pasted_image (resized).png
keep-calm-don-t-get-your-panties-in-a-twist (resized).png
griswold_christmas-760x447 (resized).jpeg
pR4F6n1.gif
scarface (resized).jpg
IMG_20211220_100807 (resized).jpg
79405DC2-FA43-4A5A-8DF1-2EC657A521FB (resized).jpeg
57d1845dfd94017c53ea6027-580595df7feb0c003619d398 (resized).jpg

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago

This one is a total pass for me and I enjoyed the movies. However, there are plenty of very popular pinball themes out there that I don’t like. It should be interesting to see in 3-5 years when it’s released.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I don’t understand the hate for the “pay wall”

Where do you get the hate from .
He now charges for some podcasts , I said I wasn't going to vote for him in a pinball award . Simple as that .
And to be honest I've voted for The Pinball Show for the last couple of years , Zach is killing it .

#103 2 years ago

It's down. I see it there but it won't let me play it. Should not of waited a day before listening to it. I'm a Kaneda member. I think the guy is super entertaining. It's a true talent to keep an audience entertained for 30 mins or more of straight talk. Say what you will about him but it's hard to say the guy is not entertaining. Right or wrong maybe or probably it's nice to listen to things about a hobby you love. Don't like him? Don't listen. My go to podcasts are Kaneda and Zach. Love the hobby. People should appreciate everyone trying to contribute to pinball.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

It's down. I see it there but it won't let me play it. Should not of waited a day before listening to it. I'm a Kaneda member. I think the guy is super entertaining. It's a true talent to keep an audience entertained for 30 mins of straight talk. Say what you will about him but it's hard to say the guy is not entertaining. Right or wrong maybe or probably it's nice to listen to things about a hobby you love. Don't like him? Don't listen. My go to podcasts are Kaneda and Zach. Love the hobby. People should appreciate everyone trying to contribute to pinball.

The purpose of his podcast was to intimidate me , humiliate me and to get pinside to turn on me , none of which has happened .
He thought I would be curled up in a ball with the curtains pulled and the lights out .
I'm not a newbie and I'm not going to fall for that crap .
I don't have Facebook but everything I've read on pinside has been against him .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now
I don't hate him , and enjoy listening to his shows . I'm disappointed he's deleted my show because I wanted to show it to my mum
I will explain exactly why I did what I did , I just want to Fact Check a few things first .

#105 2 years ago

Can't comment on something I did not hear. I hope everyone works shit out. Life is too short. It's the Holidays. Be happy hug your family and play a game of pinball.

Looking forward to the next game by Eric. Best of luck!

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hobbit? With a terrible uninspired playfield?

Hauls in money, my best JJP pin.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Pirates? A pin based on a movie with zero movie assets?

Actually the movies were based on a ride.

LTG : )

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Where do you get this from? Hobbit? With a terrible uninspired playfield? Wonka? A musical pin without any music? Pirates? A pin based on a movie with zero movie assets?

Yet all 3 of those games are very popular

luke-sky-walker.gifluke-sky-walker.gif

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yet all 3 of those games are very popular.

Exactly. A good game is a good game regardless of theme.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Where do you get the hate from .

“I don't like how he puts stuff behind a paywall .”

“ he would have put it behind his paywall”

Are the quotes of your posts words of affirmation or kindness? Or are they sarcastic, derogatory or negative to the fact he has a “pay wall”

I know it’s easy to take things out of context from posts and maybe I misread it. It just read like you are bitter he has a pay subscription. Either way, you wouldn’t be the first to make fun of his “pay wall” so that’s where the question of hate comes from. At the end of the day, K is a big boy and can defend himself, I just don’t understand the hubbub over his club.

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Exactly. A good game is a good game regardless of theme.

Never said games weren’t good (except maybe hobbit) comment was on theme integration and claim that stern wasn’t up to the task.

#111 2 years ago

“You can act like a man!”

Great quote from the movie that applies to a few in this thread.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Where do you get this from? Hobbit? With a terrible uninspired playfield? Wonka? A musical pin without any music? Pirates? A pin based on a movie with zero movie assets?

Sounds to me like you haven't put any real time on any of these. Otherwise you would understand how silly you sound saying this. In fact I'm breaking my own rule by wasting my time commenting on uneducated comments. Going back to my life now...

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The purpose of his podcast was to intimidate me , humiliate me and to get pinside to turn on me , none of which has happened .
He thought I would be curled up in a ball with the curtains pulled and the lights out .
I don't have Facebook but everything I've read on pinside has been against him .
I don't hate him , and enjoy listening to his shows . I'm disappointed he's deleted my show because I wanted to show it to my mum
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"48b1d8a3bb8039c798f81e82fc119b6d9078de63-1640382508-1800"};
//]]>

I will explain exactly why I did what I did , I just want to Fact Check a few things first .

