(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 121.
#801 1 year ago

What’s the #1 mech or toy does Toy Story need to be special?

#802 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

For me a well executed claw machine.

#803 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Some ideas:
The claw would be awesome

A slinky dog habitrail would be cool. Maybe have it lined with a slinky that stretches/shakes when nudging.

A buzz light-year ball lock that looks like his spaceship opening.

Speak and spell that shows the "most valuable shot"

There is a lot they can use from the movies for sure!

#804 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:12499 $ LE
14999 $ CE
5000 LE
800 CE
No se

I feel like you predicted accurately the prior release pricing. Is that right? Maybe pull in your previous posts from when you predicted earlier jjp games to show others if I’m correct.

#805 1 year ago

Claw Machine mode:
Hit a roving shot to lock it in. Then hit it again two times within a time limit to get your prize. Each different shot gives you a different prize. The different prizes you get give you different bonuses.
Animation note: The claw roves with the roving shot. When you hit the roving shot the claw descends. If you hit the shot again the claw clamps on to the prize. If you fail to hit the shot within the time limit then the claw fails to clamp onto the prize. If you hit the second shot the prize is retrieved successfully. If you fail to hit the shot within the time limit then the prize slips out of the claw.

I wrote this for fun for something else and I'm posting it just for fun.

#806 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Well, a forky is a no-brainer. Maybe commenting on gameplay like Smaug?

Possibly a ferris wheel ball transport like cyclone/raza? (I hope not, I hate these)

They could have scaled down discarded items from the antique store, including the talking dummy which would be a callback to Lawlor's Funhouse:

A duke kaboom jump ramp that comes out you can use to jump the playfield with a pinball bonus if you stick the landing:

It would be hilarious if JJP had some spot LED lighting and some specific weird figures from the cabinet party in the pinball machine cabinet.

Software-wise, maybe a perk system like Star Wars where what character you choose affects gameplay?

#808 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Possibly a ferris wheel ball transport like cyclone/raza? (I hope not, I hate these)
They could have scaled down discarded items from the antique store, including the talking dummy which would be a callback to Lawlor's Funhouse:
A duke kaboom jump ramp that comes out you can use to jump the playfield with a pinball bonus if you stick the landing:
It would be hilarious if JJP had some spot LED lighting and some specific weird figures from the cabinet party in the pinball machine cabinet.
Software-wise, maybe a perk system like Star Wars where what character you choose affects gameplay?

Those are some great ideas.

#809 1 year ago

Maybe this is a silly idea...
What if the CEs could be ordered for a limited time versus a limited quantity?
There's a 2 week order window and that's it.
After that it's just LEs...

Is that even a possibility? Or too hard to plan for parts, etc...

#810 1 year ago

maybe there can be a houdini like catapult but instead Buzz grabs the ball, says infinity and beyond and then gets cataspulted to another spot holding the ball. I dunno it sounds cool in my head! Looking forward to actually seeing what they come up with

#811 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

LED Lighting and figures in the pin cabinet? Brilliant, yes. Original? No.

Screenshot_20220517-204121_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220517-204121_Photos (resized).jpg
#812 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I love you Monk but we don’t want no stinking forky or anything TS 4!
We’re all in for the 1,2,and 3 TS’s

#813 1 year ago

You would really buy another JJP game after the PF Fiasco that was GnR?

#814 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I pretty sure you're probably only going to find around 5000 people who will say yes.

#815 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I'm with you, but just being realistic. Steel yourself.

#816 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

LED Lighting and figures in the pin cabinet? Brilliant, yes. Original? No.
[quoted image]

Toy Story 4 beat you by a few years. And...those ones walked and talked.

#817 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Definitely this!

Toy-Story-2-1024x576-1280x720 (resized).jpgToy-Story-2-1024x576-1280x720 (resized).jpg
#818 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Don’t forget Pirates and Wonka

#819 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Toy Story 4 beat you by a few years. And...those ones walked and talked.

I would guess it will be more original Toy Story and less Toy Story 4

#820 1 year ago

This game not having a fully functioning claw machine inside of it will be a disappointment on a non-moving baby yoda level!!

Also it needs like 20 magnets or I’m out!

#821 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I would guess it will be more original Toy Story and less Toy Story 4

Hope springs eternal, but reality is a harsh mistress.

Fingers crossed you get your wish.

#822 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hope springs eternal, but reality is a harsh mistress.
Fingers crossed you get your wish.

If you look at when this game was started I don’t think TS 4 was even on the storyboard?

#823 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This game not having a fully functioning claw machine inside of it will be a disappointment on a non-moving baby yoda level!!

No baby yoda for sure.20 magnets?

#824 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Yes. I bought a JJP. Playfield is fine. I had two quality issues that JJP promptly addressed, one involving sending me a new $300 part that arrived within 3 days. Could not be happier.

#825 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If you look at when this game was started I don’t think TS 4 was even on the storyboard?

