(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 121.
#5751 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lower than MSRP prices are never published. They're between distrib & customer.

Here it published https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139290

Is this a little tip like hey we’re not at MSRP? Innuendo?

#5752 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I was going off their add (sic) on here pinside

You mean this?

Machine - For Sale
Toy Story 4 (LE) Archived
NIB - New in box (distributor/business) - “*****IN STOCK***** Please visit our web site - www.pinballs.com Automated Services / pinballs.com has 400 new & reconditioned pinball machines in stock and we are an Authoriz...”
2023-01-13
Milford, CT
Archived after: 111 days
Viewed: 673 times
Contributed for this NIB listing

$2 under MSRP is *technically* under MSRP I suppose...

#5753 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Here it published https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139290
Is this a little tip like hey we’re not at MSRP? Innuendo?

That just feels like a marketing gimmick to draw more interest than their competitors, like pricing something at $9.99 rather than $10.00. That's not meaningfully below MSRP...

#5754 1 year ago

Love seining these wealthy scalpers scrounging to make $100 flipping a game.

The LE is overpriced but it's whatever but the CE takes it to a new level when I can literally buy a JP premium and DP pro (for example) for the same cost.

#5755 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What's odd and a bit sad is that one of the main features of the 10" LCD is for Tiki Pinball yet it plays terribly.

Yeah, the lag on Tiki Pinball is TERRIBLE. I tried some virtual flipper cooling fans, but they didn't help.

The weird thing is the physics seem to be wrong for where the ball is on the flipper vs how much kick you get when the flipper activates. But that could be down to lag.

#5756 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

That just feels like a marketing gimmick to draw more interest than their competitors, like pricing something at $9.99 rather than $10.00. That's not meaningfully below MSRP...

Agreed but why? What other game have distros done this with so early?

Smashing sales records, I love my Willy and G&R but with all of the BS and gimmics coming out of JJP it’s making me wonder what’s behind the curtain. Hmmmm

Record sales step right up.

Will be interesting when CE’s ship. JJP was worried abot 20 games being sold above MSRP by the flippers now JJP maybe flopping.

#5757 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I know for a fact they sold over 4500 GnR’s.And all you have is what’s floating around in your airspace!

Show us the proof of your so called “fact”. There is no proof and you know it. Sure hope for those that did buy GNR they didn’t make that many, 2nd hand prices for HUO will be so low if they really did make that many. But it matters not, because there is no proof of this crazy number anywhere to be found.

#5758 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Show us the proof of your so called “fact”. There is no proof and you know it. Sure hope for those that did buy GNR they didn’t make that many, 2nd hand prices for HUO will be so low if they really did make that many. But it matters not, because there is no proof of this crazy number anywhere to be found.

Kinda like Addams family and TZ, can you imagine their value if they didn’t make 6 times more of them then G&R?

#5759 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They're holding out for the real manly shit like He-man.

Don’t you go disrespecting Prince Adam!

#5760 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, the lag on Tiki Pinball is TERRIBLE. I tried some virtual flipper cooling fans, but they didn't help.
The weird thing is the physics seem to be wrong for where the ball is on the flipper vs how much kick you get when the flipper activates. But that could be down to lag.

When di first came out, there was a lot of lag on the phone with the animations and sound. It was fixed I think with software updates. This is out of my league, but wonder if a software update can address the lag. Agree it’s pretty bad. It is cool, however, that’s the game pops activate during video mode.

#5761 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You mean this?

Yes exactly why so quick? Why the gimmic?

Why under MSRP when it against the typical manufacturers mandate of not advertising under MSRP?

Something is really odd about this whole release.

Machine - For Sale

Toy Story 4 (LE)

New!

NIB - New in box (distributor/business) “Please visit our web site - www.pinballs.com

Automated Services / pinballs.com has 400 new & reconditioned pinball machines in stock and we are an Authorized distributor for: ...”

5 hours ago

Milford, CT

pinballandgames

$2 under MSRP is *technically* under MSRP I suppose...

