Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Star-Wars-Rouge-One (resized).jpg
    Popeye's Fried Chicken (resized).jpg
    balls (resized).jpg
    Diald (resized).JPG
    IMG_7944 (resized).JPG
    There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Is it possible Disney would also let JJP make a Star Wars pinball? They license to a bunch of different companies who make basically the same toys, comics, books etc? I'm sure it would not hurt for JJP to inquire? If they did, talk about competition.

#2 6 years ago

Yes this will surely happen within the next few weeks.

Talk about competition!

#3 6 years ago

Comment about JJP taking 3-4yrs to release it in 3....2.....1.....

#4 6 years ago

They would definitely do the theme more justice than Stern's sad attempt.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

AMEN !!

John

#6 6 years ago

If they did im guesing it would be long down the road, and no that isn't a shot at their release time. Im sure stern has it built into their agreement that they cant license the theme out to another pinball manufacture for X number of years.

#7 6 years ago

As long as they get the Enterprise right, I'm in!

#8 6 years ago

So what you're saying is, JJP should get a license that has already been licensed by someone else in the past, and then make a new game from it? Huh. Interesting idea, that.

#9 6 years ago

Williams made IJ, stern made IJ, same goes with terminator, so i would think anything is possible in the future. Also I wonder if Disney is pleased in the overall look and play of the pin? I know they approve the art, but I wonder if stern gave them basic art without trying to push the issue, I know they probably dont really care about gameplay, but maybe. I'm just saying could you imagine if both made a Star Wars? It would make both companies attempt to out due the other, which would be good for us.

#10 6 years ago

Anybody with even a rudimentary grasp of how licensing works - and from the posts I've seen, they probably aren't here - would understand that this is stern's exclusive license in pinball for some time.

So don't expect it anytime soon.

#11 6 years ago

Depends on when the license expires. Potc was in 2006 and there are rumors of JJP doing it for #4. Basically, the answer is not happening.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody with even a rudimentary grasp of how licensing works - and from the posts I've seen, they probably aren't here - would understand that this is stern's exclusive license in pinball for some time.

Ya I don't know how licensing works, that's why I asked the question. Thanks

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are forgetting that everyone is a certified expert here on pinside....

Rob

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

Ignored user comment

You are forgetting that everyone is a certified expert here on pinside....
    Rob

So called experts I have blacklisted.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

I agree in terms of happy action figures and toys with really colorful art but it wouldn't have had the gameplay, and that's where Stern SW shines. JMO

#16 6 years ago

JJP just put out a really great pinball machine called Dialed In. If the new stern Star Wars isn't your cup of tea and you insist on buying a brand new pinball machine, rignt now, that is a very good option for you.

If you insist on buying only Star Wars pinball machines, there are currently 4 to choose from that aren't too hard to find. If you don't want any of them I don't know what to tell you. There won't be any more coming out any time soon.

#17 6 years ago

Yeah well nobody in 1978 was saying "Hmm...you know what this band needs? That singer from Rainbow."
    Don't stop believin Twinmice!

#18 6 years ago

I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

point is the game would be better if not amazing

#20 6 years ago

If it happens, it won't happen for years down the line. I bet Stern has exclusive rights to the theme for quite a while. If JJP were ever to make a Star Wars game, I would hope that it would be for the new trilogy, just to mix things up. But I just don't see it happening for a long time.

#21 6 years ago

No Jersey jack should make a new water world Pinball imagine a brand new water world.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

It would probably also have zero flow, be based on episodes 1-3 and have jar jar popups on the playfield. See, I can make stuff up too!

Rob

#23 6 years ago

Star wars has been made by 4 companies so far....come on lucky number 5!

#24 6 years ago

JJP doesn't choose good themes, they could retheme the Golden Girls they are working on, maybe...

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

"Hmm...you know what this band needs? That singer from Rainbow."

Ritchie Blackmore never knew how good he had it.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Star wars has been made by 4 companies so far....come on lucky number 5!