I originally downvoted you because I thought this was dumb and Godfather wasn’t happening and any mention of Special K is annoying.

Now it’s become clear you shattered his ego and he is now deeply, personally butthurt, they have been changed to upvotes.

I don’t care if he’s changed, threatening Robin and physically assaulting someone at a pinball show is despicable. There are plenty of people who get multiple chances and change for the better, or eventually explain their side to tell the full story, however Special K is a deep-seated narcissist. He has many years of abhorrent behavior to atone for and instead chooses to throw up his hands and ignore it.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I originally downvoted you because I thought this was dumb and Godfather wasn’t happening and any mention of Special K is annoying.
Now it’s become clear you shattered his ego and he is now deeply, personally butthurt, they have been changed to upvotes.
I don’t care if he’s changed, threatening Robin and physically assaulting someone at a pinball show is despicable. There are plenty of people who get multiple chances and change for the better, or eventually explain their side to tell the full story, however Special K is a deep-seated narcissist. He has many years of abhorrent behavior to atone for and instead chooses to throw up his hands and ignore it.

Thanks Frost , I really appreciate that .
I just want to say I'm a huge jjp fan , I love the company and I love Eric's pins .
The last thing I would want to do in the WORLD is , piss off the company or Eric .
I have owned a RR WOZ , LE Hobbit and LE GNR and I also had a deposit (which I lost) , on a CE POTC .
I knew about Wonka and Toy Story before they were mentioned and I also saw a picture of a alphanumeric screen for Wonka and I've never said anything about that till now .
The last thing I wanted was , the attention , the disappointment from Eric , the downvotes and the anger from people when I said what the rumour I heard was .
BUT when , what a random person said to me , matched up with what Kaneda said , I knew he had heard the same rumor as me .
I still don't know if the rumor is true .
I was going to quote Kanada from 3 podcasts and give time stamps , where he said he was going to give the people what the new titles were because they needed to know and that he wasn't going to hold anything back .
And he also said he was going to say what Eric's new PIN was .
But you can't get access to his podcast's at this point in time .
So the only reason I said what I said was ( I don't want to put words in Eric's mouth )
But , from everything I have read and heard , Eric doesn't like Kaneda .
Even Kaneda said he tried to say hello to Eric at expo but he gave him the cold shoulder .
So I thought if Eric's game was going to be leaked , he would rather it would be by a nobody like me , rather than Kaneda bragging he breaks all the exclusives .

#115 2 years ago

Don’t think anyone really Cares who started a rumor honestly? Even if it’s likely wrong. Unless there’s some type of award dibs on a rumor it really doesn’t matter. And as a side note, Eric does what he does to the best of his abilities and could care less what anyone thinks or says. Talent speaks for itself.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Are u babbling/hating about JJP again!? Jeez man did a JJP fall out of the sky and land on you like the wicked witch?

#117 2 years ago

Any ideas on what source material the pin would cover? Is it just the 1st movie, all 3 movies, the 1st book or all books? Like others mentioned in this thread, it's hard to see enough compelling material for a pin in the 1st movie only.

Also, wouldn't this be the game after next if it's Eric's game?

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You have to take Special K for what he is and not let him bother you. It wouldn't be a show though if he didn't pull shenanigans and push buttons. That is a skill of broadcasting/podcasting, it's all the hook to get you in to listen. Yes, the guy is a narcissist, but at the same time he is a master Barnum & Bailey of pinball. He and I clashed heavily at times, but you know what? He had the balls to put me on his show and he let me say what I had to say and didn't edit me one bit for the times I called him to the floor. Quite frankly he knows your battle is good for the show. The guy is a master of self promotion.

#119 2 years ago

K allegedly physically assaulted someone at a pinball show?
Wow…. never knew this.
He comes across quite level headed.
Circumstances?
Push, shove…..handbags at dawn or proper fisticuffs?

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

We must define “level headed” very differently.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Another JJP theme I care nothing about.

This theme is as exciting as a slow moving old dog.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

K allegedly physically assaulted someone at a pinball show?
Wow…. never knew this.
Circumstances?
Push, shove…..handbags at dawn or proper fisticuffs?

He threw a drink on them is all, for insulting his wife. No excuse for poor behavior, but he was drunk on top of it all.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

He threw a drink on them is all, for insulting his wife.

More going on than that.

It's posted somewhere on Pinside.

As I recall upsetting a pinball tournament for women, shoving his girlfriend. And Levi dragging him out in a head lock.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

“I don't like how he puts stuff behind a paywall .”
“ he would have put it behind his paywall”
Are the quotes of your posts words of affirmation or kindness? Or are they sarcastic, derogatory or negative to the fact he has a “pay wall”
I know it’s easy to take things out of context from posts and maybe I misread it. It just read like you are bitter he has a pay subscription. Either way, you wouldn’t be the first to make fun of his “pay wall” so that’s where the question of hate comes from. At the end of the day, K is a big boy and can defend himself, I just don’t understand the hubbub over his club.

