(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 121.
#5001 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m sorry, Munsters is much better than TS4.

Layout is much better on Munsters and more fun to shoot. Better theme too. But that code is awful.

#5002 1 year ago

MUNSTERS LE ROCKS !!! Most played out of my 10pins!!!

#5003 1 year ago

TS4 is better than Wonka!?

6A99AFA6-BB04-475D-B04A-43755806EDE6 (resized).jpeg6A99AFA6-BB04-475D-B04A-43755806EDE6 (resized).jpeg
#5004 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

TS4 is better than Wonka!?
[quoted image]

That’s my hope. I would prefer to keep one of the two.

#5005 1 year ago

I just watched Toy Story 4 for the first time after getting the bad taste that was Toys Story 3 out of my mouth. No spoilers, It's better than 3 but not by much. Disney really destroyed what was probably one of their biggest properties. Which makes me wonder, why would JJP make a game out of one of the weaker movies, it makes zero since to me. I've been dreaming about a Toy Story pinball ever since these rumors started and JJP crushed them. I always wondered what a pinball company could do with Toy Story, oh the ideas! First the game should have been based on the first and second films and could have featured: The Claw Has Chosen" Multiball where you would lock the balls (green aliens) in Andy's toy chest (Aerosmith) and when multiball started the claw would take the locked balls out and drop them on the playfield one at a time. A Mr. Potato head bash toy (he's always exploding or falling apart) where his parts pop out momentarily when you hit him. R/C video mode, Help Rex and Buzz defeat Zurg, PIZZA PLANET, Toy Soldier's "No Soldier Left Behind", Al's Toy Barn, Woody's Round-Up Multiball, Buzz Lightyear Multiball. The ideas just keep popping up in my head. I'd count this one as a complete failure, the designers should be ashamed of themselves. Did they even watch the movies. Stern needs to make their own Toy Story and sell it for less than JJP's prices, they would kill it!

#5006 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

... and when multiball started the claw would take the locked balls out and drop them on the playfield one at a time...

There it is.
How long does the MB start/unloading 3 balls via claw take; like 4 minutes?

#5007 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Steve’s new game game!
[quoted image]

Please JJP let it be F-18 Hornet and not some really bad plane nobody likes

#5008 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Please JJP let it be F-18 Hornet and not some really bad plane nobody likes

Hopefully it's better than zeppelin, black knight , star wars ....

#5009 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

better than 3 but not by much. Disney really destroyed what was probably one of their biggest properties.

Disney seems to have a knack for that.

#5010 1 year ago

Toy Story set to arrive tomorrow in Northeast Ohio and will be setup at
Southland Lanes
Middleburg Heights, OH

Stop down and try it out.

#5011 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Oh man if it's better than SW I'll have to sell some games.

#5012 1 year ago

Karl has fixed his coil-sleeve-less right flipper and wired up all three flippers for real-time temps and will be streaming Toy Story 4 tonight starting at 7pm. He said there's one multiball he missed because he was unfamiliar with the rules, so he'll be going for that tonight as well as completely finishing the game (both Woody and Buzz playthroughs of Meet Me at the Carousel).

It'll be on his iepinball twitch channel, 7pm PDT, a little less than an hour from now:
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

#5013 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl has fixed his coil-sleeve-less right flipper and wired up all three flippers for real-time temps and will be streaming Toy Story 4 tonight starting at 7pm. He said there's one multiball he missed because he was unfamiliar with the rules, so he'll be going for that tonight as well as completely finishing the game (both Woody and Buzz playthroughs of Meet Me at the Carousel).
It'll be on his iepinball twitch channel, 7pm PDT, a little less than an hour from now:

Sweet!! I look forward to watching this tonight. maybe replay mode. In the hospital playing the waiting game for baby #3.

#5014 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Sweet!! I look forward to watching this tonight. maybe replay mode. In the hospital playing the waiting game for baby #3.

It’s a different ball game after #3 and you are outnumbered. Gotta go to the zone defense. I’ve got 3 girls.

GL. Best thing in the world!

#5015 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's awesome thanks for the update! Look forward to the stream

#5016 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s a different ball game after #3 and you are outnumbered. Gotta go to the zone defense. I’ve got 3 girls.
GL. Best thing in the world!

Thanks, roger that!! We have 2 girls and baby #3 is a boy. Maybe that could even the odds for me to play a little offense.
Healthy baby is all I care about.

However, my youngest girl is more of a tomboy and might be able to hold up.

The dynamics will surely be interesting moving forward.

Cannot wait to get my TS4 CE!!! My job finally is giving us paid family leave. I could sure use a new pin.