Somebodies gotta get it right eventually

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

That's a really great point.

#28 6 years ago

I actually hope they do just so we can have another 10 threads aboot Star Wars. The main thing, that we get the total number of people that are "Star Wars fans." A rare bunch indeed, but they seem to OK with finally letting the cat out of the bag now. OMG I even heard one guy liked Boba Fett the best!!! tee hee

#29 6 years ago

Who has the Apple Jacks license? Must've expired.

#30 6 years ago

Goddamn I love Apple Jacks. Ever since I was a kid and I first saw Apple Jacks in the theatre I was blown away; you'd never had cereal like that before. Then growing up they kept making more Apple Jacks and I loved it just as much. Someday when my daughter is old enough we'll enjoy Apple Jacks together.

#31 6 years ago

No doubt that it would be the best built, highest quality pinball machine evah.....

#32 6 years ago

To sum it up:

Op: Hey guys, I know this is a stupid ?...but man it would be cool!

Levi: Dude..what a stupid question!

Op: wouldn't it be cool though?

Levi: Wow! Really guy?

Op: Ok Levi, we know...you're smarter than the average bear...but can't a guy dream?

Levi: NO!

#33 6 years ago

Sadly this theme is spoiled for at least 5 years by the dark side.

#34 6 years ago

What if JJP did SW and it was packed full of toys...but the art still looked like the X-files?

#35 6 years ago

I remember when Jack posted about SW and got everyone talking. Stern obtained the classic SW license based on 40 year anniversary- not any of the new stuff, JJP could probably easily obtain it if they wanted to pay the steep license fee. Not sure if it would be worth the cost of the license?

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't know the details regarding Stern's deal, but that's what matters--the details. Almost nothing is exclusive anymore, especially with Disney, unless the licensee pays through the nose. The situation may be different in this instance, since these are big-ticket items. But it may not be. My point is, do not assume a deal is exclusive--those days are long gone.

#38 6 years ago

I could see JJP doing it once Episode 9 is released. The game would cover all 9 movies. Keith Johnson then creates the deepest ruleset ever for a pin with 3 modes per film plus 1 mini wizard mode all coming together in the end for the world's greatest super wizard mode

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

To sum it up:
    Op: Hey guys, I know this is a stupid ?...but man it would be cool!
    Levi: Dude..what a stupid question!
    Op: wouldn't it be cool though?
    Levi: Wow! Really guy?
    Op: Ok Levi, we know...you're smarter than the average bear...but can't a guy dream?
    Levi: NO!

To be fair, he didn't say he knew his question was stupid.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I could see JJP doing it once Episode 9 is released. The game would cover all 9 movies. Keith Johnson then creates the deepest ruleset ever for a pin with 3 modes per film plus 1 mini wizard mode all coming together in the end for the world's greatest super wizard mode

I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES

#41 6 years ago

I'd like to see them take a stab at Wrath of Khan. Not the remake of course.

It's got to have Ricardo Montalban.

#42 6 years ago

Cordoba.....

#43 6 years ago

Volare, oh oh..

#44 6 years ago

You guys shut up. You're depressing me. I'm old enough to understand what the f**k you're both on about.

#45 6 years ago

C'mon boob, sing along!

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'd like to see them take a stab at Wrath of Khan. Not the remake of course.
    It's got to have Ricardo Montalban.

Thats sound fantastic, I wouldn't mind a pin that utilized all 6 films, I love them all but Khan is the best of the bunch.

#47 6 years ago

It could have a lower playfield with a whale in it.

#48 6 years ago

Wrath of Khan was the 1st movie I remember going to with Dad. We saw all of them at the theater.
    And you know damn well that was IV OD... harrr.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

To be fair, he didn't say he knew his question was stupid.

I knew you were going to say that...I was just trying to make him look better...

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I knew you were going to say that...I was just trying to make him look better...

Always one...step...ahead!! You are a worthy foe!

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-should-give-star-wars-a-try-also?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.