#5762 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You present your proof and then I will reveal my information!

#5763 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

When di first came out, there was a lot of lag on the phone with the animations and sound. It was fixed I think with software updates. This is out of my league, but wonder if a software update can address the lag. Agree it’s pretty bad. It is cool, however, that’s the game pops activate during video mode.

They had almost 2 years since GnR got swapped into TS4's position, then the pandemic. Seems like if they felt it was an issue (WHICH IT IS) they would have fixed it. I hope they do, not holding my breath.

#5764 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Don’t you go disrespecting Prince Adam!

No he's the hot one. He-man not so much.

#5765 1 year ago
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpegAB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
#5766 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

What other game have distros done this with so early?

I mean, until the covid demand spike & supply chain shortages, only suckers paid full MSRP for a Stern game.

#5767 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I mean, until the covid demand spike & supply chain shortages, only suckers paid full MSRP for a Stern game.

* and Australians.

#5768 1 year ago

My brother decided to order when they launched an put a deposit down on an LE ,as he has 3 young kids. He's new to pinball ownership,I told him to go play it first but he didn't listen. Well he finally played it and is regretting his decision lol . The distributor he ordered from said that" the deposits were turned over to JJP already" when he asked about transferring the deposit to a different game with a distributor. What exactly does that mean ? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a deposit with a distributor?

#5769 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

My brother decided to order when they launched an put a deposit down on an LE ,as he has 3 young kids. He's new to pinball ownership,I told him to go play it first but he didn't listen. Well he finally played it and is regretting his decision lol . The distributor he ordered from said that" the deposits were turned over to JJP already" when he asked about transferring the deposit to a different game with a distributor. What exactly does that mean ? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a deposit with a distributor?

So your saying your brother doesn’t know what he wants?Do you have any more stories of people of questionable intelligence buying that piece of crap pinball machine?

#5770 1 year ago

So your saying your brother doesn’t know what he wants?

You seem like a real cool person who ls obviously well adjusted and emotionaly developed.

#5771 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

So your saying your brother doesn’t know what he wants?Do you have any more stories of people of questionable intelligence buying that piece of crap pinball machine?

That's not fair but IMO people would do well to listen to someone who is more knowledgeable on the subject. It blows my mind some people will drop $12K on a pin never played and first pin ever owned, but it goes to show that the price is not too high for people to buy sight unseen.

#5772 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

That's not fair but IMO people would do well to listen to someone who is more knowledgeable on the subject. It blows my mind some people will drop $12K on a pin
never played and first pin ever owned, but it goes to show that the price is not too high for people to buy sight unseen.

Yea I think he got caught up in his family enjoying it, but he found one on location when they were on vacation and it wasn't the "hit" he thought

#5773 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

The distributor he ordered from said that" the deposits were turned over to JJP already" when he asked about transferring the deposit to a different game with a distributor. What exactly does that mean ? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a deposit with a distributor?

That means the distributor doesn’t have the $1k to transfer to another game that the distributor would have to place on a different game. That is why some insist on a deposit up front. They would use the deposit from the buyer that eventually buys the TS4. For games that are incredibly popular a distrib could resale that spot instantly. That he wouldn’t front that might indicate TS4 isn’t selling as quickly as some people think.

#5774 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

That means the distributor doesn’t have the $1k to transfer to another game that the distributor would have to place on a different game. That is why some insist on a deposit up front. They would use the deposit from the buyer that eventually buys the TS4. For games that are incredibly popular a distrib could resale that spot instantly. That he wouldn’t front that might indicate TS4 isn’t selling as quickly as some people think.

Ah , makes sense , thanks for clearing that up. I'll pass that along. We'll at least my wife is pumped he's getting one and she can play when we visit lol

#5775 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Ah , makes sense , thanks for clearing that up. I'll pass that along. We'll at least my wife is pumped he's getting one and she can play when we visit lol

He could probably sell the spot on here or you could sell it for him at a slight loss. Or just wait for the game to arrive don't unbox it and sell the whole thing for a slight loss.

