(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 121.
#701 1 year ago

Jack was on a podcast and said game #7 in a couple weeks!

#702 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

which one? I want to hear this for myself and to inform the wife to get ready!!

#703 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

which one? I want to hear this for myself and to inform the wife to get ready!!

Here’s a link to the Reddit post. https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/uplxiu/i_spoke_with_jack_of_jersey_jack_pinball_to_tell/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

#704 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I just listened to the video and I didn't hear him say it would be announced in a couple weeks.

At one point around 13 minutes in he said that it 'maybe' revealed in a few weeks and near the end of the video he said it would be revealed in the coming weeks.

I would not hold my breath on it being two weeks out.

#705 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I just listened to the video and I didn't hear him say it would be announced in a couple weeks.
At one point around 13 minutes in he said that it 'maybe' revealed in a few weeks and near the end of the video he said it would be revealed in the coming weeks.
I would not hold my breath on it being two weeks out.

He said next one coming in a few weeks.. (a couple sounds closer. A few could even be months)

#706 1 year ago
2C653E83-B71D-4134-8C38-2A67200560C9.gif2C653E83-B71D-4134-8C38-2A67200560C9.gif
#707 1 year ago

Pintastic is 40 days away. Thats when the new game will be announced

#708 1 year ago

Prediction - toy story comes out and shoots really well but lacks magic/toys.

JJP 2.0 in full force

And that’s disappointing.

Anyone expecting more is going to be disappointed.

#709 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

JJP 2.0 in full force

I could see that happening. Maybe like Wonka(I actually love wonka but not a ton of toys). Not a ton of mechanical toy stuff in GnR either. I dunno with Toy Story I really hope theres cool toys everywhere. Dialed In is my favorite playing JJP game. I have some faith in Pat!

#710 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

JJP 2.0 in full force

I don’t know, my guess is that they load it up but ask 12k+ for an LE

#711 1 year ago

I say fine as long as they load it up

Quoted from Goronic:

I don’t know, my guess is that they load it up but ask 12k+ for an LE

#712 1 year ago

"load it up" means different things to different people. Some were arguing that GZ pro was still loaded compared to the premium because it had three spinners and some shrinky dinks. For 12k or more it better have a couple of unique or innovative toys/mechs and not just extra flippers or spinners to qualify it as "loaded".

#713 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

JJP 2.0 in full force

Prediction:

Toy story comes out, sells out sight unseen, has a bunch of playfield issues and a new “Toy story playfield chipping/pooling issues” thread will emerge

OP, go ahead a make this a key post will ya?

#714 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Not a ton of mechanical toy stuff in GnR either.

I would argue that GnR LE is loaded - especially with the lighting, moving spotlights and with the new switch technologies they used. Fewer mechs, I agree, but that upper playfield is pretty fancy. So I think the trend started with Wonka won’t be continued. When Wonka came out, the official price was even lower than DI so they were following a different strategy. Now, they have to justify the higher prices and they have to uphold the claim they allow their designers more creative freedom - which I think will generally lead to larger BoMs. That’s my hope, anyway.

#715 1 year ago

I wonder if the CE will have a small extra mech that the LE doesn’t. Like the Coma lock in GNR. I bet it does.

#716 1 year ago

Looking forward to the Toy Story drop as I figure alot of people will unload G and R to fund it, bringing the price on that one down a bit more.

#717 1 year ago

It would be nice to see and play it at pintastic. Theme is not my cup of tea but i hope they fix their issues on this one.

#718 1 year ago

I agree - I’m just saying it needs to be “above and beyond” loaded to justify the price tag. Godzilla pro isn’t even close to what my definition of loaded is. GZ pro isn’t even in the same world as my definition of loaded. Fingers crossed.

Quoted from manadams:

"load it up" means different things to different people. Some were arguing that GZ pro was still loaded compared to the premium because it had three spinners and some shrinky dinks. For 12k or more it better have a couple of unique or innovative toys/mechs and not just extra flippers or spinners to qualify it as "loaded".

#719 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I would argue that GnR LE is loaded - especially with the lighting, moving spotlights and with the new switch technologies they used. Fewer mechs, I agree, but that upper playfield is pretty fancy. So I think the trend started with Wonka won’t be continued. When Wonka came out, the official price was even lower than DI so they were following a different strategy. Now, they have to justify the higher prices and they have to uphold the claim they allow their designers more creative freedom - which I think will generally lead to larger BoMs. That’s my hope, anyway.

