New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 275750)

JJP The Hobbit - sculpted mods by THE ART OF PINBALL

By liorillusion

58 days ago

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by liorillusion
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 36 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0157 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
20201007_193342 (resized).jpg
20201007_193305 (resized).jpg
20201007_193046 (resized).jpg
20201006_202558 (resized).jpg
20201006_202547 (resized).jpg
20201006_202325 (resized).jpg
IMG_7705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7706 2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7704 2 (resized).jpeg
20201006_110700 (resized).jpg
20201006_110647 (resized).jpg
20201006_110539 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_142008146 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_141700544 (resized).jpg

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 13 days ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

The shipment has arrived! I am hard pressed to come up with words that properly describe the quality of these parts. Plenty of companies are selling crappy 3D printed pieces, and a couple even sell some passable 3D printed mods, but these are in a world all their own. The sculpting, the painting, everything just blows me away. If you take a look at your existing JJP stock parts, there is actually less detail than these have. If you were ever on the fence about Lior's mods, don't be. These are 100% the best looking mods I have ever seen. I'm looking forward to receiving my POTC parts in the coming months as well as anything else he releases in the future.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

thank you very much for this awesome feedback!
im glad you like it. im always happy to see the reaction of new costumers. im trying to make as much detail as i can and its all made by hand.
enjoy your new mod

#52 13 days ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

The shipment has arrived! I am hard pressed to come up with words that properly describe the quality of these parts. Plenty of companies are selling crappy 3D printed pieces, and a couple even sell some passable 3D printed mods, but these are in a world all their own. The sculpting, the painting, everything just blows me away. If you take a look at your existing JJP stock parts, there is actually less detail than these have. If you were ever on the fence about Lior's mods, don't be. These are 100% the best looking mods I have ever seen. I'm looking forward to receiving my POTC parts in the coming months as well as anything else he releases in the future.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pictures. Wow the detail on those are amazing - even has thread marks in the soles of the boots!

#53 13 days ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Thanks for the pictures. Wow the detail on those are amazing - even has thread marks in the soles of the boots!

...and old boot smell to, lol. Lior does an amazing job.

#54 13 days ago

I agree with the prior posts re. the quality of Lior's mods . The book stand is a definite upgrade to JJP's original which was just "OK". And, the "legs out of the barrel" mod adds some humor to the play field and that is always a good thing. Best of all, the mods required only 5 minutes to install (my wife/helper said to tell Lior thank you very much for that). The included 'surprise gifts were also a nice touch. Thanks!

20201006_110700 (resized).jpg20201006_110647 (resized).jpg20201006_110539 (resized).jpg
#55 13 days ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I agree with the prior posts re. the quality of Lior's mods . The book stand is a definite upgrade to JJP's original which was just "OK". And, the "legs out of the barrel" mod adds some humor to the play field and that is always a good thing. Best of all, the mods required only 5 minutes to install (my wife/helper said to tell Lior thank you very much for that). The included 'surprise gifts were also a nice touch. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

thank you very much for the feedback and photos.
yes installation is super easy. on my game when i install it and toke the photos i didnt toke the glass all the way off hahaha
glad you like it. enjoy your new mod

#56 13 days ago

I got my Lior mods in and they look AWESOME. As always great quality and fun times adding them to my games.They definitely make the games more high end even though JJPs are already great looking. The legs hanging out of the barrel is totally funny and if you know the story totally fitting for the game:}

IMG_7704 2 (resized).jpegIMG_7705 (resized).jpegIMG_7706 2 (resized).jpeg
#57 13 days ago

Got mine today - look great! Thanks Lior!

#58 13 days ago

Hey Lior, have you thought about a small lighting mod to brighten up the bumper area?

I added the legs but that area is a bit dark, you can't really see the original barrel model. A touch of light would really help here.

#59 12 days ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hey Lior, have you thought about a small lighting mod to brighten up the bumper area?
I added the legs but that area is a bit dark, you can't really see the original barrel model. A touch of light would really help here.

all of the bumper area going to be replaced. if you have my barrel legs you will be very happy with this change.

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Got mine today - look great! Thanks Lior!

welcome enjoy!

Quoted from Crumbalimb:

I got my Lior mods in and they look AWESOME. As always great quality and fun times adding them to my games.They definitely make the games more high end even though JJPs are already great looking. The legs hanging out of the barrel is totally funny and if you know the story totally fitting for the game:}
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

thank you very much for the photos and feedback.
enjoy your new mod

#60 12 days ago

Lior, if I may ask, have you planned to make own repros of the four beast heads?

#61 12 days ago
Quoted from FancyFrank:

Lior, if I may ask, have you planned to make own repros of the four beast heads?

yes the original looks soooo bad!

#62 11 days ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

yes the original looks soooo bad!

By the way Lior, do you really have 112 pinball machines!

#63 11 days ago
Quoted from Goronic:

By the way Lior, do you really have 112 pinball machines!

maybe more most of them in storage. at home i have just 4 right now and more arcade machines and slots.

#64 11 days ago

Super great detail. Looks really good in the game. If you buy both the book mod and pop bumper mod, you won't be disappointed. Install the book first (as instructed) because the bumper mod legs will hit the bottom of the book in maybe 30 degrees of the possible rotation so be aware of that.

20201006_202325 (resized).jpg20201006_202547 (resized).jpg20201006_202558 (resized).jpg20201007_193046 (resized).jpg20201007_193305 (resized).jpg20201007_193342 (resized).jpg
#65 11 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Super great detail. Looks really good in the game. If you buy both the book mod and pop bumper mod, you won't be disappointed. Install the book first (as instructed) because the bumper mod legs will hit the bottom of the book in maybe 30 degrees of the possible rotation so be aware of that.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

thank you very much for the photos and feedback

btw guys i have few sets left.

#66 6 days ago

production update.

all orders will be shipped until next Friday (new orders from October will be shipped in 2 -3 weeks)

this is a LAST CALL for people who thinking about this mods. will not make more casting after this production! casting 10 extra and thats all!
i have other projects to do and i will be back to Hobbit next year.

#67 6 days ago

Mine arrived last night. Looks great Lior. I will be installing the book and legs on the weekend

#68 6 days ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

production update.
all orders will be shipped until next Friday
this is a LAST CALL for people who thinking about this mods. will not make more casting after this production! casting 10 extra and thats all!
i have other projects to do and i will be back to Hobbit next year.

I am in on the book and legs already, and am looking forward to other hobbit mods...

There are several more areas in the hobbit that definitely need your expertise and craftsmanship

#69 6 days ago

Keep the beasts on your list of future mods.

#70 5 days ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am in on the book and legs already, and am looking forward to other hobbit mods...
There are several more areas in the hobbit that definitely need your expertise and craftsmanship

yes i agree there is few things who looks really bad

Quoted from KingBW:

Keep the beasts on your list of future mods.

its a MUST for me the original looks sooooo bad.

#71 4 days ago

another run is ready to ship
packing tomorrow and booked on Monday early flight with FedEx.
October orders will be shipped in 2-3 weeks

pasted_image (resized).png

#72 2 days ago

tracking number sent! please check your pm
waiting to see photos

if you didn't got tracking number you are on next batch. will be shipped in 2-3 weeks

thanks

#73 2 days ago

What a great Mod

IMG_0157 (resized).JPG
#74 1 day ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

What a great Mod
[quoted image]

thanks for the photo!
enjoy your new mod

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Massillon, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside