(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 121.
#5451 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Please be sensitive to snowflakes. It resembles a giant IPad in your opinion.

Not a snowflake, but I make my living developing for iOS devices so the terminology matters to me

#5452 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

But it’s fun to see how charged up people get!

You've been pretty "charged up" defending it!

Quoted from manadams:

Too you it's hate and to others it's honesty, a really good fun shooter can be said about plenty of other games for half the price.

Exactly. For many of us, games have to earn a spot in our lineups. Toy Story was a dream license/theme for me and unfortunately the game does nothing for me (and many others, apparently).

#5453 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Too you it's hate and to others it's honesty, a really good fun shooter can be said about plenty of other games for half the price.

But if price isn't an overbearing criteria, it's fine. I mean pinflation sucks, but not everyone has to be worried about price. They have the means to just get what they like. there's plenty for average players to like in TS4 (though it DOES need some mini modes added [NOT more carnival games] to break things up, much like Dialed In had the cell phone mode wall broken up after much-needed code revisions).

I'd really like to see some fun modes based on goings-on in the antique shop added. Would be a nice break from carnival fatigue.

#5454 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not a snowflake, but I make my living developing for iOS devices so the terminology matters to me

And here I thought you worked for JJP. Huh.

#5455 1 year ago

I'll agree it's a pretty cool game. Your iOS device is still not functioning as designed - to us morons " the iPad isn't working" still on the one we played. Issue is it will only last in larger collections or beginner/family homes. We didn't bother playing it again this weekend, and instead opted for Alien, Rush, JP pro, and R&M. Even played some Aerosmith pro since it was new in rotation. There's a gentleman that posted he's very happy and that's great, but noticed out of 11 pinball games he currently owns, I think he has every JJP. Not sure what that says, but perhaps a big fan of JJP. Rest assured, these, like GnR will be readily available for a long time. They just seriously missed the price point.. I dont have room for a pretty cool game at 12-15k.. I need awesome.

#5456 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Were you same guys honest about Led Zeppelin when it came out?
Yea I didn’t think so.Before you fucking scream fanboy I’ve already stated I haven’t played the game but I was very disappointed in it being TS 4 and the lack of toys in a Toy Story pin!Led Zep looked like shit and most of you guys got very defensive of Stern’s new game

#5457 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I guess playing Dialed In is hard for you with its giant iPhone? Must feel like work.

#5458 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Were you same guys honest about Led Zeppelin when it came out?
Yea I didn’t think so.Before you fucking scream fanboy I’ve already stated I haven’t played the game but I was very disappointed in it being TS 4 and the lack of toys in a Toy Story pin!Led Zep looked like shit and most of you guys got very defensive of Stern’s new game

I owned a used LZ LE for about a month and sold it, was meh to me but probably would enjoyed better if the music spoke to me more. Why would I "scream" anything, are you doing okay? Looking forward to playing this on location, just wouldn't own one for obvious reasons stated before.

#5459 1 year ago

did this ever come out?

#5461 1 year ago

Concerning the comments about owning JJP pins.

I admit I'm partial to JJP games. I have other manufacturers but I play the JJP pins the most.

Just my taste other games I play quite a bit is SMVE and AFM r. To each his or her own. Totally happy with what I own, which is one reason I keep my games. BTW the Stern Spike games haven't lasted long with me. That includes JP and DP premium. Oh well.

Cheers.

#5462 1 year ago

/\

Lol - epic fail.

#5463 1 year ago

literally laughing my ass off

i love the scoreboard in the background

#5464 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

...Why would I "scream" anything, are you doing okay?....

Clearly not.

#5465 1 year ago

This happened to me on location not that bad but maybe I did something to break the volley, I thought it was an isolated issue but apparently not.

#5467 1 year ago

Left sling is not functioning properly…typical haters posting garbage…shocker…

#5468 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

come on man it's pretty funny

#5469 1 year ago

Left sling is not functioning properly…

Sure it is. That’s the hypnovolley feature. Track the ball as you get hypnotized to think TS4 is a great value for $12k.

#5470 1 year ago

I thought that on the game I played the left sling was more laid back (oriented at a lower angle) than the right. I see that video the left was not working, but the game I played it still had 10-15+ volley not all the time but maddening when it happened.