#5017 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

I just watched Toy Story 4 for the first time after getting the bad taste that was Toys Story 3 out of my mouth. No spoilers, It's better than 3 but not by much. Disney really destroyed what was probably one of their biggest properties. Which makes me wonder, why would JJP make a game out of one of the weaker movies, it makes zero since to me. I've been dreaming about a Toy Story pinball ever since these rumors started and JJP crushed them. I always wondered what a pinball company could do with Toy Story, oh the ideas! First the game should have been based on the first and second films and could have featured: The Claw Has Chosen" Multiball where you would lock the balls (green aliens) in Andy's toy chest (Aerosmith) and when multiball started the claw would take the locked balls out and drop them on the playfield one at a time. A Mr. Potato head bash toy (he's always exploding or falling apart) where his parts pop out momentarily when you hit him. R/C video mode, Help Rex and Buzz defeat Zurg, PIZZA PLANET, Toy Soldier's "No Soldier Left Behind", Al's Toy Barn, Woody's Round-Up Multiball, Buzz Lightyear Multiball. The ideas just keep popping up in my head. I'd count this one as a complete failure, the designers should be ashamed of themselves. Did they even watch the movies. Stern needs to make their own Toy Story and sell it for less than JJP's prices, they would kill it!

I think there is a pretty good chance that it was their only option (from Disney) on the TS license. Only because nobody would intentionally choose the 4th movie.

#5018 1 year ago

Round 2 TS4 streaming: Karl did a good job trying to make a poor quality TS4 look decent, but alas couldn’t be done even a second time. TS4 even went on the fritz before he was even close to finishing the stream. Karl was kind and tried to say TS4 probably shut down, because of a brown out. Even though all his video streaming equipment and computer, which are both far more susceptible to brown outs still continued to work flawlessly. Only TS4 shut down like a weak computer on the blink. Both TS4, computer and video streaming equipment were surely plugged into the same circuit. TS4 looked troubled. But Karl did a great job as usual streaming. Disappointed flippers still look weak…

#5019 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Round 2 TS4 streaming: Karl did a good job trying to make a subpar poor quality TS4 look decent, but alas couldn’t be done even a second time. TS4 even went on the fritz before he was even close to finishing the stream. Karl was kind and tried to say TS4 probably shut down, because of a brown out. Even though all his video streaming equipment and computer, which are both far more susceptible to brown outs still continued to work flawlessly. Only TS4 shut down like a weak computer on the blink. Both TS4, computer and video streaming equipment were surely plugged into the same circuit. TS4 looked like a pile of electronic mess. But Karl did a great job as usual streaming. Flippers still looked weak…

Troll

#5020 1 year ago

Honestly, labeling someone giving an account of what actually happened as a troll is pathetic. That means you and everyone else posting here is a troll. Easy way to put down another person’s post, congratulations…

#5021 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Round 2 TS4 streaming: Karl did a good job trying to make a subpar poor quality TS4 look decent, but alas couldn’t be done even a second time. TS4 even went on the fritz before he was even close to finishing the stream. Karl was kind and tried to say TS4 probably shut down, because of a brown out. Even though all his video streaming equipment and computer, which are both far more susceptible to brown outs still continued to work flawlessly. Only TS4 shut down like a weak computer on the blink. Both TS4, computer and video streaming equipment were surely plugged into the same circuit. TS4 looked like a pile of electronic mess. But Karl did a great job as usual streaming. Flippers still looked weak…

Let's not fully chalk it up to JJP electronics - Karl's own son came downstairs complaining his computer turned off at the same time TS4 turned off for Karl. So the brownout excuse Karl gave was probably sound and not simply a ruse to save face for JJP as you seem to want to think it is. Let's relax a little.

#5022 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

Let's not fully chalk it up to JJP electronics - Karl's own son came downstairs complaining his computer turned off at the same time TS4 turned off for Karl. So the brownout excuse Karl gave was probably sound and not simply a ruse to save face for JJP as you seem to want to think it is. Let's relax a little.

Fully relaxed, thanks…watched the whole thing and have seen pinball “brown outs” before. TS4 did not go down like a machine in a typical “brown out”, is all I’m saying. Also, don’t you find it odd that his more sensitive streaming equipment and computer did not go down plugged in at the same source TS4 was connected? You don’t find that odd at all??? Maybe you might do with a little relaxing….

#5023 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Fully relaxed, thanks…watched the whole thing and have seen pinball “brown outs” before. TS4 did not go down like a machine in a typical “brown out”, is all I’m saying. Also, don’t you find it odd that his more sensitive streaming equipment and computer did not go down plugged in at the same source TS4 was plugged? You don’t find that odd at all??? Maybe you should do the relaxing….

It could be time to find a new hobby mate......

#5024 1 year ago
Quoted from swampy:

It could be time to find a new hobby mate......

Why, don’t have any issues with all the machines I own mattie.

