(Topic ID: 180853)

JJP Survey

By jorge5240

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

I just received a survey from JJP through survey monkey. It was pretty interesting the questions they asked. I think it is good they are looking for feedback. I wish it would have had an area for comments at the end.

If they are reading this.
    I am glad they went away from wide bodies on the current model.
    Pricing is out of control. I consider myself a high end collector but this is getting bit ridiculous.
    I want them to succeed and I want them to get the best themes (Toy Story) because I think they will do a better job with it.
    But 9K makes my butt pucker.

#2 7 years ago

Just completed mine a few minutes ago.

#3 7 years ago

Just did mine. 1st WOZ build was better than the second, EC to RR.

#4 7 years ago

The next JJP machine is going to be a zoo or animal kingdom theme? I'm all for that.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Just did mine. 1st WOZ build was better than the second, EC to RR.

What did you feel changed?

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The next JJP machine is going to be a zoo or animal kingdom theme? I'm all for that.

Actually an interesting theme. I am not opposed to it. Maybe jungle cruiser??

#7 7 years ago

I just took mine as well.

#8 7 years ago

The build quality was definitely worse all around. Wasn't just the led boards.

#9 7 years ago

I took mine.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : No idea why they sent me one ?

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Actually an interesting theme. I am not opposed to it. Maybe jungle cruiser??

I just figured it out. It's probably just those flying monkeys from woz doing the surveys.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

I am glad they went away from wide bodies on the current model.
    Pricing is out of control. I consider myself a high end collector but this is getting bit ridiculous.
    I want them to succeed and I want them to get the best themes (Toy Story) because I think they will do a better job with it.
    But 9K makes my butt pucker.

Took the survey as well and appreciated the opportunity to provide feedback. Totally agree with you regarding widebody and price.

#12 7 years ago

I did my survey also. Agree that a misc. comments section would have been good. They must be thinking of more original themes. That's both good and bad. A bad theme is a deal killer. A really good popular theme could knock this guy over the fence and buy another one - like a Harry Potter or Toy Story. An original theme would take some good innovative features, great game play, and really good deep code to sell it for me - a much harder sell, but not out of the question. As of right now, I want to see JJP's next pin or know the theme before I would buy a Dialed In. But more accessibility to play Dialed In could change that ... maybe. It's hard when there isn't many places near by to play their pins. Expos usually have real long lines and you don't get much time with it as a "potential real buyer".

I hope JJP continues to do well and can't wait to see what they have in line next.

#13 7 years ago

I give them credit for doing the survey. Kudos big time.

Getting my thoughts together. Will do this weekend when I have some time.

#14 7 years ago

Submitted mine this afternoon. There did seem to be quite the focus on original themes. Which is great news to me. I have zero interest in comic books, movies based on comic book characters, TV shows, washed up music groups, cartoons, and movie themes - which seems to be every machine rolling off the lines these days. The few licensed theme machines I own I bought because of the gameplay - if I could sandblast every piece of art off of them and remove the licensed themes, I'd love to. I'm going to pick up a Dialed In as soon as they start rolling off the line, and one of the biggest reasons is that it's not some stupid unoriginal licensed theme. I understand that licensed themes sell - but if I sold you a Harry Potter branded dog turd, you might love the branding, but that doesn't mean it's still not a stinking dog turd.

It all comes down to quality, gameplay, and ultimately, fun. Licensed themes can have that, but if another superhero movie or pin were never made, I would be ecstatic. Please, game designers, use your creativity and come up with something original.

#15 7 years ago

Odd, I have a WOZECLE and a down payment DILE. I did not get a survey.

#16 7 years ago

They are probably going out staggered as I recieved and completed my survey earlier this week.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from goren1818:

Odd, I have a WOZECLE and a down payment DILE. I did not get a survey.

I would check your spam folder, it's possible your email client put it in there (mine did).

#18 7 years ago

Nice Survey of a Survey!

#19 7 years ago

I got one a month or two ago.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I took mine.
    LTG : )
    Disclaimer : No idea why they sent me one ?

Me as well, and im a dist.
    ll take it today
    Pincades
    JT

#21 7 years ago

My survey was similar to you guys. I pushed for original content instead of going the Stern route on licensing. But the price is too damn high.

#22 7 years ago

It's cool that they sent the surveys out, I filled out mine.

#23 7 years ago

I think they just sent it out to everyone subscribed to their newsletter

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-survey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.