Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Star-Wars-Rouge-One (resized).jpg
    Popeye's Fried Chicken (resized).jpg
    balls (resized).jpg
    Diald (resized).JPG
    IMG_7944 (resized).JPG
    There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Volare, oh oh..

The Chrysler Cordoba had the Dodge Charger SE "twin" while the Plymouth Volare' had the Dodge Aspen twin (fondly referred to as the Ash Pan)

#52 6 years ago

They should have had Dean Martin do the ad, but he was probably too liquored up after finding out he didn't get a part in The Towering Inferno.

#53 6 years ago

Dean Martin will smack the coif outta yer hair and you will thank him for it.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody with even a rudimentary grasp of how licensing works - and from the posts I've seen, they probably aren't here - would understand that this is stern's exclusive license in pinball for some time.
    So don't expect it anytime soon.

Not necessarily

#55 6 years ago

I'm so sick of Star Wars already. And I love Star Wars.

What pushed me over the ledge was not the 63 Star Wars threads on Pinside, but I walked past an official Disney shop a couple of weeks ago, and in the entrance was a life size......(no not Mickey Mouse, not Buzz Lightyear, nor Elsa).......Stormtrooper!!!

#56 6 years ago

Disney Stormtroopers...
    Wake me when this is over.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Disney Stormtroopers...
    Wake me when this is over.

We have Disney Iron Man (and Hulk, and Thor....) etc now.

#58 6 years ago

Disney is the company that fired their US workers and refused to give them their severance unless they trained their new cheaper overseas workers. Why you guys would give them a dime of your hard earned cash is beyond me.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Disney Stormtroopers...

What do you expect? They could never sign Spongebob. So they took the next best thing.

#60 6 years ago

Nope! They most do this pinball

IMG_7944 (resized).JPGIMG_7944 (resized).JPG

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

JJP just put out a really great pinball machine called Dialed In. If the new stern Star Wars isn't your cup of tea and you insist on buying a brand new pinball machine, rignt now, that is a very good option for you.

Don't go messin' with me now.

Diald (resized).JPGDiald (resized).JPG

Or I might do a song and dance and maybe even a revue.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from twinmice:

Williams made IJ, stern made IJ, same goes with terminator, so i would think anything is possible in the future. Also I wonder if Disney is pleased in the overall look and play of the pin? I know they approve the art, but I wonder if stern gave them basic art without trying to push the issue, I know they probably dont really care about gameplay, but maybe. I'm just saying could you imagine if both made a Star Wars? It would make both companies attempt to out due the other, which would be good for us.

Yeah. The two Indiana Jones machines were produced about fifteen years apart.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Wrath of Khan was the 1st movie I remember going to with Dad. We saw all of them at the theater.
    And you know damn well that was IV OD... harrr.

When my wife was 5 years old, her dad left her mom for the tamborine player in his band. on the day he left, in order to cheer her up, her mom took her to the movies. for some reason they went to see Wrath of Khan. When it got to the part with the mind-control worms crawling into peoples' ears, she ran out of the theatre screaming.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

Disney is the company that fired their US workers and refused to give them their severance unless they trained their new cheaper overseas workers. Why you guys would give them a dime of your hard earned cash is beyond me.

You show me virtually any company any of us buy anything from and I'll show you a terrible thing they've done.

It's all part of the Faustian bargain we call capitalism. Seems odd to pick on Disney.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

Their name is mud in the tech community. They're really struggling to find top talent because of this move.

#66 6 years ago

...and they're racist!!! wait.. who are talking about, again?

#67 6 years ago

Exclusive Star Wars license? Nonsense! Hey everyone...

balls (resized).jpgballs (resized).jpg

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You show me virtually any company any of us buy anything from and I'll show you a terrible thing they've done.
    It's all part of the Faustian bargain we call capitalism. Seems odd to pick on Disney.

Gee I've never seen this clever apologist dodge before "but everybody else does it"! (wildly pointing fingers in every other direction).

