(Topic ID: 319162)

JJP Survey

By mtp78

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20220722_161932827~2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220722_160904218 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220722_154741579 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220722_153544276 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220722_153105284 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220722_150907137 (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Anyone get the pleasure of being sent the JJP survey in their inbox ?

#2 1 year ago

Yes!

I suggested they rehire LTG, ship games with more complete code and QC playfields

#3 1 year ago

I completed it too, I kept it on topic for what they are asking, but suggest anybody who received it to take the time to fill it out.

JJP has all the pieces to make pinball defining games, but they obviously have some areas to improve.

Glad JJP, Stern and "oddballs" like Multimorphic are around!

Telling JJP what they are doing well at, and what they need to improve on... people spend all day arguing about that on pinside. Having them ask us in a structured way what is up is a surprising change....

#4 1 year ago

Glad to see they are taking the time to poll their audience. Let's hope they listen.

#5 1 year ago

I just completed it also!

#6 1 year ago

I did it too! I'm glad they are asking

#7 1 year ago

Completed, very complementary. Love their games.

#8 1 year ago

Completed it, but forgot to mention LTG.

#9 1 year ago

I did and was honest , I’ve bought all their games except WOZ and sold all them for a variety of reasons. I tried to be respectful but honest and constructive.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Completed it, but forgot to mention LTG.

Thank you.

They won't care anyway.

LTG : )

#11 1 year ago

I completed it, put a long note on how TS4 was a step back and how they need to bring LTG back especially when their QA out of the factory is clearly going down.

#12 1 year ago

I still feel bad about it, Lloyd? Sorry.

#13 1 year ago

I just completed the survey - Bring LTG back!

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Thank you.
    They won't care anyway.
    LTG : )

I know exactly how you feel, sir! Glad you’re finding your way otherwise

#15 1 year ago

I was as nice as I could be .Pinball is better with JJP around ,though I won’t be purchasing any of they’re pins for a long while .The “gag order” is what set me off , not the playfields .I had a bad GnR under 50 plays and after the initial tantrum ,I used the fixes and would’ve been fine but my pins damage extended past the washer kits .Still not the end of the world ,but when 2 employees contacted me on the side and expressed how sorry they were they couldn’t help because of being ordered to ignore the subject ,that sent me in a rage .Like I said before ,there’s a bunch of real good and talented people there and would love to support them again but I have to see big changes at the top first .I always said a simple apology and a better fix would have been fine with me .The Lloyd thing sickened me ,I’ll leave that alone in respect to LTG himself .That’s the last I will ever talk about it but if they would take some advice on the actual pins they make ,Id say the biggest thing would be keep the deep deep codes but add a way to play and save progress .Something like a playstation game .Maybe 3 ways to play 1)beginners code where you slowly learn the basic rules and it has a ending 2) normal pinball deep code 3) same deep code with a way to save progress . Best wishes

#16 1 year ago

Question: was this the first time JJP put out a customer survey??

They are collecting interesting metrics to dissect how to market for the next game. That is the impression I got from this.

What does my college education have to do with pinballs??

Just some of the crap questions was not necessary

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

They are collecting interesting metrics to dissect how to market for the next game. That is the impression I got from this.

$$$$$

#18 1 year ago

We were there today.. went through both production lines, parts department,. Build set ups, talked with many of the employees on the factory floor, very nice set up, well put together, every game is thoroughly inspected & tested before it leaves. Sterling gave Steve Ritchie some pointers on game design and talked gameplay. Spoke with Several of the designers and engineers as well, they want you to have the best game experience you can have and it shows. They make toys...and we love them, and they are so excited when their creations come to life and enter the world . No, I can't tell you their secrets they are working on

PXL_20220722_150907137 (resized).jpgPXL_20220722_150907137 (resized).jpgPXL_20220722_153105284 (resized).jpgPXL_20220722_153105284 (resized).jpgPXL_20220722_153544276 (resized).jpgPXL_20220722_153544276 (resized).jpgPXL_20220722_154741579 (resized).jpgPXL_20220722_154741579 (resized).jpgPXL_20220722_160904218 (resized).jpgPXL_20220722_160904218 (resized).jpgPXL_20220722_161932827~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220722_161932827~2 (resized).jpg
    #19 1 year ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

Would you agree this is a big era coming up for pinball ? Meaning most pins are purchased by a aging crowd that like aging themes .If pinball is to move forward past the 2020’s they need bridge themes that will attract both the young crowd and us old farts .Stranger Things ,Mando ,Rick and Morty were some that showed success .Hobbit was kinda in that middle area .It’s not going to be easy but pinheads need to embrace this or they’ll be sitting on collections of unsellable machines at some point .My theory is TV series on Prime ,Netflix ,HBO etc is where to look as they seem to be the future .The good thing with those is if a pins a big hit only covering the first few seasons ,you can go back to the well for follow up on the next few and always have fresh content .

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

They might be looking for investors to move to the next growth step. Evaluating their client base revenue and education in the middle of a recession makes sense in that regard as the valuation for a funding round is more based on growth projection than current revenue so any marker that can give a level of confidence on the projections is good to take.

I also think that the cut on the BOM for TS4 and the price hike are a way to show investors that pinball can be profitable

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

No, I can't tell you their secrets they are working on
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#22 1 year ago

I asked for Lloyd to be brought back as well as for playfields to be manufactured better. The whole playfield chipping/pooling issue is why there is not a GNR in my house right now. I do love my WoZ and it is bolted to the floor.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-survey- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.