(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 121.
#601 1 year ago

New wonkas LEs from latest run are 11500(i know I just bought one). GnR new is 11k right now right? So Im assuming they push the envelope to 12,500 for LE and 15k for CE.

#602 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

How do you guys know TS will be in the 11-12K range?

Look at what WW and GNR LE’s are selling for NIB… no brainer TS will be closer to 15k than 10k

#603 1 year ago

I think the delta between LE and CE will be more than 2500. My guess would be 11500-12000 for LE and 15000-16000 for CE.

#604 1 year ago

Wow! Those are crazy prices! They know we will pay what they want. Bad playfields and all. It’s our fault

#605 1 year ago

They must have some really cool gadgets on the game to command such prices. If TS would be in the same level with POTC gadgetwise, that would be awesome - on the other hand, if there are no gadgets, just a cool license with flow, I probably would not want to buy the pin if it was priced like suggested in this thread.

#606 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

New wonkas LEs from latest run are 11500(i know I just bought one). GnR new is 11k right now right? So Im assuming they push the envelope to 12,500 for LE and 15k for CE.

unless that includes shipping, Wonka and GnR LE are MSRP at $11,000. That doesn't mean some distributors are not charging more (we are not one of them), but $11,500 is NOT the MSRP.

Only JJP knows what the next game will cost. Everyone else is just speculating.

As for the warranty and customer serivce issues, while I think Llyod did a good job, that is no longer an option. If you want great customer support, then support a distributor that offers you that. If your current distributor (or manufacturer) can not advise you on how to fix your game, or get you the parts you need to fix your game, then you need to find a better source for your game purchases. Go through the lists on the JJP site and start making calls.

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/distributors/

#607 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

unless that includes shipping, Wonka and GnR LE are MSRP at $11,000. That doesn't mean some distributors are not charging more (we are not one of them), but $11,500 is NOT the MSRP.
As for the warranty and customer serivce issues, while I think Llyod did a good job, that is no longer an option. If you want great customer support, then support a distributor that offers you that. If your current distributor (or manufacturer) can not advise you on how to fix your game, or get you the parts you need to fix your game, then you need to find a better source for your game purchases. Go through the lists on the JJP site and start making calls.

Well said Chris!

#608 1 year ago

What do you mean by customer service is no longer an option? What happened with Lloyd?

#609 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What do you mean by customer service is no longer an option? What happened with Lloyd?

LTG no longer associated with JJP.

JJP decision

Pot stir thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ltg-loyd-appreciation-axed-after-9-yrs-by-ruthless-jjp

#610 1 year ago

Ah. Well thats what I paid for everything for it to get to my house. I know some are adding a bit on new games and my top two choices for distributor didnt have any in stock.

#611 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What do you mean by customer service is no longer an option?

I think Chris just meant me. Not jjp's customer support or distributors like Chris at Kingpin Games.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Some year Chris may actually spell my name right.

#612 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I think Chris just meant me. Not jjp's customer support or distributors like Chris at Kingpin Games.
Disclaimer : Some year Chris may actually spell my name right.

ha, everyone can spell it right, it take a real ass to do it wrong time after time after time

Quoted from KornFreak28:

yes, i meant that LTG (not going to press my luck since i will probably just type his name wrong anyways) is no longer associated with JJP. All that meant is that if you are someone that might need the occasional tech support, then i suggest you find a good distributor since that is part of their (our) job. Some of us handle our own tech support, some of us just take the money and pass the tech support back to the manufacturer.

#613 1 year ago

ha, everyone can spell it right, it take a real ass to do it wrong time after time after time

yes, i meant that LTG (not going to press my luck since i will probably just type his name wrong anyways) is no longer associated with JJP. All that meant is that if you are someone that might need the occasional tech support, then i suggest you find a good distributor since that is part of their (our) job. Some of us handle our own tech support, some of us just take the money and pass the tech support back to the manufacturer.

Can’t believe JJP distanced themselves from Lloyd! Makes no sense specially knowing all the issues JJP games have. I know first hand being a previous Pirates owner.

I hope I’m wrong but I have a funny feeling TS will have the same pooling and chipping playfield issues Pirates and all the others had (have).

#614 1 year ago

Thanks brother!

#615 1 year ago

Time after time for years.

I understand Crhis.

#616 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can’t believe JJP distanced themselves from Lloyd!

Me either. Monday would have been my ninth anniversary with them. And two years since on the seventh I got a nice email thanking me and hoping I'd be with them for a long time.