I guess i was more referring to mechs interacting with the ball. Not much of that in GnR. Upper playfield was cool I agree.

#720 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I would argue that GnR LE is loaded - especially with the lighting, moving spotlights and with the new switch technologies they used. Fewer mechs, I agree, but that upper playfield is pretty fancy.

Fewer mechs, morer money.

#721 1 year ago

I predict the following:

1. CE differentiates itself with a major mech (like GNR LE to CE), but in a much bigger way. JJP's goal is to drive CE sales
2. JJP will increase CE's to 1250+ units.
3. Prices will increase to $12K+ for the LE and $15K+ for the CE
4. It will shoot great, and have the typical JJP great theme integration, graphics, software, etc...
5. The CE will have a very cool topper, and the LE topper will be crap
6. JJP will stay silent on play fields, and the warranty (or lack there of) will not change
7. CE's will sell out sight unseen

#722 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I predict the following:
1. CE differentiates itself with a major mech (like GNR LE to CE), but in a much bigger way. JJP's goal is to drive CE sales
4. It will shoot great, and have the typical JJP great theme integration, graphics, software, etc...
6. JJP will stay silent on play fields, and the warranty (or lack there of) will not change

I think the boldest prediction is the CE number of units. I could see it though.

#723 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I think the boldest prediction is the CE number of units. I could see it though.

I think the new JJP is all about profit, and the CE is by far their most profitable unit + I heard they're going away from the SE so why not increase the number of units and take the cash in this crazy market.

#724 1 year ago

We might be surprised by more ppl voting with their wallets. Doubtful, but possible.

#725 1 year ago

12499 $ LE
14999 $ CE

5000 LE
800 CE

No se

#726 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think the new JJP is all about profit, and the CE is by far their most profitable unit + I heard they're going away from the SE so why not increase the number of units and take the cash in this crazy market.

Just out of curiosity, what pinball manufacturer do you think is not all about profit?

#727 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Just out of curiosity, what pinball manufacturer do you think is not all about profit?

They all should be

#728 1 year ago

Why are people excited about no SE? Lots of people will be priced out at 12500 ish

Quoted from AMSNL:

12499 $ LE
14999 $ CE
5000 LE
800 CE
No se

#729 1 year ago

If true, bold moves by a company with questionable quality. And no SE? I'm out 100%

#730 1 year ago

Not having a SE will definitely hurt locations. Before I bought my GNR LE I had an SE and it was "only" $7500 shipped. Crazy how far the prices have come considering an SE won't be available anymore.

#731 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Why are people excited about no SE? Lots of people will be priced out at 12500 ish

I’m not happy just share some info…..

#732 1 year ago

You guys crack me up with all this talk and speculation about prices and number of units made. Obviously, nobody knows for sure at this point! No wonder prices keep climbing! Chill!!!!!

#733 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You guys crack me up with all this talk and speculation about prices and number of units made. Obviously, nobody knows for sure at this point! No wonder prices keep climbing! Chill!!!!!

Obviously I’m telling you now how it is, same as I told before ... on other JJP stuff.But don’t take my speculation . Just wait and give me a thank you when it’s out

No need to hate

Until then

#734 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

If true, bold moves by a company with questionable quality. And no SE? I'm out 100%

Will this is disappointing I figured you would be in on CE

#735 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Obviously I’m telling you now how it is, same as I told before ... on other JJP stuff.But don’t take my speculation . Just wait and give me a thank you when it’s out
No need to hate
Until then

No need to hate on my comment! You know I’m right

#736 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Units made is purely speculation but it’s safe to say the prices will be close

#737 1 year ago

Happy face seemed to suggest happy or maybe that was just you sharing some insight .

I would be more interested in your speculation on whether it will be packed with mechs or not

Quoted from AMSNL:

I’m not happy just share some info…..

#738 1 year ago

Ah yes sorry was not intended to be happy, just happy to bring some news . About mechs I can not answer unfortunately

#739 1 year ago

Can’t or won’t

Quoted from AMSNL:

Ah yes sorry was not intended to be happy, just happy to bring some news . About mechs I can not answer unfortunately

#740 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Totally true...were all full of it

#741 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yes. Very clear the Fed has a whole lot more tightening to do.

