(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 121.
#501 1 year ago

so any word if the game could actually possibly be Buzz Lightyear

#502 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

so any word if the game could actually possibly be Buzz Lightyear

I was thinking this as well. It would seem to be easier asset wise (don't have to worry about Mr. Potato Head, Slinky, Etch-A-Sketch licenses). However we don't know much of anything about the movie Lightyear. It would be a stretch for them to make a pinball game with an asset no one knows much of. The movie might bomb (unlikely) and you'll have this awesome pinball machine to play. Remember Johnny Nomanic? Haha. If JJP can get enough of the license of Toy Story it will be phenomenal. I can't wait.

#503 1 year ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

I was thinking this as well. It would seem to be easier asset wise (don't have to worry about Mr. Potato Head, Slinky, Etch-A-Sketch licenses). However we don't know much of anything about the movie Lightyear. It would be a stretch for them to make a pinball game with an asset no one knows much of. The movie might bomb (unlikely) and you'll have this awesome pinball machine to play. Remember Johnny Nomanic? Haha. If JJP can get enough of the license of Toy Story it will be phenomenal. I can't wait.

First of all, Johnny Mnemonic is an amazing movie, where else would you get clips like this from:

Secondly, it would be pretty uncharacteristic of JJP to base the machine off of some new IP that doesn't already have a raving fanbase behind it, and quite frankly, it would be kind of dumb of them to do so.

It would also be pretty uncharacteristic of JJP to make a pinball machine on an IP that they can't easily get the rights to use their assets for, so I would imagine the full crew of toys to be there. I could even see Etch-A-Sketch having a screen on the game and slinky being a ramp.

I really don't think the new game's theme will be based on the new Lightyear movie.

#504 1 year ago

It’s not buzz light year!! People questioned the same thing about wonka, asking if it was depps wonka. Jjp understands what we want, and it is 100% the original toy story. I’m curious if it will be multiple movies or just the 1st though. Can’t wait to see it.

#505 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Jjp understands what we want

Not really...because apparently they think we want chipping and pooling playfields (with no warranty) from Mirco...

#506 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Not really...because apparently they think we want chipping and pooling playfields (with no warranty) from Mirco...

And if the CE sells out day one they got it right

#507 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

And if the CE sells out day one they got it right

Other than the few CEs that JJP offers on their website upon release, most all distributor CEs have been sold out for probably a year.

#508 1 year ago

I heard rumor of a firm confirmation of a definite maybe that we could possibly be updated prior to a predetermined date.

#509 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Other than the few CEs that JJP offers on their website upon release, most all distributor CEs have been sold out for probably a year.

You're probably correct; however it will be interesting if they sell out at the new MSRP? My guess is they will be in the $15K range.

#510 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You're probably correct; however it will be interesting if they sell out at the new MSRP? My guess is they will be in the $15K range.

My guess is all the available CE’s are already spoken for. My wife said if TS is announced, there will be one coming home. I spoke to the distributor that I’d be buying it from last fall. He told me he had over 30 people wanting CE’s and said he’d be lucky if JJP gives him a dozen. Based on that conversation, I’ll bet they’re already spoken for. Remember, most distributors have a long list of clientele that have been with them for years and also buy every LE or CE that Stern or JJP release. I also believe that clientele doesn’t care if the machine is $12000 or $15000. They have disposable income. My .02

#511 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

My guess is all the available CE’s are already spoken for. My wife said if TS is announced, there will be one coming home. I spoke to the distributor that I’d be buying it from last fall. He told me he had over 30 people wanting CE’s and said he’d be lucky if JJP gives him a dozen. Based on that conversation, I’ll bet they’re already spoken for. Remember, most distributors have a long list of clientele that have been with them for years and also buy every LE or CE that Stern or JJP release. I also believe that clientele doesn’t care if the machine is $12000 or $15000. They have disposable income. My .02

Not disagreeing with u as I've owned multiple JJP CE's. At some point there is a ceiling although not sure where that is? I can guarantee you one thing that it won't be $12.5K, and keep in mind GNR was the ONLY JJP CE that sold out, and was in high demand....all the other sat on the market for quite a while before inventory was sold (DI, POTC, and WW)....so not sure if it was the title, price, or simple market demand that happened with GNR CE's.

