Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gryszzz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

george_carlin_as_rufus_in_bill_and_ted_s_excellent_adventure__rP4UZGIJ.sized (resized).jpg
    bcbfc2e5afc6c1ad922081633667d48cc08fc101 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

POTC rules, to many, sound bewildering and overly involved. 23 characters! A zillion modes from each movie! I think in large part this is because outside of a couple characters and maybe the first two movies, who even knows, remembers, or cares about POTC movies? They made a lot of money, but I don't get the feeling that POTC 4 has this deeply passionate fanbase who knows all the ins and outs of different scenes or minor characters.

On the other hand, I think this style rule set would work much better in the context of a beloved, long-running show like Seinfeld. Every episode is a mode, and you have to complete x episodes from each season to get to the mini-wizard. Play as Newman, or the Soup Nazi, or the Low Talker, or Lt. Bookman, each who have different advantages. Every game is a different sequence of modes. Complete all seasons to get to the Master of Your Domain wizard mode. At that point the game takes your picture and digitally puts a puffy shirt on you.

Who's in

#2 6 years ago

Michael Richards comedy club rant completely ruined that show for me.

#3 6 years ago

It made it for me.............

#4 6 years ago

Don’t know how well Seinfeld would translate to pinball. If done with lots of sound and video clips along with an interesting layout, I think it could work. Definitely need to include a Frogger mini game

#5 6 years ago

I'm in on a "These Pretzels Are Making Me Thirsty" mode.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm in on a "These Pretzels Are Making Me Thirsty" mode.

Im in on the Jerk Store LE

#7 6 years ago

Totally in for a LE, in the timeless art of seduction.

John

bcbfc2e5afc6c1ad922081633667d48cc08fc101 (resized).jpgbcbfc2e5afc6c1ad922081633667d48cc08fc101 (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

Time to throw in the usual "I'd rather have a George Carlin themed pinball machine".

#9 6 years ago

I had heard that Seinfeld won't do stand up anymore, due to political correctness. Go figure

#10 6 years ago

I would love a Seinfeld Pinball I always enjoy watching the show.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I had heard that Seinfeld won't do stand up anymore, due to political correctness. Go figure

Looks like he's still doing plenty of dates.

https://www.vividseats.com/comedy/jerry-seinfeld-tickets.html

#12 6 years ago

Ok I stand corrected.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Ok I stand corrected.

But you're on the right track as he was "recentlyish talking aboot how he didn't like to do College Campuses becasue the kids are the overly PC ones.

#14 6 years ago

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Time to throw in the usual "I'd rather have a George Carlin themed pinball machine".

You'll never see that

#16 6 years ago

I don't understand the obsession with having a "themed" pinball machines anyway. All it seems to do is raise the price of the game to cover the use of a movie, band or celebrity.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

You'll never see that

Really? Well that blows my high.

george_carlin_as_rufus_in_bill_and_ted_s_excellent_adventure__rP4UZGIJ.sized (resized).jpggeorge_carlin_as_rufus_in_bill_and_ted_s_excellent_adventure__rP4UZGIJ.sized (resized).jpg

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I don't understand the obsession with having a "themed" pinball machines anyway.

Because people like & identify with them, which leads to easy sales for the companies. It's silly, but that simple.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Because people like & identify with them

I thought it was more to keep the front page of pinside lit up with nostalgia.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I thought it was more to keep the front page of pinside lit up with nostalgia.

6 of 1....

#21 6 years ago

Soup Nazi mode?

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

Soup Nazi mode?

No jackpot for you!

Cmon Jack this would kill

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

POTC rules, to many, sound bewildering and overly involved. 23 characters! A zillion modes from each movie! I think in large part this is because outside of a couple characters and maybe the first two movies, who even knows, remembers, or cares about POTC movies? They made a lot of money, but I don't get the feeling that POTC 4 has this deeply passionate fanbase who knows all the ins and outs of different scenes or minor characters.
    On the other hand, I think this style rule set would work much better in the context of a beloved, long-running show like Seinfeld. Every episode is a mode, and you have to complete x episodes from each season to get to the mini-wizard. Play as Newman, or the Soup Nazi, or the Low Talker, or Lt. Bookman, each who have different advantages. Every game is a different sequence of modes. Complete all seasons to get to the Master of Your Domain wizard mode. At that point the game takes your picture and digitally puts a puffy shirt on you.
    Who's in

I love this idea. Could do the same for Friends, Big Bang Theory.

#24 6 years ago

What if it was a call out for tilt “No Pinball for You!”

#25 6 years ago

A pinball about nothing...

#26 6 years ago

Reverse zipper flippers for Shrinkage mode

#27 6 years ago

A pinball machine about nothing.....I like it!

#28 6 years ago

I could get into "Marine Biologist Multiball" where you knock pinballs into the ocean.

#29 6 years ago

never heard of it...

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

never heard of it...

It's a pin about nothing

#31 6 years ago

Jimmy wants to take you out on a date.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-should-do-seinfeld-with-potc-style-rules and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.