• Latest reply 8 years ago by jhagen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Playboy-Bunny-Plays-Playboy-Pinball-500x4191.jpg

#1 8 years ago

I want to give my highest respect and appreciation to Jack and his team at Jersey Jack Pinball. I own one of the early production WOZECLE machines, and have experienced all the issues these early production models had. To put it in a nutshell, JJP's support and willingness to stand behind their product (beyond any requirements of the warrantee) has won my respect and loyalty. Jack has held to a business ethic of superior customer service that is second to none I have experienced. LLoyd and Frank have been a tremendous resource and provided superior guidance as we worked to resolve my issues.

I'm a proud owner of this fine pinball, a favorite of my family and friends, and highly recommend that you purchase their products with the confidence of knowing they stand behind their product %100. Not a recommendation I make lightly, but I make with the confidence of the actual experience I have had.

Thank you to Jack and his team at JJP!

#2 8 years ago

Expected this to be another bashing rant. Pleasantly surprised!

#3 8 years ago

You can like the game or not, but there is no question about their commitment to a quality product and support.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

I want to give my highest respect and appreciation to Jack and his team at Jersey Jack Pinball. I own one of the early production WOZECLE machines, and have experienced all the issues these early production models had. To put it in a nutshell, JJP's support and willingness to stand behind their product (beyond any requirements of the warrantee) has won my respect and loyalty. Jack has held to a business ethic of superior customer service that is second to none I have experienced. LLoyd and Frank have been a tremendous resource and provided superior guidance as we worked to resolve my issues.
I'm a proud owner of this fine pinball, a favorite of my family and friends, and highly recommend that you purchase their products with the confidence of knowing they stand behind their product %100. Not a recommendation I make lightly, but I make with the confidence of the actual experience I have had.
Thank you to Jack and his team at JJP!

great to know.
thanks for sharing your experience.

#5 8 years ago

Nice to hear. Can we have an Easter " say nice things all day" day? I agree with Imeh, and have found the same with Stern and their Australian distributer AMD. If you stay on this forum too long, you'd think everyone that deals in pinball were greedy low-lives that purely want money and don't care about owners.

Happy Easter - or happy holiday if you are from other persuasions, and keep spreading good news about the hobby.

Playboy-Bunny-Plays-Playboy-Pinball-500x4191.jpgPlayboy-Bunny-Plays-Playboy-Pinball-500x4191.jpg

#6 8 years ago

I'm right there with you. Still troubleshooting LED issues, and Frank & Co. are very helpful in trying to sort things out. I'm in for a Hobbit, and it won't be my last JJP.

#7 8 years ago

In my opinion there will be problems in any new venture, without question. A sign of a great company is not how many problems they avoid, but rather how they handle the ones that inevitably come up. JJP does it right.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#8 8 years ago

Frank is the unsung hero at JJP. He did help me with the myriad of issues related to my WOZLE.

#9 8 years ago

They've been great to me.

#10 8 years ago

No complaints here. My WOZECLE also has had lamp issues, customer assist has been fantastic. Jack takes each pins issues very seriously. You can tell he was a tech back in the day!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

No complaints here. My WOZECLE also has had lamp issues, customer assist has been fantastic. Jack takes each pins issues very seriously. You can tell he was a tech back in the day!

Sounds like the lighting issues were addressed in Hobbit (LED boards, General, etc) - so lets hope lighting is a thing of the past with JJP...

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Sounds like the lighting issues were addressed in Hobbit (LED boards, General, etc) - so lets hope lighting is a thing of the past with JJP...

The lighting issues on WOZ have been fixed, I think Hobbit has a different setup if I heard correctly.

#13 8 years ago

Are you the original owner?

I've considered getting a WoZ, but I'm concerned about getting a lemon. Seems like a lot of the earlier runs had some significant problems. Would JJP support a game not owned by the original purchaser?

#14 8 years ago

I am the origional owner. The lighting was the only real issue the early ones had ( minor issues like a loose set screw aside) and I think most of the early machines led problems have been resolved by now.
I wouldn't stay away from one for that reason now. As far as support goes, all the early games are out of warranty by now and you would have to check with JJP about that.

#15 8 years ago

Lloyd and Ken were big helps for me, but gotta toss Alex in to the group, he gave me his personal cell and walked me through some initial troubles with the PC that I had that fixed me right up. Jack has some great people on his team for sure.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Are you the original owner?
I've considered getting a WoZ, but I'm concerned about getting a lemon. Seems like a lot of the earlier runs had some significant problems. Would JJP support a game not owned by the original purchaser?

I would say go for it. Just do your due diligence, when you find one your interested, get the MFG date, find out what kind of light boards it has, has it had any boards blow? were they replaced with the ones with the built in filter that fixes the prob?

Maybe get the serial # and email JJP privately about any warranty concerns regarding things like the light boards and go from there.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I would say go for it. Just do your due diligence, when you find one your interested, get the MFG date, find out what kind of light boards it has, has it had any boards blow? were they replaced with the ones with the built in filter that fixes the prob?
Maybe get the serial # and email JJP privately about any warranty concerns regarding things like the light boards and go from there.

That's good advice!

#18 8 years ago

I want to acknowledge Jack and his team as well. I recently bought a NIB WOZ std and had several out of the box issues which I was able to fix on my own with support from these forums. However there was one chronic issue I couldn't figure out - after working for a couple weeks with Frank, Lloyd and others via email Jack got involved and sent a tech and parts. When even that didn't work Jack agreed to swap it out for a new machine which will arrive Saturday. So kudos to Jack and JJP for standing behind their product. The distributor, Joe at Pinballstar, was also helpful throughout the process.

#19 8 years ago

Ken has been extremely helpful solving problems with my WOZ. Great guy and a quick responder. Lloyd and Sal were also great about getting parts to me as I needed them.

#20 8 years ago

Refreshing to hear something positive being posted like this. Gives us some reprieve from the complaining and negativity.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Refreshing to hear something positive being posted like this. Gives us some reprieve from the complaining and negativity.

no kidding, I was just coming in here to post a popcorn gif

Jack is a good guy, he gave me Twinkies!

#22 8 years ago

Absolutely phenomenal support from day one!

I can't wait for Lawlors game

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Absolutely phenomenal support from day one!
I can't wait for Lawlors game

Completely agree with this. I had several issues over the last year that were all addressed immediately.

Gary M from Abel Electronics has also been absolutely phenomenal. If considering a distributor, you won't go wrong with Gary.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-support-and-business-ethics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.