Kaneda is not the first person on the planet wanting to receive some compensation for his hard work. Paywalls are not a negative thing like some here like to portray. He should have setup a pay wall at least four years ago. He deserves being paid for his efforts in this hobby.

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:He threw a drink on them is all, for insulting his wife. No excuse for poor behavior, but he was drunk on top of it all.

Sometimes, shit happens when your rinsed.
If he was defending his wife’s honour, a bit like Sir Lancelot did for King Arthur….fair one.
But if it was all staged ….. that’s a bit different… lol.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

If he was defending his wife’s honour,

Wasn't his wife. He wasn't defending anything.

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wasn't his wife. He wasn't defending anything.

Seems like there are many renditions of this story, lol.

Now back to the new rumored themed pin from JJP: The Dogfather. Calling it now: loaded with slow music, slow movie clips with long pauses, slow game play, slow moving LEDs, lots of em. Cut and paste artwork, with no mechs, but 4 or 5 ball locks. Yep sounds like it’ll be fun…

#129 2 years ago

I heard that once you lock the 3rd ball, you have have to wait 20 minutes for Michael to return from Sicily before Revenge Multiball will start.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I heard that once you lock the 3rd ball, you have have to wait 20 minutes for Michael to return from Sicily before Revenge Multiball will start.

Too funny!

#131 2 years ago

I think we should not be mean to Kaneda. I've noticed the same things about him as other people have, but he's not really hurting anyone. Being mean to people who you think are mean is always tempting, but if everyone did that it would just make the world overflow with meanness. I think people being mean to people they think are mean is a source of a lot of unnecessary suffering, and I think the fact that people sometimes show restraint in who they judge is one thing that makes the world a sometimes-nice place to live in.

I concur that Godfather seems like an odd choice for a pinball machine. It's all about the psychology, the action isn't really the focus of the series. A few action scenes do stick out, admittedly. Eric and the rest are smart guys, I doubt an obvious problem like this hasn't occurred to them or would get in their way. I wonder to what extent the movie's logo (the hand holding the puppet strings) will feature in the game.

Quoted from adol75:

As long as its not another Meunier's zillion of multiballs all over the place, I may be interested.

I would imagine that the prevalence of multiballs is more down to the programmer than the designer. I could be wrong. I know that Keith often lays out a lot of rules for his games, but I've never heard that Eric does so. I'd be interested to know what ideas in JJP Pirates come from him, I'm fascinated by that game.

Edit: I didn't see the story about him shoving his girlfriend. Even so... a public shaming campaign is a heavy thing to do to someone. A lot of people say public shaming is overrated. They've been known to go wrong.

Here's my thesis: public shaming campaigns often mete out punishments that are worse than optimal. It's a known phenomenon. There are many articles on the subject. So just keep that in mind. That's all I ask.

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Seems like there are many renditions of this story, lol.

Just one. Read this post about it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-strongly-worded-message-for-kaneda

#134 2 years ago

Any truth to the rumor a major feature was removed? The mode required a player to kiss the blinking action button on the lockdown bar with their lips while holding each flipper button as if one were kissing The Godfather’s ring. It was ruled out for sanitary reasons.

#135 2 years ago

Lol….. looks like the crowd got their money’s worth.

Any remorseful person would wake up the next day and think
“holy sh^t, please tell me I was dreaming!”

1 year later
#136 1 year ago

Well , it's finally official .
You heard it here first
I still don't think it's the best of theme but from the pictures , really excited to see what's in it .

IMG_20230305_022022 (resized).jpgIMG_20230305_022022 (resized).jpgIMG_20230305_014140 (resized).jpgIMG_20230305_014140 (resized).jpgIMG_20230305_022051 (resized).jpgIMG_20230305_022051 (resized).jpg
#137 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Well , it's finally official .
You heard it here first
I still don't think it's the best of theme but from the pictures , really excited to see what's in it .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

… I take off my hat to you mate… you told me more than 1 year ago about this. That very same day I wrote to my distributor and he put me in for a CE, so because of you I’m on top of the list brother (I just hope and trust that this it’s an amazing game).

Thanks Screaminr for the tip

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

… I take off my hat to you mate… you told me more than 1 year ago about this. That very same day I wrote to my distributor and he put me in for a CE, so because of you I’m on top of the list brother (I just hope and trust that this it’s an amazing game).
Thanks Screaminr for the tip

I'm so glad you're number one !
I copped a bit of shit for posting but if you get your CE , it's totally worth it for me .
If I had the money I would definitely get this .
I have total faith in Eric as a designer , I just hope he isn't let down by the code .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-the-godfather-/page/3?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.