No need to compound the mistake and spend the full 12K on something you don't want.

#5776 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Why do care so much if people don’t like what you do?

#5777 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I swear I saw an interview with Joe Katz or it was in one of the promo videos... that he said the flipper lag was intentional to immitate the lag that is on many of the virtual pin games. More of a joke on them.

Brian

#5778 1 year ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I swear I saw an interview with Joe Katz or it was in one of the promo videos... that he said the flipper lag was intentional to immitate the lag that is on many of the virtual pin games.

If that's legit and not just a cover story, they need to take it out. Making a game LESS FUN as a joke is pretty lame. I personally think it's just programmed poorly and has lag as a result. But if it's a "joke" JJP needs to take it out. Simple as that.

#5779 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If that's legit and not just a cover story, they need to take it out. Making a game LESS FUN as a joke is pretty lame. I personally think it's just programmed poorly and has lag as a result. But if it's a "joke" JJP needs to take it out. Simple as that.

I believe it was quoted in one of the launch videos... Might have been someone at JJP saying that that's why Joe did that. Maybe the JJP guy that lurks here on Pinside can confirm..

#5780 1 year ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I played the Tiki game and thought it was fine, but would get old. BUT, the multiball sucked. How you don't play the main pin multiball and the video pin together (during the multiball) is beyond me. Similar to Stewie multiball of Family Guy.
What a waste.
Brian

Actually, your post is a waste….the Tiki video pin CAN in fact be played simultaneously in multiball…you just didn’t play well enough to reach that mode…go to this link

start at the 41:32 mark…you’ll see Take a Chance MB start and tiki video mode runs simultaneously…tiki also has a big jackpot to try for during that mode and even after the tiki jackpot the multiball continues and tiki pinball continues to run…you’re welcome!

#5781 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Actually, your post is a waste….the Tiki MB can in fact be played simultaneously with multiball…you just didn’t play well enough to reach that mode…go to this link
start at the 41:32 mark…you’ll see the tiki jackpot and then the multiball starts and tiki pinball continues to run…you’re welcome!

[Removed]. I stand corrected and edited my post.

Brian

#5782 1 year ago

Play nice kids. It’s just pinball.

#5783 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lower than MSRP prices are never published. They're between distrib & customer.

My guess is the distributor's cut is around $1k so in theory they could go down to $11k/$14k if they just wanted to blow them out. But I agree - you won't see them post prices under MSRP.

#5784 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

My guess is the distributor's cut is around $1k so in theory they could go down to $11k/$14k if they just wanted to blow them out. But I agree - you won't see them post prices under MSRP.

Did you see their ad? They are under MSRP

#5785 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Last I knew distributors took a much larger cut than that.

I thought it was around 25-30% of the MSRP of the game.

#5786 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Did you see their ad? They are under MSRP

Hah - $2 under MSRP

Quoted from explosiveegg:

No - the only thing they've gotten a larger cut on recently was EHoH40 - their cost was $15k and most sold between $19 and $24k.

#5787 1 year ago

Good god no. Dunno what it is on TS4 but it’s way closer to $1k than $4k.

#5788 1 year ago

They'd be singing in the streets if they were the case... try under 1k... well under.

#5789 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They'd be singing in the streets if they were the case... try under 1k... well under.

More for the CE’s.

#5790 1 year ago

So, they plan to sell 1k ce¨s.
I think they should count themself lucky selling a total of 1k games.

#5791 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So, they plan to sell 1k ce¨s.
I think they should count themself lucky selling a total of 1k games.

This is too funny, but sadly the case. If they sell 1k in total of both models (although there is almost zero difference, except the topper/amour color) it will be an insidious ripoff of the consumer by JJP. If they can actually do this, shows where the pinball hobby has gone. Straight into the dumpster, if not for other companies offerings. Look at what you get for $7k less in CC from CGC.