But I'm only talking about Disney here. And no... not every company does this to it's workers. As you well know.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

Gee I've never seen this clever apologist dodge before "but everybody else does it"! (wildly pointing fingers in every other direction).
    But I'm only talking about Disney here. And no... not every company does this to it's workers. As you well know.

Would you eat at Poppy's even though you might disagree with his politics?

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's hardly "politics" and since Disney makes nothing I need to live or survive it makes my choice easy

Your mileage may vary.

#71 6 years ago

I like JJP but the world has enough Star Wars merch.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

It's hardly "politics" and since Disney makes nothing I need to live or survive it makes my choice easy
    Your mileage may vary.

My mileage says you are shaming anybody who "puts money" in Disney's pockets because of their poor treatment of Tech employees, but you don't seem to care the computer and phone you are using to post here was built by companies whose supply chain depends upon child labor and horrendous pay/working conditions.

And it's easy to take a principled stand against companies who make nothing "you need" but I think your principles might have a little more give on stuff like your computer or phone, no?

Your point is taken, however. Disney certainly should treat all of its workers better, not just the ones it is forced to treat decently because they are union.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Great idea Levi! I haven't been there in a while.

Popeye's Fried Chicken (resized).jpgPopeye's Fried Chicken (resized).jpg

#74 6 years ago

JJP has already comfirmed for me every theme is save with them and has a good chance to turn into a fantastic pin. Only layout and grafix could spoil their games. But that is more a thing of taste, than opinion.

Still they have to build the right pin for me, woz and di i dont like theme and hobbit was a big miss layout wise.

But a JJP pin with the right theme and lay out will be my new number one pin ever. I am sure about that.

#75 6 years ago

I would LOVE a Star Wars pin but with Episodes 3-9(since Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones both suck ass) and hell, while we're at it, throw in some Rogue One content as well.

#76 6 years ago

You kids and you're thinking #3 is OK when it's actually the worst! Jesus I was praying jar jar would show up at the end

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You kids and you're thinking #3 is OK when it's actually the worst! Jesus I was praying jar jar would show up at the end

Revenge of the Sith wasn't THAT bad. Yes, it had issues, but it wasn't a total shitshow like 1 and 2. I recently tried to rewatch Attack of the Clones and I couldn't do it. I'm still amazed George Lucas thought that it was good enough to be put in theaters.

#78 6 years ago

Jar jar or NOOOOOOOOOO. I watched parts of each lately and I was shocked 3 was the worst too. It's just so much more insulting. "lost the will to live" oh man there's just so much it's so wrong.
    They try to trick you with some cool Darth Vader shit at the end to try to make you forget a ho hum movie you just watched. But enough aboot rogue one....

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Jar jar or NOOOOOOOOOO. I watched parts of each lately and I was shocked 3 was the worst too. It's just so much more insulting. "lost the will to live" oh man there's just so much it's so wrong.
    They try to trick you with some cool Darth Vader shit at the 3nd to try to make you forget a ho hum movie you just watched. But enough aboot rogue one....

I agree that Padme was an useless character. She was just simply there to do senate duties....

Onto the Darth Vader NOOOO issue, it seems silly at first, but I feel like Lucas should've made Vader go for more of an aggressive NOOOO, but with James Earl Jones, it came out more comical than serious.

#80 6 years ago

What about a pin solely dedicated to Rouge One? Could still be cool, has tie fighters, Death Star, at-at's etc. lots of toys to pick from.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from twinmice:

Williams made IJ, stern made IJ, same goes with terminator, so i would think anything is possible in the future. Also I wonder if Disney is pleased in the overall look and play of the pin? I know they approve the art, but I wonder if stern gave them basic art without trying to push the issue, I know they probably dont really care about gameplay, but maybe. I'm just saying could you imagine if both made a Star Wars? It would make both companies attempt to out due the other, which would be good for us.

Steve Ritchie talked about the art at one of the shows. Apparently they had some mock ups all hand drawn but Disney basically told them what the art would be and this is it

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from twinmice:

What about a pin solely dedicated to Rouge One?