#5025 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Why, don’t have any issues with all the machines I own mattie.

Excellent. Perhaps go and play them instead of sweating a machine you clearly aren't interested in.

#5026 1 year ago
Quoted from swampy:

Excellent. Perhaps go and play them instead of sweating a machine you clearly aren't interested in.

No mate, I’ve been very interested in this machine. Love TS theme for the family, so have tried hard to find reasons to buy it and probably would have already if not priced so high. Why are you so concerned in my choices or interests?

#5027 1 year ago

I go away for a few days, only for this thread to devolve into a case study for moderation.

#5028 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

I would take any one those games over TS4, especially for the $

Quoted from PinballZach:

I just watched for the first time on the weekend also - Probably a good reason I didn't go see in the theater. It's not horrible but the original is so much better. Wonder if we will ever get an explanation for the choice of "4"?

#5029 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Fully relaxed, thanks…watched the whole thing and have seen pinball “brown outs” before. TS4 did not go down like a machine in a typical “brown out”, is all I’m saying. Also, don’t you find it odd that his more sensitive streaming equipment and computer did not go down plugged in at the same source TS4 was connected? You don’t find that odd at all??? Maybe you might do with a little relaxing….

Maybe he is using a laptop with a battery, and his cameras are connected via USB, and therefore switched to battery power?

Not sure why this game and JJP upset you so much. I'm sorry that you live with so much unneeded pain and angst in your life. It's just pinball, and it's fun. If you don't like the game, move along and don't buy it/play it. I would never pay 12k for this game (or thousands less for that matter), but if other people want to that is their prerogative. Still looks fun to shoot and I hope to play one on location sometime.

#5030 1 year ago

Just got a call from my boss. They ordered an LE for the company office and asked if I could set it up since Im a pinball guy. Shows up next week!

Will give an unbiased review after extensive testing. I don't work in that building, but it's 20 minutes from my house I can put some serious time on it.

They've done Avengers, Led Zeppelin LE, Star Wars LE, and Deadpool LE in the past.

I'll admit I'm not super interested in the game, but will try and report back what my young kids (5, 8, and 10) think and how it actually plays from a pinball nerd perspective.

#5031 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Not sure why this game and JJP upset you so much.

I'll take a guess based on his posts...because he is disappointed (like many of us who waited several years for TS).

The other "meta" disappointment (speaking for myself and I think some others) is the marketing/sales decision to drop a lower cost SE (essentially making the LE the SE in the lineup, with a BOM that looks more like an SE as well).

Nevertheless, "it is what it is". I have plenty to play and on the positive side, JJP just saved many of us 12-15k! Since my space is limited to 12-14 games, I'm glad not every game is a must have.

#5032 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have plenty to play

Yes you do. Nice lineup mixing 80's, 90's, 2k's with DMDs and 2K's with screens

#5033 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'll take a guess based on his posts...because he is disappointed (like many of us who waited several years for TS).
The other "meta" disappointment (speaking for myself and I think some others) is the marketing/sales decision to drop a lower cost SE (essentially making the LE the SE in the lineup, with a BOM that looks more like an SE as well).
Nevertheless, "it is what it is". I have plenty to play and on the positive side, JJP just saved many of us 12-15k! Since my space is limited to 12-14 games, I'm glad not every game is a must have.

Totally agree....I think the whole TS4 debacle will eventually back fire on JJP. They clearly looked at the secondary market and priced the game accordingly, which in my mind is pretty short sided. It was a massive cash grab by JJP, and I have zero interest in supporting the new JJP (and I've owned all their games).

#5034 1 year ago

It’s a forum so people will post opinions and some are very strongly disliking this game.

That’s just how it is.

Unless the discussion becomes offensively rude or political, why would this need moderation?

Debating (and criticizing or even trashing) the game of the thread’s title is “fair” and part what a forum is.

Even if some don’t like that others talk bad about their $12k-$15k investment.

#5035 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Totally agree....I think the whole TS4 debacle will eventually back fire on JJP. They clearly looked at the secondary market and priced the game accordingly, which in my mind is pretty short sided. It was a massive cash grab by JJP, and I have zero interest in supporting the new JJP (and I've owned all their games).

If the poor price/value leaves distributors holding the bag on pins they can’t move, then it’ll certainly hurt distro pre-orders for future JJP titles.

But if distros sell out of TS4s because consumers and operators lap them up, then we’re going to see a new paradigm at JJP (and probably throughout the industry).

#5036 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Unless the discussion becomes offensively rude or political, why would this need moderation?

Because it might hurt somebody's feelings.

#5037 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

It’s a forum so people will post opinions and some are very strongly disliking this game.
That’s just how it is.
Debating (and criticizing or even trashing) the game of the thread’s title is “fair” and part what a forum is.
Even if some don’t like that others talk bad about their $12k-$15k investment.

