues but those issues were resolved in later builds.

#1129 1 year ago

#1130 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I’m curious to see the game. But given their F you policy of warranty changes and playfield crapola I won’t buy one. Plus given their shit performance on location I’ll probably never find one to play. Oh well.

No soup for you!

#1131 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If you want an LE I say wait 6 months for any early issues to be resolved. The last 4 JJP pins in a row have had some early build games affected by playfield issues but those issues were resolved in later builds.

True, but this one has had 4 years of R&D

#1132 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Plus given their shit performance on location I’ll probably never find one to play. Oh well.

We did GREAT with WoZ and later jjPotC (even at $1.50/play) on the route I helped with. jjPotC was the #1 earner the whole time we had it. The only dud was Hobbit. It did really bad.

#1133 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We did GREAT with WoZ and later jjPotC (even at $1.50/play) on the route I helped with. jjPotC was the #1 earner the whole time we had it. The only dud was Hobbit. It did really bad.

Public pinball is kinda like real estate, location, location, location. Hobbit was a good earner for me at all my locations, PoTC did ok. I had a TAF that did horrible, I moved it 1.5 miles to another location I had and it earned like a mad man. Couldn’t figure it out other than the location.

#1134 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

Hobbit was a good earner for me at all my locations, PoTC did ok.

Same for me. Hobbit is the jjp pin that brings people in. POTC can go for Toy Story if it looks good.

LTG : )

#1135 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

No soup for you!

I visited the real soup nazi in NYC, the soup was delicious albeit $20, and the chef looks just like the Seinfeld character.

#1136 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I visited the real soup nazi in NYC, the soup was delicious albeit $20, and the chef looks just like the Seinfeld character.

That’s pretty cool!That was Seinfeld at its best.

#1137 1 year ago
#1138 1 year ago

Let the madness begin.....

#1140 1 year ago

I'm thinking some sort of teaser to whip everyone up into a frenzy either tomorrow or Friday. Then a full reveal early next week.

#1141 1 year ago

Very excited! I’m in!

#1142 1 year ago

What is this? I can’t see it because I don’t Facebook.

#1143 1 year ago

FOMO!

FOMO!

FOMO!

#1144 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

What is this? I can’t see it because I don’t Facebook.

It's just tips from JJP on how to order and secure a Collector's Edition. No info on the new title.

#1145 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

It's just tips from JJP on how to order and secure a Collector's Edition. No info on the new title.

Oh ok! Thanks!

#1146 1 year ago

What are people's feeling when it can be revealed? I work in a facility that disallows phones and I cannot glue myself to this computer.

Many said during Pintastic which is June 23-26, but do you have a feeling it will be sooner?

To me, given they announced a post about a reveal soon via Facebook and this new video drop for how to order a CE I wonder if it will be this weekend?

Or, is it common to announce it during the beginning of the month?

#1147 1 year ago

To me, based on past reveals and from a marketing perspective, they'll do a video reveal and live stream the weeks leading up to Pintastic and then have the games at Pintastic to play. But who knows.

#1148 1 year ago

I was told the CE is sold out??

#1149 1 year ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

Well it hasn't even been revealed yet. Having said that, distributors lists are probably full. Your best bet may be trying to order on their website when released. Just some thoughts

#1150 1 year ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

by who?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/23?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.