You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0B80D1A1-1E70-49B6-BB1B-9497E5983280 (resized).jpeg
054D5BA6-73B0-4AE9-A52D-701AA93A3726 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6502 (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Well look at this on JJP's instagram page... the POTC stamp from the COA. Does this mean new JJP POTC production!!!

WOW!!

IMG_6502 (resized).jpegIMG_6502 (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

Makes sense

#3 2 years ago

Probably new code. It's still missing the Wizard mode right?

Making more would be a cash cow for sure tho!

#4 2 years ago

That’s Ken Cromwell’s notary public stamp. If you need anything, JJP can help with your legal needs!

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just code nothing more.

CHA CHING!

#7 2 years ago

Unfortunately JJP is done with the nightmare they created with all the mechanical issues in POTC. Not making it again because they don’t want the constant headache this machine has created for them. It sat on the shelf for nearly 2 years and no one wanted it, till it was cutoff at 1k machines and now a few want it because of rarity. Although it is easily JJP’s best playing game (if you like MB after MB), even though the ball meanders all over the place and gets lost much of the time, since it is a wide body.

#8 2 years ago

How many times are we going to have this conversation? They are not making new POTC, they aren't setup to do wide bodies at their new factory. This is all about the new code that's coming...

Jeff

#9 2 years ago

Don't think it will be run again ..
However would love to see them do it so all the people that paid stupid money get super pissed .
Wasn't this the game that started the retarded prices for pins ?

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Wasn't this the game that started the retarded prices for pins ?

No, that would be Tron LE.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I think MM and BBB were the first, then CC.

TronLE was actually a bargain up until 2020.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they did a POtC run, nothing JJP (or Stern for that matter) surprises me anymore.

I’ll bet they are getting close to catching up on orders for GnR, so the timing makes sense.

#12 2 years ago

Soon as they figure out how to remove all the problematic units and still sell a ton of them its on!

#13 2 years ago

To bad it’s not Harry Potter. I figure that would sell pretty good. The age range for those that where a kid when that all blew up are of buying age now.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

If you dig hard enough I remember seeing silly prices for “restored” AFMs in 2014 for 8k, which was absurd back then

3 weeks later
#15 2 years ago

Another tease on FB today??....

054D5BA6-73B0-4AE9-A52D-701AA93A3726 (resized).jpeg054D5BA6-73B0-4AE9-A52D-701AA93A3726 (resized).jpeg
#16 2 years ago

About time!

Let the crazed panic selling begin!

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

[quoted image]

Probably the code update.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Probably the code update.

Probably. I’ve always felt they had zero desire to get back into the morass that is trying to produce functioning POTC games.

That being said…I mean…it has to be tempting!

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Probably. I’ve always felt they had zero desire to get back into the morass that is trying to produce functioning POTC games.
That being said…I mean…it has to be tempting!

Yeah as a company one would think they like to make money lol. They could probably sell 500 Pirates Black Pearl Editions or whatever at $12k - $15k and there's a good chance every game would sell. That's $6 million - $7.5 million in sales. I don't understand how JJP turns that away. One theory is that the owners, who are incredibly wealthy, could care less about generating more profit from another Pirates run and instead want JJP to focus on new games.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah as a company one would think they like to make money lol. They could probably sell 500 Pirates Black Pearl Editions or whatever at $12k - $15k and there's a good chance every game would sell. That's $6 million - $7.5 million in sales. I don't understand how JJP turns that away. One theory is that the owners, who are incredibly wealthy, could care less about generating more profit from another Pirates run and instead want JJP to focus on new games.

“Licensing issues” are a thing too. You don’t even know if it’s even possible
For them to rerun this thing.

#21 2 years ago

[quoted image]

This is regards to getting Scorbit on POTC. The very top of the original post was about Scorbit now being available on WOZ, so the commenter asked for it on POTC.

A couple of months ago I asked Jack himself about making new runs of popular machines…specifically asking about POTC…and he said no way, he feels the company should always keeping looking forward to the next title, not reliving the past. I suggested another, completely separate assembly line just to make more runs in parallel, same answer. Too bad. I would like to have a POTC but I’m not paying $20k for it. Especially a used one.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

A couple of months ago I asked Jack himself about making new runs of popular machines…specifically asking about POTC…and he said no way, he feels the company should always keeping looking forward to the next title, not reliving the past.

I hear you but it seems Jack talks out of both sides of his mouth on the subject. They also did just re-run Wonka, as for looking back at past games I’m not reading too much into it but this was from the same thread posted an hour or two ago by JJP on WOZ... So basically anything is possible I guess.

0B80D1A1-1E70-49B6-BB1B-9497E5983280 (resized).jpeg0B80D1A1-1E70-49B6-BB1B-9497E5983280 (resized).jpeg
#23 2 years ago

Yes anything is possible. You just never know.

That being said if you want a POTC today you gotta pay the piper!

Lol@ the suggestion to jack to “build another line for POTC.”

You don’t just whip up “another line” in your free tite an expensive, time consuming endeavor!

#24 2 years ago

Yeah, I believe Jack once said Stern almost went out of business because they weren’t paying attention to what customers want. Then Jack came along and ‘made people notice pinball again’ and shown people what it can be.

He needs to not make the same mistake, listen to the consumer. There are many paying a ton of money for used POTCs, there many more willing to pay $9-11k.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes anything is possible. You just never know.
That being said if you want a POTC today you gotta pay the piper!
Lol@ the suggestion to jack to “build another line for POTC.”
You don’t just whip up “another line” in your free tite an expensive, time consuming endeavor!

I didn’t say ‘build another line’ as of its something that can be done easily or overnight. I meant it as part of their business plan. One line that just makes re-runs of titles that continue being in demand. It’ll be profitable.

#26 2 years ago

They need to get to 2 games per year for production. This should be priority number 1 for the business plan now that they have the facility to do it.

#27 2 years ago

The Will of Pinside -- keep repeating it. Just may come true.

#28 2 years ago

It makes sense if GnR sales took a nosedive and the new game is not ready yet .If so ,your not touching anything for under 12k that’s for sure

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I didn’t say ‘build another line’ as of its something that can be done easily or overnight. I meant it as part of their business plan. One line that just makes re-runs of titles that continue being in demand. It’ll be profitable.

Your offhand suggestion is a million dollar project. My guess is it’s crossed their mind.

#30 2 years ago

Please do it, so I can laugh at the idiots who paid $40k for one.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

It makes sense if GnR sales took a nosedive and the new game is not ready yet .If so ,your not touching anything for under 12k that’s for sure

*IF* they remade it (and that’s a big if) - I would expect it to be $15k. I fear that might be the TSCE price too - but I hope I’m wrong.

#32 2 years ago

I hear you but it seems Jack talks out of both sides of his mouth on the subject. They also did just re-run Wonka, as for looking back at past games I’m not reading too much into it but this was from the same thread posted an hour or two ago by JJP on WOZ... So basically anything is possible I guess.
[quoted image]

Tin Man LE and 100 Year Anniversary edition in 2039 confirmed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-teasing-new-potc-production-?hl=linkboy74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.