Toy Story 4 was announced by Disney at an investors meeting in 2014, well before even Hobbit, PotC and Wonka were released by JJP. Treatment was done in 2015. Script was completed sometime in 2017. Steel yourself.

#826 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Toy Story 4 was announced by Disney at an investors meeting in 2014, well before even Hobbit, PotC and Wonka were released by JJP. Steel yourself.

Ok I stand corrected but my money is still on the original trilogy!

#827 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Ok I stand corrected but my money is still on the original trilogy!

If it's the original movie I will be thrilled as will many others. Original trilogy will be okay, too. But be prepared for the possibility it's not that.

But honestly, as long as it's a good pin design that's fun to play, it will tick enough boxes that people will enjoy it. My main hope is it's not a parade of Lawlor's greatest hits and actually has some cool new design elements/mechs. If this really is his last pin, would be nice to go out on a career high.

#828 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Better yet , a mini playfield with mini drop targets....

#829 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Better yet , a mini playfield with mini drop targets....

Please no... mini playfields with mini balls and mini flippers are always the worst.

#830 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Yeah, bought a later build GNR LE and Wonka LE, no issues, amazing games. Wait at least 6 months for any initial issues to be worked out and resolved with later runs. At these prices buying early isn't worth it IMO unless you desperately want a CE.

#831 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, bought a later build GNR LE and Wonka LE, no issues, amazing games. Wait at least 6 months for any initial issues to be worked out and resolved with later runs. At these prices buying early isn't worth it IMO unless you desperately want a CE.

Good luck. I hope you get it and love it and there are no issues.

#832 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Good luck. I hope you get it and love it and there are no issues.

He's saying he's waiting 6 months to see how it shakes out,not a lot of luck involved in being patient.

#833 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

He's saying he's waiting 6 months to see how it shakes out,not a lot of luck involved in being patient.

I understand that but hope it works out for him and everyone that gets one-off they decide to get one. It sucks to get something you want and have it turn sour.

#834 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

For me a well executed claw machine.

CryoClaw Now Active!

#835 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Please no... mini playfields with mini balls and mini flippers are always the worst.

I disagree, but I can understand why people feel this way. That said, I dont want a mini ball/playfield in this game. Takes up too much space and doesn’t make sense

#836 1 year ago

How about a old fashioned western
shooting target wheel for different awards.Woody,Jesse,Pete and ole Bullseye?

#837 1 year ago

If there are no SE's , wouldn't that just make all of the LE's into SE's? I mean if limited is the standard, then limited isn't limited, it's just standard.

#838 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

If there are no SE's , wouldn't that just make all of the LE's into SE's? I mean if limited is the standard, then limited isn't limited, it's just standard.

Well because then it looks like a really high price for a standard

#839 1 year ago

Agree. Standard seems to be synonymous with cheap and lacking features that were intentionally removed to sell the LE to me. The triple tiered thing doesn't make much sense to me. Just make the limited which is a limited run and is THE core game design with all theb designers features and expected price to match and then offer the bling collectors version with the price to match also.

#840 1 year ago

What are the odds on custom Callouts from the actual actors? It certainly won’t “feel” right having impersonators performing the callouts…

#841 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

What are the odds on custom Callouts from the actual actors? It certainly won’t “feel” right having impersonators performing the callouts…

Tom Hanks brother does pretty much all his Woody voicework for games, media, etc and no one is really the wiser. I'm ok with that.

#842 1 year ago

I've never understood the need/desire for "custom callouts". I'd be just as happy (maybe happier) if they could just use audio right from the movie(s).

With so much raw footage to choose from, there should be plenty of sound clips available. Yes, you won't have Woody saying "Multi-ball", but I can't say that I would really care.

#843 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:I've never understood the need/desire for "custom callouts". I'd be just as happy (maybe happier) if they could just use audio right from the movie(s).

I kind of like custom callouts - it’s something you can’t get frpm the films.

#844 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I've never understood the need/desire for "custom callouts". I'd be just as happy (maybe happier) if they could just use audio right from the movie(s).
With so much raw footage to choose from, there should be plenty of sound clips available. Yes, you won't have Woody saying "Multi-ball", but I can't say that I would really care.

Play Rick & Morty, especially in adult mode, and you will understand why custom callouts can be awesome

#845 1 year ago

Toy Story adult should be awesome!Fuck you Stinky Pete you cocksucker you!

#846 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Agreed. Forky is an abomination.

#847 1 year ago

If everyone waits, then what?

#848 1 year ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

If everyone waits, then what?

Then the bubble has truly burst !!

(By the way half the “I’ll wait” crew will change their minds as soon as the first cabinet photo is leaked)

#849 1 year ago

Hey Jack! Chime in!

#850 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Tom Hanks brother does pretty much all his Woody voicework for games, media, etc and no one is really the wiser. I'm ok with that.

Maybe but what about Buzz?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 35.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/17?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.