(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 121.
#851 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Maybe but what about Buzz?

I think Buzz is pretty widely imitated pretty effectively. They probably have a handful of excellent Buzz sound-alikes to use. I doubt they could afford Tim Allen for custom callouts. So if they're using movie clips, probably mostly Forky/Bo Peep etc ancillary characters and maybe Tom Hank's brother for the callouts and then actual licensed movie clips for everything else.

We'll see in about a month...

#852 1 year ago

Man… this is annoying waiting for the next JJP reveal.

I’m waiting to see if Spooky will create more Total Nuclear Annihilation , but if TS is confirmed it’s a done deal for me.

Reveal the game already JJP!!

#853 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Hey Jack! Chime in!

It's almost like he doesn't have anything to do with the company anymore.

#854 1 year ago

TS is their next game for sure and is based on all of the movies, from a source I talked to, he wouldn't give me anymore info as he is under NDA with JJP. Take that for what it's worth

#855 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

TS is their next game for sure and is based on all of the movies, from a source I talked to, he wouldn't give me anymore info as he is under NDA with JJP. Take that for what it's worth

#856 1 year ago

Kaneda telling everyone who waits they are stupid and going to regret sitting this one out, yet 6 weeks after release he will be telling all those that jumped in they are suckers for being drawn in by FOMO and it’s their own fault if they have playfield issues and they rushed into buying

#857 1 year ago

I've been to JJP twice in the last two weeks and was told both times I can't go in the production area as there working on something top secret. When I asked when the big unveiling is they just said they didn't know yet.

John

#858 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Then the bubble has truly burst !!
(By the way half the “I’ll wait” crew will change their minds as soon as the first cabinet photo is leaked)

You were at Allentown, we both know the bubble has burst, but we can continue to believe it hasn’t. Not making good on warranty issues and poor build quality combined with a shit economy, to me the writing is on the wall.

#859 1 year ago

Too bad this thread can’t just be rumors of the release of a new pin.

#860 1 year ago

I can’t get enough of these fanboy vs hater threads, you can always count on unbiased opinions of a game.

#861 1 year ago

I don’t mind both sides when they are In the correct thread. Just seems like they jump over to threads where we are just tracking details of a release.

#862 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Too bad this thread can’t just be rumors of the release of a new pin.

But a JJP collapse is so much more fun. Then Romulick can inject some strange, illogical defense of JJP. Then another like you can suggest we talk about Toy Story, and he'll get all the likes. SHUCKS!

#863 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

But a JJP collapse is so much more fun. Then Romulick can inject some strange, illogical defense of JJP. Then another like you can suggest we talk about Toy Story, and he'll get all the likes. SHUCKS!

Dude you are delusional!Nobody here is defending the playfield issues.You got issues man don’t lay that shit at my feet.I don’t go to other manufacturers new pin threads and try to convince everybody they’re shit and you shouldn’t buy one.
Why can’t you bring something constructive to the conversation Traydick!

#864 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Then he shouldn't have said that.

#865 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Then he shouldn't have said that.

Haha. Hard to argue with that logic. I mean if he's under NDA and he broke it a little, why stop there? Broke is broke.

#866 1 year ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I've been to JJP twice in the last two weeks and was told both times I can't go in the production area as there working on something top secret. When I asked when the big unveiling is they just said they didn't know yet.
John

That top secret is The Matrix. Heard it from a very good source

#867 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

That top secret is The Matrix. Heard it from one very good source

Seriously I can’t wait this is a dream theme for me!Im in for a CE

#868 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Seriously I can’t wait this is a dream theme for me!Im in for a CE

I’m in for 2 CE’s

#869 1 year ago

Anyone know the date for the reveal for TS?

#870 1 year ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Anyone know the date for the reveal for TS?

Maybe the 23rd? No one is sure.

#871 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

That top secret is The Matrix. Heard it from a very good source

It better be Matrix 1. I don't want any of that "forky's the psychiatrist now" crap.

#872 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude you are delusional!Nobody here is defending the playfield issues.You got issues man don’t lay that shit at my feet.I don’t go to other manufacturers new pin threads and try to convince everybody they’re shit and you shouldn’t buy one.
Why can’t you bring something constructive to the conversation Traydick!

Lol

#874 1 year ago

Think anyone not expecting toy story 4 elements, specifically forky is going to be disappointed, Disney love money too much and there is no way they don’t add their best seller from TS4.

I reckon we will get a buzz light year CE or super special edition, he is the Disney stores best selling toy can’t see Disney or JJP missing out on the Buzz collectors market.