I think people are reacting to the absurdity of claiming TS4 crashed of its own accord on Karl when a lightning strike caused a power surge and other electronics in his house automatically shut off. That’s not an opinion, that’s actually straight up lying.

Which should also serve as a good reminder to everyone to make sure your pins are plugged into good surge protectors, and a UPS battery backup is an added plus.

#5038 1 year ago

I'm all for people voicing their opinions and sharing their thoughts. With that said, spending every single day bashing the game and JJP seems a bit overkill. To each his own, but I don't have enough time do spend half my day on Pinside spewing negativity. Point taken (and taken, and taken, and taken again).

I value everyone's opinion. You've done shared it.

#5039 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Or costs are skyrocketing due to inflation - parts and labor have both gone up.
So possibly instead of trying to fleece there customers, they are just trying to maintain margins based on higher costs.
I don't know for sure, but seems as good a hypothesis as market pricing - could be a little of both, all a guess unless you are privy to their financials

-----------------

And as far as the SE Model goes, how could they have a TS4 SE????
I mean, what could they actually drop from the LE to make it an SE?

#5040 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I totally get the disappointments, and most of them are fair and valid...but no need to obsess over it.

#5041 1 year ago
Quoted from clarkmu22:

I'm all for people voicing their opinions and sharing their thoughts. With that said, spending every single day bashing the game and JJP seems a bit overkill. To each his own, but I don't have enough time do spend half my day on Pinside spewing negativity. Point taken (and taken, and taken, and taken again).

This

#5042 1 year ago
Quoted from clarkmu22:

The same can be said for the fomo buyers and their positivity.

#5043 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I totally get the disappointments, and most of them are fair and valid...but no need to obsess over it.

I couldn't agree more, but he isn't the only pedantic poster on Pinside! People need to be respectful of each other. For non-pinheads, we all suffer from the same illness, just a matter of degree!

#5044 1 year ago

Yeah. All this repeating your negative sentiment and basically celebrating/hoping that a $15k investment will drop by 33% overnight is not what a community needs. It’s trolling.

#5045 1 year ago
brit (resized).jpgbrit (resized).jpg
#5046 1 year ago

Toy Story has arrived at Southland Lanes in Middleburg Heights, OH

PXL_20220623_163455972 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_163455972 (resized).jpg
#5047 1 year ago

I bought WOZ… it didn’t last long. I bought Hobbit… it looked great, but didn’t last long. I skipped DI and POTC and Wonka. I bought GnR CE. It didn’t last long.

GnR is the ONLY pinball machine I’ve ever owned that I liked LESS as I understood the rules better!

From the very beginning of JJP, I’ve wanted to be a supporter, but something about every game turned me off. I’m a huge fan of late 70s and early 80s pins, and modern Sterns. I don’t really have any passion at all for what many consider the Golden B/W days. Snooze fest to me!

My expectations for TS4 were low. I really like all the TS films, and Pixar movies in general, but an Incredibles machine would have been way more exciting for me.

I approached the game with VERY low expectations. Expecting to experience an even more stripped down Wonka (a game that never grabbed me at all).

I played about 8 games on the machine at 1Up Lodo in Denver. The bar was too loud the hear the game well (maybe helped my impression?!)… I had a lot of fun shooting it. Modes we’re fun. Layout is very cool. Some interesting ball diversions keep shots feeling fresh.

Game looks amazing, and shoots very well. I’m a pretty good player, and I didn’t get wet deep at all. I look forward to playing it again.

#5048 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Or costs are skyrocketing due to inflation - parts and labor have both gone up.
So possibly instead of trying to fleece there customers, they are just trying to maintain margins based on higher costs.
I don't know for sure, but seems as good a hypothesis as market pricing - could be a little of both, all a guess unless you are privy to their financials
-----------------
And as far as the SE Model goes, how could they have a TS4 SE????
I mean, what could they actually drop from the LE to make it an SE?

I don't buy it (and yes its a guess)...many other companies are building games with more mechs and higher BOM's (i.e CGC). CGC's CCRLE is $9200 versus JJP's $12K so its not about JJP maintaining margins its all about increasing margins. This was a historic money grab by the "new" JJP

#5049 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Yeah. All this repeating your negative sentiment and basically celebrating/hoping that a $15k investment will drop by 33% overnight is not what a community needs. It’s trolling.

Between the endless trolling from all sides and people complaining about woke Disney, Pinside is one chan away from 8chan.

#5050 1 year ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

Toy Story set to arrive tomorrow in Northeast Ohio and will be setup at
Southland Lanes
Middleburg Heights, OH
Stop down and try it out.

Nice I'll head there if I can this week or next! So close jits busy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 16.95
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/101?hl=arcadebar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.