#512 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

It’s not buzz light year!! People questioned the same thing about wonka, asking if it was depps wonka. Jjp understands what we want, and it is 100% the original toy story. I’m curious if it will be multiple movies or just the 1st though. Can’t wait to see it.

What if it was only Toy Story 4? Why are you assuming you're getting Toy Story 1?

#513 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What if it was only Toy Story 4? Why are you assuming you're getting Toy Story 1?

That would cause me sadness. Pulling for original film.

#514 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Just as long as the cutscene for the drain sequence isn’t the clip of all the toys giving up and holding hands in the incinerator from Toy Story 3, lol.

#515 1 year ago

I love Toy Story 1, but I was so happy when Jesse and Bullseye was brought into the franchise.

#516 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I love Toy Story 1, but I was so happy when Jesse and Bullseye was brought into the franchise.

Elements from all the films would also work. Just wouldn’t be as excited if was tied to just 4.

#517 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

princess-bride-disappointment.gifprincess-bride-disappointment.gif
#518 1 year ago

First three movies just like Indiana Jones A Pinball Adventure!!

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

First three movies just like Indiana Jones A Pinball Adventure!!

yes, it’s a must!! A nice movie journey through Toy Story spite some not liking the sequels…. I enjoy the whole series.

I hope this being the last game made by Lawlor, he makes this game have awesome shots with valuable deep code that it challenges The Simpson’s.

#520 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Completely off topic but thanks for the valuable contribution in regards to which movie it’s based off of

#521 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dude, it’s not going to be based on only one of the 4 movies unless it’s part 1. I’m assuming it’s part 1, and possibly parts 1-4 based off of common sense. Why would you assume it’s not using part 1? When has any other pin based off of a movie franchise not used the primary 1st movie?

#522 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Dude, it’s not going to be based on only one of the 4 movies unless it’s part 1. I’m assuming it’s part 1, and possibly parts 1-4 based off of common sense. Why would you assume it’s not using part 1? When has any other pin based off of a movie franchise not used the primary 1st movie?

Lethal Weapon 3?

#523 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

When has any other pin based off of a movie franchise not used the primary 1st movie?

This isn't very uncommon.

Terminator 2, Terminator 3, & Lethal Weapon 3 are some pretty common ones.

The Stern Batman game was based off of the 2nd batman in the trilogy.

You could make arguments for Star Wars Episode 1 pinball machine being the 4th movie in the series.

Edit: Corrected Batman game to 2nd game

#524 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

The Stern Batman game was based off of the 3rd batman in the trilogy.
You could make arguments for Star Wars Episode 1 pinball machine being the 4th movie in the series.

So... Lightyear? Haha.

#525 1 year ago

It was actually the 2nd one: "The Dark Knight" but your point stands.

#526 1 year ago

I think even a $15k 500 run CE sells out immediately. Don’t want that price to be the case but no way that there are any machines available after shortly after announcement

#527 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

It was actually the 2nd one: "The Dark Knight" but your point stands.

At least it was based on the good one.

#528 1 year ago

What of the rumours that there will be 500 Buzz CEs and 500 Woody CEs. Anyone heard anything more?

#529 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

What of the rumours that there will be 500 Buzz CEs and 500 Woody CEs. Anyone heard anything more?

First I've heard of that one. It would be fitting for the current state of things: profiteering flippers could brag about getting both a Buzz and a Woody.

#530 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

First I've heard of that one. It would be fitting for the current state of things: profiteering flippers could brag about getting both a Buzz and a Woody.

Gotta go Woody

#531 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

No, but here's a guess lol.

Launch

500 Buzz CE's
500 Woody CE's
10,000 LE's

2 years later

2500 Buzz Ultimate Limited Editions
2500 Woody Wild West Limited Editions

Unlimited Toy Story 30th Anniversary Limited Edition (but with one of the main toys removed)

#532 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No, but here's a guess lol.
Launch
500 Buzz CE's
500 Woody CE's
10,000 LE's
2 years later
2500 Buzz Ultimate Limited Editions
2500 Woody Wild West Limited Editions
Unlimited Toy Story 30th Anniversary Limited Edition (but with one of the main toys removed)

Pretty much their business model I wouldn't be surprised if they increase CE's to 1000+ as its clearly their most profitable model or they reduce that amount and charge $20K

#533 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

increase CE's to 1000+ as its clearly their most profitable model

Can you cite your source for this info?