LTG : (

#617 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Me either. Monday would have been my ninth anniversary with them. And two years since on the seventh I got a nice email thanking me and hoping I'd be with them for a long time.
LTG : (

First time I see you do a sad face after LTG

#618 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

To help people with their games. When they contact jjp and get ignored. On the various forums when they ask for help and don't get help, or many hours later, or the wrong help that doesn't fix their issue.
I'd gladly continue. I wasn't doing it for me, or jjp. I was doing it because someone needed help with their game.

Why the F did they ever let someone like this go?

#619 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Wish I knew. We may never know.

Of course I haven't gotten a response from my friend Bob either, in over five months.

The mysteries continue.

#620 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wish I knew. We may never know.
Of course I haven't gotten a response from my friend Bob either, in over five months.
The mysteries continue.

If this is how they treat a great guy by all accounts, who is not only known to, but is also a legend in the pinball community, you can only imagine how they treat their slave wage production employees.

#621 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

They unceremoniously canned Butch Peel, too, and he's responsible for the best manuals in pinball, ever. Since he left the manuals are smaller and less complete. Guns n Roses manual is still not finished, whole sections just not there, and what's there is less-than any manual Butch did for JJP. No idea what's up at JJP, but Lloyd and Butch were both huge losses for the company, and it was a self-inflicted wound in both cases. Weird.

#622 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

If this is how they treat a great guy by all accounts, who is not only known to, but is also a legend in the pinball community, you can only imagine how they treat their slave wage production employees.

Slave wage?Really and I’m sure Stern pays them like their Doctors of pinballology

#623 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Slave wage?Really and I’m sure Stern pays them like their Doctors of pinballology

Never insinuated that.

#624 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Never insinuated that.

The whole thing with entry level jobs being called slave wages bugs me.I started out at a gas station pumping gas for minimum wage but I never thought of it as slave wages.I just worked hard and made my life better.Assembly of pinball machines is generally not a career just like working at McDonald’s is not a career usually

#625 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The whole thing with entry level jobs being called slave wages bugs me.I started out at a gas station pumping gas for minimum wage but I never thought of it as slave wages.I just worked hard and made my life better.Assembly of pinball machines is generally not a career just like working at McDonald’s is not a career usually

My first job was at a pizza place making about a dollar above minimum wage. I worked hard and really enjoyed my time there.

My second job was at a factory unlike these making cameras for the automotive industry. They worked us like animals and treated us as numbers who are easily replaceable. If we were lucky, we would get a day off every 14 days (due to state law). And they would decline any PTO you put in, I couldn't even get time off for my brother's wedding. The tricky part was the company offered more money than most unskilled labor around, which was only like $3 over minimum wage, but made you feel like you would be stupid to leave. It felt like a toxic relationship. The hard part is that there are a lot of low income workers that need that extra pay to survive. They have family to take care of after all. For me, it was a job while in college, for most, it was their full time career.

I do think my experience may be an extreme example, but I think in general, you can't compare manufacturing to a normal minimum wage high school like job. I think your statement about it not being a career is wrong, it generally is a full time career for these low income people and they are often treated like garbage.

#626 1 year ago

Does anyone know if they finally fixed their playfields and are actually going to support their games now JJP that is and not let their customers down if they have issues with their games

#627 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Late May release rumor

That means we are only a couple of weeks away. Can’t wait. In the past, when do they release the teaser videos? On a Monday?

#628 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Does anyone know if they finally fixed their playfields and are actually going to support their games now JJP that is and not let their customers down if they have issues with their games

I bought a nib Wonka in January. No pf issues thus far. My invisiglass had a small scratch on it. JJP sent me a new sheet within days (and didn’t ask for old one back). Then I had a plastic crack and same thing, JJP sent me a new one right away.

#629 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I bought a nib Wonka in January. No pf issues thus far. My invisiglass had a small scratch on it. JJP sent me a new sheet within days (and didn’t ask for old one back). Then I had a plastic crack and same thing, JJP sent me a new one right away.

That is good to hear... If TS is released as JJP next game this will be my first purchase from them. So, hope your experience would be similar as some little things like yours are manageable.

#630 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

That is good to hear... If TS is released as JJP next game this will be my first purchase from them. So, hope your experience would be similar as some little things like yours are manageable.

I have owned all six JJP. Wonka CE had some pooling and I was able to iron it down and apply washers. Dialed In and Hobbit had no issues. Pirates, I bought used and it came with a chip on one of the posts but no other issues. Then I bought WOZ YBR NIB and it had no issues. Finally, got GNR and no issues. I also own Lebowski and Godzilla. Those don’t have any issues so far.

#631 1 year ago

I can see demand being pretty significant for this from non pinhead, well off Disneyphiles. This should be primed to get quite a bit of media/social media attention outside the pinball community as well.

#632 1 year ago

Is there a list we have to join?

#633 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

I can see demand being pretty significant for this from non pinhead, well off Disneyphiles. This should be primed to get quite a bit of media/social media attention outside the pinball community as well.