#742 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Totally true...were all full of it

#743 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

12499 $ LE
14999 $ CE
5000 LE
800 CE
No se

800 CEs? Make that 1995

#744 1 year ago

Consolidating bets

Quoted from Vespula:

Aww why not... Make it 6 guys guessing...
11,000 LE 5000 made
14,500 CE 1000 made, sell out day 1
6 month after launch LE increases to 12,000
3 months later 12,500

Quoted from PtownPin:

I predict the following:

Quoted from AMSNL:

12499 $ LE
14999 $ CE
5000 LE
800 CE
No se

#745 1 year ago

With all of these predictions, there is some significant headwind......the looming recession. This will change people's pocketbooks. The vast majority of CE buyers are boomers. They are all licking their wounds from a beat up 401K. One would want to hope that the worst of the correction is behind us. I for one don't think the blood bath is over. China's lockdown and the war in Ukraine look like they will both go on for some time. This is going to take its toll on the global supply chain. Gas will continue to be high and inflation will follow suit.

Now think about plopping down 15K/12K for a pinball in the middle of this. If I was Jack I would announce this sooner than later. Just my humble opinion though

#746 1 year ago

I hope its awesome and you love it.

scr (resized).jpgscr (resized).jpg
#747 1 year ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

With all of these predictions, there is some significant headwind......the looming recession. This will change people's pocketbooks. The vast majority of CE buyers are boomers. They are all licking their wounds from a beat up 401K. One would want to hope that the worst of the correction is behind us. I for one don't think the blood bath is over. China's lockdown and the war in Ukraine look like they will both go on for some time. This is going to take its toll on the global supply chain. Gas will continue to be high and inflation will follow suit.
Now think about plopping down 15K/12K for a pinball in the middle of this. If I was Jack I would announce this sooner than later. Just my humble opinion though

Like now!!!!

#748 1 year ago

Jack has nothing to do with any of the corporate decisions. JJP Corporate makes the decisions, many poor decisions, its my opinion they don’t survive this economic downturn. You are correct on everything you said and we are no where near the worst of whats just starting now, this is just the beginning, when the analyst are on TV claiming we will probably be in recession by the end of next year, when in reality weve been in recession since the end of last year it shows they will just continue to lie even if its right there in front of us!

#749 1 year ago

JJP is dropping it's new pin between Memorial Day Weekend and Juneteenth. Logic below.

So... based off of previous releases for JJP the next JJP pin is due... 7 April 2022 and we are past due? Based off of everything we are hearing I give it an 80% chance we hear about it by the end of June. Were I JJP, I would have planned on announcing my game a week or two after Stern's announcement to try and steal thunder. Based off of previous game release schedules, the next Stern Pin was supposed to release on or about 14 May, but Stern announced that pin launched was being delayed until August. JJP would have had to plan for a release date months ago, so I am guessing they were shooting for on or about memorial day weekend.

The 7 April number was based upon the following dates: (Note, I don't have the day of the month for some of these so am going with the 1st of the month for earlier releases.

WOZ- 1 April 2013
Hobbit- 1 March 2016, 1065 days after WOZ
Dialed In- 1 June 2017, 457 days after Hobbit
Pirates- 1 August 2018, 426 days after Dialed In
Willy Wonka- 13 April 2019, 255 days after Pirates
G&R- 5 October 2020, 541 days after Wonka

((1065+457+426+255+541)/5)=549 days.

549 days after 5 October 2020 is 7 April 2022.

Also note that JJP has released pins 2-4 weeks after Stern every time, so as to not compete/steal thunder.

Based off of current chatter on podcasts from Jersey Jack himself, I give it a 90% chance we see a new JJP announced by 17 June, with an 80% chance we see that new pin between memorial day weekend and Juneteenth.

#750 1 year ago

The vast majority of CE buyers are boomers.

I would argue that the majority of CE buyers are GenX (born 1965-1980) but it would be interesting to see the breakdown.

As for the stock market/401k correlations - we didn't see much if any change in pricing when the market dipped to 17,000 in 2020 (or the 2000/2009 recessions).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Coast, FL
$ 35.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frederick, MD
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
9,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/15?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.