Star-Wars-Rouge-One (resized).jpgStar-Wars-Rouge-One (resized).jpg

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Steve Ritchie talked about the art at one of the shows. Apparently they had some mock ups all hand drawn but Disney basically told them what the art would be and this is it

it is (or needs to be) someone at Stern's job to explain to the licensors what pinball is and how it is an important American art form with a long history and strong cultural catchet and so on and so forth and show them Metallica and Ghostbusters and be like "pinball machines need to look amazing and cool, like this. we know what we're doing. we got this." someone at Stern failed at their job on this one.

#84 6 years ago

The fail is doing second hand licenses from hand me down lincensors that are only in it for the money. If they weren't so insistent on dealing with Disney or other companies like them that don't care about pinball, then maybe they would show a more original and creative product.

#85 6 years ago

A dedicated Revenge of the Sith would be great, that film had the best fight sequences and for me the best plot of all the films, thats right all the films and while I love Empire Rof Sith is close. Fantastic film.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Onto the Darth Vader NOOOO issue, it seems silly at first, but I feel like Lucas should've made Vader go for more of an aggressive NOOOO, but with James Earl Jones, it came out more comical than serious.

Comical is being nice.

Given all the other CGI "enhancements" (like R2D2's stupid rocket legs) in the prequels, I fully expected a pair of miniature windshield wipers to extend across Vader's helmet lenses and wipe away crocodile tears....

That one scene turned the most iconic badass in movie history into a total pansy. Epic Fail.

Later,
    EV

#87 6 years ago

I always have been a huge SW fan, but time for something new. We have had multiple SW games made over the years. The theme does not excite as something fresh and new on the pinball scene would for ex.
    Evil Dead
    Mad Max
    or what would be a JJP match made in heaven "The Nightmare before Christmas".

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

C'mon boob, sing along!
    » YouTube video

Funny, my memory was that the line was "Riiiich Corrrrinthian Leaaather..."

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Comical is being nice.
    Given all the other CGI "enhancements" (like R2D2's stupid rocket legs) in the prequels, I fully expected a pair of miniature windshield wipers to extend across Vader's helmet lenses and wipe away crocodile tears....
    That one scene turned the most iconic badass in movie history into a total pansy. Epic Fail.
    Later,
    EV

Still less of an insult than Jar Jar and Hayden Christiansen's acting...

Although I think Revenge of the Sith is the best of the prequels, it's far from my favorite Star Wars movie...

Favorite Star Wars movies in order:

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Return of the Jedi
    3. A New Hope
    4. Force Awakens
    5. Rogue One
    6. Revenge of the Sith
    7. Phantom Menace
    8. Attack of the Clones

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Still less of an insult than Jar Jar and Hayden Christiansen's acting...

ehhhh I don't know.
    Jar Jar is an Ewok basically; a funny little cartoon made to sell toys that backfired.
    Hayden's acting is bad, but the writing is so horrible I don't know what anyone could do with it; Natalie Portman is just as bad she just doesn't have as many lines.
    But whom the hell are they? Nobodies in the galaxy and canon and disposable characters.
    Darth Vader is Darth Vader and that seen is completely and utterly horrible, or great for a comedy. But lucas in his usual terrible writing decided to put on 2 shitty horrible "NOs" with the Emperor.

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

But lucas in his usual terrible writing decided to put on 2 shitty horrible "NOs" with the Emperor.

BINGO!!!

Some directors can do both directing and writing, but definitely not Lucas.

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

No Jersey jack should make a new water world Pinball imagine a brand new water world.

I've sat down to watch the movie many times, and never finished, could never make sense of any aspect of the plot. Fortunately the pin is fun.

#93 6 years ago

The Pod Racing scene in Phantom Menace was good ....but that's it (well actually I kind of liked the underwater scene too but it was short)

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-should-give-star-wars-a-try-also/page/2?hl=touchingevil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.