That’s my guess as well but we will know soon which is cool

#634 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They unceremoniously canned Butch Peel, too, and he's responsible for the best manuals in pinball, ever. Since he left the manuals are smaller and less complete. Guns n Roses manual is still not finished, whole sections just not there, and what's there is less-than any manual Butch did for JJP. No idea what's up at JJP, but Lloyd and Butch were both huge losses for the company, and it was a self-inflicted wound in both cases. Weird.

It's rare to find a company that values documentation as much as they should. It's often the first thing that gets cut when there are cutbacks and downsizing. Managers often don't realize how much of their institutional knowledge is in the minds of their tech writers. I work in documentation and there's often projects where the work is so compartmentalized that I'm the first person to put all the pieces together and discover problems or issues that no one else thought of. If a company cheaps out on documentation staff, it's very likely there will be more issues with the product than just the manuals.

#635 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is there a list we have to join?

Almost every distributor has an "interested list." NO one can guarantee anyone a collector's because none of us (distributors) know 1) how many are being made, 2) how many each distributor will be allocated, 3) release schedule, and 4) price.

Find your favorite jjp dealer and get on thier list.

If you don't have a favorite, then email us and we will get you on the list.

[email protected]

#636 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

It's rare to find a company that values documentation as much as they should. It's often the first thing that gets cut when there are cutbacks and downsizing. Managers often don't realize how much of their institutional knowledge is in the minds of their tech writers. I work in documentation and there's often projects where the work is so compartmentalized that I'm the first person to put all the pieces together and discover problems or issues that no one else thought of. If a company cheaps out on documentation staff, it's very likely there will be more issues with the product than just the manuals.

Crappy manuals are pretty much the status quo in pinball, so that's why the Butch Peel JJP manuals stood out as something extra-special. Really top flight work. I don't think JJP falling back to the industry manual status quo signals anything more than "we're not going to exceed industry norms in this area anymore," which is a shame. JJP's self-imposed loss is CGC's win, though.

#637 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Does anyone know if they finally fixed their playfields.

Some consider washers covering up potential problems areas as a "fix". It's going to be hard to resist ordering a TS if it looks amazing but not going to cloud the truth of the situation of washers covering up what JJP refuses to address.

#638 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Bottom line is u roll the dice buying NIB JJP games. JJP has basically told all customers to pound salt if u they have play field issues. Its gotten so bad that they are actually charging customers for replacement play fields....welcome to the NEW JJP

#639 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Bottom line is u roll the dice buying NIB JJP games. JJP has basically told all customers to pound salt if u they have play field issues. Its gotten so bad that they are actually charging customers for replacement play fields....welcome to the NEW JJP

Wow! I might have to wait it out a bit on TS

#640 1 year ago

Almost every distributor has an "interested list." NO one can guarantee anyone a collector's because none of us (distributors) know 1) how many are being made, 2) how many each distributor will be allocated, 3) release schedule, and 4) price.
Find your favorite jjp dealer and get on thier list.
If you don't have a favorite, then email us and we will get you on the list.
[email protected]

Chris is one of my favorites!

#641 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Wow! I might have to wait it out a bit on TS

Unless you're all in on a CE there's zero reason to jump on the game day 1. Even if u did u might be waiting 6+ months so theres no real upside. JJP will be building these games for over a year....benefits of waiting far out weigh putting up $1K and waiting 6 months for a game with a play field that might fall apart

#642 1 year ago

I am expecting 13K and $17K

#643 1 year ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

let’s hope not. I’d love to get a new JJP, but there are limits.

#644 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Unless you're all in on a CE there's zero reason to jump on the game day 1. Even if u did u might be waiting 6+ months so theres no real upside. JJP will be building these games for over a year....benefits of waiting far out weigh putting up $1K and waiting 6 months for a game with a play field that might fall apart

Well said

#645 1 year ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Well, if GnR CE was $12,500 and to go straight to $17K seems more than a gut punch.

That is a 36% increase. I'm not sure how much CE prices have increased over time as I never entertained the idea of buying one.

If there is to be an increase, which would not surprise anyone, then my guess will be $2,500 to a solid $15K.

That is a 20% increase. Perhaps that will sit well with many existing CE owners?

The smaller increase the better, but I prefer JJP does not cut corners and strip the features/toys just to target a certain target MSRP.

#646 1 year ago

Just a guess....
$11,500 LE
$15,000 CE

#648 1 year ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

I wouldn't be surprised....

#649 1 year ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

I think that would be a poor decision for JJP. $15k for a CE would be pushing the envelope (and only if they kept the production #s at 500).

#650 1 year ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/13?hl=theadicts77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.