#5471 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sure it is. That’s the hypnovolley feature. Track the ball as you get hypnotized to think TS4 is a great value for $12k.

With insightful posts like these it’s a wonder this thread is dead…

#5472 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I guess playing Dialed In is hard for you with its giant iPhone? Must feel like work.

Just another dumb comment.

#5473 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I thought that on the game I played the left sling was more laid back than the right. I see that video the left was not working, but the game I played it still had 10-15+ volley not all the time but maddening when it happened.

All you have to do is adjust the sling settings so that the power is a few notches off from left to right…never had an issue on location and I’ve played/watched dozens of games…

#5474 1 year ago

Adjust the left sling so it registers and kicks like it's supposed to, and then if it's not enough, turn the sling power up.

Main problem is a lack of system check to make sure everything's working and in spec before playing it. I had to do a lot of little adjustments on mine out of the box. My slings were the opposite - machine gunning. The game tweaks were nothing major (kickout saucer strength, spinner, etc), just a lot of small stuff in a more than usual quantity.

#5475 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just another dumb comment.

Not much else to talk about in here and zaphX is a good target.

The hypno-sling video pretty much sums it up.

#5476 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I don't have a lot of time on DI yet, but want one in my lineup at some point.

I love what I do so it's not work.

#5477 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't have a lot of time on DI yet, but want one in my lineup at some point.
I love what I do so it's not work.

More power to you.

I’m really surprised you haven’t played DI a lot. It’s a good game. Only downside for me was the unmake-able sim shot created a bit of a roadblock. When I own one again I’m going to remove the Cliffy.

#5478 1 year ago

It’s not my video or game, it came through my YouTube feed and I had a shorter but similar experience on the location game I played, 30 seconds and then it kicked it to the left outlane.

#5479 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Adjust the left sling so it registers and kicks like it's supposed to, and then if it's not enough, turn the sling power up.
Main problem is a lack of system check to make sure everything's working and in spec before playing it. I had to do a lot of little adjustments on mine out of the box. My slings were the opposite - machine gunning. The game tweaks were nothing major (kickout saucer strength, spinner, etc), just a lot of small stuff in a more than usual quantity.

And this would be extremely easy to fix in a code update. After 10 consecutive alternating sling activations, alter left sling power up or down for 5 seconds.

#5480 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

And this would be extremely easy to fix in a code update. After 10 consecutive alternating sling activations, alter left sling power up or down for 5 seconds.

Given the tiny number of instances of this problem where it goes uncorrected (and adjusting the sling switch so it WORKS is the solution) this is a waste of programming and testing effort. Probably why it's never been done by anyone at any manufacturer to my knowledge.

#5481 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given the tiny number of instances of this problem where it goes uncorrected (and adjusting the sling switch so it WORKS is the solution) this is a waste of programming and testing effort. Probably why it's never been done by anyone at any manufacturer to my knowledge.

I doubt half of the TS4 buyers would know how to even bring up the menu - much less would know how to adjust sling power.

And in 25 years of being in the hobby I've never seen a game go into an infinite sling loop.

It's a 10 second coding fix and a 10 second test - if it was my code, I would fix it.

#5482 1 year ago

Experienced the “sling-pong” effect on location this weekend. About 6-8 volleys before draining out the right outlane. Happened during multiple games.

#5483 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

And in 25 years of being in the hobby I've never seen a game go into an infinite sling loop.

Which is why it's never been addressed the way you suggested. They don't code for single instances in 25 years.

Fixing the sling switch is the answer, whether it's the owner, their pin guy, their distributor or pinside that gets it fixed and working properly.

I WILL say that JJP is shipping these TS4 machines with the power too low on the slings by default, IMO. Turning them up as a factory default would be good.

#5484 1 year ago

I had the same constant sling volley when play testing a game last week, had to nudge to break it up, usually shot straight into the outlanes.

A few CE are sitting on the pinside market for MSRP. Curious to see if any are willing to lose money on their preorders when full payments are due like Ultraman.

#5485 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

My WOZ did it. Simple make one side a few notches weaker than the other. No biggie.

