By solarvalue

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Please indicate which situation below best describes your intentions:”

• I was thinking of buying/have a deposit on DI and I still intend to buy DI 40 votes
    11%
  • I was thinking of buying/have a deposit on DI but I intend to buy POTC instead 19 votes
    5%
  • I was thinking of buying/have a deposit on DI and I also intend to buy POTC 20 votes
    5%
  • I have already bought DI and I intend to sell it to buy POTC 6 votes
    2%
  • I have already bought DI and I intend to buy POTC as well 70 votes
    19%
  • I have already bought DI and I do not intend to buy POTC 36 votes
    10%
  • I was not thinking of buying DI but I intend to buy POTC 82 votes
    22%
  • I was not thinking of buying DI but I intend to buy DI now that I have seen POTC 7 votes
    2%
  • I was not thinking of buying DI and I do not intend to buy POTC 98 votes
    26%

(378 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PS Logo (resized).jpg
22219835_10214556441252724_5804174952937287792_o (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 6 years ago

Huge pole........

1 option was as close as I could get, but my take:

I will never own DI
I'm purchasing a POTC

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

This thread is stupid.

Agreed, only because it will never be an actual representation of what actually happens. Appreciate Ops intent, but no way will #7 be allowed to overtake #5 on here, regardless of reality.....easy prediction....POTC will dramatically be better received and outsell DI....really, really appreciate JJP for bringing this title to fruition....

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

where is the option. Would like to buy both, but think the price is ridiculous and can't justify it. Could also have, would buy DI if priced less. Would buy POTC if priced less.

Dont need a poll for that...its a given....

1 week later
#53 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Obviously I don't know all, I don't know anything about JJPOTC and I only have a 20 or so games played on DI so I can not say.
But you are spot on with Woz IMO, I have owned pinball machines for 14 years owned 18 different pins and a lot of the heavy hitters TZ, IJ, both ST and STTNG etc. and lots of top Stern pins but I feel Woz is clearly the best one of any that I have owned.
I don't think it's essential to buy it before it stops production because they will be for sale for as long as I live, but to me having the RR with 2.0 and the RadCals is just the best version (some may disagree but as my opinion 2.0 RR is the top dog). Plus knowing JJP there is not a lot to say they won't toss in a newer version of DI or JJPOTC to goose sales in a year or so. But to me Woz is probably near the end of the sales curve it came out in 2013 (I think).
I am a big fan of great code and so Tspp and LotR etc.. I won't list all the great code games, but Woz is just as good (really better because of the way it uses it's lighting effects that older games could never do, and even a game like ST which could change it's color didn't really use the intensity setting as much as WoZ does). Anyway, I don't know if DI or JJPOTC will be as beautifully coded as Woz but I do know that Woz had years when it was in development and years when people were waiting for TH so it's pretty much been to the end of the earth with the time on the code probably more than any pin ever made so I think I will still be discovering new things with Woz and learning new ways to stack or score for years to come.
I am sure JJPOTC has more modes but as seen with TH and with my ST which had a lot of modes but they all felt the same or weren't memorable. I mean probably you could make 100 modes for ST if you just wanted to make more modes. Just change the DMD animation and say hit this light shot or that light shot. It's more important than the number of modes they need to be memorable and to me Woz has a lot of that, even the out lain games are intense when I have the shot for Toto finally lined up for the score but just one second too late (priceless).

WOZ is what it is...JJP’s landmark pin, and timeless, imho. I got one of the direct print ECLE’s , and pref it...unbelievably gorgeous, but suspect a nightmare on route, worrying about scratches and such.

I’m in on POTCCE, but won’t be replacing my WOZ...just a great addition.....

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're putting it on a route, you can't be worrying about scratches. If that bothers you, then you're not cut out to route games.
As long as you mylar the forest, sling areas, and entrance in front of the target, you're fine. The original run lighting is a disaster, but once you get on the newer boards it's okay. And even at $1/play, it earns top 3 consistently on the route I help with, so there's that.

Yep...switched my entire machine over to the 7.5, vs the original 5v system. Rock solid now......the direct print on the ECLE is some of the best I’ve ever seen....love it....

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

By the slings? No. Elsewhere, maybe. Playfield clear is certainly more brittle in 2017 than before. Diamondplate ware more susceptible to scuffs and scratches, but not chipping (at least not for a decade or more), but the new environmentally friendly clear seems to chip MUCH easier.

They ( JJP) sent me a set for N/C ( trees, slings, front of drop) some time back......machine gets played a lot ( long games, as we all know)...zero problems....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-survey-dialed-in-vs-pirates-of-the-caribbean?tu=MK6PIN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.