#5792 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The screen and controller in TS4 is about $10 in quantity. I checked. It's a pretty low res TN panel. Add $3-5 for the frame, frame LEDs and clear plastic protective shield. About half what you estimated.

Interesting find, thanks. Rumor has it, JJP pricing discussion went something like this…

JJP boardroom presenter: “Come on, consumers will never accept this empty machine at record sky high pricing…”

JJP 2 faced decision makers: “Sure they will, they’ll buy anything we throw at them, trust us. Just put a D- carnival theme, with a movie title that has little to do with the game, which no one wanted to begin with. Add 3 mushy flippers and a jump plate, lots of cheap lights, cake toppers and a $10 screen and they’ll clamor all over themselves for the privilege to buy it. Just throw in a few dollars worth of coils that don’t actually do much of anything, because you know, they count coils as bullet points. Just make sure the count is high. A few people love counting, as it makes them feel like their not being totally ripped off. Doesn’t matter if there are any real mechs attached to them. Kool-Aid drinkers are everywhere…”

7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg

#5793 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Interesting find, thanks. Rumor has it, JJP pricing discussion went something like this…
JJP boardroom presenter: “Come on, consumers will never accept this empty machine at record sky high pricing…”
JJP 2 faced decision makers: “Sure they will, they’ll buy anything we throw at them, trust us. Just put a C- theme with 3 mushy flippers and a jump plate, lots of lights, cake toppers and a $10 screen and they’ll clamor all over themselves for the privilege to buy it. Just throw in a few dollars worth of coils that don’t actually do much of anything, because you know, they count coils as bullet points. Just make sure the count is high. A few people love counting, as it makes them feel like their not being totally ripped off. Doesn’t matter if there are any real mechs attached to them. Kool-Aid drinkers are everywhere…”
[quoted image]

Man you need to get a life!

#5794 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I've seen LE numbers on GNR LE in the mid 4's. I don't think they jumped around a lot. Not hard proof, but they did make that game for a long time..

#5795 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

JJP 2 faced decision makers: “Sure they will, they’ll buy anything we throw at them, trust us. Just put a D- carnival theme, with a movie title that has little to do with the game, which no one wanted to begin with. Add 3 mushy flippers and a jump plate, lots of cheap lights, cake toppers and a $10 screen and they’ll clamor all over themselves for the privilege to buy it. Just throw in a few dollars worth of coils that don’t actually do much of anything, because you know, they count coils as bullet points. Just make sure the count is high. A few people love counting, as it makes them feel like their not being totally ripped off. Doesn’t matter if there are any real mechs attached to them. Kool-Aid drinkers are everywhere…”
[quoted image]

That's good stuff. Maybe CH should make that video.

#5796 1 year ago

We have Toy Story LE's in stock now...one is set up in showroom, and plenty in warehouse awaiting delivery...come and play! Todd

#5797 1 year ago

They were building GNR's for well over a year so my guess is they probably sold close to 3-4K units if you include the CE's + they kept increasing the price during the build so my guess is they were at full tilt the entire time. The good news with TS4 is it appears they've solved play field issues as I haven't heard any complaints, which is a step in the right direction.

#5798 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Add 3 mushy flippers

The flippers are quite good now, even under sustained load on location. I really believe something here has been improved.

#5799 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The flippers are quite good now, even under sustained load on location. I really believe something here has been improved.

I love my Dialed In, but it is always a bit of a shock playing one of my other machines (Stern, CGC, etc.) and then firing up a game on Dialed In. I eventually adjust, but "mushy" is a great description. Wish there was a mod or factory update to change this.

#5800 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I love my Dialed In, but it is always a bit of a shock playing one of my other machines (Stern, CGC, etc.) and then firing up a game on Dialed In. I eventually adjust, but "mushy" is a great description. Wish there was a mod or factory update to change this.

Bump the default power 1 or 2 points (the least amount possible to make the ramps.)
It's a decent workaround.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/116?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.