#534 1 year ago

zero.....TOTAL GUESS

#535 1 year ago

There would be so many disappointed people if it turned out to be based on the Buzz Lightyear film and not Toy Story. No way JJP would make that mistake.

#536 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

No way JJP would make that mistake.

You realize you're talking about a company who is about to use Mirco for another run of games? No mistake is out of the realm of possibility.

#537 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

okaaaay_okay.gifokaaaay_okay.gif
#538 1 year ago

Indiana Jones 4. Like you said, not super-uncommon.

#539 1 year ago

Do people remember that leaked email that first mentioned TS?

It was October 2015!

Muppets, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Toy Story were mentioned as licenses that JJP acquired.

Can't believe it's nearly 7 years later to see TS.

#540 1 year ago

Wouldnt it be crazy if it is NOT Toy Story in the end?

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Do people remember that leaked email that first mentioned TS?
It was October 2015!
Muppets, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Toy Story were mentioned as licenses that JJP acquired.
Can't believe it's nearly 7 years later to see TS.

#541 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Wouldnt it be crazy if it is NOT Toy Story in the end?

Then I'd still be down for Muppets!

#542 1 year ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Then I'd still be down for Muppets!

I'd be down for the Moopet edition.

#543 1 year ago

Very true, but the difference was those games were all released to coincide with the movie releases. This is a game based off of past movies. The toy story franchise is a classic all time great, and It would be like if stern would have done a sw pin based off solely rotg. It wouldn’t happen. This pin will be either just the 1st movie, or the whole line of movies.

#544 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Indiana Jones 4. Like you said, not super-uncommon.

Again, released to coincide with the movie release. BIG difference here

#545 1 year ago

The only way it’s not based on the original movies is if they couldn’t secure assets, and they went the Jurassic park route like stern did. Doubtful, as Eric stated that jjp wasn’t going to do any pin they couldn’t get the assets for after gnr was done. Since TS has been in the works long before that comment, it could have been something they were working on getting and hence the delay of the game, pushing it back after wonka and gnr. We’ll see soon enough, and I’m confident it’s not light year, or based off of only 1 of the movies after part 1.

#546 1 year ago
279521872_675402376909639_4833859927100691286_n (resized).jpg279521872_675402376909639_4833859927100691286_n (resized).jpg
#547 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Again, released to coincide with the movie release. BIG difference here

Not so much. Schedules change. Games get switched around. Toy Story X was in development for a long time, and could have been intended to coincide with the Summer 2019 movie release, but things changed and we got Wonka instead.

Quoted from konghusker:

I’m confident it’s not light year, or based off of only 1 of the movies after part 1.

Noted.

Only a matter of weeks before we find out what's what.

#548 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not so much. Schedules change. Games get switched around. Toy Story X was in development for a long time, and could have been intended to coincide with the Summer 2019 movie release, but things changed and we got Wonka instead.

Noted.
Only a matter of weeks before we find out what's what.

Yep, only time will tell. Nobody would give a crap about light year, and jjp knows what toy story fans want. Can’t wait to see it revealed.

#549 1 year ago

Did anyone attend the Midwest Gaming Classic? If yes, we’re any clues dropped by JJP regarding Toy Story reveal timing?

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Did anyone attend the Midwest Gaming Classic? If yes, we’re any clues dropped by JJP regarding Toy Story reveal timing?

They already dropped the big clue with that picture of all the designers where they were standing around the Toy Story playfields, and pulling one out. The little bit we could see on the bottom playfield in the case (by the trough hole) doesn't match up to any existing JJP playfield, but DOES match up to Jessie's chaps from Toy Story. It was likely a picture commemorating the start of production, building the overseas ones in April into May, then the domestic launch ones leading up to June. June launch. July at the very latest, allowing for production snags. They likely want to beat Stern's Aug game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.