Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TRAMD
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

48673C84-9DE1-4F8F-827D-D86AE7450DDD (resized).jpeg
    3216DCF9-1A9C-49E8-8CE1-F09423F6B0C5 (resized).jpeg
    20190517_190959 (resized).jpg
    NES (resized).PNG
    BD520EA8-898C-4E4B-88AD-AFC1997A9E8E (resized).jpeg

#1 4 years ago

Could this be one of Jack’s newest pinballs besides Toy Story and GNR?

BD520EA8-898C-4E4B-88AD-AFC1997A9E8E (resized).jpegBD520EA8-898C-4E4B-88AD-AFC1997A9E8E (resized).jpeg
    #2 4 years ago

My all time favorite movie when I was a kid. That being said I tried to get my kids to watch it 6 and 13 and they did not care much for it. Not sure it holds the test of time.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

My all time favorite movie when I was a kid. That being said I tried to get my kids to watch it 6 and 13 and they did not care much for it. Not sure it holds the test of time.

Totally agree. Cool movie but long forgotten!

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

LoL... Same here

#5 4 years ago

Dude... Yes please!

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Same here, my favorite movie as a kid. But I don't think it would make sense for JJP (or anyone) to pursue that license. I'd love to play it though.

#7 4 years ago

Needs this song with the video playing on the screen

NES (resized).PNGNES (resized).PNG
    #8 4 years ago

I wish JJP would make pins with grown up themes.

#9 4 years ago

This was posted by a fan on Facebook. Silly rumor

#10 4 years ago

I’d dig it actually. Have a big long Falkor ramp like the bony beast from Scared Stiff, but animate the head so he can talk to you, and an Ivory Tower in the middle you could lock balls in. Have a Morla (Turtle) Oracle that rises and sinks to expose a scoop on the left and the on the right the Sphinx oracle could have a magnet that stops the ball dead in its tracks if you’re not worthy to pass. Oh, and put the Auryn right in the middle of the flips and it can pop up to protect you. Awesome.

#11 4 years ago

Why don't they go after Forbidden Planet. Its the wizard of oz of science fiction and folks have clamored for it for years. Its timeless, innocent and a classic.

#12 4 years ago

omg, lets hope not!

#13 4 years ago

Oh boy.

#14 4 years ago

Will there be a playfield chipping mode?

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Will there be a playfield chipping mode?

Too soon Cosmo. Too soon.

#16 4 years ago

Just because you can doesn't mean you should...

#17 4 years ago

Source of photo please.

#18 4 years ago

Source? Lol

Obvious photochop of Wonka...

#19 4 years ago

Luck dragon? Bullshit that's a dog with wings!

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Source? Lol

Photoshop was not by me. This is just fun. Some may love the theme and some won’t if it’s true.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Source? Lol

That’s my point. What a silly idea.

#22 4 years ago

Great movie.

Dumb pin theme.

#23 4 years ago

I would rather them come out with this!

20190517_190959 (resized).jpg20190517_190959 (resized).jpg
    #24 4 years ago
    #25 4 years ago

Great movie, but it's obscure/cult-following at this point in time. They'd sell about as well as P3...maybe a few more.

#26 4 years ago

Many pinsiders know how I feel about this movie, but I will state here and now that
    I will pay JJP $12,000 NOT TO MAKE this pin.

Nothing to see here Jack... please move along...

#27 4 years ago

Not in a million years. Jack is looking for homerun themes which appeal to all ages and both sexes, casting the widest net possible for sales. An extremely smart thing to do, because it's what I would do. And so we wait for the next homerun - Toy Story.

#28 4 years ago

Not really interested in this being a pin, but loved the movie when i was a kid. Had to look up trivia for it on IMDB and saw this.....

Noah Hathaway was hurt twice during the making of the movie. While learning to ride a horse, his horse threw him off, then stepped on him. While shooting the drowning sequence in the "swamp of sadness," his leg got caught on the elevator and he was pulled under water. He was unconscious by the time he was brought to the surface.

#29 4 years ago

Rewatched this movie a few years back, unfortunately it doesn't hold up.

#30 4 years ago

When I read the thread title I was expecting this to be about their issues with manufacturing. Never mind.

#31 4 years ago

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3974

48673C84-9DE1-4F8F-827D-D86AE7450DDD (resized).jpeg48673C84-9DE1-4F8F-827D-D86AE7450DDD (resized).jpeg3216DCF9-1A9C-49E8-8CE1-F09423F6B0C5 (resized).jpeg3216DCF9-1A9C-49E8-8CE1-F09423F6B0C5 (resized).jpeg
    #32 4 years ago

They should get right on that after Dumb and Dumber

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from holminone:

They should get right on that after Dumb and Dumber

Dumb and Dumber would actually be a great theme...

Never ending story..? Ugh. Same as Remo Williams in my childhood... Great memory but when you watch it again it's like "why did I think this was good?"

#34 4 years ago

I guess I'm in the minority because the music alone would make this a fantastic pinball theme. I have watched the movie in recent years and the awe of Morla, the fear of Gmork and the sadness of losing Artax are all still there. I think the level of cult following for this movie must be similar to Willy Wonka. Imagine a light show to this song:

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-the-neverending-story-?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.