LTG : )

#5487 1 year ago

Maybe Stern could redo Toy Story at some point? I mean JJP did redo POTC...

#5488 1 year ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

It’s not my video or game, it came through my YouTube feed and I had a shorter but similar experience on the location game I played, 30 seconds and then it kicked it to the left outlane.

I have the game and that’s never happened to me, or anyone else who has played it. Most likely, the game is not leveled properly and just needs to be made steeper. I have my game set at 6.8 degrees. I will say, however, the most dangerous part of the game is the right outlane from the left sling, but if you’ve played recent stern games, it’s not much different. Sterns sling shots are way too powerful on stock settings and easily throw it in the outlanes.

#5489 1 year ago

That's weird!

#5490 1 year ago

I thought it was super cool when the game I was playing did it about 20 times, I was a little disappointed when it ended as was literally laughing while watching it.

#5491 1 year ago

Just wanted to say congrats to pinside for trying to force-feed me TS4 with at least 12 different threads now, NOT including for sale threads. Last I checked its still a flop.. can't will this one into the top 10.

#5492 1 year ago

All you have to do is adjust the sling settings so that the power is a few notches off from left to right…never had an issue on location and I’ve played/watched dozens of games…

Or fix them so they actually work?

#5493 1 year ago

Hmmm, see preorder spots are selling for big money….

00F8E43A-C0FE-45A6-A91C-D1A228F7FB89 (resized).jpeg00F8E43A-C0FE-45A6-A91C-D1A228F7FB89 (resized).jpeg
#5494 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Just wanted to say congrats to pinside for trying to force-feed me TS4 with at least 12 different threads now, NOT including for sale threads. Last I checked its still a flop.. can't will this one into the top 10.

Wonka isn’t in the top 10 but many would prefer it to most games in the top 10 so take the rankings with several grains of salt…

#5495 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have the game and that’s never happened to me, or anyone else who has played it. Most likely, the game is not leveled properly and just needs to be made steeper. I have my game set at 6.8 degrees. I will say, however, the most dangerous part of the game is the right outlane from the left sling, but if you’ve played recent stern games, it’s not much different. Sterns sling shots are way too powerful on stock settings and easily throw it in the outlanes.

As mentioned numerous times in this very thread the left sling is not functioning…a pretty easy fix for anyone even remotely familiar with pinball….

#5496 1 year ago

Wonka isn’t in the top 10 but many would prefer it to most games in the top 10 so take the rankings with several grains of salt…

I myself switched my plan to buy TS4 CE to Wonka LE. Would be cool to get a Wonka CE as I paid a markup close to it.

That game has enough shots and complex code to go with it. Let’s not forget enough interactive toys that support the theme.

That was lacking for me with TS4 or rather the focus of Carnival also drew me away.

#5497 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hmmm, see preorder spots are selling for big money….
[quoted image]

Another dumb post

#5498 1 year ago

I'm not going to argue that people like Wonka, but we didn't see it as a top 10. With Wonka at #22 currently, there's 21 games to choose 10 over Wonka. Personally I can pick 10 of those over Wonka pretty easily. Not taking anything away from that pin, but never going to crack the top 10. As I said before the ratings settle in over time. Top 25 is still strong. TS4 is #108 right now? Its trending toward being the worst of all JJP games according to Pinside.

#5499 1 year ago

Wonka is my top 1, with GZ a close 2nd. People on this thread affect the Pinside ratings which sort of tells you all you need to know about objectivity.

#5500 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Wonka is my top 1, with GZ a close 2nd. People on this thread affect the Pinside ratings which sort of tells you all you need to know about #1.. ours is STh premium, but it's #17.

Wonka is my top 1, with GZ a close 2nd. People on this thread affect the Pinside ratings which sort of tells you all you need to know about objectivity.

Everyone has different opinions and #1 to them. Ours is STh premium and it's #17. The ratings are a group think. You are entitled to rate any game as high or low as you want. You get a vote like everyone else. Wonka is #22, GZ is #1, TS4 is #108. Even if you don't agree with the ratings structure it's still a comparison of all the pins by this community that is rating them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/110?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.