#875 1 year ago

I gotta watch TS4 again, I don’t remember it being bad at all

Edit - Actually, isn’t it the one featuring a whole scene IN a pinball machine!?

#876 1 year ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I gotta watch TS4 again, I don’t remember it being bad at all
Edit - Actually, isn’t it the one featuring a whole scene IN a pinball machine!?

Yes it was.

TS4 was unnecessary. Everything was nicely finalized in TS3 and completed the story of Andy and his toys. TS4 was Disney's typical money grab that created two separate storylines that weren't needed so they can continue to milk for everything they can.

#877 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Yes it was.
TS4 was unnecessary. Everything was nicely finalized in TS3 and completed the story of Andy and his toys. TS4 was Disney's typical money grab that created two separate storylines that weren't needed so they can continue to milk for everything they can.

Like their doing with the Star War movies and now Marvel!

#878 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Like their doing with the Star War movies and now Marvel!

Difference being TS4 was good and most of the MCU marvel studio films are good to great.

Those new Star Wars films where complete garbage!

#879 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Difference being TS4 was good and most of the MCU marvel studio films are good to great.
Those new Star Wars films where complete garbage!

Totally agree with Star Wars statement.It’s like they just wanting so badly for females to be in charge and kicked Hans Solo like characters that add the fun out of the script

#880 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Totally agree with Star Wars statement.It’s like they just wanting so badly for females to be in charge and kicked Hans Solo like characters that add the fun out of the script

It’s a problem with modern day “feminists” instead of making strong female leads (Sarah Conner, Allen Ripley) who over come the odds and prove it’s nothing to do with the fact they are a woman they are simply resourceful and strong characters who happen to be female.

It’s now all about simply making female characters the most powerful characters out there, which surely defeats the point of women being strong? I know I’d take Conner or Ripley over Captain Marvel or Rey any day of the week because the first two battled for it compared to the latter two who where just given all the power and abilities from the get go.

#881 1 year ago

Oh boy. I see this thread is going swimmingly.

#882 1 year ago

Are there really going to be 2 CE Versions?

#883 1 year ago

Yes... they are bend and over.

#884 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yes... they are bend and over.

Your so funny haha

#885 1 year ago

That'd be a way to stretch it out, and would not be unprecedented. Stern did the Back in Black LE AND the Let There Be Rock LE for AC/DC.

#886 1 year ago

Is it coming tomorrow?

#887 1 year ago

Could today be the day? Do they always announce on a Monday?

#888 1 year ago

In theaters June 17

#889 1 year ago

a spaced theme pin with humor. I could get into that. I generally don't watch animated shows, but the animations are pretty impressive.

#890 1 year ago
Quoted from goofy1994:

In theaters June 17

That's why my guess for the release of the pin is that week. Piggyback on the hype of the movie.

#891 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

That's why my guess for the release of the pin is that week. Piggyback on the hype of the movie.

Would be better to have the pin out by then and let the operators put them in cinemas. Great PR for pinball and JJP

#892 1 year ago

If JJP releases it today I will donate $100 to charity!

#893 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

“Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to.” Kylo Ren.

#894 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

If JJP releases it today I will donate $100 to charity!

Knowing JJP and their ability to hit dates your money is likely very safe, unfortunately for the charity.

#895 1 year ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

You were at Allentown, we both know the bubble has burst, but we can continue to believe it hasn’t. Not making good on warranty issues and poor build quality combined with a shit economy, to me the writing is on the wall.

What was at Allentown that makes you think the bubble has burst?

People have been predicting the pinball price collapse for at least 20 years, if people are no longer buying used games (like Stern premiums or pros) for 2K over new ones, that seems good to me!

#896 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

“Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to.” Kylo Ren.

Uh ok?

#897 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Yes it was.

So what. My 2 year old likes it. In my opinion it ain't bad but it wasn't made for grown ass men

#898 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

So what. My 2 year old likes it. In my opinion it ain't bad but it wasn't made for grown ass men

I disagree.

2 year olds like teletubbies and the wiggles, and there’s lots in the TS franchise for them as well.

There’s also lots in TS for grown ass men.

#899 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Great movies, especially to watch with my young kids makes it all the better something we can watch and enjoy equally.

If the pin is good I’ll certainly buy one but I want to see how the playfields are first.

#900 1 year ago

I was 13 when Toy Story came out. I still have my Toy Story pillow case from then. My wife constantly reminds me I am not a grown ass man so I guess it makes sense I still love Toy Story. I am ok with owning that lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
$ 16.95
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/18?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.