You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4200F560-5AE7-4959-B801-F8CC3843DDDB (resized).jpeg
Estimated Delivery for machine #433 (resized).png
JJP-OrderHistory (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 5.17.13 PM (resized).png
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I appreciate your insight.
My response:

Early adopters know this and are willing to endure the pain.
I remember when CDs came out - the players were $1000 and there were like 15 discs to choose from.
Early adopters are people eager to play with the latest and greatest tech and are tolerant of issues and limitations. At least, I am.

In the case of TS4 this worked against them. I literally stopped playing TS4 on location because I was progresssing too much and, being a CE bagholder, I wanted to save some discovery for my game.
Punishing the most loyal customers who pay the most is a bad policy.
Stern doesn't do this and neither should JJP.

Due to the value/difficulty issues against the cost, I would LOVE to get an LE. But those 14K CE spots are not moving.
The reality is the CE is going to end up < 14K meaning I've lost money before I've even taken delivery.
I paid the most to wait the longest and lose the most. I am a sucker.

There is a difference between CE and early adopters. Most people who want a CE want the best version of the game, they don't want the jankiest. JJP was clear about their intent in running LEs first. Those are the early adopters... Not the CE folks...

Stern does run Pros before LEs. CGC runs SEs before LEs. Every major manufacturer does this, this is not new to JJP and this is not a punishment. I'm literally about a year in on waiting for my CCr LE and fully expect that to take another year to be delivered. I can tell you that I'm glad I didn't get one of the first CCr games, because the issues those had with things like the legs ruining the cabinet art, or can you imagine a Rush LE experiencing the issue the rush pros all did with the terrible scoop damage ruining those first playfields.

If you are afraid your going to get sick of the game after playing it a few times in the arcade, that is a good sign that you don't really like the game. As I said before, maybe you should try games before you buy them.

You are ought to have known that buying a CE would be a gamble. People who bought in for Halloween lost out. Many people lost 1 to 2k on those before even getting delivered too. People who bought in on a Rush LE are losing out right now also. If your whole intent was to buy the game and sell it later at a profit, I don't feel bad for you, you should have left the spot for someone who really wanted it. If you plan on keeping the game, who cares what others are paying now.

You were happy buying it at $15k, why would someone getting a little bit of a deal on that price bother you so much?

No one is punishing you...

Also, the prices always tend to go down for games actively being made. If you can get a game brand new from a distributor for $12k, your not going to buy one used for $12k. It's when things stop being produced that the prices tend to raise. Right now JJP is filing demand. Once they switch to a different title, then the price will likely go back up as the used market will need to fill demand.

#52 1 year ago

They sold CE’s? Huh, figured no one would buy those.

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

If you are afraid your going to get sick of the game after playing it a few times in the arcade, that is a good sign that you don't really like the game. As I said before, maybe you should try games before you buy them.

You know that’s not how this works, especially after the instant sellout on GNR. You have to commit early or miss out.

You are ought to have known that buying a CE would be a gamble. People who bought in for Halloween lost out. Many people lost 1 to 2k on those before even getting delivered too. People who bought in on a Rush LE are losing out right now also. If your whole intent was to buy the game and sell it later at a profit, I don't feel bad for you, you should have left the spot for someone who really wanted it.

You must be new to my posts. I don’t buy any game to flip it, and I’m a huge JJP fan and usually get the CE.
Our Wonka has delivered so much value over time that TS4 was a no-brainer.
There is no one who wanted a CE spot that can’t have one, there are tons for sale at a discount right now.

If you plan on keeping the game, who cares what others are paying now.

Because *I* could be paying less right now. I could get a NIB CE right now for 14K instead of 15K. Possibly less.
You were happy buying it at $15k, why would someone getting a little bit of a deal on that price bother you so much?

I don’t begrudge anyone else getting a deal, I’m pissed at myself for overpaying.

No one is punishing you...

I’m paying the most to wait the longest and lose the most if it doesn’t stick.

your not going to buy one used for $12k

afraid your going to get sick of the game

Final point, and this is important:

4200F560-5AE7-4959-B801-F8CC3843DDDB (resized).jpeg4200F560-5AE7-4959-B801-F8CC3843DDDB (resized).jpeg
#54 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You know that’s not how this works, especially after the instant sellout on GNR. You have to commit early or miss out.

GNR CE was a couple grand cheaper and they made half the quantity. Anyone who knows economics in the slightest knows these aren't the same scenario and you should not have expected the same outcome. Not only that, but the economy is a different place, even if the variables were the same, people are less likely to spend that kind of money on a game when they are uncertain about the future.

You ought to have known going in that your pre-order was a gamble. You were hoping that there would be more people willing to pay that price than games made and you were wrong. Many top tier versions of other games have not paid off. This is not unheard of.

Quoted from zaphX:

Because *I* could be paying less right now. I could get a NIB CE right now for 14K instead of 15K. Possibly less.

I don’t begrudge anyone else getting a deal, I’m pissed at myself for overpaying.

If your intent was to always keep the game. Then its residual value doesn't really matter as you are not going to sell it. You made the decision that $15k was a reasonable price for the game. The game has not changed.

The deal people are getting of $1k off of $15k is less than a 7% discount. It's really not that much. You had peace of mind knowing you had one secured and stood to gain if things had gone the other way. You bet on black and lost. It happens. You can't get to bent out of shape about it.

Quoted from zaphX:

I’m paying the most to wait the longest and lose the most if it doesn’t stick.

Waiting a couple months is nothing to ensure kinks are worked out is something most people prefer.

You also were in a spot to profit the most if the game was a hit and demand was high. Right now both LEs and CEs are selling for about $1k under MSRP, so whether you jumped on a pre-order for either an LE or a CE, you would still be missing out on the same price.

Nobody is punishing anybody...

Quoted from zaphX:

Final point, and this is important

I disagree, you understood exactly the meaning that I was trying to convey, which means the word used served its purpose. It's also not as easy to use special characters when you're typing on a phone like I was.

If a missing apostrophe and 'e' are enough to get your knickers in a knot. You sir are way too high strung.

#55 1 year ago

You made the decision that $15k was a reasonable price for the game.

It wasn't a reasonable price and still isn't. No pin is worth that to me.
The only reason I bought in at that price was because the last Lawlor/Katz collab, Wonka, delivered value for us in spades and still continues to do so.

You can't get to bent out of shape about it.

*too

If a missing apostrophe and 'e' are enough to get your knickers in a knot. You sir are way too high strung.

Learn to communicate.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It wasn't a reasonable price and still isn't. No pin is worth that to me.

If you thought the price was unreasonable, and still decided to buy it, you were dumb and made a dumb decision. The only one you can blame is yourself.

#57 1 year ago

If you thought the price was unreasonable, and still decided to buy it, you were dumb and made a dumb decision. The only one you can blame is yourself.

I literally said that I do blame myself.

Quoted from zaphX:

#58 1 year ago

The deal people are getting of $1k off of $15k is less than a 7% discount. It's really not that much.

Right now both LEs and CEs are selling for about $1k under MSRP, so whether you jumped on a pre-order for either an LE or a CE, you would still be missing out on the same price.

Correct.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 16.95
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story-shipping-availability-delivery-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.